THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Gameday Thread Browns at Ravens

tinythinker

"We have the players, and we have the coaches,” Chubb said. “We just have to put it together. There is no excuse for us with who all is on our team to go out there and put up one touchdown. That is unacceptable. We know it, we accept that, and we are looking to get better.”

~Nick Chubb~

This is all I have heard from the team since it has been back... Why are we still waiting?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Really? Well PFF and I saw the same things then this time. 

For a spot many of us were concerned about, it's an early return that shows promise.    If he keeps this up and Wills stays healthy while improving, then it's one of the best lines in the NFL.

And that seems to lead right back to your piece on Baker. Do I get a credit🤑?   😁

54 minutes ago, nickers said:

"We have the players, and we have the coaches,” Chubb said. “We just have to put it together. There is no excuse for us with who all is on our team to go out there and put up one touchdown. That is unacceptable. We know it, we accept that, and we are looking to get better.”

~Nick Chubb~

This is all I have heard from the team since it has been back... Why are we still waiting?

We haven’t been this good offensively in 20 years. Chubb is speaking facts. He is trying to speak it into existence. 
Nick is also a Batman fan, and the night is darkest just before dawn, folks.

1 hour ago, nickers said:

~Nick Chubb~

I think we put up big numbers Thursday.  Let’s hope the defense can get in the way a little 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So you want a Forbes magazine too just like Stormy huh?😜

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCPYBEIoBSFXyq4   pink font included... nope.. but i'd buy her magazine :wub: house, car, bar bills.. but never a pair of panties ever again.. 👙

9 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I think we put up big numbers Thursday.  Let’s hope the defense can get in the way a little 

The defense does scare the crap out of me. If Burrow gets on a roll and into a groove, we might have to score 30. Remember, Burrow is young and doesn't know any better. He's going to be a lot like Baker as a rookie. You know, the guy who set records. Burrow is just gonna throw the ball around, whereas Baker knows he's running out of time. To be honest, this game isn't really about Baker as much as the papers would have us believe. This game is about our OTHER #1 pick, Myles Garrett. 

Garrett got seriously paid and that money comes with the expectation that he will alter games on a regular basis. Garrett needs to take over and do so on national television. He's got to exercise the previous demons and help his team get an effing victory. 

7 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

The defense does scare the crap out of me. If Burrow gets on a roll and into a groove, we might have to score 30. Remember, Burrow is young and doesn't know any better. He's going to be a lot like Baker as a rookie. You know, the guy who set records. Burrow is just gonna throw the ball around, whereas Baker knows he's running out of time. To be honest, this game isn't really about Baker as much as the papers would have us believe. This game is about our OTHER #1 pick, Myles Garrett. 

Garrett got seriously paid and that money comes with the expectation that he will alter games on a regular basis. Garrett needs to take over and do so on national television. He's got to exercise the previous demons and help his team get an effing victory. 

I don't disagree with that. But one thing that bothered me about the Ravens game was that for some reason after a whole high school, college and pro career they switch him to the other side of the field. You have to suddenly try to do many things reverse from what you had been doing for years. Now why exactly was that done? It certainly looked like he was not anywhere near what we are used to seeing from him. Isn't anyone else capable of being the LDE? I didn't exactly see the people playing RDE do much of anything either. Well at least the half of the game I watched.

Plus the way they were using the DL was to try to keep containment lanes on the QB, kind of limiting the things they could do to pushing forward rather than trying to get around. If the LBs can't pick up the holes with a DE like Myles spinning, jumping, going around, etc., we are in really big, big trouble.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Uhhhhh....guys. He threw this ball away btw. I...just...I...ummm...

20200917_082628.jpg

Fuck me. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I don't disagree with that. But one thing that bothered me about the Ravens game was that for some reason after a whole high school, college and pro career they switch him to the other side of the field. You have to suddenly try to do many things reverse from what you had been doing for years. Now why exactly was that done? It certainly looked like he was not anywhere near what we are used to seeing from him. Isn't anyone else capable of being the LDE? I didn't exactly see the people playing RDE do much of anything either. Well at least the half of the game I watched.

Plus the way they were using the DL was to try to keep containment lanes on the QB, kind of limiting the things they could do to pushing forward rather than trying to get around. If the LBs can't pick up the holes with a DE like Myles spinning, jumping, going around, etc., we are in really big, big trouble.

A QB like Lamar neutralizes your pass rushers. 

I fully expect (Hope) that we see Garrett have 2/3 sacks especially when lined up over their other tackle Hart- he was awful against the Chargers 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

A QB like Lamar neutralizes your pass rushers. 

I fully expect (Hope) that we see Garrett have 2/3 sacks especially when lined up over their other tackle Hart- he was awful against the Chargers 

We actually lead the damn league in pass pressure percentage. Can you believe that shit? 

Burrow goes DOWN in 8 hours. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, nickers said:

~Nick Chubb~

no shit.....when this thing falls apart again, which it probably will, i'd like to see chubb come back to atlanta.....gurly looks like he is shot....already....i always thought chubb was the better of gurly and sony michel....

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

we ain't scoring 30...get that out of your head......would be nice....but i see their ground game eating up the clock along with our creampuff secondary getting eaten up on short to mid pass completions.....chewing up the clock ...that is what all teams do to the clowns...

57 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

That’s rough.. If we see this, I’m sure Baker saw this too. I expect a different looking QB from here out.

I have a feeling that interception killed him. First drive of the season and he gets baited by the largest human on earth. What a way to start the damn year. 

Ya know, I heard something the other day that really made me nervous. It said that it took Lamar Jackson over 4 weeks of camp to throw his first interception and it took Baker just 4 minutes. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I have a feeling that interception killed him. First drive of the season and he gets baited by the largest human on earth. 

it took Lamar Jackson over 4 weeks of camp to throw his first interception and it took Baker just 4 minutes. 

I agree. And then a fake punt after... reeks of desperation.. just a wonky start. 
Lamar really is just built different. I’m not sure who can stop that offense. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 11:35 AM, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Larry O was impressive as hell. We need him to be that guy for us in the middle. Explosive.

As a UNC-Charlotte graduate, I just have to say again it's so great seeing Larry ball out. Totally agree, we need to lock him up especially because a lot of dudes are going to look for a deal with the uncertainty of the salary cap over the next few years. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I agree. And then a fake punt after... reeks of desperation.. just a wonky start. 
Lamar really is just built different. I’m not sure who can stop that offense. 

I know, Lamar did some shit that was simply stupid good. I told anyone who would listen to me just how much Lamar terrified me when Ravens drafted him. I saw him beat the stink out of my Seminoles for years and nobody could even touch him or seemingly make his team PUNT. 

The truly scary thing about tonight's game is the Bengals EXPECT to win. You remember at the end of last season and they were mouthing off about the final game and how they were going to beat us? They were 1-14, mouthing off off. And they beat our ass. 

I know we're talking about game here, and I try not to take it too seriously, but we could be really screwed as a fan base here. It'll be ugly as all hell if we lose. I just want to have fun again.