THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈🟫⬜🟧Official Battle of Ohio Gameday Thread 🟧⬜🟫🏈

gumby73

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

One would hope so... it was never a question in my mind

Don't know why.. But this reminds me of Godfrey Cambridge and the movie "Watermelon Man"... Its freakin hilarious...

11 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Head to the Flat Iron.  Can't go wrong.

Is the Flat Iron in Cleveland? Lol

We opted for A Taste of Belgium, a rather nice regional chain here in Cincy that sort of melds Cincinnati with Belgium. Sorry, no Cincinnati style chili there, but you can get goetta and all kinds of fancy coffee drinks and a very healthy assortment of local and Belgian beer. Several of their dishes have waffles in them, but sorry, no pancakes for you pancake eating motherfuckers. 

What a fun game! Had some total nosebleed seats but l really liked the vantage point up there, and we had plenty of good company around us, and a gorgeous weather day to boot. Many of the Bengals fans were considerate hosts and opted to leave early so that it wasn’t so congested when we left. 

A9470945-B3F8-456E-8231-3EE8A180BC62.jpeg

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Such a needed W. The focus on offense and defense, minus some penalties, was clear. The whole team looked hungry.
Denzel Ward pick 6 changed the game. The secondary looks like it is coming together.

Time to go on a run.

I was talking to my Dad and he said the same thing, “I hope he doesn’t blow a hammy at the 20

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

DPJ > OBJ

Think just maybe you MU guy?  :)  He's making me forget about what's his name fast.  

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I'm having our chili with some Tabasco and sour cream after this game.    :D

Skyline is an abomination. If you want to replicate it...  Take some spaghetti and toss some mediocre chili with lots of beans on top- and then add some dried out shredded cheese to make it a 5 way.  

It's a local thing that I don't understand..  Their competitor is Gold Star "The taste will make you vomit."    

11 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

What a fun game! Had some total nosebleed seats but l really liked the vantage point up there, and we had plenty of good company around us, and a gorgeous weather day to boot. Many of the Bengals fans were considerate hosts and opted to leave early so that it wasn’t so congested when we left. 

A9470945-B3F8-456E-8231-3EE8A180BC62.jpeg

Happy belated Birthday ! IBB... Looks of a great scoring view !

Enjoy your Victory Monday Dawg !

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Think just maybe you MU guy?  :)  He's making me forget about what's his name fast.  

Skyline is an abomination. If you want to replicate it...  Take some spaghetti and toss some mediocre chili with lots of beans on top- and then add some dried out shredded cheese to make it a 5 way.  

It's a local thing that I don't understand..  Their competitor is Gold Star "The taste will make you vomit."    

Not MU. We aren't Missouri

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Skyline is an abomination

Everything that you can't eat unless you have a toilet available within 20 minutes is barely fit for human consumption. 

In competent kitchens, stew is how they use up meat that's about to be thrown out for going bad.

Homemade stew made from scratch, boiled down over the stove for hours, and put in the fridge overnight to let the fat separate so you can skim it off the top the next day before using [even if you also serve it over pasta with beans and minced onion and cheese] is really not even in the same zip code as skyline..

20 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Thank you 

Well I have to admit for an Ohio guy and BROWNS fan who happens to be U of M guy and a democrat you are a target here and handle it well.......maybe on some forums way more than others.

I will try to stay COMPLETELY  away from politics and religion here the two hot rails on almost ANY board or forum,  it was smart to put a specific forum for that talk here. So......

GO BROWNS are BUCKEYES !

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Yo, wait, are people shitting on Skyline? (No pun intended). 

How can you not like cheese coneys? Crazy. 

Well, some people apparently like it, or they would have gone out of business long ago. First off, it sort of looks like someone took a crap on a plate.  :D   I like spaghetti, chili is ok. But put lousy chili on lousy noodles? Bad idea.  

It's a local local thing... My wife is from Toledo, and Tony Paco's is revered there. I mean really- a chili dog? I wasn't all that impressed. I've come around to they're OK, but I sure wouldn't go out of my way to have one. BTW, if you're ever near Downtown Toledo, check out the original Paco's on Front Street. If nothing else, to peruse the autographed buns that decorate the walls. A who's who of politicians, athletes, and musicians. Jamie Farr (Klinger of MASH fame) gave them a national reputation.   

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I will literally fight people in public to defend Skyline Chili. Publix down here in Florida starting carrying it and I think I personally am the reason it keeps getting put back on the shelf. Thin chili isn't high on the list for Cuban and Caribbean people as it turns out.

31 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Well, some people apparently like it, or they would have gone out of business long ago. First off, it sort of looks like someone took a crap on a plate.  :D   I like spaghetti, chili is ok. But put lousy chili on lousy noodles? Bad idea.  

I agree, the spaghetti ain't it but all dang day on a hot dog.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Well I have to admit for an Ohio guy and BROWNS fan who happens to be U of M guy and a democrat you are a target here and handle it well.......maybe on some forums way more than others.

I will try to stay COMPLETELY  away from politics and religion here the two hot rails on almost ANY board or forum,  it was smart to put a specific forum for that talk here. So......

GO BROWNS are BUCKEYES !

I'm not a Democrat haha. I'm an independent that leans Dem. I just find the majority of the posters on the poli board to be morons.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm not a Democrat haha. I'm an independent that leans Dem. I just find the majority of the posters on the poli board to be morons.

Ah ha with all of the one side "seemingly"  not in your corner I just made you a democrat.

I was and pretty much an old die hard democrat  -but-  will crossover on occasion.   It comes with getting older and wiser.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Ah ha with all of the one side "seemingly"  not in your corner I just made you a democrat.

I was and pretty much an old die hard democrat  -but-  will crossover on occasion.   It comes with getting older and wiser.

Yeah that board is kind of like the phrase "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

4 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

I will literally fight people in public to defend Skyline Chili. Publix down here in Florida starting carrying it and I think I personally am the reason it keeps getting put back on the shelf. Thin chili isn't high on the list for Cuban and Caribbean people as it turns out.

I remember the first time I had it and thought it was absolutely delicious. The second time I had it, I thought it was absolutely disgusting. The difference was that I was shitfaced and it was the only place open at 1am when I had it the first time. You can put 3 pounds of shredded cheese on a turd and convince a shitfaced college student that it tastes good. Skyline is a disgrace, an affront to all that is good and decent, and worst of all, a black eye on the whole State of Ohio. The best food to come out of Cincinnati is Graeters. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

I remember the first time I had it and thought it was absolutely delicious. The second time I had it, I thought it was absolutely disgusting. The difference was that I was shitfaced and it was the only place open at 1am when I had it the first time. You can put 3 pounds of shredded cheese on a turd and convince a shitfaced college student that it tastes good. Skyline is a disgrace, an affront to all that is good and decent, and worst of all, a black eye on the whole State of Ohio. The best food to come out of Cincinnati is Graeters. 

Fight You GIFs | Tenor

34 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

IMG_0682.JPG

A good Michigan Man has spoken.... 

I met Rich at the Philly draft... Welcome Aboard Dawg! 

#loneW00f'em !

I like Rich Eisen.. He totally gets us!

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 12:52 PM, MLD Woody said:

Yo, wait, are people shitting on Skyline?

Yes.  Shitting on Skyline because their shit is shit.

On 11/8/2021 at 4:02 PM, jrb12711 said:

I will literally fight people in public to defend Skyline Chili.

Nobody fights the guy who's mid-shit.. That's a different matter entirely!

Skyline uses cheap meat that's borderline rancid.. thus it runs through very quickly.  For the same reason, I haven't been to McDonalds in nearly 20 years.  True, buying the day-old [or just low-grade] stuff from the wholesaler does make their raw materials cheaper.. but once you realize you can cook your own meat to taste better, cost less [by volume], and get done with cooking faster than a drive to the restaurant.. you avoid those places.  Most "fast food" is pretty similar.. 

Sure, skyline's spices are somewhat decent -- but I recommend the black label reserve as a starter example of a spice mix that tastes better.  Next is of course to make one yourself, but that is a bit more time-consuming.  It is possible my spice tolerance is a bit higher.. i down 20 wings of the bw3 carolina reaper sauce without feeling anything..

Buy meat in bulk on sale.. I just got 15 pounds of top sirloin steaks for $3.99/lb.. cheaper than what you'd pay for the equivalent amount of meat at Skyline -- and sirloin is miles better than whatever prison-grade "beef" they use at Skyline.

Pro tip: Use the broil function of your stove to cook it medium-rare.  Heat the stove to broil with your broiling rack inside before adding the meat.  If it's the spices you like.. pat the steak dry and add a rub before putting it on the rack.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/8/2021 at 4:02 PM, jrb12711 said:

Thank you! I dig it with the spaghetti, but yeah, it’s great on a chili dog and great over french fries too. 

And since you mentioned Publix, imo Publix brand pancake mix is the best pancake mix. I buy a few boxes and smuggle that shit whenever l’m far enough south to be near a Publix. 

6 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Yes.  Shitting on Skyline because their shit is shit.

Nobody fights the guy who's mid-shit.. That's a different matter entirely!

Skyline uses cheap meat that's borderline rancid.. thus it runs through very quickly.  For the same reason, I haven't been to McDonalds in nearly 20 years.  True, buying the day-old [or just low-grade] stuff from the wholesaler does make their raw materials cheaper.. but once you realize you can cook your own meat to taste better, cost less [by volume], and get done with cooking faster than a drive to the restaurant.. you avoid those places.  Most "fast food" is pretty similar.. 

Sure, skyline's spices are somewhat decent -- but I recommend the black label reserve as a starter example of a spice mix that tastes better.  Next is of course to make one yourself, but that is a bit more time-consuming.  It is possible my spice tolerance is a bit higher.. i down 20 wings of the bw3 carolina reaper sauce without feeling anything..

Buy meat in bulk on sale.. I just got 15 pounds of top sirloin steaks for $3.99/lb.. cheaper than what you'd pay for the equivalent amount of meat at Skyline -- and sirloin is miles better than whatever prison-grade "beef" they use at Skyline.

Pro tip: Use the broil function of your stove to cook it medium-rare.  Heat the stove to broil with your broiling rack inside before adding the meat.  If it's the spices you like.. pat the steak dry and add a rub before putting it on the rack.

Regarding "Fast Food" most of it (McDonald's et al) wont kill you if you're in the mood for a quick burger- but those prices are getting damn disgusting, bordering on criminal- pushing $5 bucks for a Bic Mac or a Whopper.  Though one place that's appropriately named is Rally's.  Their burgers WILL rally right on through you.  

If you got sirloin for $4 bucks a pound- good for you. Beef is my go to red meat, and the prices have jumped at least 30% of late...