THE BROWNS BOARD

2021 'Who are you watching?' NFL prospect thread.

tiamat63

One name sure to be there for us is Wake's Bashum...

... if only his play lived up to his name.

Based on some unexpectedly decent Pro Day times I watched three 2020 games and was left to wonder what others see that earns him Round 2 status, let alone bottom of the 1st. IIRC the games were Clemson, NC State and NC(?)... not sure about the last one.

Major takeaways...

• no get-off... Seriously the man was consistently a beat slower out of his 3-point than every other lineman on both sides of the ball.
  • low agility... He beat one OT on one play on a speed rush... and then could not turn the corner to get to the QB.
  • inability to find the ball... In a later game he spent more time in a 2-point. I think it was so he could at least see where the ball started.
  • edge insecurity... I saw wide ZBS plays to his side (usually LDE) where he turned his back to the OL on him and ran with them as if it was a race to the sideline. RBs regularly made cut back decisions... and yardage.

Any positives? Maybe one... assignment discipline. Kid stayed at home when the play went away, broke down and looked ready for QB keeping any option. Problem was when the QB made a bad read and did keep it he was able to beat Bashum to the outside anyway.

I wasn't expecting much... and got a lot less than I was expecting.

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

One name sure to be there for us is Wake's Bashum...

nope.

Carlos Basham Jr. EDGE Wake Forest - Draft Player Profile ...

11 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Rousseau: 14 games 15.5 sacks. He was second only to Chase Young in 2019.  That was his first full season at DE in college football.  The “experts” i see point out the competition getting the sacks against inferior interior lineman. Of those sacks half appear to be Rousseau chasing down and closing on the QB (impressively) not necessarily beating his man. Looks to me that he needs coached up to use his hands and develop some pass rush setups to match his size.  BUT the closing burst and pursuit and range and motor I see is GREAT...keep in mind he would be chasing and pursuing guys like Burrow and Jackson- who keep plays alive and would be looking over their shoulder to see where Myles is coming.  You have to love a tall bodied interior force too getting his mitts in passing lanes.

Now I’m throwing Paye in here 11.5 sacks in 28 games.  We discredited this by saying the scheme was the cause of the sack numbers being less than remarkable. I don’t recall and OSU/UM game where he was on the field that I thought OSU has to be concerned with this guy. He tested much better he’s got all the buzz and to get him you’d have to move up. Just Don’t see it from my perspective. 

19 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Numbers look like a good day 3 get, but 1:1 reps outside of the most recent SrBowl are light on the intertubes.  Anyone heard anything about Benjamin St. Juste [CB - Minnesota]?  He went against Bateman every day for 2 years, he's at minimum better than Tavierre Thomas..

Since 2014 Minnesota has had a DB drafted every season but 2018.  Last year they had two. That’s pretty impressive for a program that hasn’t had great success the last couple decades aside from a couple seasons. 

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

Since 2014 Minnesota has had a DB drafted every season but 2018.  Last year they had two. That’s pretty impressive for a program that hasn’t had great success the last couple decades aside from a couple seasons. 

Minny always seems to have a name or two.  Eric Decker was a dog. Don't forget they had Lawrence Maroney and Marion the barbarian in the same backfield at one point.

6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Guess again... or at least find a relevant rebuttal. You know... like a ranking...

image.png.e22942f2bd12fe8e967b65f616da047c.pngimage.png.bdc8edc0bc13aa97343d31b21dad17e8.png

And FYI... "TDN" stands for The Draft Network, a/k/a, your referenced source where Bashum is their 9th ranked Edge on both boards.

You really do have comprehension issues.

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Guess again... or at least find a relevant rebuttal. You know... like a ranking...

image.png.e22942f2bd12fe8e967b65f616da047c.pngimage.png.bdc8edc0bc13aa97343d31b21dad17e8.png

And FYI... "TDN" stands for The Draft Network, a/k/a, your referenced source where Bashum is their 9th ranked Edge on both boards.

You really do have comprehension issues.

I think Cal is referring to the spelling of the last name.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

THANK YOU, I even put it in italics to make the fun point of his misspelling.  LOL

Not good for Tour to try to be such a smart ass when he can be a dumb ass at times.

Bash'em or Bash'-uuummm ? might be tour's way of thinking?

anywho? 

If this unknown LT fell to us in the 4th/5th round? Would ya try swinging him to protect both right and or left tackle? 

@Tour2ma.. I've found my guy.. Stick him behind Conklin ...

TDN--

Brady Christensen aligned at left tackle for the Cougars offense. He plays the game with average overall athleticism, with regards to his agility and movement skills. He does a good job handling edge defenders in their conference. However, his athletic limitations may be an issue at the next level. Although he aligns at left tackle, he could be better suited at right tackle while also adding value at guard. He plays with the level of football intelligence required to play multiple positions. He has redeeming value in his size, strength, and football IQ, but would likely struggle against athletic rushers in the NFL if he remains at left tackle. 

Ideal Role: Backup swing offensive tackle.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Bash'em or Bash'-uuummm ? might be tour's way of thinking?

anywho? 

If this unknown LT fell to us in the 4th/5th round? Would ya try swinging him to protect both right and or left tackle? 

@Tour2ma.. I've found my guy.. Stick him behind Conklin ...

TDN--

Brady Christensen aligned at left tackle for the Cougars offense. He plays the game with average overall athleticism, with regards to his agility and movement skills. He does a good job handling edge defenders in their conference. However, his athletic limitations may be an issue at the next level. Although he aligns at left tackle, he could be better suited at right tackle while also adding value at guard. He plays with the level of football intelligence required to play multiple positions. He has redeeming value in his size, strength, and football IQ, but would likely struggle against athletic rushers in the NFL if he remains at left tackle. 

Ideal Role: Backup swing offensive tackle.

The problem with evaluating any player from BYU, whether the QB or the OT, is that due to COVID they played not one power 5 team in 2020. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/252

46 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The problem with evaluating any player from BYU, whether the QB or the OT, is that due to COVID they played not one power 5 team in 2020. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/252

Man-a-mal Brady has 2 flaws...Already age 23.. Arm Length 32.25...  Brady has started every game since his red-shirt freshman year.. In fact.. he's played someone since 2018 & 38 starts..

Good news !! I have A&M's Carson Green on deck to watch👀 .. will he last till 5/6th round?

34 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Man-a-mal Brady has 2 flaws...Already age 23.. Arm Length 32.25...  Brady has started every game since his red-shirt freshman year.. In fact.. he's played someone since 2018 & 38 starts..

Good news !! I have A&M's Carson Green on deck to watch👀 .. will he last till 5/6th round?

I'd go with their LT Dan Moore, Jr. first. He is likely 3-4th rounder and Green maybe 5-6th. But their best one is taking over the LT spot next year as a Jr,- Kenyon Green. He is going to be a great one there IMO. And one of the Matthews brothers, oft injured Luke, is finally taking over center. Kenyon says he's tearing it up in spring ball. Great bloodlines for sure with older brother Jake starting LT with the Falcons for many years now. Both sons of HOFamer Bruce.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, gumby73 said:

The guy blocked two different defenders, clearing a path for the RB to go all they way to the end zone.  I'm predicting that they'll draft someone for that Tackle role.  

• Upvote 1

On 4/9/2021 at 4:37 PM, tiamat63 said:

Oops... should have known cal wasn't making a comment of any substance.

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

But will that hold up against NFL speed? That is the question.

And that's a fair question, but I think that's where the combination of scouting and projection comes into play.

Ali Marpet ( Going to tag @Tour2ma for this) is a prime example.  Everything checked out with him.  He dominated his level of competition, making it clear he was playing in a division well below his skill set.  The physical measurements and combine results checked out + he looked damn efficient and technically refined on tape.   1st round lock? Obviously not because with that projection comes a certain risk that you've pointed out - level of competition.  But falling to a high day 2? Sure.  Most any GM will be willing to pull that trigger in such a case.   

On 4/10/2021 at 9:32 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

I'd go with their LT Dan Moore, Jr. first. He is likely 3-4th rounder and Green maybe 5-6th. But their best one is taking over the LT spot next year as a Jr,- Kenyon Green. He is going to be a great one there IMO. And one of the Matthews brothers, oft injured Luke, is finally taking over center. Kenyon says he's tearing it up in spring ball. Great bloodlines for sure with older brother Jake starting LT with the Falcons for many years now. Both sons of HOFamer Bruce.

Just what i imaged when i watched Carson Green at the Senior Bowl..He's a great kid, having fun, getting to the next level...Not only did I take a looksie 👀 at Green.. but this popped up on the Network today...https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/carson-green-2021-nfl-draft-prospect-interview  I too, see Green as a guard at the next level.. A 5th a probable/ A 6th a steal...👍

I'm rowing the boat the Browns have "oodles of dude-ooles" that can play Guard* on this Roster..Hubbard is a better Guard than Tackle & we need a better swing Tackle than Chris Hubbard on this roster... We had to overpay for Conklin for the same reason, imho... Hubbard nor Conklin can play forever & we have the right OL coach to mold their *less priced* replacement...

Camp Brady Christensen, in the 3rd or 4th 🏁...(we have 2 picks in both rounds)

Edit-- I'll take a look at Mr. Dan Moore jr after next on deck, my hometown kid ECU D'Ante Smith (35.28 arms).

(do more than 5 peeps on here? still have a working job? 🤣)

• Upvote 1

Spent a little time on the Edge this AM with Mssrs. Phillips, Rousseau and Ojulari.

First have to say watching any of these vs. BAMA or Clemson was almost a complete waste of time. When faced with top tier OL talent you aren't going to be wowed. That said...

The one thing all three had in common was lack of a first step and uneven get-offs. The former is God-given, but the latter is focus. Still... there was one who ultimately won me over.

- Ojulari (UGA - 6'2, 249)... Watched his 2020 BAMA and Auburn games. Pretty stiff competition here, so I owe him a look-see vs. an easier mark... but for now... Probably the least disciplined of the three and the most athletic, but really nothing impressed me. Tends to fly upfield in pass rush... and past the QB. Little tech in evidence. Reasonable discipline on run plays away, but not a lot of hard edge setting when they come his way.

- Rousseau (The U - 6'7, 266)... have to look at 2019 for him (2020 opt-out). Found his VaTech and UVA games. Not a pressure Edge-guy... more of a "clean up on aisle flush" Edge player. His go-to Pass rush was make contact with the OL - stop'n'lock - pursue QB someone else flushes. Odd thing is he looks to have the most burst of this group. Good run discipline... when sees play away he can chase and catch it. Again not solid setter when it comes at him.

- Phillips (The U - 6'6, 260)... Rousseau's 2020 replacement... literally... same number (#15) and same position (LDE), but despite the size similarity not a carbon copy. He looks stronger and more agile than Rousseau to my eye. He's my winner here and (so far) my leading Edge prospect not named Paye. Watched his Clemson, VaTech, NCstate and Duke games. Outmatched vs. Clemson's RT he did one thing I did not see the above do... wear his man out. For a half Jaelen was stoned repeatedly on the rush, but then in Q3's 2nd series he started to get a step. Still no clean wins, but closer to it. While all three have nice motors,... Jaelen's looks to be higher displacement. Against lesser RTs he used an inside swim to generate pressure several times across the other three games. This his go-to and really all he showed tech-wise, but he's pretty good at it. Against the run his discipline was highest of these three and while he was not the pursuer on plays away the others were, he turned more runs back inside that the others combined.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Spent a little time on the Edge this AM with Mssrs. Phillips, Rousseau and Ojulari.

First have to say watching any of these vs. BAMA or Clemson was almost a complete waste of time. When faced with top tier OL talent you aren't going to be wowed. That said...

The one thing all three had in common was lack of a first step and uneven get-offs. The former is God-given, but the latter is focus. Still... there was one who ultimately won me over.

- Ojulari (UGA - 6'2, 249)... Watched his 2020 BAMA and Auburn games. Pretty stiff competition here, so I owe him a look-see vs. an easier mark... but for now... Probably the least disciplined of the three and the most athletic, but really nothing impressed me. Tends to fly upfield in pass rush... and past the QB. Little tech in evidence. Reasonable discipline on run plays away, but not a lot of hard edge setting when they come his way.

- Rousseau (The U - 6'7, 266)... have to look at 2019 for him (2020 opt-out). Found his VaTech and UVA games. Not a pressure Edge-guy... more of a "clean up on aisle flush" Edge player. His go-to Pass rush was make contact with the OL - stop'n'lock - pursue QB someone else flushes. Odd thing is he looks to have the most burst of this group. Good run discipline... when sees play away he can chase and catch it. Again not solid setter when it comes at him.

- Phillips (The U - 6'6, 260)... Rousseau's 2020 replacement... literally... same number (#15) and same position (LDE), but despite the size similarity not a carbon copy. He looks stronger and more agile than Rousseau to my eye. He's my winner here and (so far) my leading Edge prospect not named Paye. Watched his Clemson, VaTech, NCstate and Duke games. Outmatched vs. Clemson's RT he did one thing I did not see the above do... wear his man out. For a half Jaelen was stoned repeatedly on the rush, but then in Q3's 2nd series he started to get a step. Still no clean wins, but closer to it. While all three have nice motors,... Jaelen's looks to be higher displacement. Against lesser RTs he used an inside swim to generate pressure several times across the other three games. This his go-to and really all he showed tech-wise, but he's pretty good at it. Against the run his discipline was highest of these three and while he was not the pursuer on plays away the others were, he turned more runs back inside that the others combined.

^^^good write ups and I generally agree from the small sample sizes I’ve watched.

Id take both U guys over Ojulari.

I’m a Rousseau guy because I think there is some untapped potential and he has basically one season on the Dline and it was productive as hell and from what I see a knack of slipping blocks while not doing much in the way of technique.  His hands and pass rush technique need work- but man he can close and if he’s in Cleveland he’s gonna get QB and Ball carriers flushed to him often.  He was a safety/wr in HS and he opted out like you said this past year.  If he slides into the middle of the second round because of the Pro Day.  I’d be tempted to go up and get him.

We are going to look closely at Phillips medical history.  I feel he’s either high on our board or not on it based on what they find...he has some major ability down the road. 

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I know the time it takes to get even this level of summary, so I do appreciate you putting in the work to keep this thread going.  I'll hopefully be able to contribute with some due diligence soon enough. 

Watched the Bama - GA game and Ojulari reminded me of Jarvis Jones and Taki rolled into one... not the good parts either.      Looking forward to see where we may or may not agree on Phillips. 

edit:  I'm watching Alim Mcneil v UNC right now while I'm waiting on my dinner to finish, should you kids wish to join.

Elerson Smith. Edge Rusher. Probably 4th ? round. Not ready for prime time, really high upside. Don't think he'll be there late in the fifth round. Possible huge steal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/2021-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-elerson-smith-edge-northern-iowa/ar-BB1djQGP

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/4/13/22381517/northern-iowas-elerson-smith-is-a-chiefs-friendly-edge-who-also-has-elite-athleticism-nfl-draft

• Thanks 1

McNeil v UNC

@ :06 - Slight shade from Alim and the Playside End/Tackle.  Still a two gap for AM in a Zone to/ Zone away situation.  First things I noticed that 
        show up routinely are a low base, flat back, head up and good weight distribution.   While his arms aren't long, run to the snap and pause - his FIRST 
        move before anything it to use those arms.  He's not crashing into contact with his body,  He's using his strength and length to control his man while still
        maintaining those great fundamentals I mentioned before.  He controls just enough of the center to walk him back and prevent too much lateral movement on this  weakside zone.  Because the natural crease on these plays are to the inside shoulder of the playside gaurd or the center, Alim does a fine job of fighting to stay square and ripping his inside arm free to attack the ball carrier.   Granted, this was an PRO but if this ball was a give, then I can ask no more of my Nose on this play.  He's won his assignment and is forcing the halfback into a negative depth of cut after driving the center back.    Great first look.

@ 0:20 - Before you run this play, do a box count.  NC State regularly runs 6 man boxes and some type of 2 shell, even on running downs/distances.  They do this because of their skill up front, the bulk of which I credit to Alim.   AM on a heads up 2 gap look, run the snap... see? Arms create contact, LOW base with that initial leg drive.  It's almost like watching someone at the gym do a front face hack-squat.  Either that or this kid never leaves the blocking sleds.  His first hit is always jaunting this center.  Heavy, heavy hands            along with active eyes and feet.   But this is where I talk about fundamental play. AM knows the center is over-extending and putting everything he can into holding his ground. So he shifts his weight,  maintains leverage and literally puts the man down to pursue and force this lateral.       

@ 1:02 - Please, just watch this kids initial contact on the center. He creates that force and it's nasty... always.  The contact re-establishes that interior LOS and almost completely fucks this pull.

@ 1:12 - IZ to, never lets the center cross his face. wins the first step and outside shoulder so immediate that he can stay square and locate the would-be ball carrier.  

@ 1:20 - Slides to with the lateral action. Immediate recognizes no give, uses his hands and active leg drive to rip back acorss the center.  LG got in on the double after no work to his side, AM still pushing them back.  You'll hear the phrase "more active than athletic" thrown around this time of year.  Because it applies to this very type of situation and player.  Alim is a more "active" pass rusher/gap shooter.  He isn't an elite athlete like Aaron Donald is.  His hustle, strength, fundamental play and non-stop motor are what get him results in the middle.    Probably gets the pressure here if the LG doesn't kick over late.

@ 1:29 - I don't have to say it anymore than what you're watching.  His pad level, contact, leg drive, strength and first step are elite for his position.  His hands are into the centers chest before that ball hits the QB's hands on the snap.   Keep in mind he's 2 gapping here, either side of the center he has to own to make this defense work.  This looks some type of pin and pull scheme.  Maybe @Tour2ma can help me out here with that one but it sure looks it?  Either way it matters little because like I said earlier, AM re-establishing and knocking back that interior LOS almost again completely fucks this LG pulling. Actually if this was a give then yeah... that's a bust.

@ 2:32 - Strong side split zone with a sift from the frontside H.  The sift is late and doesn't pick up the backside crash.  Even if it did, I highly doubt this play goes anywhere.  Once again AM is controll his two gaps and the center, this time with this left arm.  Keeping that outside shoulder and arm free to bring down the ball carrier or at worst to turn this back inside to traffic.  

@ 3:05 - RPO, a well designed one too. Because they're reading the frontside curl/flat defender.  That would be #13, 2nd from the top.  IF he steps down, balls going out against the cushion.  He stays flat or gets depth, RB gets the ball.  But pay attention to Alim here.  Center is completely handled and the LG struggles to get through the limited space to the next level.   So much that when these linebackers read pull, they don't hesitate - they go.  

@ 3:13 - Interesting look.  Lock the box, read the weakside edge, then you have another RPO with the QB having the Y on the curl or he can keep it himself since the backside flash block becomes a lead.   Oh, yeah... Alim.  Center got bullied again. So much so that the guards are now looking to help chip before they move to the 2nd level.  Guards can't cleanly move to the backers and the downhill pursuit is having a field day beating the pulls to the line.  

@ 4:14 - This is as close to a "win" as the center got.  I just felt you should see that. 

@ 4:55 - When you drive the center in the manner that Alim does, these guards are having to work their ass off rounding out their steps to pull.  Gives your backers time to recover, better vision on the backfield, and more chances for tacklers to make the play with the extra space.

@ 5:40 - UNC got cute, RG tried to immediately work to the Mack backer without giving his center help.  Instead Alim handled the man so bad he practically made the play himself.  By the way, that's him winning laterally, staying square but driving his man back north south while keeping his eyes in the backfield.   That's gap integrity, disruption and a finish all in one.  I can't ask for my nose to play any better in the redzone.   I either get my center some serious help or pray I can dial up perimeter runs.

@ 7:06 - A rare example of a big man who has quick feet, and tight lower/upper body sync'd control.  Alim worked to set this guard up to his outside shoulder, then spins back inside off contact.  Leg drive was still there and didn't slow down until the back got in on the chip help.   Might look silly to some of you, but that was one of those "Ok, so he can do THIS" kind of moments.  Where you take what you know, blend it with an idea, and project to what he may accomplish in your defense at the NFL level.  I know people have his size that can't even spin like that.  But you notice the quick hands like a boxer trying to get the guard to "watch the birdie".   Another subtle detail.

@ 8:08 - UNC not getting cute anymore.  Center loses and loses back, RG comes into make sure this isn't a disaster on the double team.  Alim still gets into and through the gap.  That center is 2 yards deep.   You're forcing the RB to cut which is exactly what you want.   The only thing that kept this from being a potential safety was the backside pursuit and safety coming down fast and  with such poor body control.  

@ 8:23 - I've reference a few players before on this board who played in similar defensive systems.  Poona Ford, Gregg Gaines, Bravvion Roy...  All were 2 gap noses but not the "traditional" 340-350lb Behemoths. You didn't get much of a chance to see them pressure QB's because that wasn't what they're tasked to do.   This is an example of what happens when McNeil wins a single gap and just pushes upfield.  I'd like to think there's a certain design here to get Alim this look because the backside 4i is just taking up space on the guard and tackle.  IF it wasn't, then it was all AM. 

@ 8:31 - Another good look for the "active vs athletic" side of an interior push.  Against a slide protect too.  The entire front creates this pressure but Alim getting so far upfield forces the throw away.

@ 10:14 - Almost a carbon copy of earlier when Alim walked the center and got the RB.  The only difference is a little window dressing from UNC with the Z on a little jet action.  RG goes for the frontside ILB and Alim forces the RB to head square into nothing or look for a cutback.  (spoiler alert, it was nothing)

@ 10:30 - Active eyes - eyes up.  Works the center with his arms, reads the cutback - sheds and almost makes the tackle. 

I wanted to know just who Alim was abusing in this game (The center) because aside from that one time said center drew neutral, he didn't win a single 1 on 1 look.  Hell, he barely won with chip or double team help.   Brian Anderson, JR.  6-3 300lbs.   Rimmington Watch list and ACC lineman of the week in October.      So in short, Alim didn't just work over some freshman, a backup, a walk-on or what have you.   He smoked a kid who is going to get  legit NFL looks and will be drafted.  

Credit to the coaches at NCState.  Because while the backup nose wasn't as effective, it had nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with talent.   The backup was equally fundamental in his play (base, pad level, arms and leverage) Alim just has that functional strength that translates so damn well to the IDL it isn't even funny.   And for 6'2 320lbs? He moves VERY well with short area quickness for a kid that size.   He would be likely getting 1st round hype at a bigger
program and in a defense that would have given him more 1 gap responsibilities.  A few more chances to rush the passer would have looked outstanding on his resume'.  So like I said, there is a certain "projection" here when you talk about where you  see him in a Joe Woods defense.   But what you wanted to see with consistency is what you'll find in this cutup.    Notice that word I Love? Consistency.   Doing it here or there is one thing - doing it play after play is another matter entirely.

I think he fits in whatever alignment Joe prefers.  I Know, going off the 2017 and 2018 tape I watched, that Woods would like to get back to some of those 3 man "under" and blended gap fronts along with more single high looks. Cover 1, cover 3 and such.   The return of Andrew Billings really helps the Browns in terms of making those looks a reality this defense could effectively deploy. But Andrew is coming off of not playing football for a whole year and what side-effects that may entail.    And outside  of Billings we lack a true nose who can log quality snaps.   Keep in mind the Browns kept 7 linebackers on the active roster last season.   ....  SEVEN.   I wouldn't at all put it past this coaching staff to draft 2 IDL's this season and only run with 6 linebackers.  3 as "starters" 4th rotational and 2 more for special teams.    

I just think that regardless of the front, McNeil can be a very effective value player for Cleveland. Some of us are worried about how long Billings will be on this team for and the long-term outlook for the Dline. As of next year we'd be set to lose Clowney, Billings, Jackson & Takk.  That's no short order.  Having some long(er) term stability to pair with Myles on the cheap would be an absolutely sound investment.   My early eye LOVES the potential combination of my own personal team building philosophy along with this talent on tape.

Any IDL you're drafting this year is going to come in and asked to play rotational minutes.  Mostly late game, early downs and redzone/goaline work.  Yes, that includes @TexasAg1969 beloved Barmore.    VALUE.   If I can get 90+ % of Barmore's production in the first 2 years spending a 45th pick as opposed to a 26th overall pick then I'm going to do it each and everytime.    It isn't sexy, it isn't flashy.  In all honesty it's boring as fuck to watch unless you're truly into seeing how the trenches play out (obviously, I am)   What McNeil does, he does VERY well.     I'm excited to watch more.  

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1