THE BROWNS BOARD

This is ALL Stefanski's Fault. The Offense is what it is because of HIM

Soju

17 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I don't know man. This team has no magic. We haven't stopped a team on 4th down in 100 years and it feels like we screw up every 4th down WE have on offense. We scored 10 effing points in the biggest game of the year against our biggest rival. At HOME. Oh yeah, a d they didn't have a freaking kicker for an entire half. GTFOH!

Ok...deep breath. But seriously, what's changed? Do people still remember our QB is struggling AND injured? Do you people REALLY believe our team is better without OBJ? I never saw him quit. I always saw him blocking, running hard, breaking open, and playing HURT. Did he have a few bad drops? He sure did. But guess what? Jarvis literally lost a game by HIMSELF by dropping multiple passes and fumbling. Jarvis also dropped a HUGE 3rd and 9 against the Broncos on a perfect back shoulder toss by Keenum. 

What's changed? How are we going to extend the field? Who is getting vertical? Please don't say Schwartz. Just don't. We operate our offense in a damn phone booth. EVERYTHING is within 10 yards. 

I love Baker and I know he's hurt, but we need him now. 

but Jarvis is also playing banged up. and the lack of a true deep threat scaring defenses lets them play closeer to the los. Tighter windows. obj played hard, but only played for himself. If he can't be a star and be cool with his "brand", he pouts, whines and is a distraction. It is a serious indication of the problem - big plays by others, he doesn't care. Baker gets blasted at the sideline while playing injured and wearing a brace - he doesn't care. He just goes off by himself, no emotion. He was that way with the Giants.

If Peoples-Jones can play today - the heck with napoleon obj. I expect a big win today. This is a TEAM that bounces back really well, ....when healthy. I also expect Schwartz to start playing a bigger role. We'll see.

He did fine last year.  But Landry is a real team leader and player. obj is obsessed with himself. too bad.

Case is point - Dwayne Bowe said recently that the "Browns are ruining obj's brand". That tells you why Bowe signed a two year contract, but only lasted a year.

7 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I don't know man. This team has no magic. We haven't stopped a team on 4th down in 100 years and it feels like we screw up every 4th down WE have on offense. We scored 10 effing points in the biggest game of the year against our biggest rival. At HOME. Oh yeah, a d they didn't have a freaking kicker for an entire half. GTFOH!

Ok...deep breath. But seriously, what's changed? Do people still remember our QB is struggling AND injured? Do you people REALLY believe our team is better without OBJ? I never saw him quit. I always saw him blocking, running hard, breaking open, and playing HURT. Did he have a few bad drops? He sure did. But guess what? Jarvis literally lost a game by HIMSELF by dropping multiple passes and fumbling. Jarvis also dropped a HUGE 3rd and 9 against the Broncos on a perfect back shoulder toss by Keenum. 

What's changed? How are we going to extend the field? Who is getting vertical? Please don't say Schwartz. Just don't. We operate our offense in a damn phone booth. EVERYTHING is within 10 yards. 

I love Baker and I know he's hurt, but we need him now. 

I understand your concerns.  Here's my take. Wills is back and Hance is a better RT than Hudson at replacing Conklin for starters.  That's an improvement over watching Hance at LT and Hudson at RT.  

Keep in mind, a 17 game season isn't a quick sprint.  It's a marathon.  Didn't our 11-5 season include a loss to the Jets?  And didn't Cincy lose to the Jets after Rathousing Baltimore?

Did you watch the video I shared above?   It works if you read my directions below it.  Baker wasn't throwing to Jarvis or OBJ - he threw to Higgins and a very inexperienced DPJ for the game winning drive (w/no timeouts) punctuated by a TD.   That drive began with 66 seconds on the clock w/a 3 point deficit and ended with 11 seconds remaining and a 4 point lead. Both Cincy games were fun to watch last year.

FWIW, Baker sporting the injury you speak of - threw a Hail Mary Pass from his own 37 into the end zone to DPJ recently. 

If we're healthy enough to handle the edge in pass pro today, I'm not worried about who we will use as our deep threat.

We accomplished a lot of our 11-5 regular season plus a 48-37 playoff W without any superstars on the perimeter.  Landry played on a bad hip and OBJ was hit or miss until he got injured. The rest of the guys stepped up to the challenge and treated us to Make-It-Happensville.

Moving forward, let's see what this team is made of...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

What an appropriate way to end the week considering the name of this thread!  

The OLD Browns would have took it all as the perfect excuse to quit on the season.  Not these guys!  As we saw last year, they were dialed in and prepared to compete on both sides of the ball.  

• Upvote 2

On 11/7/2021 at 9:36 AM, Flugel said:

I saw the Magic! I saw the big plays, the sacks, the turnovers, and a team playing together. Breaking up passes, getting some LUCK finally, and a team that stayed together. Perhaps that OBJ release really did help. Right now we need DPJ to stay healthy and hope those turnovers keep coming. Totally different team. 

Let's GO. 

On 10/29/2021 at 4:59 AM, AP1 said:

Hahahahaha...isn't it the truth?

We were all so much better off as Browns' fans with the successes of such offensive revolutionaries as Freddie Kitchens, Hue Jackson, Rob Chudzinski, Pat Shurmur and Chris Palmer...

Success? Success? You can’t handle success!

Well maybe you can AP1, but some here clearly cannot. I mean a draw play on third and 10? Where was the line of scrimmage?

We just played the fucking game of our season and people are having difficulty handling that? Now do we have to follow up this coming Sunday? Absolutely!

but let’s at least wait until then and see what we put on the field.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I saw the Magic! I saw the big plays, the sacks, the turnovers, and a team playing together. Breaking up passes, getting some LUCK finally, and a team that stayed together. Perhaps that OBJ release really did help. Right now we need DPJ to stay healthy and hope those turnovers keep coming. Totally different team. 

Let's GO. 

41-16.  All Stefanski huh.   Ever feel dumb about a post title ?   Or choice of avatar picture...... just kidding.  :blush: 

Remember we just kid because we care, well most of the time.

GO BROWNS !

• Upvote 1

On 11/7/2021 at 8:36 AM, Flugel said:

I understand your concerns.  Here's my take. Wills is back and Hance is a better RT than Hudson at replacing Conklin for starters.  That's an improvement over watching Hance at LT and Hudson at RT.  

Keep in mind, a 17 game season isn't a quick sprint.  It's a marathon.  Didn't our 11-5 season include a loss to the Jets?  And didn't Cincy lose to the Jets after Rathousing Baltimore?

Did you watch the video I shared above?   It works if you read my directions below it.  Baker wasn't throwing to Jarvis or OBJ - he threw to Higgins and a very inexperienced DPJ for the game winning drive (w/no timeouts) punctuated by a TD.   That drive began with 66 seconds on the clock w/a 3 point deficit and ended with 11 seconds remaining and a 4 point lead. Both Cincy games were fun to watch last year.

FWIW, Baker sporting the injury you speak of - threw a Hail Mary Pass from his own 37 into the end zone to DPJ recently. 

If we're healthy enough to handle the edge in pass pro today, I'm not worried about who we will use as our deep threat.

We accomplished a lot of our 11-5 regular season plus a 48-37 playoff W without any superstars on the perimeter.  Landry played on a bad hip and OBJ was hit or miss until he got injured. The rest of the guys stepped up to the challenge and treated us to Make-It-Happensville.

Actual analysis what a concept.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Let's GO. 

3770A5FE-7DEE-4629-9284-55E491114290.png

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 12:41 PM, Soju said:

Stockholm syndrome is a real thing.  I guess now you know.  I'm sorry you like being tortured by this horrible play calling.

Stockholm syndrome, really ?  I didn't know that this was a psychiatrist couch or a Bruce Willis Christmas 🎄 flick.  :lol: 

Relax Ujos it's only a football game not an airplane hijacking.  Maybe I've found your problem:

From dictionary.com.  soju   No results found for soju.  :o

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Stockholm syndrome, really ?  I didn't know that this was a psychiatrist couch or a Bruce Willis Christmas 🎄 flick.  :lol: 

Relax Ujos it's only a football game not an airplane hijacking.  Maybe I've found your problem:

So let’s just assume it’s an acronym and figure out what it stands for.

this could be fun.

i’m gonna say S is for sod.

An old is for off

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

this could be fun.

An old is for off

I'm sure you saw me and Z going back and forth about the  Bengals game. My apprehension became a lot less after Ward's 99 yard pick six. Also mentioned to the boo birds the Browns are too talented a team to go winless. Play like we did yesterday, we're going  to win a lot of games. Our 2020 Coach of the year didn't start taking stupid pills this year either. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

this could be fun.

An old is for off

Stupid Offense Just for U ?   Too much ? 

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Soju is a Korean rice wine, similar to Saki.  Drank it a few times in Korea.  It will give you a bad hangover.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Soju is a Korean rice wine, similar to Saki.  Drank it a few times in Korea.  It will give you a bad hangover.

Right you are. :)  You learn something new every day...  

Chum Churum Original Soju

Hats off to Stefanski for getting the team to play the best game they have under his tenure, in all 3 phases of the game, at a time when the season was on the line. He still needs to do more about the lack of discipline on the team. The penalties we had were negated by takeaways, and we can't count on us getting that many every week. 

4 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

Hats off to Stefanski for getting the team to play the best game they have under his tenure, in all 3 phases of the game, at a time when the season was on the line. He still needs to do more about the lack of discipline on the team. The penalties we had were negated by takeaways, and we can't count on us getting that many every week. 

Lining up offsides seems to be a "point of emphasis" this year. the Bears got dinged for it a couple times tonight....  

16 hours ago, mjp28 said:

or a Bruce Willis Christmas 🎄 flick.  :lol: 

Was there more than one? Pretty sure Die Hard, a/k/a the ultimate Christmas movie, was more akin to Gunstockholm syndrome... What do you think, Hans?

Did you see what I did there? :D

Meh... not bad for 03:59 on zero sleep... and a bowl of egg whites... and a "BruspressoTM"

15 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

And just add some of this on rice with fried dog or snake bits and now were talking a real Phan Thiet, South Vietnam kind of meal!!  And yep, now that I found fish sauce from Phan Thiet where I spent my year, I ordered two bottles from Amazon. Smells really bad but tastes really great soaked into rice with baked flounder or redfish as the main course.

image.png.219ebbbec8168e8cdfe3017e2729dc2b.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Lining up offsides seems to be a "point of emphasis" this year. the Bears got dinged for it a couple times tonight....  

Lining up offsides is just baffling.

Its like when a team gets a delay of game on a punt or extra point... You don't even have to huddle for either! 😁

On 11/8/2021 at 11:56 AM, hoorta said:

My apprehension became a lot less after Ward's 99 yard pick six.

You and me and 1000's of other Browns devotees... Their opening drive looked  ridiculously easy up to the point where "Hospital Ward" fired up his ambulance.

The rubber band D is alive and well in "the Land"? Hoping so... giving Offenses you face chances to Eff up will drive you crazy, until it works. And it is the coming thing vs. the RPO/ ZBS combos. It's really about all the announcers talked about in the KC game the other nite... even the great Mahomes is not immune to the approach. An approach Cinci wold have been glad to force us into, but could not due to Baker bombing away,

first

image.thumb.png.08cda9c2a171d106990c0733e914a060.png

39 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And just add some of this on rice with fried dog or snake bits and now were talking a real Phan Thiet, South Vietnam kind of meal!!  And yep, now that I found fish sauce from Phan Thiet where I spent my year, I ordered two bottles from Amazon. Smells really bad but tastes really great soaked into rice with baked flounder or redfish as the main course.

image.png.219ebbbec8168e8cdfe3017e2729dc2b.png

So anchovy wine? That hurts the head... Hard pass here.

Had an anchovy once. Let a H.S. Friend and teammate talk me into adding them to our pizza at Cici"s in Parma. First bite the whole thing was dragged into my mouth... tI could not drink enough water fast enough to overcome the salty onslaught of my mouth. Nasty lil boogers... Gimme a good sardine or kipper snack or herring, but hold the anchovies...

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Had an anchovy once. Let a H.S. Friend and teammate talk me into adding them to our pizza at Cici"s in Parma. First bite the whole thing was dragged into my mouth... tI could not drink enough water fast enough to overcome the salty onslaught of my mouth. Nasty lil boogers... Gimme a good sardine or kipper snack or herring, but hold the anchovies...

:D Who can forget this J Giles song?  

This is the story of a young couple in Portland, Maine.
While waiting for her husband Don to return home from work, she reaches for
A can of anchovies. As she spreads the tiny fish across a piece of lettuce,
She notices a small note at the bottom of the can. Written on it is a
Telephone number. Curious, she dials, and is told, "Don't move, lady, we'll
Be right over." Placing the phone back on the hook, she turns to see three
Smartly dressed men standing in her kitchen doorway. Before she realizes
What is happening to her, she is rolled tightly in long sheets of cellophane,
Transported to an international airport, and placed on a waiting jet-liner.
All this being too much for her to comprehend, she passes out.
Upon awakening, she finds herself in a strange, foreign speaking nation
("Dalas nekcihc dna tihs nekcihc neewteb ecnereffid eht wonk ot suineg a
Ekat t'nseod ti."). Alone, fearing her escape impossible, she seeks comfort
In the arms of a confidential agent. With the trace of her kiss still warm
Upon his lips, he betrays her to the hands of three scientists who are
Engaged in diabolical, avant-garde experiments previously performed only on
Insects and other small, meaningless creatures. Using her as their subject,
They are delighted with the results. For the first time, a human being is
Transformed into a ("shhh... it's secret").
Meanwhile, back in Portland, Maine...
Her husband Don, now chain-smoking 40 packs of cigarettes a day, sits at a
Local bar and has a few beers with the regulars. Bored, everyone's
Attention turns to the television set that just hangs from the wall.
("Welcome to Bowling for Dollars"). Suddenly, crazy Al says, "S-say, Don,
There sure is something familiar about that bowling ball." To which a
Terrified Don replies, "Oh my God! That bowling ball! It's my wife!"
And the lesson we learn from this story is, next time you place your order,
Don't forget to say, "No anchovies please."

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And just add some of this on rice with fried dog or snake bits and now were talking a real Phan Thiet, South Vietnam kind of meal!!

I prefer my fried dog with Lo mein.

In the U.S. it’s called “Poodles & Noodles”.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

LOL-that there ain't no wine, but it is a great tasting sauce to put in your rice. And first pizza I had in my life was made by Italians in Venezuela and loaded with anchovies. Loved it right from the start, but can never find it here. Anyone claiming to be an Italian pizza place should have it available or they are just not real Italians. 🤗😊😋

horsefeathers. Anchovies are GREAT on pizza. When I was a kid, we used to take Ritz crackers, put some cream cheese on it, and top it with an anchovie.

really good stuff. Unless you don't like fermented extremely salty dead fish.

My friends would never let me have anchovies on the side, on a half, or even one or two pieces of pizza.

They always said they might crawl over to their side.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

horsefeathers. Anchovies are GREAT on pizza. When I was a kid, we used to take Ritz cracks, put some cream cheese on it, and top it with an achovie.

really good stuff. Unless you don't like fermented extremely salty dead fish.

My friends would never let me have anchovies on the side, on a half, or even one or two pieces of pizza.

They always said they might crawl over to their side.

My grandfather would eat cottage cheese with a soft boiled egg over it and sardines on the side....... good eats if you just try it !

You have to try something new once in awhile.  Bon appetit !

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL-that there ain't no wine, but it is a great tasting sauce to put in your rice. And first pizza I had in my life was made by Italians in Venezuela and loaded with anchovies. Loved it right from the start, but can never find it here. Anyone claiming to be an Italian pizza place should have it available or they are just not real Italians. 🤗😊😋

I like anchovies on a pizza.  You can get them up here at every mom and pop pizza place.  No one else in my family likes them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

All this talk of seafood makes me wanna barf!!!🤮🤮

🤗

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I like anchovies on a pizza.  You can get them up here at every mom and pop pizza place.  No one else in my family likes them.

Me and nickers think alike. I recently found out he's with me in that "if it came out of the water, I don 't eat it."  Since we're talking pizza- from my POV, another way to ruin a perfectly good pizza is to put banana peppers on it.  "But you can pick them off".  Sorry, that pepper juice has done it's damage and contaminated it.  :) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

🤗

Me and nickers think alike. I recently found out he's with me in that "if it came out of the water, I don 't eat it."  Since we're talking pizza- from my POV, another way to ruin a perfectly good pizza is to put banana peppers on it.  "But you can pick them off".  Sorry, that pepper juice has done it's damage and contaminated it.  :) 

The only possible way to destroy a pizza is putting pineapple on it. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1