THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Battles / Browns Training Camp 2021

gumby73

@ScottPetrak

#Browns Kevin Stefanski said DT Malik McDowell suffered oblique injury.

Grade I strains heal within a few weeks. (PUP)
Grade II strains can take up to 3 months or longer. (IR)
Grade III strains may require surgery and months of rehabilitation. A strain, or pulled muscle, is an injury to your muscle or tendon.

Had to be tough news for a Malik McDowell to hear ... 👎 MRI pending

21 hours ago, Orion said:

Call the guy by his name. --------   I know, I'll kick up an incredible fuss.

You're taking a stand against.. nicknames? Such bravery.  Do you want a trophy?

If you're still uncomfortable with ridiculous nicknames.. Have you ever played a team sport with other guys for more than 45 minutes?

It's fun to see you mention snowflakes.  The actual "snowflakes" are the parents - You. Your generation.  You desperately want To Be Thought Of As A Very Special Person while ignoring everything about your kids due to your narcissistic desire To Have Your Greatness Recognized By Others And Reflected In Your Kid.  Trophies aren't for children.. they're for the parents.  You nicknamed yourself "The Greatest Generation" when nobody was doing any comparing.. and more importantly, you don't get to give yourself your own nickname. You're actually not "the greatest" at anything other than lack of self-awareness and magnitude of incompetence. 

Your generation should be known as The FYIGM Generation.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

You're taking a stand against.. nicknames? Such bravery.  Do you want a trophy?

If you're still uncomfortable with ridiculous nicknames.. Have you ever played a team sport with other guys for more than 45 minutes?

It's fun to see you mention snowflakes.  The actual "snowflakes" are the parents - You. Your generation.  You desperately want To Be Thought Of As A Very Special Person while ignoring everything about your kids due to your narcissistic desire To Have Your Greatness Recognized By Others And Reflected In Your Kid.  Trophies aren't for children.. they're for the parents.  You nicknamed yourself "The Greatest Generation" when nobody was doing any comparing.. and more importantly, you don't get to give yourself your own nickname. You're actually not "the greatest" at anything other than lack of self-awareness and magnitude of incompetence. 

Your generation should be known as The FYIGM Generation.

Baby Boomers aren't 'The Greatest Generation', that was their parents.

Boomers are the spoiled kids who inherited what their parents fought for and pissed it away. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Orion said:

You cannot possibly be comparing us to the current snowflake generation can you?  The everybody gets a trophy, you can't tell them they made a mistake, generation?  No, that pendulum swung back way past us. 

I sure can, take the guy who upvoted your comment for example.

That boomer is the biggest snowflake on this board. He got so butthurt one time that he demanded to get thrown off this board, only to have to crawl back because no one in his real life pays attention to him. 

• Haha 1

If Anthony Schwartz was to give us more WR speed going into KC? He might want to get some meaningful reps come preseason games...

our defense, is taking the camp injury hits.. and has built little to no continuity...

DEFENSE
LDE 95 Garrett, Myles 17/1 91 Jackson, Joe W/Dal 69 Malveaux, Cameron SF20        
LDT 96 Elliott, Jordan 20/3 97 JACKSON, MALIK CC/Phi 92 Day, Sheldon SF20 65 Wilson, Marvin CF21    
RDT 99 Billings, Andrew U/Cin 93 Togiai, Tommy 21/4 58 McDowell, Malik SF21* 61 SQUARE, DAMION U/LAC    
RDE 90 Clowney, Jadeveon U/Ten 55 McKinley, Takkarist U/LV* 94 Gustin, Porter SF19 57 McKnight, Romeo CF21    
SAM 44 Takitaki, Sione 19/3 56 SMITH, MALCOLM SF20 59 Weaver, Curtis W/Mia        
MLB 4 Walker, Anthony U/IND* 51 Wilson, Mack 19/5 42 Fields II, Tony 21/5        
WLB 50 Phillips, Jacob 20/3 28 Owusu-Koramoah, Jeremiah 21/2 52 Lee, Elijah W/Det        
LCB 21 Ward, Denzel 18/1 36 Stewart Jr., MJ W/TB 25 Allen, Brian P/Cin 38 Green, AJ CF20 49 Thomas, Kiondre CF21
SS 43 Johnson III, John U/LAR 33 Harrison, Ronnie T/Jax* 29 Redwine, Sheldrick 19/4 41 Meander, Montrel CF18    
FS 22 Delpit, Grant 20/2* 39 LeCounte, Richard 21/5 35 Moffatt, Jovante CF20 48 Benton, Elijah CF20    
RCB 20 Newsome, Greg 21/1 26 Williams, Greedy 19/2 34 Jackson, Robert SF18 37 Rugamba, Emmanuel CF21    
NB 23 Hill, Troy U/L

Jags Saturday night... Who are you playing/sitting?...my guess is 2's/3's & 4's? and we look to be missing some of those projected pieces too... Pre-season!..It's a fine time to find out your teams depth... but...man! let's start getting some defensive bodies back too...🤞

51 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Jags Saturday night... Who are you playing/sitting?.

We're in somewhat uncharted waters with the shortened preseason.  

When, and how much of a 'tune up' do the starters get.  Is it game 2?  3?  

If I were to guess I'd say starters for a half (or even less) of game 3.  And 2nd half is the last ditch effort for guys to make the team.

32 minutes ago, Orion said:

We're in somewhat uncharted waters with the shortened preseason.  

When, and how much of a 'tune up' do the starters get.  Is it game 2?  3?  

If I were to guess I'd say starters for a half (or even less) of game 3.  And 2nd half is the last ditch effort for guys to make the team.

Pre-season ='s Vanilla football...I'm fine with one series of both (clean health) starters.. than yank both.. Inter-squad with Giants..nobody see's nuttin..(and we don't play them) I've heard (nfl radio) gm.2, is the closest thing to a real starter tune-up game...Game 3, now becomes your final bottom of the roster cut down game.. (ours is slim)

believe nothing...till ya see it !

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I've heard (nfl radio) gm.2, is the closest thing to a real starter tune-up game

You almost want to think that the strategy would be league wide.  I mean, in preseason games you really don't want your starters in there against 3rd stringers because the two teams have totally different ideas on how the 'new' preseason games should be handled.

On 7/22/2021 at 6:21 AM, gumby73 said:

Greedy defends his spot.. while Newsome seems to bring a bigger dawg bite... Get Ready!🍿

Who's a fan of just putting your best players on the field?

The twist is..Greg Newsome is seeing inside slot reps, that kick Troy Hill to the outside 🤔.. and Baker is only finding the small windows of NfL open...with JJ3 lurking..

count me in, as one to be watching this play out..

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/troy-hill-being-counted-upon-to-bolster-the-cleveland-browns-cornerback-corps-Anthony-Walker-Returns-Myles-Garrett-Denzel-Ward-to-Miss-Practice--168932987/

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-maven-features/browns-newsome-greedy-cb2-competition

Cross training is the Brown's goal. I guess that could create some significant playing time if there is an injury or some mild sickness. And, maybe creating some good mismatches at certain times...

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/troy-hill-being-counted-upon-to-bolster-the-cleveland-browns-cornerback-corps-Anthony-Walker-Returns-Myles-Garrett-Denzel-Ward-to-Miss-Practice--168932987/

Splitting Time: Top draft choice, CB Greg Newsome said that he has been working every day inside at the slot position, in addition, to his time on the outside. He said he estimated the split is about 60 percent on the outside and 40 percent on the inside.

9COMMENTS

"You're trying to cross-train all of these guys," Stefanski said. "He's coming along and doing a nice job."

Stefanski said he expected all of the rookies that are healthy to play on Saturday, including top pick CB Greg Newsome. Stefanski said the second-year players will also see a lot of time. 

Case Keenum is expected to start at quarterback, followed by Kyle Lauletta

Injury Update: There was no specific update by Stefanski before practice on the players who have been missing practice including, S Grant Delpit (hamstring), Tony Fields (foot), DE Myles Garrett (hamstring), G Blake Hance (ankle), S Ronnie Harrison (hamstring), WR Alexander Hollins (hamstring), DT Malik McDowell (rib), LB Montrel Meander (hamstring), Njoku (shoulder), S Sheldrick Redwine (ankle), WR Anthony Schwartz (hamstring), CB Denzel Ward (soreness).

Cut Downs Coming: The Browns and the rest of the NFL will have to trim their roster from 90 to 85 by Tuesday Aug. 17 and then to 80 by Tuesday Aug. 24, before the final roster cut down to 53 on Tuesday Aug. 31. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Delpit reaggravated his hamstring today.

This kid can't catch a break.

Well, we've got Harrison and some of the other safeties have looked good.

Put him on the roster and then drop him on IR for three weeks and let him get six weeks to rest it properly. The new IR rules are flexible.

Z

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Anybody watching the live stream of the giants browns practice?

browns look gooooood

Saw some highlights on Twitter feeds.  Summary.  (Edit: video above is better)

Njoku, Landry had big days.  Baker looked crisp he put a few balls in tight windows where Giants were in position but we made the play. We appeared to do whatever we wanted on offense minus a few would have been sacks or so Giants media mentioned.  The Giants had trouble with our playmakers. 

The Browns media across the Board seemed to think the Browns performed well. 

Newsome made a nice play to undercut a route from Slayton arguably the best Giants WR on a pass from Danny Dimes.  We seemed to have trouble with Evan Engram.  Lots of key guys out for us.  Looked like Giants oline 1 vs Browns second team DLine a lot. They were missing Toney and Barkley. 

The Browns on Monday made the following five transactions.  

Placed on reserve/injured:

TE Connor Davis (shoulder)

LB Montrel Meander (Achilles)

K Cody Parkey (quad)

Waived:

WR Alexander Hollins

The WR room.......and Felton.

OBJ, Landry, DPJ, Schwartz are locked in.  How many slots are left?  2......3?   There's Higgins, Hodge, Davion Davis (who's been quite good), J'Marcus Bradley, Jo-Jo Natson....and, Felton?  If you put Felton with the RB's then you're keeping 4 of them because D'E hasn't done a thing wrong.  (from what we've seen, Felton seems better suited as a smurf receiver or a passing game RB motioning somewhere to try and find a LB coverage matchup)

So, 2 or 3 WR spots and Higgins, Hodge and Davion Davis (lets assume Bradley & Natson are not in the mix).  That opens the possibility of 16 guys toting the ball around (not counting QB's).  7 WR's, 4 TE's, 4 RB's 1 FB.  Heck, let's keep Stanton too and make it a full 3rd of the roster.  :)  

...I'm hoping that we don't have to let Davion Davis get snapped up by another team.

• Like 1