THE BROWNS BOARD

This is ALL Stefanski's Fault. The Offense is what it is because of HIM

Soju

Baker isn't doing ANYTHING in this conservative dink and dunk offense Stefanski has installed.

He ruined WR Stefon Diggs in Minnesota until he left for Buffalo to become a pro bowl-type receiver.  He is ruining OBJ now.  The guy just doesn't like the pass game.  He has installed this 1991 archaic offense of running the ball constantly instead of the upgraded 2021 passing attack of today's NFL. 

Look at baker when we spread the offense and let him throw indiscriminately.  He balls out.  Stefanski in Minnesota made Kirk Cousins regress (now Cousins is doing better without him), and now Baker--not to mention the WRs. OPEN UP AND SPREAD THE OFFENSE AND GUN SLING -- THAT'S HOW YOU SET UP BAKER TO WIN.  Otherwise Baker should leave, because Stefanski is killing his value.  

Just because this coach brought a level-headed, professional demeanor to the organization that coincided with a couple winning seasons you guys want to put him in the god-tier level of coaching exempt from any criticism.  He's far from it.  Look at that 3rd and 10 draw play.  Straight Retarded.  He just can't call a game.  Run, run, pass, over and over and over and over again.  Opposing teams know it too. 

Hand over the F'ing offensive reins to Alex Van Pelt and let him call games like he did last year when Stefanki was sitting home in his basement watching the Browns RUN the score up on the Steelers in the WC round in last year's playoffs.

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

I feel like I'm in an alternate universe. 

Z

Hahahahaha...isn't it the truth?

We were all so much better off as Browns' fans with the successes of such offensive revolutionaries as Freddie Kitchens, Hue Jackson, Rob Chudzinski, Pat Shurmur and Chris Palmer...

4 minutes ago, AP1 said:

Hahahahaha...isn't it the truth?

We were all so much better off as Browns' fans with the successes of such offensive revolutionaries as Freddie Kitchens, Hue Jackson, Rob Chudzinski, Pat Shurmur and Chris Palmer...

which of those did I mention?  I said Alex Van Pelt.  The others were clowns.

You didn't mention any of them. But step off the block and take a 5,000 ft view of things. In the calendar year 2021, the Browns are a touchdown turned fumble turned touchback away from the AFC Championship Game; this season, they're a dropped punt snap away from a Week 1 win in KC and a blown call on a horrendous OPI against the Chargers from being 6-1.

The Browns are literally three plays from Stefanski going to the AFC Championship in his first season and being in the AFC Driver's seat in his second season. 

He's won the same number of games halfway into his second season as Hue Jackson, Gregg Williams and Freddie Kitchens did from 2016 through 2019.

Does KS walk on water? NO. Can he turn water into wine? NO. Are there adjustments that need to be made? Certainly. Do I trust him to make those adjustments? I do.

The title of your thread starts with "This is ALL Stefanski's fault."

The Browns are winning, take a breath, put the pitchfork down, dunk the torch in water. They could have hired Matt Rhule or Joe Judge.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Soju said:

Baker isn't doing ANYTHING in this conservative dink and dunk offense Stefanski has installed.

He ruined WR Stefon Diggs in Minnesota until he left for Buffalo to become a pro bowl-type receiver.  He is ruining OBJ now.  The guy just doesn't like the pass game.  He has installed this 1991 archaic offense of running the ball constantly instead of the upgraded 2021 passing attack of today's NFL. 

Look at baker when we spread the offense and let him throw indiscriminately.  He balls out.  Stefanski in Minnesota made Kirk Cousins regress (now Cousins is doing better without him), and now Baker--not to mention the WRs. OPEN UP AND SPREAD THE OFFENSE AND GUN SLING -- THAT'S HOW YOU SET UP BAKER TO WIN.  Otherwise Baker should leave, because Stefanski is killing his value.  

Go away.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, AP1 said:

You didn't mention any of them. But step off the block and take a 5,000 ft view of things. In the calendar year 2021, the Browns are a touchdown turned fumble turned touchback away from the AFC Championship Game; this season, they're a dropped punt snap away from a Week 1 win in KC and a blown call on a horrendous OPI against the Chargers from being 6-1.

The Browns are literally three plays from Stefanski going to the AFC Championship in his first season and being in the AFC Driver's seat in his second season. 

He's won the same number of games halfway into his second season as Hue Jackson, Gregg Williams and Freddie Kitchens did from 2016 through 2019.

Does KS walk on water? NO. Can he turn water into wine? NO. Are there adjustments that need to be made? Certainly. Do I trust him to make those adjustments? I do.

The title of your thread starts with "This is ALL Stefanski's fault."

The Browns are winning, take a breath, put the pitchfork down, dunk the torch in water. They could have hired Matt Rhule or Joe Judge.

How many times would a good offensive play calling coach dial up a draw on 3rd and 10?  Sounds like a coach that doesn't trust his QB, or horribly inept at calling plays.  Which is it?

17 hours ago, Soju said:

How many times would a good offensive play calling coach dial up a draw on 3rd and 10?  Sounds like a coach that doesn't trust his QB, or horribly inept at calling plays.  Which is it?

WTF Debbie Dense.. do your own research.. He admitted to failing.. Ya want to draw his Blood too? He's the reining coach of the year, but he's as Human as you or me..

Get on with your life..

• Haha 1

I think he has some points. The system is built for the quarterback to facilitate, not dominate. 

if you look at the bengals, they can score quickly, due to their downfield aggression throwing the ball (which the league is built for). 

Stefs offense rarely scores quickly, especially this year. But that’s our game, cuz we shorten the game and milk the clock and take away possessions from teams like cincy that can score quick, we have a dominate run game.

the issue with running 70 percent of the time is guys will get hurt. Holding also happens a bunch. The league is built to throw the ball. We do the opposite, and I think we’ve seen some pros AND cons of the offense this year. It’s unique and very methodical and based on attrition. 

Baker does what he’s asked to do by the scheme, we aren’t built to throw deep like cincy, or built for a skill set of Lamar Jackson where improvisation is key. We are boring and old school. Conservative, and safe. 

Baker is capable of running the offense. I just hope he’s healthy. Pit will be gunning for him. We gotta protect baker with short throws, screens, and runnin the ball. 

Stefanski is what he is. We aren’t changing the offense. 

• Like 1

last night Arizona lost. Murry was limping at the end of the game. I suppose the op author wants an exciting run and shoot offense?

Arizona last night had a 5 wr set. The Browns only have two wr's healthy (Higgins and Schwartz. And both their tackles have been banged up. Now Hance is questionable.

How anybody feels that the Browns can run a dynamic passing offense is .....ridiculous.

Somebody needs a mug of ice cold root beer....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Zombo said:

I feel like I'm in an alternate universe. 

Z

Lol yes. 

Of course Stefanski can be criticized.

The crazy thing is from 2008-2017, it was dismal, the board was dominated by bitching and searching for a QB, and endless other draft talk from October until the next pre season.  Now we finally have a team to be proud of (mostly) and some fans still can't help themselves. Crazy.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Nero said:

Great pedal. 

...ya know, I don't use mine much.  It's there, on both pedal boards...and we do White Room...but the other guitar player uses His wah...so...

18 hours ago, Soju said:

Just because this coach brought a level-headed, professional demeanor to the organization that coincided with a couple winning seasons you guys want to put him in the god-tier level of coaching

Yup!  That's all it takes...after two decades of horror shows...we get a coach that wins coach of the year and we're happy.  Silly us.

Let me edit and add:  Nobody is going to like everything any coach does.  But I think Stef is playing to a strength of the team, the run, with two great RB's and a good run blocking OL ala Bill Callahan.  And there are those who don't think that Baker is reliable as the 'carry the team on his back' type QB.  Stef tries to keep him from having to be in that role.  Perhaps for good reason.

• Upvote 1

I think it’s fair to be critical of the team this year. It’s kind of been a mess. We are 4-3 but it’s not a strong 4-3. We win ugly. That’s how Stefanski rolls. No style points. Not many big plays. And the defense is Jekyll and Hyde. 

before the year started, by week 8, I would figure the browns could’ve proven by now they are the best roster in the AFCN. 

it hasn’t happened. It is what it is. 

I really wish baker wouldn’t of tried to attempt that stupid tackle during the Houston game. I was there and there were so many times when I’m yelling at baker “what are you doing”. He seems to play hot and cold and I expect nothing less this Sunday Vs Pittsburgh. 

please protect baker this Sunday Kevin. Please. No 7 step drops please 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

I think it’s fair to be critical of the team this year. It’s kind of been a mess. We are 4-3 but it’s not a strong 4-3. We win ugly. That’s how Stefanski rolls. No style points. Not many big plays. And the defense is Jekyll and Hyde. 

before the year started, by week 8, I would figure the browns could’ve proven by now they are the best roster in the AFCN. 

some small Nuggets to consider?

1) Cleveland Browns 49 at Dallas Cowboys 38 on *October 4th, 2020*

2) BEREA — Not only is quarterback Baker Mayfield back in the starting lineup after missing his first game in the NFL, he’ll be joined by receivers Odell Beckham Jr.(?'able wk.8) and Jarvis Landry and running back Nick Chubb. The foursome hasn’t played a game together this year, and not since Chubb was injured against Dallas on Oct. 4, 2020.

3) LT Jed Wills struggles with Ankle.. 2.5 games +plus... RT Conklin in & out, missing 1 Game... Considering, K.Hunt will now be the 5th piece missing, in just over a year..admitting, We've been somewhat lucky, with only 3 roster'd TE's still staying mostly healthy

not intended as excuses..

but, We have not been the health'est offensive unit with all our baller's on the train rails..It is the NFL.. but, Which teams have dealt with something like this? and still beats Denver!  

No! I never realized this nugget #2, has lasted this long 

On 10/29/2021 at 3:50 AM, Soju said:

Just because this coach brought a level-headed, professional demeanor to the organization that coincided with a couple winning seasons you guys want to put him in the god-tier level of coaching exempt from any criticism.  He's far from it.  Look at that 3rd and 10 draw play.  Straight Retarded.  He just can't call a game.  Run, run, pass, over and over and over and over again.  Opposing teams know it too. 

Hand over the F'ing offensive reins to Alex Van Pelt and let him call games like he did last year when Stefanki was sitting home in his basement watching the Browns RUN the score up on the Steelers in the WC round in last year's playoffs.

he doesn't trust his QB.  you keep baker from losing the game.  you spread it out and let baker throw 40+ times he will turn it over 3 times. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

I really wish baker wouldn’t of tried to attempt that stupid tackle during the Houston game. I was there and there were so many times when I’m yelling at baker “what are you doing”. He seems to play hot and cold and I expect nothing less this Sunday Vs Pittsburgh. 

please protect baker this Sunday Kevin. Please. No 7 step drops please 

the browns are going to have to adjust.  their passing game is made for big plays and was last year.  Teams have adjusted having 2 deep safety's and giving up a bit in the run game.  the browns will need to adjust to get some intermediate passes because the defenses have tried to take away deep passes and short passes while giving up a little in the run game because it is making the browns have long drives and less points scored overall.

I think there's a give and take with coach's offensive philosophy, and there is at least SOME validity to the poster's point. I asked a Browns podcast personality yesterday if Stefanski's severely anti-interception views are hurting Baker's ability to make big time throws. It's difficult to really know, but here's what I can tell you. 

Baker almost never throws the ball into the end zone. Don't believe me? Go back to all of our games and count the number of times Baker takes a shot at paydirt. He has multiple games this season with ZERO attempts. ZERO. We are not aggressively trying to score in the passing game and that's got to get figured out. 

Now, the flip side to that is we don't turn it over in the red zone UNLESS we turn it over on downs, which is fast becoming our go-to move. One of the reasons we are turning it over on downs is because we aren't GETTING IT TO THE EFFING END ZONE. I trust coach to make it happen, and that TD to Stanton is a terrific example. 

We aren't letting Njoku jump for it, we aren't getting OBJ opportunities from red zone extended, and we aren't attacking the middle of the field enough. When is the last time Harrison Bryant got an opportunity? Where is the bootleg to Landry? Why do our 4th downs suddenly suck and our empty formation plays aren't working? Why isn't Scarlett Johansson in my bedroom wearing nothing but a Bernie Kosar jersey and holding a feather, some lube, and a giant bag of gummi bears? 

To be totally fair, we've had some scoring opportunities that we simply missed. Baker had horrible misses in the Vikings game, and if you watch film break down videos, you've seen multiple other times throughout the season where Baker had his eyes in the wrong place, ran out of time, or just refused to fire it down field. The refusing is what concerns me the most. He's not trusting his ability like he used to, and this injury certainly won't help.

No QB makes every throw and every perfect read. For example, do you guys remember that Njoku throw Keenum had last week where he lofted it perfectly while Njoku was double-covered? Well, that play began with a fake orbit motion handoff to Felton and he then kept running around the end without the ball into the flat. Absolutely NO defender went with Felton and had Keenum looked to the right and thrown it to Felton, at MINIMUM its a 30 yard gain, possibly a 60 yard TD. 

So I don't know what the answer is, but the data definitely shows we have a reticence to throwing it in the end zone and we just aren't throwing enough TD passes. We've got to take some shots, if nothing else to keep the defense honest and maybe get some pass interference calls like always happen to us. Also, quit throwing it to effing Schwartz. He's not ready yet and ALWAYS quits on his route. 

LFG! 

• Upvote 2

Higher rate.. of Stef calling, a high percentage Analytics red-zone play calling..Like it or Not? It's what got him here & beat in San Fran... Most windows get squeezed, including's body spacing of red-zone sidelines...

tighter packed, defensive whiskeys, packed in the Offenses jar'Oh ..

we get no Ref'ing luck on rubs nor OPI's calls either... ill-formations have got to quit.. it's a pro league  

7 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Why isn't Scarlett Johansson in my bedroom wearing nothing but a Bernie Kosar jersey and holding a feather, some lube, and a giant bag of gummi bears? 

Thank you for this thread Soju, as without it, I wouldn't have this tattooed to my frontal lobe. 

• Haha 2

There is some merit to this. It was said when Baker came in the league he was better on the move and it seems he has been throwing more in the pocket. We also have a wealth of talent on this team and we don't seem to get them involved. Guys like DPJ, Felton, and Harrison Bryant, all need more snaps. Is it me, or has Hooper's touches gone down too?

I suppose several of you are not factoring in injuries and staffing on field. It’s kind of like criticizing a race car for not running at top speed when it’s going on 3 tires and 6/8 cylinders.  When Baker is healthy with a healthy line if we don’t take shots perhaps I’ll listen.