THE BROWNS BOARD

**** Official Browns at Jets Gameday Thread

Zombo

I don't get the Cody Parkey thing. He has a history of missing kicks going back to his first stint with the Browns. So the Browns do Browns things and bring him back.  Now he is missing clutch kicks for us again.  Guess they haven't had enough the first time around, or watching him double doink in Chicago.

The Browns are in with a win or Indy loss next week. 
Stoolers might rest players. Not sure if the 2 or 3 seed really matters with only 1 bye 

• Thanks 1

Some of what is being said in this thread is EXACTLY what I was posting about not long ago. Guys show up only to be negative, and call themselves fans.

So for you guys (you know who you are), lets actually give you a chance to appear to have some knowledge and not just a troll.

Tell us how easy it is to replace the WRs, the OL and still be the same team? 

But let's go a step further, since you guys don't want to acknowledge that those guys were missing (and even said an idiotic comment like the Giants are better than the Jets to try and bolster your opinion).

How do you think these teams would do with these guys and NO PRACTICE.

Chiefs: Pringle, Deiter, Keizer, Seals Jones

Bills: Roberts, Williams, Smith, Kraft

Packers: Austin, Taylor, Dafney, Begelton

Saints: Callaway, Carr, Fowler, Wolf

Seahawks: Hart, Fuller, Thompson, Ursua

Bucs: Mickens, Watson, Pearson, McElroy 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Hunt needs to play more period.  He may not have Chubbs vision but he makes more out of runs than just about anyone in the league.

I thought he was very underused in the first half Chubb didn't catch fire either.

Chubb 8 carries 7 yards,.  Hunt 1 carry -2 yards yes that is poor for a team getting about 154 yards a game all season.  And only 3 points.

Might have lost the game right there.

GO BROWNS, 10-5 and have to do it the hard way........baby !

5 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Some of what is being said in this thread is EXACTLY what I was posting about not long ago. Guys show up only to be negative, and call themselves fans.

So for you guys (you know who you are), lets actually give you a chance to appear to have some knowledge and not just a troll.

Tell us how easy it is to replace the WRs, the OL and still be the same team? 

But let's go a step further, since you guys don't want to acknowledge that those guys were missing (and even said an idiotic comment like the Giants are better than the Jets to try and bolster your opinion).

How do you think these teams would do with these guys and NO PRACTICE.

Chiefs: Pringle, Deiter, Keizer, Seals Jones

Bills: Roberts, Williams, Smith, Kraft

Packers: Austin, Taylor, Dafney, Begelton

Saints: Callaway, Carr, Fowler, Wolf

Seahawks: Hart, Fuller, Thompson, Ursua

Bucs: Mickens, Watson, Pearson, McElroy 

👆

5 minutes ago, nickers said:

Our TE's were awful today...

They were part of the winning formula along with the 1-2 running punch RBs........fell short today.

• Upvote 1

Just now, mjp28 said:

They were part of the winning formula along with the 1-2 running punch RBs........fell short today.

Knowing the Browns couldn't throw it downfield showed by how well the Jets stopped the run today. It seems they keyed in on the run all day and sat in zone coverage anticipating short quick throws. I was expecting more plays to take advantage of their aggressiveness towards the run.

1 minute ago, Neo said:

Knowing the Browns couldn't throw it downfield showed by how well the Jets stopped the run today. It seems they keyed in on the run all day and sat in zone coverage anticipating short quick throws. I was expecting more plays to take advantage of their aggressiveness towards the run.

That's hard to do when you don't have a fast slot receiver to hit over the middle...

16 minutes ago, nickers said:

Our TE's were awful today...

I was going to vent how much I hate that Mackie Award Winner we've got....he's just friggin' standing there....pitch and catch....and he friggin' drops it!?!?!    But I've decided not to vent on Bryant...Mr. fumbling, bumbling, Mackie winner.

I was hoping for a good performance from the defense to help salvage a win out of this weekend....but they didn't step up either.  Blown assignments resulting in two easy TD's.  I understand that we have backups playing everywhere on D.  But most of 'em have been playing there almost all year.

So, disappointing.

Somehow, history tells us that on the final week of a season, against the Steelers, they could trot out their practice squad and beat us. 

Just now, Orion said:

I was going to vent how much I hate that Mackie Award Winner we've got....he's just friggin' standing there....pitch and catch....and he friggin' drops it!?!?!    But I've decided not to vent on Bryant...Mr. fumbling, bumbling, Mackie winner.

I was hoping for a good performance from the defense to help salvage a win out of this weekend....but they didn't step up either.  Blown assignments resulting in two easy TD's.  I understand that we have backups playing everywhere on D.  But most of 'em have been playing there almost all year.

So, disappointing.

Somehow, history tells us that on the final week of a season, against the Steelers, they could trot out their practice squad and beat us. 

I;'m more mad that Stefanski didnt go up tempo from the start...

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I put this on Baker.  

losing to a 1- 13 football team should not fall all on Baker... this was a all in 💩'fest

My eyeballs were bleeding watching the game of Kendall Lamm attempting to pass block at LT👀.. seemed a tad To late?.... but I think I saw? Bill Calahan finally, flipping Conklin over to play LT & swung Lamm to right tackle late in the 4th quarter?  I'll have to double check the tape.. But Harris & Lamm had a rough game also.. 

If i had to bronze 3 golden turds for 3 stars of this game? Ja'Marcus Bradley.. Hooper...Richardson.... would start before a re-watch (if i can bare re-watching🙃 of what we watched)

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, nickers said:

That's hard to do when you don't have a fast slot receiver to hit over the middle...

When you have a defense with their eyes in the backfield all day you have to challenge their "eyes". With lots of misdirection and pre-snap motion that they could have done by having Hunt and Chubb on the field at the same time. Screen passes were working.

33 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Still waiting for the fans who want us to run the ball 70 times a game to chime in. If you can’t pass, even a shit team can stop the run.

53-18.  Not exactly "leaning" on your strengths.    And it isn't so much about the volume of running calls at it would be their design.   

Again, our unwillingness to run our outside zone (which appeared to actually gain net yards) is confusing to me.

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

When you have a defense with their eyes in the backfield all day you have to challenge their "eyes". With lots of misdirection and pre-snap motion that they could have done by having Hunt and Chubb on the field at the same time. Screen passes were working.

Didn't have the Oline to run misdirection and when the Browns tried, it was snuffed out.    The jet motion may have helped confused some pre-snap run fits, but we didn't really explore that playcalling style today.   

The screens were hit and miss.  You can't work the screen game when facing 7 and 8 man boxes.  Just too many bodies at the line.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

we are if we beat pit....i don't know if there are any other combos.....indy plays jax....so forget about about that one...right now we dropped from the 5 slot to 7....so it looks like if we lose to pit all the other teams will remain the same if they also lose..balt plays cincy....balt wins easily....indy smashes the jags....miami will probably lose to buf....it appears if we lose we are out....and the bad news is pit looks like they got their mojo back.....if pit has something to play for, we lose...kc has home field throughout and there is only 1 bye team...my guess is they will be playing for a home game......with piped in noise....thats funny...

if the titans lose tonight t green bay and lose next week to the texans we are in win or lose next week

As far as us not running enough....the whole freakin' world knew we had no WR's.  The Jets were gonna take away our run and dare us to beat us through the air....which, no surprise, we couldn't....because we had no WR's.  

• Thanks 2

Why do I have it in the back of my mind that the league really fucked us over.

They gave the Ratfucking Baltimore team numerous extensions to recover from their  Covid woes....but not one single fucking day for us?

I never did hear if any of our WRs actually tested positive.....did anyone else hear?    They gave the Ratfucks and other teams a couple of days to test their players and to clear them from the protocol.

Is it just because this is now the end of the season?   I don't fucking buy that.  We could have potentially had those guys cleared up tomorrow and had the game tomorrow or Tuesday. 

When you are missing your entire WR corps.....and 2 out of 5 OL.....it is hard to put together an offense.   Nevertheless....it seems a bad job was done  with the game plan.  We should have had 20 passes go to our TEs...they are pretty good,  and 10-12 to our RBs. 

Of course....our defense came back to remind us how shitty they are....compounded by injuries. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, nickers said:

was hunt ever moved over to slot ? i do not seem to remember  also i only remember 4 screen plays which all worked I believe if something is working why go away from it

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

They gave the Ratfucking Baltimore team numerous extensions to recover from their  Covid woes....but not one single fucking day for us?

I never did hear if any of our WRs actually tested positive.....did anyone else hear?    They gave the Ratfucks and other teams a couple of days to test their players and to clear them from the protocol.

Is it just because this is now the end of the season?   I don't fucking buy that.  We could have potentially had those guys cleared up tomorrow and had the game tomorrow or Tuesday. 

When you are missing your entire WR corps.....and 2 out of 5 OL.....it is hard to put together an offense.   Nevertheless....it seems a bad job was done  with the game plan.  We should have had 20 passes go to our TEs...they are pretty good,  and 10-12 to our RBs. 

Of course....our defense came back to remind us how shitty they are....compounded by injuries. 

None of our receivers tested positive. They were receiving treatment for injuries at the same time as bj Goodson who tested positive which led to the close contact for greater than 15 minutes.  If they continue to test negative they will be cleared to return by Wednesday. I do believe its because next week all games are played on Sunday and for it to benefit us the game had to be postponed until Wednesday. Then only having 3 days for the jets and browns to prepare for the final game isn't possible according to the league.  At least that's what I'm assuming since they didn't postpone it.

We definitely targeted our tight ends at least 20 times today. Hell hooper may have had 16 throws his way by himself. I believe we also targeted our running backs 10 times.  5 catches by chubb 3 by hunt a drop by hunt and an overthrow by baker when targeting hunt.

13 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

"The Fumble" 2.0. *sigh*

I've said it before.  I don't like Baker QB sneaking.  He's not big and strong.  And he fumbles the ball when he's hit.  He's fumbled two QB sneaks this season.

18 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

They did, and it's nothing new. 

The Browns nearly overcame it despite a really bad start, and probably bad game plan. They did what they thought they had to do given the circumstances- a team walk through in a parking garage after a 4 hour flight delay.

It was 20-3 and they scrapped back. Frustrating for sure, but this team won't quit. 

Get healthy and Covid cleared for next Sunday. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The league just fucked you guys over? The niners got fucked, the steelers. The Steelers lost their bye week, played three games in 12 days too. The Broncos also got fucked when they were forced to start a wr at qb. The league fucks over everyone. 

20 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

The league just fucked you guys over? The niners got fucked, the steelers. The Steelers lost their bye week, played three games in 12 days too. The Broncos also got fucked when they were forced to start a wr at qb. The league fucks over everyone. 

Maybe this year....but trust me....the Steelers have constantly been the beneficiaries of so many favors by the league it isn't funny.  But OK, they DID bend over backwards for the Ratfuckers with their situation. 

By the way, it was not the league that fucked the Niners.....it was Santa Clara county that said...NO games in their stadium.  The league just had to make good with that situation by putting them in Arizona. 

But it seems in the Browns situation that it didn't even make sense:  the guy that tested positive was a LB, not a WR.....none of the WRs tested positive, so why did they have to sit?  And as far as I know.....unlike the Broncos  QB situation....none of the Browns WRs broke protocols.    Someone correct me if I am wrong there. 

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Maybe this year....but trust me....the Steelers have constantly been the beneficiaries of so many favors by the league it isn't funny.  But OK, they DID bend over backwards for the Ratfuckers with their situation. 

By the way, it was not the league that fucked the Niners.....it was Santa Clara county that said...NO games in their stadium.  The league just had to make good with that situation by putting them in Arizona. 

But it seems in the Browns situation that it didn't even make sense:  the guy that tested positive was a LB, not a WR.....none of the WRs tested positive, so why did they have to sit?  And as far as I know.....unlike the Broncos  QB situation....none of the Browns WRs broke protocols.    Someone correct me if I am wrong there. 

Well when the Chiefs or Packers lose their WRs for being too close to their LB that tests positive  the day before a playoff game...this better be the precedent.

Thats all.  

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Passes to our TE's was made... 10-22 attempts... They stunk today..

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1