THE BROWNS BOARD

***WILDCARD: Browns AT Steelers Gameday Thread***

Nero

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

We couldn't guard either of your your fat mouth #1 and #2 wrs because they were up against our third string and practice squad cornerbacks. Pitch and catch. Regarding next year- our #2 CB Greedy Williams and #1 safety Grant Delpit haven't played all year because of injuries. You got curb stomped by a team without 1\2 its coaching staff, #1 Cb, two of our all-pro OL, and eventually playing a guy at left guard who had to introduce himself to the team in the locker room before the game. 

Yeah the Browns beat us- and I hope you lose to the Chiefs.... (Well, I hope the Ratbirds lose to the Bills) BTW- as usual, you're severely overrating the Steeler's talent. The only place Pittsburgh is ahead of us now is at linebacker. And a lot of your "talent" is significantly older. I'll wait to see what the Steelers and Ben are going to do about his $40 million cap hit next year.... You have a bunch of free agents coming up that are wanting to get paid, and you're in cap hell.  

I like you lar-bear so I'm not going to respond to this like I want to out of respect for you. 

Ben doesn't have a 40 million dollar hit. It's roughly half that. A curb stomping would be winning by 30 you didn't do that and the steelers spotted you 28 in the first fucking quarter. You need to slow that roll and enjoy your win. 

27 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Agreed!

And you couldn't stop Chubb or Hunt or do anything remotely tangible with your run game.  Pitt's OL and DL were both dominated by Cleveland.

PIT has invested exactly 4 picks [in the first 3 rounds] since 2014 in DL and none in OL. Tuitt [2014/2] Dupree [2015/1] Hargreave [2016/3] Watt [2017/1].  WR has been Steelers round2 pick each of the last 4 years.

And no, our scheme was completely different and I don't even know why. It wasn't your offensive line that stifled a defensive front seven that literally no one has slowed all year. It was our coaching and it was a shit show. As far as the run game is concerned you give a team 28 points in the first quarter. How exactly are you supposed to run the ball? Even with the downward trend through the season. Do you watch or understand fucking football?

8 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Either way I'm taking my Browns board break now. I may come back to run my mouth after the chiefs game assuming it goes how I think it will because some of you fucking deserve it. 

Finally, you already said that 24h ago. 

And don't rush back here to critique our team if we lose, we are pretty capable of doing it and giving the rival the credit when it's due. 

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

Finally, you already said that 24h ago. 

And don't rush back here to critique our team if we lose, we are pretty capable of doing it and giving the rival the credit when it's due. 

After all the ridiculous shit quoted at me post Sunday? I'm going to be back if you get smacked so zombo better hand down the ban hammer if he doesn't want to see it. I hung around like I said I would for my knocks and still people are being ridiculous. It's clear you all are very used to losing and the same cocky shit steeler fans get slammed for here is on full display. I guess we aren't so different after all. 

41 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

PIT has invested exactly 4 picks [in the first 3 rounds] since 2014 in DL and none in OL. Tuitt [2014/2] Dupree [2015/1] Hargreave [2016/3] Watt [2017/1].  WR has been Steelers round2 pick each of the last 4 years.

Man!!!! Don't be helping them! :angry:

Pay no attention, Vag... Unsym knows very little football , is mentally unbalanced and rarely showers. 🛀

You just keep drafting WRs... and LBs... and everything will be fine in a year or two... three at the outside... 🧚‍♀️

Do you guys think Vag bought that? I think he bought that... Sorry if I was a little rough, Unsym... but, for FFS, man... you were giving away the farm... :ph34r: Thank God for this secret, Browns Fans only font...

12 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

After all the ridiculous shit quoted at me post Sunday? I'm going to be back if you get smacked so zombo better hand down the ban hammer if he doesn't want to see it. I hung around like I said I would for my knocks and still people are being ridiculous. It's clear you all are very used to losing and the same cocky shit steeler fans get slammed for here is on full display. I guess we aren't so different after all. 

One week you're saying that the Browns won against a backup team and the next one, being the Browns the one with more adversities, it was only the Steelers losing. 

If every time the Browns win the Steelers there is going to be some kind of excuse instead of some credit, then I'm sorry but I'm not that interested in your opinion. 

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I'm not reading any of this, if the board wasnt in a light state of functional turmoil I think I would have blocked you already. You don't provide me anything but consistent annoyance. I'm gonna jump on my laptop when I get home and toss you on the tired of your senseless shit list. I should have done it a long time ago. 

Where are you coming off with this shit that I care at all what you have to say.   I do respond to your delusional beliefs....for my own entertainment.  That's all there is to it. 

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

They played a horrid game and deserved to lose. 

The Browns are a better team...that is why they lost. 

Juju nor chase need policed and you couldn't guard either.

Well....our third string DBs have problems under any circumstances....but it is also fair to say that the Browns began playing a very soft defense after getting up by  28=0

As I said before enjoy your win.

We will.  We don't need your approval to do so. 

All of you still focused on the steelers is hilarious.

We always focus on the most recent game on this board...be it a win or a loss.  If you were paying attention, you would know that.  It is usually about Wednesday that we turn our attention to the next game.....and we do have a next game...in Kansas City....on Sunday.....and You don't. 

I wouldn't trade your roster for ours ten times out of ten.

You keep repeating that like you don't really believe it. NO ONE  here had ever made that proposal even as a hypothetical.  What is it about..."yes, we wouldn't trade your roster for ours" that you do not understand? 

I can't recall a time I came here post a win outside of my hostile college years were I've gloated.

I can't recall a time that we ever paid attention to whether you did or did not. 

I guess I should start because it's clear you boys don't know how to react when you win some games for a change.

Actually, I suspect that I have been alive for more Browns Championships than you have for Steelers  titles.  You come off as young and dumb so I suspect you were not born before 1980

You are about to get pegged by the chiefs. I will be here for it. 

And, again, no one will pay attention to you.....except me. I may be your only life line for discussion on here.   Browns may lose to the Chiefs...after all, the Chiefs are the odds on favorite to win the Super Bowl...and I don't honestly disagree with that assessment.  All I know is that WE are the ones playing, not yinz. 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

We couldn't guard either of your your fat mouth #1 and #2 wrs because they were up against our third string and practice squad cornerbacks. Pitch and catch. Regarding next year- our #2 CB Greedy Williams and #1 safety Grant Delpit haven't played all year because of injuries. You got curb stomped by a team without 1\2 its coaching staff, #1 Cb, two of our all-pro OL, and eventually playing a guy at left guard who had to introduce himself to the team in the locker room before the game. 

Yeah the Browns beat us- and I hope you lose to the Chiefs.... (Well, I hope the Ratbirds lose to the Bills) BTW- as usual, you're severely overrating the Steeler's talent. The only place Pittsburgh is ahead of us now is at linebacker. And a lot of your "talent" is significantly older. I'll wait to see what the Steelers and Ben are going to do about his $40 million cap hit next year.... You have a bunch of free agents coming up that are wanting to get paid, and you're in cap hell.  

But, but, but....he wouldn't trade his entire roster for ours.    I on the other hand did say that I would trade his LBs for ours. 

I've explained why I'm here and have been here for a long time. I went to college in ohio, I joined the board because I wanted info/ammo to debate with my college friends and I stuck around. I don't need to be here. I don't really talk shit. Where exactly is your problem? 

I have already said....I don't mind you being here.  You provide entertainment.  I am really a very kind soul.  I hate when animals are harmed.  And I really do not tear the wings off of flies. (but I would kill a spider if it is in my house....sorry..I can only go so far)

So,  making you my  soft, sweet little bitch is really the closest I come to masochism. 

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

And no, our scheme was completely different and I don't even know why.

We know why....because yes, it was our offensive line that  manhandled your DL. 

It wasn't your offensive line that stifled a defensive front seven that literally no one has slowed all year.

No one ELSE  that is.   Hell, our OL should have been wearing this sort of uniform:

Daddy An Li 🤸‍♀️ on Twitter: "Even the busiest Mistress has to walk her  dogs! #femdom #femaleledrelationship PC: @amikoland… "

It was our coaching and it was a shit show. As far as the run game is concerned you give a team 28 points in the first quarter. How exactly are you supposed to run the ball? Even with the downward trend through the season. Do you watch or understand fucking football?

Although, your run game did gain about as many yards as they do in most games where they are not down  28-0.  Your OC has been coaching as if that was the situation all year long.  Of course, I don't blame him.....you got no runners. 

Shall I start focusing on you? 

What are you going to focus on me? Are you going to make up for your lack of humor and wit with your lack of content?

We are all dumber for interacting with you.  Troll away, baby boy.  Or just delete your account - nobody will miss you.

2 hours ago, Nero said:

One week you're saying that the Browns won against a backup team and the next one, being the Browns the one with more adversities, it was only the Steelers losing. 

If every time the Browns win the Steelers there is going to be some kind of excuse instead of some credit, then I'm sorry but I'm not that interested in your opinion. 

I have given credit plenty of times. I just think those that believe the demise of the steelers is here is comical.  I guess we are going to find out.  I'm not happy with the steelers and it has absolutely zero to do with losing to the browns. 

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Oh thanks... punish us all because of a few... ;)

But what if we win?

A few? I know there are a lot of people that just read but it's more than a few my dude.  I hope you do win, truly but I will be surprised if you do all of which isn't to say the Steelers would fair any better.  We have a major coordinator problem (Fichtner and Butler) neither of which were selected by tomlin but instead inherited because it's how the rooney's do things from a loyalty stand point.  It's nice to a point but becomes problematic especially when the results are the same for an extended period of time.  The Steelers need to retool a little bit and they will but we may have a couple rough seasons and I'm ready for it. I am however tired of the absolutely brainless and unfounded opinions and when I fire back the hive comes alive.  Need evidence go look at each time Gipper responds to me and who is liking his posts like a little house elf.  I blocked gipper by the way and it feels great. 

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

What are you going to focus on me? Are you going to make up for your lack of humor and wit with your lack of content?

We are all dumber for interacting with you.  Troll away, baby boy.  Or just delete your account - nobody will miss you.

Bro, i barely remember anything you post and I've been here a long ass time.  I talk with several people privately here and like to think I'm friendly enough to go out for beers.  I plan to do just that when the opportunity arises. I was hoping it would be this years draft but I don't see that happening with our countries unwillingness to deal with this virus appropriately. Get over yourself.  I'm not here to flex or troll, if i did those things don't you think i'd have been banned already? Hell the only time I've been banned is for losing a bet.  I really am going to take a break from here as I always do and you all will be stuck with gippers rants and history quizzes no one gives a single shit about.  How you all let that ego get so big is beyond me.

22 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

We have a major coordinator problem (Fichtner and Butler)

Coord's are something you've complained about for a while now, e.g., Todd Haley.

Who do you think were your last good ones? And if you ruled the world who that you can legally poach, or hire off the street, would you go after?

I'll only mention that after your second half vs. Indy, that if the rumors were true, then I think Ben has a future as an OC if and when he wants it.

And, yes, a few... just feels like more when one is the object of their "affection." ;)

32 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Coord's are something you've complained about for a while now, e.g., Todd Haley.

Who do you think were your last good ones? And if you ruled the world who that you can legally poach, or hire off the street, would you go after?

I'll only mention that after your second half vs. Indy, that if the rumors were true, then I think Ben has a future as an OC if and when he wants it.

And, yes, a few... just feels like more when one is the object of their "affection." ;)

I don't believe the Steelers have ever had a rockstar offensive coordinator.  I love the Rooney family but i sometimes think their loyalty gets in the way of progress.  I frankly would be fine with Matt Canada getting the job if it has to be in house.  I go back and forth on it but Steve Sarkisian would be pretty legit as a OC even with the skeletons.  DC is far more difficult, leslie frazier as a realistic option but he's not going to move laterally. The guy in NE who runs the show would be the be all end all DC but i'd want to vomit every. single. day and it will obviously never happen.

As of now I just want Randy gone, his offense is predictable and for me he's gutless. A good example from Sunday, derek watt didn't have a single carry all season.  I'm still trying to figure out that signing as we just didn't use the guy.  Sunday we use him on a dive with motions and he picks up the first.  Awesome.  Randy then trots him out again via the same play, the same formation and the same motions and it gets blown up.  I wonder why? Randy fucking strikes again. Sunday there are also rumors that tomlin called the defense instead of butler and if thats true there needs to be answers there too as it was a horrendous gameplan. 

The leading sack team in the league can't get to the QB on a depleted offensive line?  It was downright shameful and despite how some of you are feeling about my comments over the last two days it really was a lot of the Steelers just shitting down their own legs.  All of which isn't me trying to take credit from the Browns. Baker was getting rid of the ball in a hurry and doing it accurately. The Steelers also still have linebackers occasionally covering receivers and while some of our guys do a fine job of it, it's not something that should ever really happen. It was a incredibly frustrating game for me but a lot of that frustration comes from internal bs and not the game itself. Teams obviously keyed on ben getting rid of it quickly, knocking down passes at the line etc. (Tipped balls also happened a ton this year which you can definitely credit defenses with but a lot of that also stems from unimaginative play calls) 

The Steelers need to clean house in certain facets and I hope we are down at least one OC and I wouldn't be upset to see Butler gone as well.  Tomlin should have some heat too but I definitely don't want to see him gone.  You can't go ten years with 3 playoff wins with the roster we have and a franchise qb.  The fact of the matter is the Steelers have underachieved for a long time and a long hard look needs to happen. Tomlin didn't pick butler, he was inherited and Fichtner is buddy, buddy with Ben and that's also a problem. If he and ben are a package deal I'd honestly rather see them both go and that hurts to say. 

• Thanks 1

I have given credit plenty of times. I just think those that believe the demise of the steelers is here is comical.  I guess we are going to find out.  I'm not happy with the steelers and it has absolutely zero to do with losing to the browns. 

Of course it does.     If the Steelers had not lost two games in a row to the Browns you would not be unhappy with them. 

And I don't know if it is the demise of the Steelers....but it may be the demise of  BR, Pouncey, Villanueva,  Joe Haden, Jujubee may be gone in FA,  maybe Dupree, maybe Connor and several other  current Steelers.  Along with being  14 million over the cap...which means  some of them gotta go if you want to try to replenish some talent. 

A few? I know there are a lot of people that just read but it's more than a few my dude.  I hope you do win, truly but I will be surprised if you do all of which isn't to say the Steelers would fair any better.  We have a major coordinator problem (Fichtner and Butler) neither of which were selected by tomlin but instead inherited because it's how the rooney's do things from a loyalty stand point.  It's nice to a point but becomes problematic especially when the results are the same for an extended period of time.  The Steelers need to retool a little bit and they will but we may have a couple rough seasons and I'm ready for it. I am however tired of the absolutely brainless and unfounded opinions and when I fire back the hive comes alive.  Need evidence go look at each time Gipper responds to me and who is liking his posts like a little house elf.  I blocked gipper by the way and it feels great. 

If you don't want to read  brainless and unfounded opinions....quit posting on here.

And you can block me all you want...that will not stop me from calling out your delusional opinions.  And everyone else can see that. 

Bro, i barely remember anything you post and I've been here a long ass time.  I talk with several people privately here and like to think I'm friendly enough to go out for beers.  I plan to do just that when the opportunity arises. I was hoping it would be this years draft but I don't see that happening with our countries unwillingness to deal with this virus appropriately. Get over yourself.  I'm not here to flex or troll, if i did those things don't you think i'd have been banned already? Hell the only time I've been banned is for losing a bet.  I really am going to take a break from here as I always do and you all will be stuck with gippers rants and history quizzes no one gives a single shit about.  How you all let that ego get so big is beyond me.

Well....at least you admit that you are ignorant when it comes to history. 

As far as the beer is concerned....we all expect you to cater then next tailgate...at your cost.   (If/when that can happen). 

And you do troll constantly.  Its just that this board doesn't punish you for that.  How long is it you say you have been here?