THE BROWNS BOARD

Rounds 2 & 3

Tour2ma

really interesting:

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/02/auburn-wr-anthony-schwartz-says-he-has-virtual-meeting-with-steelers/

"Anthony Swartz met/will meet virtually with the Patriots/Seahawks/Steelers/Jets/Chargers/Colts/Saints/Titans"

and who drafts him?

BROWNS !!!!!!!!

Could someone else quote LB's post with all his pics of his betting stubs...

... I'm trying to build up my scrolling muscles. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

He is the guy I wanted them to take in round one.     This guy is a torpedo.  LIke a Cobra Missile. 

As I commented to my pal.a guy with safety+ speed that plays LB.  Guy who can cover wrs over the middle. Any comparisons to Dick Butkus are hallucinations. And he did win the Butkus award.  :) 

4 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Dude there are a bunch of centers on the board. A bunch. They love Meinerz. You act like the Steelers are a shit show on the offensive line. 

Because they are...  Draft a guy who shows some talent to be a center, Pouncey- he ain't. We should start a pool on which game Ben goes on IR.... 

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

The GOAT for Cinci's pick...

Yep. Anthony is certainly on the Mount Olympus of LTs... 

7 hours ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

WOOOOOO!!! 

We got BOTH the guys I wanted at 26.

I am fucking ecstatic 

Me too (JOK first, then Newsome, ). When we took Newsome, that was fine, but I just KNEW JOK was out of the picture. I figured he would go VERY early in the 2nd, but teams drafting for need plus some not knowing how to use JOK, allowed him to drop to where Berry trade slightly for one hell of a bargain. That man has nerves of steel.

GO BROWNS!!!

Mike

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

really interesting:

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/02/auburn-wr-anthony-schwartz-says-he-has-virtual-meeting-with-steelers/

"Anthony Swartz met/will meet virtually with the Patriots/Seahawks/Steelers/Jets/Chargers/Colts/Saints/Titans"

and who drafts him?

BROWNS !!!!!!!!

I believe he said the Browns were his 1st interview. I don't know how soon & how much they will utilize him, but his presence & speed will really open things up underneath.

Mike

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

The replacements aren’t on the roster yet. 

Schwartz ain’t that guy 

Walterfootball:  "4/26/21: Schwartz flashed at times in 2020, but the Auburn offense struggled to get in rhythm. Schwartz could be a competitive slot receiver in the NFL. He has dangerous speed and could end up being a better pro than college player. "

Sometimes there is a reason why a player does not stand out before the draft. It may have little to do with the player. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30512340/auburn-tigers-fire-coach-gus-malzahn-eight-seasons

Drafttek has him rated at #103 overall.

22 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

I believe he said the Browns were his 1st interview. I don't know how soon & how much they will utilize him, but his presence & speed will really open things up underneath.

Mike

Ran out of emoticons but totally agree here. We needed more speed every down to take off the top of the D. Make those safeties afraid to come up too fast.

On one hand, he did catch 54 last season so he's not entirely one-trick. On the other, he had more rushing than receiving TD's at Auburn.

Yes, speed, but both our WR's "with speed" got injured last season.. hope he gets on an NFL strength&conditioning plan quick..

And to be clear, the #1 goal of legit athletic trainers is injury prevention.. strength gains are entirely secondary/coincidental.

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Just out of curiosity,  if anyone knows.   What is the fastest  40 time ever recorded for an NFL prospect? 

8 hours ago, gumby73 said:

4.22..Bengals- John Ross

Bo Jackson  4.12 though he says electronically it was 4.13.

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I saw him in the Cotton Bowl run an 80 yard screen for a TD against one of our fastest overall defenses. After he turned the corner at the 50 running laterally from the left to the right side, it took like 3 seconds to cross the goalline. Never seen anything like it in all my years of watching football until his TD tunnel run in the NFL. Put a cape on that man. I was high in the endzone that he ran towards on that play and I could see that sudden acceleration towards me when he turned that corner. Nobody in a football uniform can run that fast-but it damn sure happened.

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I saw him in the Cotton Bowl run an 80 yard screen for a TD against one of our fastest overall defenses. After he turned the corner at the 50 running laterally from the left to the right side, it took like 3 seconds to cross the goalline. Never seen anything like it in all my years of watching football until his TD tunnel run in the NFL. Put a cape on that man. I was high in the endzone that he ran towards on that play and I could see that sudden acceleration towards me when he turned that corner. Nobody should in a football uniform can run that fast-but it damn sure happened.

Bo Jackson was an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime athlete. Without a doubt.

But he was not faster than Usain Bolt, and he was not .2 of a second faster than Willie Gault. 

Bo Jackson says silly things. What was the latest - that he'd run for 3000 yards in today's NFL? 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Bo Jackson was an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime athlete. Without a doubt.

But he was not faster than Usain Bolt, and he was not .2 of a second faster than Willie Gault. 

Bo Jackson says silly things. What was the latest - that he'd run for 3000 yards in today's NFL? 

https://youtu.be/Td4h2BCc1t0?t=3

17 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Bo Jackson  4.12 though he says electronically it was 4.13.

Can you guess what Potty Mouth Shakespeare would have interrupted with "Oh yeah?  I did that running backwards with a cigar in my mouth.  Why don't you knuckleheads get back to endorsing dime a dozen linemen like Joe Thomas for round 1 again!"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

So you can't explain shit, I'm shocked. 

At least you used the non-possessive 'You're'.   Irks me to no end when I see "your stupid",    so good on ya.

I will pass that on to my 40 plus year Advanced Placement English teaching wife who has retired to correct my Texanese. Its (It's😈) About the only thing she will ever like about a football board. LOL!😂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

As I commented to my pal.a guy with safety+ speed that plays LB.  Guy who can cover wrs over the middle. Any comparisons to Dick Butkus are hallucinations. And he did win the Butkus award.  :) 

Because they are...  Draft a guy who shows some talent to be a center, Pouncey- he ain't. We should start a pool on which game Ben goes on IR.... 

Yep. Anthony is certainly on the Mount Olympus of LTs... 

Pouncey was down right bad last season and far from great the season prior.  Villanueva the same and A LOT of people from outside the fan base think this means the line will experience a regression.  I frankly think the line improves with their departures and Green is the perfect pivot in a ZBS.  The article i'm about to link is from PRE-DRAFT so there is no "bias" even tho the depot is incredibly unbiased when the dust settles. 

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/2021-nfl-draft-player-profiles-illinois-ol-kendrick-green/

EDIT: Green has a RAS score of 9.24.  

3 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Pouncey was down right bad last season and far from great the season prior.  Villanueva the same and A LOT of people from outside the fan base think this means the line will experience a regression.  I frankly think the line improves with their departures and Green is the perfect pivot in a ZBS.  The article i'm about to link is from PRE-DRAFT so there is no "bias" even tho the depot is incredibly unbiased when the dust settles. 

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/2021-nfl-draft-player-profiles-illinois-ol-kendrick-green/

Togiai will eat this guy alive.

On 4/30/2021 at 4:31 PM, Tour2ma said:

Let's see if a "$500 Scratch off" can be beat.

And now the tally...

image.png.4add53c7d5e1ac896045e0d287ef285e.png X ........ -$100

image.png.91d8e4dd6bbc3e758e9d688666a5b8e3.png Ding Ding Ding! +$490.... net +$390

image.png.382716aa86730dc7e883541df89921fb.png XX ....... -$100... net +$290

image.png.33ffc3b9b87f4d39c8cd389c02b3bb86.png  XXX ..... -$100... net +$190

image.png.0f13fb9c0d23c340dced9bdc6e85ef47.png XXXX .... -$100... net +$90

image.png.540aff1877effde7af9f6b74ed6d16c0.png XXXXX .... -$100.... ruh ro.... net -$10

image.png.deb695eac54fafc75ae568e12e30d4c2.png XXXXXX .... -$200 .... net -$210

image.png.9f5a3c8d38d5c5f75c56fd9eeab219dd.png Meatloaf was wrong... 2 outta 3 is bad.... XXXXXXX ... -$100... net -$310

Last one....

image.png.5204e30549d1803d48ab63e261baf195.png XXXXXXXX ... -$100 ... Net -$410

Please keep you stubs for tax purposes... ;)

image.png

Hey London, I know Spaniards and Brits have some backstory... But next time you want to run a charity event I can send you an address... ;)

21 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I put the O/U we actually use for picks at 4.5...

... and I'm taking the Under.

That was a pretty close O/U at 4.5.

Oh the actual amount of ⛏️ picks was 5...... barely but still OVER.    Pretty well done BROWNS FO.

10 hours ago, Vagitron said:

EDIT: Green has a RAS score of 9.24.  

Absolutely, for sure.  You don't draft OL in the 3rd and 4th round and expect them to play like Orlando Pace right out of the gate. 

Uh huh- Najee Harris = Barry Sanders. Frothingslosh = Travis Kelce,  Kendrick Green = Quenton Nelson,  Dan Moore = Anthony Munoz, Buddy Jonson = Ray Lewis...  Just stop...  

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Absolutely, for sure.  You don't draft OL in the 3rd and 4th round and expect them to play like Orlando Pace right out of the gate. 

Uh huh- Najee Harris = Barry Sanders. Frothingslosh = Travis Kelce,  Kendrick Green = Quenton Nelson,  Dan Moore = Anthony Munoz, Buddy Jonson = Ray Lewis...  Just stop...  

LOL! Harris and Moore are actually very good pickups for them.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! Harris and Moore are actually very good pickups for them.

Well, they are younger players than the guys they are to replace....but will they be better?  I mean, sure a young  center is going to be better than the  worn out, now departed Pouncey, but does anyone expecthim  to play at Pouncey Prime level?