THE BROWNS BOARD

Rodgers for Baker is being speculated by the media. Thoughts on Rodgers with this roster!

On 5/4/2021 at 2:44 PM, Tour2ma said:

Cap aside... I'd make the OP's move in a heartbeat.

Love Baker, but if you want to have a realistic shot at winning it all now, then you want one of the 3 best QBs in the game today under Center.

Of course... the cap says, "Nope... ain't gonna happen."

Plus Rogers prolly says, "Nope," as well...

The "North Coast" ain't the West Coast... or at least near it.

Brady gently coaxes the cap.  Follow suit.  Dummies.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

sexagenarian-a man who still wants sex but can no longer get it up due to age limitations. Did I guess right?😱

NeverHardBrownsFan? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

sexagenarian-a man who still wants sex but can no longer get it up due to age limitations. Did I guess right?😱

Dude, you're past the sexagenarian age.🤣  or example, a septuagenarian refers to someone in his or her seventies (age 70 to 79)

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Dude, you're past the sexagenarian age.🤣  or example, a septuagenarian refers to someone in his or her seventies (age 70 to 79)

That's cause they know the different between seppatime and dinnatime (the more formal version of seppatime).😋🤗

On 5/4/2021 at 10:40 AM, Comeonman said:

Baker is the QB, guys. He’s earned it. He’s not the best in the league, but he’s our guy. 

what makes u think he cant be ?

36 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You forgot Roy.   Love the outfits:

97 Vintage Western Wear ideas | vintage western wear, western wear, vintage  western

I didnt make that meme but yeah... Shouldve been included

Baker may not be the best QB, but he has the drive to become the best. And that is as an important trait for a player as any. He has shown he can improve. I think he has earned it at the very least.

Baker has dramatically improved - remember, Terry Bradshaw said he almost got booed out of

pittsburgh because of his really poor play. I'm just saying that other great qb's have had their struggles in early years.

but a lot of it can depend on the supporting cast. Baker has the talent, work ethic and leadership to shine in the upcoming year and be that long term successful qb for the Browns.

Tom Brady was a bad fumbler his first three years - 13 fumbles in 2003, 11 in 2002, 13 fumbles in 2004....

2003 New England Patriots 16 13          
2002 New England Patriots 16 11          
2001 New England Patriots

15 12

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Thinking we're heading into a dynasty with Baker is foolish 

Well, that is an opinion

On the other hand....what do you think constitutes a dynasty?   Unless you are Otto Graham,  Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana,  Troy Aikman, or Tom Brady....no other QB has really been at the helm of a dynasty for the last  75 years.  Maybe a couple of others.    And, of course, it takes an entire team to make a dynasty.  Dan Marino was not part of a dynasty, nor Aaron Rodgers.  Those two and Elway who may have been part of a borderline dynasty, are the most skillful QBs the last  40 years.  The entire TEAM must have dynastic accomplishments, not just the QB.  

I could see  Baker as more of a Joe Montana type....not the tallest, not the strongest arm....but the one with the most guile that like Montana could take an extremely talented and well coached TEAM to great things.  

Are the odds ever in his/our favor?  No.  Like The Hunger Games....you throw  24 people into the frey, and only one comes out alive.  Hopefully that is Baker.   It is not impossible, however improbable. 

• Upvote 1

People underestimate how good Baker's really become. In the KC game, he was throwing a very high percentage of very difficult throws. Another full offseason in this program and we'll have our own Rodgers

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

We’ve now witnessed Baker set-up perfectly.  Running/WR compliments and a formidable line with a savvy play caller. It works and it will get better in time with more experience. There are ALOT of QBs with less...that’s not Bakers fault.  Just as he gets a partial pass for the lack of continuity (coaching/systems) he’s dealt with his first three years. 

But This is the biggest year IMO. If he takes another step- Where he continues to cut down on mistakes and makes a few plays on his own.  He’s our guy and these outlandish Insert elite QB for Baker and picks discussion can be put to bed. 

At 26 and a second year in the system.  There is a lot of optimism. Enough so that he is IMO not part of any trade discussion (and dollars to donuts) he’s not by our Front Office. 

Do any of you see the first guy in our organization that reaches out to every new guy?

Do any you hear any more back and forth with loud abrasive talking heads like Colin Cowturd? 

He’s growing up...he’s getting it.

4 hours ago, Comeonman said:

I think he’s too one dimensional right now. He struggles too much when he doesn’t move out of the pocket. 

I think that is mostly because with OBJ hurt, he only had one wr, Jarvis Landry, who he can depend on getting open

quick enough. They double on Landry, it gives Higgins a chance. Schwartz should very well change all that.

I don't want Rogers.  He spends too much time making commercials instead of learning the playbook.  On the other hand, do the trade, so we can have Brady and Rogers in the super bowl

13 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Thinking that you know anything about Football is foolish...

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Depends on how you want to define "dynasty"... I suppose the Patriots come closest recently. But does Brady have the strongest arm? Nope. Most mobile? Nope. 

Let's win just ONE before we start the dynasty talk.  :)  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Depends on how you want to define "dynasty"... I suppose the Patriots come closest recently. But does Brady have the strongest arm? Nope. Most mobile? Nope. 

Let's win just ONE before we start the dynasty talk.  :)  

Or at least wait until Linda Evans and Joan Collins join the board 

• Haha 1

Rodgers is in the twilight of his career and he has taken a beating over the years. Nobody knows how many years he has left or how long it will take him to get acclimated to our team, the clock is ticking.  Brady is an exception of the rule, NOT the rule. Baker is nowhere near as good as Rodgers but he has more value, more potential. Having a Super Bowl would be nice but something that means more to me is culture change, not having to deal with a decade or more of perpetual losing. Baker just gave us a win against our mortal rivals in the playoffs, I'm pretty happy with that. 

• Upvote 2