THE BROWNS BOARD

Education, Not Income, Predicted Who Would Vote For Trump

MLD Woody

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/education-not-income-predicted-who-would-vote-for-trump/

Education levels may be a proxy for cultural hegemony. Academia, the news media and the arts and entertainment sectors are increasingly dominated by people with a liberal, multicultural worldview, and jobs in these sectors also almost always require college degrees. Trump’s campaign may have represented a backlash against these cultural elites.

Educational attainment may be a better indicator of long-term economic well-being than household incomes. Unionized jobs in the auto industry often pay reasonably well even if they don’t require college degrees, for instance, but they’re also potentially at risk of being shipped overseas or automated.

Education levels probably have some relationship with racial resentment, although the causality isn’t clear. The act of having attended college itself may be important, insofar as colleges and universities are often more diverse places than students’ hometowns. There’s more research to be done on how exposure to racial minorities affected white voters. For instance, did white voters who live in counties with large Hispanic populations shift toward Clinton or toward Trump?

Education levels have strong relationships with media-consumption habits, which may have been instrumental in deciding people’s votes, especially given the overall decline in trust in the news media.

Trump’s approach to the campaign — relying on emotional appeals while glossing over policy details — may have resonated more among people with lower education levels as compared with Clinton’s wonkier and more cerebral approach

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/behind-trumps-victory-divisions-by-race-gender-education/

image.png.51ab0700f03703d008be98f8de6a27c6.png

Someone on the right posts some long winded story and the left calls it not worth their time.
Then the left posts some long winded story and the right calls it not worth their time 

This is worth laughing at 

• Upvote 1

There may be a grain of Truth in there somewhere. Here's an example for you. Lots of entrepreneurs small business owners successful inventors Etc don't have the highest college degrees but they do have ideas and a high work ethic. Many of them earn highest incomes. (People with ideas who work hard to make them happen are often very successful.) On the other hand lots of people with Masters and doctorates for example high school and college teachers will have higher education on paper yet while impressive the salaries don't match the business owner with a high school education. That's what makes them bitter and jealous. And bitter jealous people tend to vote Democrat. Interestingly doctors on average make about twice what lawyers make. Doctors whose job is to actually help people tend to vote Republican why lawyers whose primary goal is to keep criminals on the street tend Democrat.

Thanks Woody. 

WSS

6 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

There may be a grain of Truth in there somewhere. Here's an example for you. Lots of entrepreneurs small business owners successful inventors Etc don't have the highest college degrees but they do have ideas and a high work ethic. Many of them earn highest incomes. (People with ideas who work hard to make them happen are often very successful.) On the other hand lots of people with Masters and doctorates for example high school and college teachers will have higher education on paper yet while impressive the salaries don't match the business owner with a high school education. That's what makes them bitter and jealous. And bitter jealous people tend to vote Democrat. Interestingly doctors on average make about twice what lawyers make. Doctors whose job is to actually help people tend to vote Republican why lawyers whose primary goal is to keep criminals on the street tend Democrat.

Thanks Woody. 

WSS

I do love me some satire in the morning.

12 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/education-not-income-predicted-who-would-vote-for-trump/

Education levels may be a proxy for cultural hegemony. Academia, the news media and the arts and entertainment sectors are increasingly dominated by people with a liberal, multicultural worldview, and jobs in these sectors also almost always require college degrees. Trump’s campaign may have represented a backlash against these cultural elites.

Well duh. As if this is news.

This in itself is self explanatory with one word ..."elites"

These three college educated  elitist groups, neither of which have no ties to grass roots America are the self appointed delusional "end all, be all"  bodies indoctrinated to believe they know what's best for grass roots America. What everyone else thinks is beneath them.

And they wonder why there is a backlash?

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

what is stupid about it?

I dunno, maybe because being educated has zero to do with intelligence has something to do with it.

I mean look at all these Retard liberals around us with college educations. (You claim not to be a liberal so I know I didn't have to worry about offending you.}

2 minutes ago, Gorka said:

I dunno, maybe because being educated has zero to do with intelligence has something to do with it.

I mean look at all these Retard liberals around us with college educations.

You claim not to be a liberal so I know I didn't have to worry about offending you.

A lot of people pretend a lot of shit because they think other people who believe they are thoughtful and independent. I don't know if they even believe it or are just kidding themselves.

Even though he is nearly a complete asshole NEO at least it doesn't pretend to be conservative.

WSS

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Thanks Woody. 

WSS

Hey, if it makes you feel better to look at it this way, go for it. 

But you may want to do some research first...

OG-DE846_DOCTOR_4U_20190917160012.png

OG-DG640_DOCTOR_4U_20191006195607.png

I personally know 3 young women who I had the pleasure of coaching from the age of 10-17 who all went to a 4 year university (all took at least 6 years to graduate) and all 3 are currently living with their parents at the age of 25. While all 3 are still the awesome kids I got to see grow up, they are still being taken care of by someone else.

I personally know over a dozen of my friends' kids (vast majority boys) who didn't go to a 4 year university, and every single one of them is a successful, hard working young man. Some have families of their own, some do not, but not a single one of them is being taken care of by someone else.

Education does not make anyone, in anyway, better than anyone else, and to believe it does means that you have been educated incorrectly. 

My 25yr old daughter is going to become a Dr. in December, and once that happens and she finally gets out on her own, paying 100% of all of her bills, then she will begin a whole new level of education that she has never had to learn before. (thanks dad) 

Education comes in many forms. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Everything isn't about you woodpecker.

WSS

I never said it was. I asked who was pretending to be a conservative. If anything, you brought me into in the post I quoted... which is kind of weird.

So who is pretending to be a conservative? 

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I never said it was. I asked who was pretending to be a conservative. If anything, you brought me into in the post I quoted... which is kind of weird.

So who is pretending to be a conservative? 

Anybody that identifies himself as a conservative then votes for the Biden Harris ticket. That wouldn't be you. I think you're probably one of the most liberal members of the board if, unless you were just talking out your ass, you're a Bernie Sanders supporter.

WSS

50 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

You said "doctors". Not just surgeons or other specialty. Not to mention that link has a stat for "All Doctors" and it shows there being more Dems. 

You can just admit you were wrong Steve... its ok....

43 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Ok? I never disputed that claim. Though a quick glance through that article makes me think it isn't providing evidence for the claim you were trying to make.

Just now, Westside Steve said:

Anybody that identifies himself as a conservative then votes for the Biden Harris ticket. That wouldn't be you. I think you're probably one of the most liberal members of the board if, unless you were just talking out your ass, you're a Bernie Sanders supporter.

WSS

I am one of the most liberal members of the board, but that is because our board skews HARD to the right. 

This board becomes an echo chamber of right wing (and far right wing... a 200 page thread cough cough) ideas, and it creates a perception that the "middle" is further right than it is. 

I could be the most liberal member of this board and still be the closest to the middle...

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I am one of the most liberal members of the board, but that is because our board skews HARD to the right. 

not as true as it used to be with you and the rest of the squad.

This board becomes an echo chamber of right wing (and far right wing... a 200 page thread cough cough) ideas, and it creates a perception that the "middle" is further right than it is. 

Again woodpecker for God's sake if it bothers you so much ignore the guys who make all those posts instead of constantly whining about.

I could be the most liberal member of this board and still be the closest to the middle...

Bernie Sanders is the most liberal candidate to run for the nomination since you been born.

WSS