THE BROWNS BOARD

***WILDCARD: Browns AT Steelers Gameday Thread***

Nero

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Juju winked when he said that but the media ran with it. He certainly didn't struggle yesterday. Enjoy your win today but the steelers aren't going anywhere and juju wasn't being serious. 

17 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Booth review under 2 mins????

Yup...

Tavern talk was about doing what McDermott did in BUF earlier Sunday... calling a TO to give booth more time to review the play.

I don't think some of you realize just how much yesterday was about certain things coming to fruition and not the Browns being "superior"

Pouncey hasn't been "good" for a while and villanueva has always been overrated. The teams decision to start feiler over dotson was also ill-advised as dotson is better.  Shit happens, the Browns played well but this wasn't a "oh my God, we got owned" as much as it was the end of the line for some in the black and gold. Go back to that first snap. Again not trying to rain on parades. Enjoy your win.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I went downstairs and packed a bowl full of some of the Devils lettuce and plowed through it on the back porch. 

Hope you've got enough to get you thru a lo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ng off-season, my friend.

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Hope you've got enough to get you thru a lo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ng off-season, my friend.

I have the penguins. I don't get too down about the steelers because of how the organization is run. My offseason will be just fine.  Try not to get your ass pegged by the chiefs. 😘

24 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I don't think some of you realize just how much yesterday was about certain things coming to fruition and not the Browns being "superior"

Pouncey hasn't been "good" for a while and villanueva has always been overrated. The teams decision to start feiler over dotson was also ill-advised as dotson is better.  Shit happens, the Browns played well but this wasn't a "oh my God, we got owned" as much as it was the end of the line for some in the black and gold. Go back to that first snap. Again not trying to rain on parades. Enjoy your win.

As was commented in the post game I watched (I think it was Jeff Saturday on ESPN's Rewind) your OL does now look old, but that was not the case for 10 games, so what happened?

Also interested in your take on Ben.

Mine is that his tear was the crush of disappointment, but not simply for the loss itself, but that it ended his run to a SB-bookend to his career. I think that he wanted (and even expected) to go out the way he came in... on top with a ring.

Last nite he realized that to fulfill that dream he has to come back for another "one more year", but that he's to longer sure he's on a team that can build him that bookend.

There's no doubt in my mind he can still play at a high level... not close to his peak, but still plenty high enough... but I've plenty of doubt about whether he played this season for the right reasons or will do so in the future.

There's real sadness.. and more than a little age... in that left eye.

29fd2d6f-bd0a-4eb2-a338-99a90b1fb2c6.png.79d49673faf6ba668cf083e314f2523d.png

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

As was commented in the post game I watched (I think it was Jeff Saturday on ESPN's Rewind) your OL does now look old, but that was not the case for 10 games, so what happened?

Mine is that his tear was the crush of disappointment, but not simply for the loss itself, but that it ended his run to a SB-bookend to his career. I think that he wanted (and even expected) to go out the way he came in... on top with a ring.

Last nite he realized that to fulfill that dream he has to come back for another "one more year", but that he's to longer sure he's on a team that can build him that bookend.

There's no doubt in my mind he can still play at a high level... not close to his peak, but still plenty high enough... but I've plenty of doubt about whether he played this season for the right reasons or will do so in the future.

The steelers have a really bad loyalty problem. Feiler should have never started over dotson who has been a fucking monster all season when he plays. He's going to be terrific. Pouncey and villanueva need to go so once they are gone and replaced with likely a first round rookie and bumping Feiler out the line should be just fine. I like chuks even tho he hasn't been as good as dotson and decastro is smart and will be fine too despite imo not being healthy when he returned the last stretch. We also get banner back. 

I'm also not worried about Ben unless randy sticks around. Randy is a fucking anchor and a terrible coordinator. I expect Ben for one more but I hope it's with a different oc, I just doubt it will be. He still makes ridiculous throws, the arm is still there but he was definitely sailing stuff AND we had a major drops problem that can't fall on Ben. 

15 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Other than the obvious I think he's emotional because I believe pouncey is retiring and for me despite his high level play for a long time, good fucking riddance. He's a giant trumpanzee and he's been downright bad for a while. He made pro bowls lately on popularity and our giant fan base. 

Villanueva also thinks he's bigger than the team with his anthem antics and he's been bad too. I won't miss either. Ben will miss pouncey tho and I think that's why he's crying other than losing and Approaching the end of the road. We will see how badly he wants to win with how he approaches this season and seasons moving forward if that's even on the table. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

The great ones overcome adversity & practice "Next man up". This Browns' Team THRIVES on adversity & is so tight knit! I agree with Cal, "Coaching STAFF  of the Year".

I love watching my Family, friends & those of you young Fans experience this new culture & the joy it brings to Cleveland & Browns' Fans everywhere!

Mike

Exactly Mike- These 20 somethings and 30 somethings (and younger) have never known what it was like back in the 60s for us. WE were the equivalent of the Steelers back then. They missed the joy of beating the snot out of the Steelers and Cowboys every year by 30.  

I've always said my biggest football regret was not spending some of my paper route money back in 1964, buying a ticket to the Championship game and hopping on the bus downtown. :( Aw, we'll be back in a year or two. Not going on 60.    

Tampa is a pipe dream now, but if we ever get to the Promised Land- already told the wife I'm heading to my pals son's house in Clearwater, and hanging out in the parking lot for the game... 

25 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Of course it is about certain things coming to fruition. 11 players take the field, and make plays to score or prevent the other team of scoring. The team that scores more points wins. 

Yesterday it was the Browns. 

Would they have done the same if your OLine was 5 years younger, and you had Bush and Dupree back?

And what if we had our OL coach, HC, Pro Bowl guard, Delpitt as safety and  Greedy and Ward starting? 

And what if Ben hadn't injured his elbow, Chuck Noll was HC and the Steel Curtain was playing on defense and we had Mayfield, Chubb and Hunt in the COVID list? 

The Browns won. Period. 28-0 in the first quarter, yes. 48-37 final. 

The faster you come to terms with that reality the better you'll do. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GBfan2011 said:

Loved that clown Juju Shuster eating his words!

Me too! He certainly lived up to that old adage, "Open mouth, insert foot", didn't he?

Maybe, someday, he'll learn  to NOT load his opponent's gun for him!  :rolleyes:

Mike

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Juju winked when he said that but the media ran with it. He certainly didn't struggle yesterday. Enjoy your win today but the steelers aren't going anywhere and juju wasn't being serious. 

Actually the Steelers ARE going somewhere....and it took about this long to send them there:

Theres No Place Like Home GIFs | Tenor

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

he was definitely sailing stuff

I'm sure you know that's a product of throwing off back foot...

... which is a product of pressure, real or imagined,...

... which is due to a lack of trust in a QBs protection...

... which brings us back to the OL.

Once upon a time Ben had an arm strong enough to make those back-foot throws and now it's just not. Not a knock... just age. Arm is still plenty strong enough that with the proper mechanics he can spin it.

I don't think that you realize just how much yesterday was about certain things coming to fruition;

The Browns now have as much or more talent across the board (except probably at LB).   The Browns have the large edge in the mano a mano matchups along the O and D lines. 

A.  At this point....it may actually be fair to say that the Browns have the better QB.

B. There is no doubt they have the better RBs.

C. There seems little doubt they now have the better OL

D. The Browns have better TEs

E. They are about equal when it comes to a WR corps.

F. Their DL cannot match up vs. Our OL.  Their OL can't really matchup against our DL.

G. Both Defensive backfields...IMO are not very good....so I call that even.

H.  The Browns may now even have as good or better of a coach and coaching staff. (and that certainly could never have been said heretofore)

I have the penguins. I don't get too down about the steelers because of how the organization is run. My offseason will be just fine.  Try not to get your ass pegged by the chiefs. 😘

We will probably fare better than the Steelers could have.   We have a more balanced attack.  We can run, which may help.  And OK,  Chiefs passing game could run us ragged....but no more so than they could have done vs. the Squibs. 

Arghhhh! My eyes!

I saw another Gipper-thinks-he-can-compare-talent post!

I thought those were banned years ago!

Where a 404 Portal Time Out when I need one?

Really need to fix that simul-post bypass around the Ignore function....

44 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Arghhhh! My eyes!

I saw another Gipper-thinks-he-can-compare-talent post!

I thought those were banned years ago!

Where a 404 Portal Time Out when I need one?

Really need to fix that simul-post bypass around the Ignore function....

.  Your talent comparison abilities are no better, if not worse than mine.

The only thing you do do is to take more time to search and study  talent.  But that sort of thing  bores the life out of me.  

So, while you "know more" about more  obscure college players, that means little. 

Its like saying to you:   I am smarter than you because I know more about the  423 Official  National Park Units than you do.  Which I certainly do because I make a point of studying about them...and going to them.   But maybe that sort of thing bores you.  On the other hand, you may know some stuff on some of the big name parks.  Grand Canyon, Yellowstone.  

Furthermore....   guarantee you that when it comes to the comparison of the Steelers that I listed above....Everyone here...including you  agrees with me.  You are just too much of an  invertebrate to admit it. 

5 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Two days ago, the Steelers were Super Bowl contenders.

Today they’re trash. 

😆

1 hour ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

Two days ago, the Steelers were Super Bowl contenders.

Today they’re trash. 

😆

Please find where I said they were super bowl contenders without specific parameters. Further more I at no point said they were trash because they aren't. I still wouldn't trade your roster for ours and I expect them to be in the thick of it again next season. If not we can enjoy the higher draft picks you fucks have had for decades courtesy of your consistent pant shitting. I'm hanging around and taking my knocks, you'd think you'd acknowledge that some. If not I'm happy to be an asshole and troll the fuck out of you and anyone else that wants it but I'll back it up with facts, film etc. Good luck not getting pegged by the chiefs. 

Some of you just can't help yourselves. Act like you've won before......oh...