THE BROWNS BOARD

Masks update.

Westside Steve

We wear them in every store. My Wife's best friend died of covid last year, several people got it, kids got it, neighbor got it this week....

(she teaches)..she was vaccinated. Temp of 101...really terrible headaches. Bronchitis...didn't get quite sick enough to go to the emergency room. Two tests verified it. I dropped off an extra test on their porch......

I went to the drugstore for some things she needed....

it's still out there. I still use a paper towel on fuel pump handles....and hand sanitizer is also a habit. Over 3000 new cases in one day sometime the past week or so....

and now, it has been PROVEN that the virus was dna "gain of function" modified. In communist rotten china.

in that lab. Part of the FUNDING was by a company in NY. with Fauci being a LIAR about it.

and that communist dangerous china COVERED IT UP. SO DID FAUCI - he LIED TO CONGRESS.

so, it's dangerous to a lot of folks, just be careful out there.

4,000 miles out west and back - being careful worked fine for us.

Take care.

Only if required by law.

we’ve been shown over and over how masks do jack shit to stop the spread.

when I see people wearing masks I see broken, beat down, and scared.

past week I’ve worn a mask in airport, urgent care, almost everywhere inside in California.  I still have my original mask 😷 smells like fried chicken…. I couldn’t find a napkin one day. Lol

• Upvote 1

the problem with masks and covid still spreading is...

people don't THINK.  Not washing hands etc...what good does a mask do?

I've seen people wearing masks below their nose. Hello? Is anybody home?

and even below their mouth sometimes, on their chin.

seriously?

Nothing. So when they get in their car, after spreading it again and again, with their mask off, it gets spread everywhere they go,

and they can get covid when they do take off their mask.

Hand sanitizer should be included in the routine. It's available in most stores at the entrance, but I keep seeing people NOT wearing masks and NOT using hand sanitizer. just not good.

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Just curious if anybody is still voluntarily wearing a mask and where and when? I personally don't unless I have to but when I do I don't bitch.

WSS

Me and the wife drove to Columbus yesterday to visit her Japanese food market.  Masks there are required to enter stores, unlike the Cleveland area.  Found that odd.  I had to take a piss bad, and went in without a mask.  Everyone gave me a dirty look but didn't say anything.

39 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Me and the wife drove to Columbus yesterday to visit her Japanese food market.  Masks there are required to enter stores, unlike the Cleveland area.  Found that odd.  I had to take a piss bad, and went in without a mask.  Everyone gave me a dirty look but didn't say anything.

That is strange. The only places I find them required our medical facilities around here. No supermarkets no big box stores nothing. There are of course a very small number of people wearing them.

WSS

My work has us wearing a mask when unable to social distance. I wear a mask at other times too, just to not take it on and off again. 

I put on a mask when ordering food at a subway or chipotle since they already have hundreds of people breathing on them.

I wear a mask if the place I'm in has people wearing masks already.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

My work has us wearing a mask when unable to social distance. I wear a mask at other times too, just to not take it on and off again. 

I put on a mask when ordering food at a subway or chipotle since they already have hundreds of people breathing on them.

I wear a mask if the place I'm in has people wearing masks already.

I don't like the mask thing, but it's a responsible choice. We do it for ourselves, for others we are around. and the hand sanitizer - we use it a lot. It works.  Just wish we could be done with this covid crap. A lady online was talking about it - her son died from covid while hiking and camping on a mountain trail in Alaska. Too far from medical help. It's still out there. A LOT of folks, young and old, are not wearing them. Their choice, but it seems to be very, very risky.

15 hours ago, hammertime said:

Your a moron.

The one time he had a decent post, I replied decently. go figure.

it's what woodpeckers do. they just peck, no matter how stupidly.

Living in the ridiculous LA county of SoCal we are required to wear masks at certain places, but if I'm being 100% honest, I don't even know what those places are any more. The rules of the game change all of the time and I have far better things to do than try and keep up with the game masters.

I keep a mask in my truck and when I get out I put it in my pocket so I have it. I ask when I go into to somewhere if masks are required and if they are, I wear it without so much as an eye roll. If they are not required then I do not wear it.

I have a couple of rental homes about a 30 minute drive away in Kern country (a red county in a blue state) and when I drive out there to check on them, life looks 100% normal wherever I look..... Good to know the virus doesn't like to travel across county lines. 

On 11/18/2021 at 6:07 AM, hammertime said:

Only if required by law.

we’ve been shown over and over how masks do jack shit to stop the spread.

when I see people wearing masks I see broken, beat down, and scared.

past week I’ve worn a mask in airport, urgent care, almost everywhere inside in California.  I still have my original mask 😷 smells like fried chicken…. I couldn’t find a napkin one day. Lol

I like not getting the flu or getting sick.  Regardless of covid.  I usually get a bad bronchitis when the seasons change...mask has prevented that.

On 11/18/2021 at 7:41 AM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Sister in law was living in Columbus until a few weeks ago. I had to go and deal with that as well. I went into North Market and was met with frowny faces. I didn't know I needed one.

I don't wear a mask unless a business wants me to in which case their house, their rules. 

4 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Sister in law was living in Columbus until a few weeks ago. I had to go and deal with that as well. I went into North Market and was met with frowny faces. I didn't know I needed one.

I don't wear a mask unless a business wants me to in which case their house, their rules. 

I would have worn one had I known.  I didn't even have one in  the car.  The wife carries one all  the time.

Just now, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I would have worn one had I known.  I didn't even have one in  the car.  The wife carries one all  the time.

Same here. I found out Columbus had the rule when I was trying to get some Polish food and realized everyone was staring at me. It had nothing to do with me being ugly.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Same here. I found out Columbus had the rule when I was trying to get some Polish food and realized everyone was staring at me. It had nothing to do with me being ugly.

LOL

Masks are required at my job, but outside that and going to places that require them, I don't wear them. I've had COVID and have had two doses of the vaccine on top of that, so I just follow basic hygiene and let my immune system do it's thing. I also don't give other people shit for choosing to wear them, as some groups of people are more susceptible to having worse symptoms than others, but I'm not going to live my life in fear.

2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Masks are required at my job, but outside that and going to places that require them, I don't wear them. I've had COVID and have had two doses of the vaccine on top of that, so I just follow basic hygiene and let my immune system do it's thing. I also don't give other people shit for choosing to wear them, as some groups of people are more susceptible to having worse symptoms than others, but I'm not going to live my life in fear.

Wearing masks in situations where they aren't required doesn't mean "living your life in fear", unless I'm misunderstanding you. 

👍

have at it!  I’m not

gonna stink eye you.  I just worry about the long term effects of an entire population being duped.

I suppose if you follow every single

precaution and proper ppe policy it could be helpful(if your 70-80 and in bad health)

either way, it’s a stressful time for folks who don’t know who to believe and the mask helps them cope……hence broken.

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Just confirming what most people already believed…the face diapers don’t do much, if anything at all.