THE BROWNS BOARD

This is ALL Stefanski's Fault. The Offense is what it is because of HIM

Soju

13 hours ago, EastSideDawg said:

the browns have long drives and less points scored overall.

A cause and affect statement.  Just win baby!

Some teams run with the pass...little 4 yard passes.  We run with the run.  And that's fine....as long as we can pass when we have to pass.  And we 'should' be able to pass with OBJ, Landry, Hooper, Njoku, Schwartz, Felton and Higgins on the team.  (key word being 'should')  

Soooooo.... it is really RollerCam? :)

I'm sorry, Soju...

I thought we were 4-3 (as in over .500) and in the thick of a 2nd half playoff race. And how'd we get there? Run to set up the Pass.. and the PAP in particular. THAT is the exact style for which this which this team was assembled. It's the style I love to be sure, but also the one I see endangered by the RPO-future of the league. (Pretty sure I wrote about this... :) ).

In my alternative future... what is the one thing that can defeat the RPO? BALL CONTROL...

Stef's roster is simply not capable of Pin-balling a scoreboard with the likes of Mahomes' Chiefs or Jackson's Ravens. That is the truth.. so for now we have to grind out long drives, eat clock and stave their TOP to compete.

If we want to play pinball, too, then it'll be another couple years to turn the roster around. How's that wait sound, Chief?

Lastly... How can you say "ALL" when last I looked KF is not leading our drafts or FA signings.

Wanna make a splash... stick to the kiddie pool.

Wanna dish with the adults, listen more... assert less.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Orion said:

Some teams run with the pass...little 4 yard passes.  We run with the run.  And that's fine....as long as we can pass when we have to pass.  And we 'should' be able to pass with OBJ, Landry, Hooper, Njoku, Schwartz, Felton and Higgins on the team.  (key word being 'should')  

the browns under stefanski have never really been able to pass when the other team knows its pass.  that is not how the offense is designed. its a front running offense with a playaction passing game. 

that doesnt work when its under 2 min and the other team knows you are throwing.

On 10/29/2021 at 1:08 AM, Soju said:

Baker isn't doing ANYTHING in this conservative dink and dunk offense Stefanski has installed.

He ruined WR Stefon Diggs in Minnesota until he left for Buffalo to become a pro bowl-type receiver.  He is ruining OBJ now.  The guy just doesn't like the pass game.  He has installed this 1991 archaic offense of running the ball constantly instead of the upgraded 2021 passing attack of today's NFL. 

Look at baker when we spread the offense and let him throw indiscriminately.  He balls out.  Stefanski in Minnesota made Kirk Cousins regress (now Cousins is doing better without him), and now Baker--not to mention the WRs. OPEN UP AND SPREAD THE OFFENSE AND GUN SLING -- THAT'S HOW YOU SET UP BAKER TO WIN.  Otherwise Baker should leave, because Stefanski is killing his value.  

In 2019 when Stefanski was coordinator for the Vikings Diggs caught 63 balls for 1130 yards with 6 TD’s in 15 games. His YPC was 17.9 which is the highest in his career by a large margin. I’m Buffalo first 2 seasons his YPC was 12.1 and 12.5.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EastSideDawg said:

the browns under stefanski have never really been able to pass when the other team knows its pass.  that is not how the offense is designed. its a front running offense with a playaction passing game. 

that doesnt work when its under 2 min and the other team knows you are throwing.

This is a valid critique of Stefanski's offense and of Baker Mayfield.

Then again, it is also a valid critique of Baltimore's offense and Lamar Jackson. 

I wish the coach would take note and understand that 3 points is better than no points. How many times did we go for it on 4th down deep inside the Opp territory only to get sacked?  How many times? It is more than a few. This is not the game to be doing any of that kind of shit here and no "cute" end around plays either but also have we even thrown any deep passes this season? This is week 8 and we have a total of 3 td passes to wr, (not counting TE or RB. We need to step up our game or we wont even sniff the post season. 

• Like 1

Were you talking to Tomlin? LOL...

Only thing worse than not making it on 4th with your Offense is asking your Kicker to QB... :D

And we dented their Kicker...

On 10/29/2021 at 4:46 AM, Zombo said:

I feel like I'm in an alternate universe. 

Z

i think the clowns are in an alternate universe.....what a shitasss performance today........they got the shit beat out of them by the stoolers....particularly on the ol....score was close but it was no indication as to what took place on the field today.....hey how bout odelli beckham....another odelli typical day....1 catch for 5 yds.....pfffffffft heheheheeee....

4 hours ago, Browns fan 1977 said:

I wish the coach would take note and understand that 3 points is better than no points. How many times did we go for it on 4th down deep inside the Opp territory only to get sacked?  How many times? It is more than a few. This is not the game to be doing any of that kind of shit here and no "cute" end around plays either but also have we even thrown any deep passes this season? This is week 8 and we have a total of 3 td passes to wr, (not counting TE or RB. We need to step up our game or we wont even sniff the post season. 

playoffs.....playoffs.....what.....playoffs......

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

Um OK- Stefanski wins Coach of the Year... And since we're not 6-1 or 7-0, all of a sudden he sucks. Yeah right. Some folks are never going to be happy. 

the steelers put a hurtin on our ol....they stuffed the run.....and we don't have really good receivers as the stats will tell you that.....we have wideouts that fumble the ball...landry.....we have wideouts that are slow....higgins.....what happened to schwartz....oh yeah...and good ole odelli  belchham....a good ole typical day for him...1 catch for 5 yds...oh wait...we only acquired him to stretch the field as per some board members say.....how's that workin out......yeah....we need him on he field to strech out the d......hmmmmm....and the d....do we have any interceptions this yr....by anyone....i guess its a race to the finish line with td receptions by our wr's and int's by our d...for last place....aye yi yi....

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Orion said:

doesn't seem like that is happening....

22 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I suppose several of you are not factoring in injuries and staffing on field. It’s kind of like criticizing a race car for not running at top speed when it’s going on 3 tires and 6/8 cylinders.  When Baker is healthy with a healthy line if we don’t take shots perhaps I’ll listen. 

No shots.. Nothing explosive. Pathetic. 

We're pathetic. Other than the Stanton TD last week, can anyone remember the last time we even threw a ball into the end zone? Cause that's where you score points I've been told. 

3 hours ago, browns52 said:

the steelers put a hurtin on our ol....they stuffed the run.....and we don't have really good receivers as the stats will tell you that.....we have wideouts that fumble the ball...landry.....we have wideouts that are slow....higgins.....what happened to schwartz....oh yeah...and good ole odelli  belchham....a good ole typical day for him...1 catch for 5 yds...oh wait...we only acquired him to stretch the field as per some board members say.....how's that workin out......yeah....we need him on he field to strech out the d......hmmmmm....and the d....do we have any interceptions this yr....by anyone....i guess its a race to the finish line with td receptions by our wr's and int's by our d...for last place....aye yi yi....

Coulda, shoudla had one today. Forgot which DB it was but Bens pass hit him right in the hands.

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

Coulda, shoudla had one today. Forgot which DB it was but Bens pass hit him right in the hands.

It was Delpit. But the linebacker ran in front and tipped it. No clue who the Rapist was throwing that to on that play. Was on a silver platter. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/30/2021 at 11:59 PM, hoorta said:

Um OK- Stefanski wins Coach of the Year... And since we're not 6-1 or 7-0, all of a sudden he sucks. Yeah right. Some folks are never going to be happy. 

On 10/31/2021 at 3:38 PM, browns52 said:

..they stuffed the run...

I feel the need to grade the OL... busy day tomorrow but maybe Wed/Thurs I'll have time to generate some data.

On 10/31/2021 at 9:45 PM, hx214 said:

It was Delpit. But the linebacker ran in front and tipped it. No clue who the Rapist was throwing that to on that play. Was on a silver platter. 

Can somebody make an effing PLAY? I mean, can we get a freaking turnover? Can we maybe jump on a fumble? Myles Garrett has 10.5 sacks, wouldn't you think he'd ACCIDENTALLY cause an effing fumble? His sack against Big Ben was the perfect example. Ben didn't see him at all and didn't have the ball secured. He was holding it just under his chest and Myles didn't even take a swipe at it. 

I don't know what to tell you. All I know is NOBODY makes plays. Austin Hooper drops a potential TD pass on the first drive. Yes, it was high, but so what? It's the NFL! The ball was between both of his hands! Pittsburgh rookie TE makes an unbelievable catch on 4th and goal from the 12 yard line. But we can't catch a ball that's high? 

Baker missed Njoku on a deep TD opportunity. For those of you who didn't see it, it's the play where Baker got hit late out of bounds with no call (obviously) and got up and made that dramatic first down signal. Watch on the left side and Njoku breaks free from Schobert with no safety help. Baker doesn't throw it. Again. 

Speaking of Schobert, he's the one who stripped Jarvis of the ball at around the Pittsburgh 20 yard line. Yes, THAT Joe Schobert. The guy who who hasn't done anything the last 2 years won the game for the Steelers. Do we have anyone who can strip the ball? How was that NOT Baker's moment? We're down 5, he drives us all the way down the field with no running game, we get the ball to the 20 but NOPE! Jarvis fumbles it. I don't get it. Nine of this makes sense. 

How does OBJ get 1 target? And don't give me this bullcrap about double-teams. You think Deondre Hopkins doesn't see that? You think HE gets one target? What the heck is going on? 

Also, in the last 3 games, there's been EIGHT fumbles and we've recovered ZERO of them. For the season, the Browns are recovering 31% of fumbles on defense. That would be good for LAST in the league last year if that stat doesn't change. 

How does Njoku only have 3 catches? Harrison Bryant 2? How do you have 6 drops in the biggest game of the year? How do you lose a game against a team with no kicker for an entire half? 

Nobody has any answers. Analysts, coaches, players...nobody knows. It's past the weird stage and full into the bizarre category. All I know is Baker can't throw TDs, he never throws into the end zone, our players are choking, and we can't pick up a 4th down conversion. 

We have one team remaining on our schedule with a record under .500, and that's the Lions who will likely beat us. Who are we going to beat? And I hate to say this, but there are zero qb's in this draft, so either it's Baker or or we're going with an Andy Dalton type. 

We're 4-4, and a few years ago that would have been AMAZING, but now it's cause for alarm and we're stuck wondering who we can beat the entire rest of the year. 

On 10/30/2021 at 11:59 PM, hoorta said:

I finally watched the Denver game that I recorded while in England. It was a gutsy performance by a heavily banged up team. I think few on the board are seriously understanding how banged up we really are. After watching OBJ limp very slowly off the field near the end, I am not surprised by the low number of targets the following game. He is not being a slacker. He's trying to do what the team needs from him against a very difficult defense to beat in Pitt. His speed and cutting ability is what makes him special. Right now he has neither and that makes him easy to cover compared to the norm.

Bunch of spoiled whiny fans around here. Try to appreciate what we have as they all start to heal up some.

• Upvote 1

On 10/31/2021 at 12:59 AM, hoorta said:

Those things aren't mutually exclusive. Stefanski absolutely earned that COTY award. We beat Minnesota, in large part, because he called an offense that worked around Baker's inability to go deep. 

The locker room is apparently fractured over who does and doesn't trust Baker. Baker was lights out for the second half of last season, and the windows he hit on long balls in the KC game were surgical. I do not buy the take that Baker is simply a bad QB. However, his play has been piss poor since week 2 of this season, so I have to ask "What changed?" Well, he tore his labrum that week and injured it further a few weeks later. He needs to swallow his pride, get his surgery, and ride the pine so he can come back better next year.

Cohesion of the locker room is ultimately the responsibility of Stefanski. Coach assured everyone that Baker's play was not affected by the injury and continued to play him, which has cost us games. And now we have OBJ's dad posting videos of how much he thinks Baker sucks and Lebron calling on the Browns to free OBJ. This is a leadership disaster. Is this ALL Stefanski's fault like OP said? No. Baker's gunshy. Our receivers can't catch. Our defense is swiss cheese. We create too many penalties. Stefanski, for all of his accolades, hasn't done a good job leading the team this year. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Hempman said:

Stefanski wants a run first offense with wr's who run precise routes and a qb that precisely goes through their progressions, fast. I see a problem.

With Baker being the QB in said system, or OBJ being a WR in said system, or (EGADS!) both?

33 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Wonder why all these national media outlets think he is in the same category as those other WR's?

Watch Berry's press conference he said something that stuck out. "The Offense is set up to throw and take advantages of the miss matches. That why we have so many different receivers that get the ball and why each game has different leading receivers" 

My feeling after hearing that and seeing Berry pay the guy 7.5 million to play against him the rest of the year is he doesn't think Beckham is anywhere close to tier one.

On 10/31/2021 at 7:57 AM, EastSideDawg said:

Believe it or not, just click on the link above that says "Watch on YouTube" and it will still work.  Watch what happens in 66 seconds vrs Cincy with no timeouts remaining. 

5 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Believe it or not, just click on the link that says watch on youtube and it will still work.  Watch what happens in 66 seconds with no timeouts remaining.  Not that it will prevent anyone from thinking what the national media that never watches Cleveland play is them.

I don't know man. This team has no magic. We haven't stopped a team on 4th down in 100 years and it feels like we screw up every 4th down WE have on offense. We scored 10 effing points in the biggest game of the year against our biggest rival. At HOME. Oh yeah, a d they didn't have a freaking kicker for an entire half. GTFOH!

Ok...deep breath. But seriously, what's changed? Do people still remember our QB is struggling AND injured? Do you people REALLY believe our team is better without OBJ? I never saw him quit. I always saw him blocking, running hard, breaking open, and playing HURT. Did he have a few bad drops? He sure did. But guess what? Jarvis literally lost a game by HIMSELF by dropping multiple passes and fumbling. Jarvis also dropped a HUGE 3rd and 9 against the Broncos on a perfect back shoulder toss by Keenum. 

What's changed? How are we going to extend the field? Who is getting vertical? Please don't say Schwartz. Just don't. We operate our offense in a damn phone booth. EVERYTHING is within 10 yards. 

I love Baker and I know he's hurt, but we need him now.