THE BROWNS BOARD

Jeremiah was a Bullfrog

The Gipper

He's going to be a BLAST to watch on the Browns' defense !

Thank GOD he didn't go to the squealers.

Brilliant move, Berry !!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

Um...

You didn't hear about that?  :

Earlier this offseason, a new proposal by the Kansas City Chiefs that called for the relaxing of jersey number rules was passed by NFL owners. Now, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, linebackers and defensive backs will all be eligible to wear single digits.

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Earlier this offseason, a new proposal by the Kansas City Chiefs that called for the relaxing of jersey number rules was passed by NFL owners. Now, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, linebackers and defensive backs will all be eligible to wear single digits.

Isn’t Baker 6?

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Oh I did. Which is cool, I think.

I also think Six will have something to say about it

20 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

Isn’t Baker 6?

Yea.....OOPS.    There it is.  

Maybe he can have  7.  That is my lucky number.   Though....OOPs again,   that is Jamie Gillan's number. 

Though I don't know that I agree with it.   I preferred it when  LBs were always  50 numbers.  

Or, maybe he can have  66. 

And I always liked it when WRs were in the 80s.      I think the issue there was that too many teams were retiring too many numbers. 

4 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

Had to work tonight and didn’t see any commentary. Any reason for him dropping that far? I figured he’d go in the first for sure 

Nope.  Not that I heard.   I heard no real reason given.   The  ESPN guys all gushed over him.   I didn't listen to the NFL Network. 

6 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Had to work tonight and didn’t see any commentary. Any reason for him dropping that far? I figured he’d go in the first for sure 

A friend went up Thursday night & said most of what he heard was that teams didn't know how to use him. If true, I think they'll regret passing him by. Great for us though.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

#Browns GM Andrew Berry said had building of 30 people all pacing as they tried to trade up to get Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.

#Browns GM Andrew Berry said he can't speculate why Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah fell, but they were very comfortable with him from a medical standpoint
#Browns GM Andrew Berry on why Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah fell: Don't know other 31 boards, but think he's a little unique in how he produces, little undersized, used in a variety of ways at Notre Dame, for us, in Joe Woods' scheme, everything he does well marries what we want at LB

#Browns GM Andrew Berry said they see Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah as WILL linebacker
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

A friend went up Thursday night & said most of what he heard was that teams didn't know how to use him. If true, I think they'll regret passing him by. Great for us though.

Mike

Interesting Mike!    Lindy's Draft Guide rates him as the #1 OLB.  Athlon's Draft Mag rates him as their #2 OLB; and that's only because they're projecting Micah Parson's as an OLB (with their #1 rating).  In Athlon's Top 100 prospects, he's listed at #11 overall. Lindy's field media top 100 - he's #18 overall.   

Looking at those films and a lot of what I've read and heard from his biggest fan (Daniel Jeremiah) - his skills will be ideal for the NFL today.

It's going to be a lot of fun listening to people trying to say his name.  Just add alcohol...  I think I'll stick with JOK. 

This pick feels like an epic steal.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Interesting Mike!    Lindy's Draft Guide rates him as the #1 OLB.  Athlon's Draft Mag rates him as their #2 OLB; and that's only because they're projecting Micah Parson's as an OLB (with their #1 rating).  In Athlon's Top 100 prospects, he's listed at #11 overall. Lindy's field media top 100 - he's #18 overall.   

Looking at those films and a lot of what I've read and heard from his biggest fan Daniel Jeremiah - his skills will be ideal for the NFL today.

The scariest thing about him is going to be watching people try to say his name at/after the tailgates.  I think I'll stick with JOK. 

Yeah, I'll stick with JOK too. He'll be fun to watch for sure!

Mike

53 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Looking at those films and a lot of what I've read and heard from his biggest fan (Daniel Jeremiah) - his skills will be ideal for the NFL today.

It's going to be a lot of fun listening to people trying to say his name.  Just add alcohol...  I think I'll stick with JOK. 

This pick feels like an epic steal.   

Heh, good to see you back Flugs. He just has to be the JOKer in the deck for us.😁

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Yeah, I'll stick with JOK too. He'll be fun to watch for sure!

Mike

The thing with judging LBs today is I tend to get distracted by the types I loved in the 70s, 80s and 90s.  They say you can't teach and old dawg tricks but I majored in summer school.  I still find myself looking for ideal heights, weights and BIG hit reputations; but the game and rules today are phasing that out some for the sure tacklers in open fields that can also strip the ball.  If reading their keys and mastering coverages isn't enough of a challenge for young LBers; now add the athletic and speedy QBs of today taking off out of the pocket that countless defenders never seem to get a clean shot at (ie; Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray, DeShaun Watson). 

JOK looks like he offers the goodies our Defense needs.  And I've seem some highlights where he looks very capable of delivering the collisions on guys ending in smelling salt wake ups.  Even better, he's not leading with his head - so he doesn't look like an unconscious Greg Lloyd that just got freight trained by Kevin Mack.  

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

he's a little unique in how he produces, little undersized, used in a variety of ways at Notre Dame, for us, in Joe Woods' scheme, everything he does well marries what we want at LB

This makes sense.  I've been saying that this draft will probably define what this regime wants the Browns to be.   Last year was about 'becoming' a team, with the new coackes, GM, Playbook, etc.  And the draft was to get some guys to immediately fix big problems (like the 2 tackle positions).  They had very few picks to look for their 'vision' players.

We are now seeing their motto:    Fuckin' Fast !    (from now on I'll refer to it as 'Friggin')  :)  I mean look where they went for the WR!   There were other receivers rated higher than the one we took.  But the one that WE took runs like a jack-rabbit.   Steph, Woods & Berry are going for speed.  Ya can't teach it.   

( JoJo Natson's got his work cut out for him )

22 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Leading with the head brigade should be lead by Shazier.. he did that even at OSU and ignored people who tried to have him change tackling form

Brodney Pool was a charter member of that club.

3 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike

I keep watching videos of him - and it occurred to me, that the squealers would have drafted him in that second round - they miss

having a blazing fast playmaker like Troy Wannacheapshotyu...who made crazy plays all over the place with his speed and instincts.

He won't be just a WILL lb, Joe Woods will have him be the focus of attention by offenses... they had better know where he is to start every play. The Browns will be able to disguise plays that they couldn't do before, I think. Any creative DC would have loved to nab Owusu-Kamorah. I swear the squealers were going to nab him. The Browns knew they had to jump ahead.

Going to be FUN to watch !

26 minutes ago, Orion said:

This makes sense.  I've been saying that this draft will probably define what this regime wants the Browns to be.   Last year was about 'becoming' a team, with the new coackes, GM, Playbook, etc.  And the draft was to get some guys to immediately fix big problems (like the 2 tackle positions).  They had very few picks to look for their 'vision' players.

We are now seeing their motto:    Fuckin' Fast !    (from now on I'll refer to it as 'Friggin')  :)  I mean look where they went for the WR!   There were other receivers rated higher than the one we took.  But the one that WE took runs like a jack-rabbit.   Steph, Woods & Berry are going for speed.  Ya can't teach it.   

YEP ! I looked it up - Tyreek HIll of the Chiefs? ran a 4.29 forty.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/what-tyreek-hill-s-nfl-40-yard-dash-time#:~:text=One drill stood out more than the rest,a top speed of 19 miles per hour.

" One drill stood out more than the rest and that was Tyreek Hill's 40-yard dash time and speed. Tyreek Hill's 4.29 forty yard dash time was remarkable. Not to mention the wide receiver reached a top speed of 19 miles per hour. "

Everybody knows how much Hill means to the Chiefs' offense.

and Anthony Swartz ran a 4.26. Freaking FAST. AND he is a heck of a FOOTBALL PLAYER.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/anthony-schwartz-3-things-to-know-about-the-new-browns-wide-receiver/ar-BB1gfG8z

Going to be a FASTER Browns team going to the playoffs, I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:
#Browns GM Andrew Berry on why Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah fell: Don't know other 31 boards, but think he's a little unique in how he produces, little undersized, used in a variety of ways at Notre Dame, for us, in Joe Woods' scheme, everything he does well marries what we want at LB

#Browns GM Andrew Berry said they see Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah as WILL linebacker

MHO? "Little undersized" is why he dropped that far. He's going to be taking on TEs that have 30 pounds and several inches on him. Worth the risk. 1\2 of second round picks bust anyway. 

I love the pick...Sam Gash was undersized and turned into a darn good backer.. Hell even Eddie Johnson was small.. Butkus and Lewis weren't huge either... I wanted this kid... Glad we got him... He looks like a solid tackler!

44 minutes ago, nickers said:

I love the pick...Sam Gash was undersized and turned into a darn good backer.. Hell even Eddie Johnson was small.. Butkus and Lewis weren't huge either... I wanted this kid... Glad we got him... He looks like a solid tackler!

interesting ! Eddie Johnson was 6'1", 220 lbs !

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nickers said:

Sorry Nickers there's a reason the Butkus award is named after, um Butkus. 6'3" 245...  Prototypical size-and if you ever saw him play- poor running backs looked like they had been hit by a freight train. Lewis wasn't a lightweight either at 245, and the reason he fell into the second round was a lousy 40 time.