THE BROWNS BOARD

The "It's-later-than-you-think" 2021 Mock Draft Thread

Tour2ma

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

With a team that included half dozen future NFL picks not currently featured on the 2020 football squad.    Clemson is head and shoulders above the Buckeyes right now barring a miracle turnaround during bowl prep.

And how many players from last year's Clemson team went to the NFL?  Probably about the same number as from OSU. 

If Trey Sermon plays as a man possessed, they have a shot to keep it respectable and possibly pull it off.  

That, and the defense.  defense has to be stellar.

44 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

OSU has had ZERO flow to this season.  6 games. Week on...week off.  They may very well not compete well because of that.  

BUT

OSU has every bit of talent that Clemson has...

Fields.  No comment.

Day 1 or 2 next season Garrett Wilson, day 2 guy Chris Olave,  two years away but on track...Njigba, Fleming.

Their entire Oline will be drafted when they graduate.  Wyatt Davis could be a first day pick.  Myers is probably a day 2 pick. 

Trey Sermon early day 3.  

Jeremy Ruckert. TE day 3.

Haskell Garrett is making a big move up draft boards. Tommy togiai another mover. The DEs talented all have another year of eligibility.

P. Werner is getting love as coverage backer. Baron Browning LB early day 3 guy.

Shaun Wade.  No comment. 

There are more...the season and interruptions and changes with defensive staff have taken a bit of toll on the Bucks...but position for position this one of the most talented rosters in the country. 

Not sure what you mean by the "No comments" re Fields and Wade.

I have a comment:  each of them could be taken in the Top Ten. 

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Not sure what you mean by the "No comments" re Fields and Wade.

I have a comment:  each of them could be taken in the Top Ten. 

Fields nor Wade are going top 10 as of yesterday.

Point is, the Bucks best offensive weapon last year was Dobbins. And they leaned on him heavily when things got whacky.   Clemson leans on their QB when things go sideways.   As of typing this, the Buckeyes can't say the same.

One of those players is in the NFL. I'll give you a hint, it isn't either QB.

Does tOSU have a shot?  Yes.   But they're going to need a heavy dose of Sermon and Teague, Day finally drawing up some designed runs for Fields beyond that split option, and a defense that finally plays a complete game against an offense with a pulse.

No small task. 

Just now, The Gipper said:

Suggest away, since there's no way to verify.  But chances are I'm right otherwise I tend to shut my mouth.   If JF shows out against Clemson like he did against NU and the draft board slide talk begins - then I'll accept your nod as being better than some professional draft 'prognosticator'.   Keep in mind a good deal of mocks have Fields as high as #2.

Should be an interesting couple weeks.

22 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

The player and their draft prospects speak for themselves. 

I was curious to why you put "No Comment" by those two.

Because both did not come close to playing like the top prospects they were going into the season. 

In the time I wrote this, Northwestern just got three first downs on Wade by running out routes on him, because he's apparently petrified of getting beat deep and plays 10 yards off receivers. 

I'm already on record numerous times about how I feel about Fields.

30 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Because both did not come close to playing like the top prospects they were going into the season. 

In the time I wrote this, Northwestern just got three first downs on Wade by running out routes on him, because he's apparently petrified of getting beat deep and plays 10 yards off receivers. 

Most posters on here know these players and know they are first round talents.  

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

DBs set where the called Defense dictates.

Also... I did not realize the game is still going on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

You'll notice the OSU DB play has fallen off when Hafley departed.

I'm not as bullish on Wade as I am Fields.  Wade is a talented DB that needs a little time.  Top 10?  No.  But when the Browns pick? I don't hate the idea at the moment.  

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Suggest away, since there's no way to verify.  But chances are I'm right otherwise I tend to shut my mouth.   If JF shows out against Clemson like he did against NU and the draft board slide talk begins - then I'll accept your nod as being better than some professional draft 'prognosticator'.   Keep in mind a good deal of mocks have Fields as high as #2.

Should be an interesting couple weeks.

There certainly is a way to verify if the prognosticators have them ranked in Top 10.  Just read their articles.  As you say, many have him going #2. 

I am not saying now what teams will do in May, or whatever.  I am saying how people...pros at that job...view them now. 

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

You'll notice the OSU DB play has fallen off when Hafley departed.

I'm not as bullish on Wade as I am Fields.  Wade is a talented DB that needs a little time.  Top 10?  No.  But when the Browns pick? I don't hate the idea at the moment.  

Hafley was and still is a great coach but there is no Chase Young type disruptor hurrying the clock of a QB.  And Guys like Sevyn Banks and Cam Brown aren’t as athletically gifted as Okudah.  Arnette makes your case for Hafley being missed.  Arnette played himself into a first round pick and I think Hafley had a lot to do with that but it took time and a lot of reps.  This current OSU DB group has not been afforded that same opportunity.

I tend to agree to on Wade.  He’s no Okaduh that’s for sure.  Not a pure cover guy, he’s not very fluid in that department.  But he’s a great tackler and he’s an instinctive football player. Pretty versatile- he played in the slot last year ventured out this year.   He’s not a No. 1 WR eraser. I think he’s a 15-20 type selection. 

We need premium draft capital spent on LBs, Interior Dlineman and a DE.  Perhaps even a CB.

We have a 1,2,3,3,4,4...5 of those 6 picks need investment at these three spots.  We are at point where need trumps all.  

Im willing to give Delpit a shot (he will essentially be a rookie coming off an Achilles not a good combo from instant contribution) and I’d couple that with an actual starter via free agency. So we roll with Harrison, Delpit and free agent starter. 

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

There certainly is a way to verify if the prognosticators have them ranked in Top 10.  Just read their articles.  As you say, many have him going #2. 

I am not saying now what teams will do in May, or whatever.  I am saying how people...pros at that job...view them now. 

Tell you what, you can go ahead and get to work on linking all the articles from these experts since you're the one making the claim.   Make sure those articles are dated on or after the 19th.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Tell you what, you can go ahead and get to work on linking all the articles from these experts since you're the one making the claim.   Make sure those articles are dated on or after the 19th.

From Tankathon:

1 Trevor Lawrence - QB
2 Justin Fields - QB
3 Penei Sewell - OT
4 Micah Parsons - OLB/ILB
5 Patrick Surtain II - CB

Walter Football:

jaguarsb_logo.gif Jacksonville Jaguars: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State OhioState_logo.gif
The Gardner Minshew experience was fun, but it's sadly coming to an end. Minshew is a feisty quarterback, but will be relegated to backup duties because he can't throw passes longer than 15 yards.

Justin Fields made the egregious mistake of committing to a program with a talented, young quarterback in Jake Fromm, so he was blocked from starting. Fields, however, was able to transfer to Ohio State, where he dominated in his first season. He continued his strong play into the shortened 2020 campaign, aside from a sloppy performance against Indiana

NFL Mock Draft Site
Date
No. 1
No. 2
No. 3
No. 4
No. 5
12/17
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
G.Rousseau
S.Cosmi
12/17
T.Lawrence
Z.Wilson
J.Chase
P.Sewell
J.Fields
12/16
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
G.Rousseau
K.Paye
12/16
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
G.Rousseau
M.Jones
12/16
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
M.Parsons
G.Rousseau
P.Sewell
12/16
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
S.Cosmi
P.Surtain
12/15
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
K.Pitts
R.Slater
12/14
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
P.Surtain
C.Farley
12/13
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
J.Chase
G.Rousseau
12/13
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
P.Surtain
M.Parsons
12/11
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
G.Rousseau
K.Pitts
12/11
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
T.Lance
P.Surtain
12/11
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
J.Chase
M.Parsons
12/10
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
M.Parsons
Z.Wilson
12/6
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
G.Rousseau
R.Walker
12/2
S.Howell
E.Neal
D.Stingley
O.Pappoe
K.Thibodeaux
12/1
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
P.Surtain
M.Parsons
12/1
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
C.Barmore
G.Rousseau
P.Sewell
11/28
T.Slough
D.Stingley
L.Brown
D.Nixon
J.Ross
11/21
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
G.Rousseau
T.Lance
P.Sewell
11/18
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
P.Surtain
M.Parsons
11/17
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
T.Lance
M.Parsons
11/15
S.Howell
K.Slovis
L.Brown
D.Stingley
K.Thibodeaux
11/11
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
G.Rousseau
M.Parsons
T.Lance
11/10
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
S.Wade
G.Rousseau
J.Chase
11/9
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
M.Parsons
Z.Wilson
11/7
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
J.Chase
P.Surtain
10/28
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
G.Rousseau
J.Chase
P.Sewell
9/8
T.Lawrence
P.Sewell
J.Fields
T.Lance
J.Chase
9/12
T.Lawrence
P.Sewell
J.Fields
J.Chase
M.Parsons
9/2
T.Lawrence
P.Sewell
J.Chase
G.Rousseau
M.Parsons
8/31
T.Lawrence
P.Sewell
J.Chase
G.Rousseau
T.Lance
8/28
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
G.Rousseau
J.Chase
T.Lance
PFF
8/19
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
M.Parsons
T.Lance
5/14
C.Stroud
D.Uiagalelei
B.Bresee
D.Sanders
T.Davis
5/6
T.Lawrence
G.Rousseau
P.Sewell
J.Chase
J.Fields
5/5
T.Lance
K.Thibodeaux
D.Stingley
K.Hamilton
Z.Harrison
5/3
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
G.Rousseau
P.Sewell
J.Chase
5/1
T.Lawrence
P.Sewell
J.Fields
J.Chase
G.Rousseau
4/30
P.Sewell
J.Chase
T.Lawrence
G.Rousseau
J.Ross
4/29
J.Fields
P.Sewell
J.Chase
G.Rousseau
D.Smith
4/29
T.Lawrence
P.Sewell
J.Chase
G.Rousseau
J.Fields
4/27
T.Lawrence
P.Sewell
G.Rousseau
J.Chase
J.Fields
4/27
T.Lawrence
J.Fields
P.Sewell
W.Little
J.Chase
4/26
T.Lawrence
P.Sewell
J.Chase
G.Rousseau
J.Fields

Advertisement

Advertisement

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And I don't have to make sure of shit.

You prove what you say by linking anything after the 19th that says otherwise.    If there are anything  I guess they are going to say that a sprained thumb is a reason for degrading a person's draft prospect. 

So none of those links are from the end of this regular season then?  Noted.

36 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

So none of those links are from the end of this regular season then?  Noted.

They are just a few that I could  find.   These were what were on Tankathon and Walter football as of right here, right now.  And as you can see some of those links in the database were updated as of the 16th or  17th, which is only 4-5  days ago.    You want something since then....you find them. 

Kiper:

Mel Kiper 2021 NFL Draft Big Board: 

IDECEMBER 17, 2020

Here are his top 10 prospects: 

1. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

2. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

3. Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State

4. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama

5. Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU

6. Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State

7. Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida

8. Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama

9. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB, Notre Dame

10. Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa

Just now, The Gipper said:

Kiper:

Mel Kiper 2021 NFL Draft Big Board: 

IDECEMBER 17, 2020

Here are his top 10 prospects: 

1. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

2. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

3. Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State

4. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama

5. Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU

6. Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State

7. Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida

8. Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama

9. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB, Notre Dame

10. Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa

You're purposefully avoiding anything Saturday or after.  And Mel Kiper?  Please.

He's a link from 11/5/12.  Before the real pro's started their draft evals on Matt Barkley.   The supposed #1 overall pick bestest,evvaaaaaaaaa

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1397384-matt-barkley-still-deserves-to-be-the-no-1-overall-pick-in-the-2013-nfl-draft.amp.html

Fast forward to the end of bowl season and he sunk like the Edmund Fitz.

You see my point, yes?