THE BROWNS BOARD

Masks update.

Westside Steve

26 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Just confirming what most people already believed…the face diapers don’t do much, if anything at all.

And even that tiny amount of benefit would 'depend' on using It properly at all times.😉

And since there's nothing to stop the virus from getting on your face eyes hair and hands...

WSS 

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

And do we really still have anti maskers around too?

Out of curiosity, what is the most scientifically legitimate study you can find that shows masks don't do anything?

Yes indeed. I believe that IF in fact you have an active and contagious case of covid (or any other  airborne  ailments) AND you PROPERLY wear a mask (that you change multiple times a day) AND  a face shield AND wash and sanitize your hands EVERY TIME   you touch any part of your body or ANYTHING  that ANYBODY   has touched or breathed on  you MIGHT impede transmission  by a small percent.

If you neglect ANY of those rules then your mask is just a symbol, like wearing a burka  or a superstitious amulet like a rabbit's foot.

AND  If you were one walking down the street riding a bicycle OR in your car etc  you are an idiot and deserve some amount of ridicule.  Of course being stupid is your own choice. Like wearing white clothing in hopes the reflective  nature will help protect you from a nuclear blast,  wearing a condom when you masturbate  or voting for Joe Biden.

Hope this helps.

WSS 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

A guy at work, younger than me, is on air in the hospital with covid

Two other guys at work around my age ended up in the hospital when they got Covid

All unvaccinated

Someone that I had Thanksgiving dinner with is now in the hospital with Covid.

He’s younger than me, and like me he’s been vaccinated.

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Yes indeed. I believe that IF in fact you have an active and contagious case of covid (or any other  airborne  ailments) AND you PROPERLY wear a mask (that you change multiple times a day) AND  a face shield AND wash and sanitize your hands EVERY TIME   you touch any part of your body or ANYTHING  that ANYBODY   has touched or breathed on  you MIGHT impede transmission  by a small percent.

If you neglect ANY of those rules then your mask is just a symbol, like wearing a burka  or a superstitious amulet like a rabbit's foot.

AND  If you were one walking down the street riding a bicycle OR in your car etc  you are an idiot and deserve some amount of ridicule.  Of course being stupid is your own choice. Like wearing white clothing in hopes the reflective  nature will help protect you from a nuclear blast,  wearing a condom when you masturbate  or voting for Joe Biden.

Hope this helps.

WSS 

Sure, but again, what is the most legitimate study you can provide that supports what you believe?

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Sure, but again, what is the most legitimate study you can provide that supports what you believe?

yet, you have not posted ANY link at all in this entire thread. Why don't YOU do your OWN research, and come up with a study that supports what you believe?

Answer: you don't believe in anything, except to sound like a know-it-all when you are a moron that does not research any of your anti-everything contentions.

Go peck yourself.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

yet, you have not posted ANY link at all in this entire thread. Why don't YOU do your OWN research, and come up with a study that supports what you believe?

Answer: you don't believe in anything, except to sound like a know-it-all when you are a moron that does not research any of your anti-everything contentions.

Go peck yourself.

Awe, you're all angry at me again for some reason. Just stop thinking about me.. please.

But cal, that isn't how the world works. You don't get to make big claims and then tell others it's on them to prove you wrong. That's at least not how any logical world works. If you're making a claim like the one I singled out then you should provide some proof. 

Or would you prefer something like this..

"Trump was Epstein's right hand man! He helped groom young girls with Maxwell. It was actually all Trump's idea!"

Don't believe it? Too bad. It's true. Do your own research. Find a link proving that none of that is true ... 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Frankly I have seen absolutely no legitimate study the disputes what I just said. And I don't think that you would seriously deny that anything that I said.

WSS 

29 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Awe, you're all angry at me again for some reason. Just stop thinking about me.. please.

Angry? We just don't think you're very funny or bright.

But cal, that isn't how the world works. You don't get to make big claims and then tell others it's on them to prove you wrong. That's at least not how any logical world works. If you're making a claim like the one I singled out then you should provide some proof. 

Or would you prefer something like this..

"Trump was Epstein's right hand man! He helped groom young girls with Maxwell. It was actually all Trump's idea!"

Don't believe it? Too bad. It's true. Do your own research. Find a link proving that none of that is true ... 

Absolutely no doubt Trump hung out with Epstein. If I were a bigger star I would have too.  

We know Bill Clinton certainly did and and maybe it's just rumor but it sure seems like there's a lot of suicides around Hillary's camp glorious camp. Wink wink

I can just about guarantee that if any of you lefties have ever been to a big rock and roll club or concert with a crowd of people there were underage girls somewhere and somebody fucked some of them.

Not that anybody that wines about it has Jack shit of an idea what really went on at Epstein's island. But I'm sure it fascinates those of you who never get any pussy anyway.

😉

WSS

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Awe, you're all angry at me again for some reason. Just stop thinking about me.. please.But cal, that isn't how the world works. You don't get to make big claims and then tell others it's on them to prove you wrong. That's at least not how any logical world works. If you're making a claim like the one I singled out then you should provide some proof. Or would you prefer something like this..

you know how the world works ? lol. I'm sure you FEEL you ARE the world. sad. and I don't think about you, I read your insipid, ignorant and pecker posts - and I respond. YOU don't support your claims.

You simply sit back and attack other's claims. I don't believe there is ANYTHING you really believe. You attack other's beliefs so you can look superior in some birdnest way.

The list of what you challenge is long. The list of what you believe, is blank. Hence, the "pecking" analogy. and you are the board's woodpecker. It's what you do,  IOW's, you stake your beakness upon what you refuse to believe in. You never need to support nothing, so there ya go.

10 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Meaning you don't disagree.

WSS 

With your original post? No I very much disagree. Masks are effective at reducing the spread of the virus. It's common sense and backed by numerous studies. Masks don't need to block 100% of the spread to be effective considering wearing one is damn near the easiest thing anyone could do. 

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

With your original post? No I very much disagree. Masks are effective at reducing the spread of the virus. It's common sense and backed by numerous studies. Masks don't need to block 100% of the spread to be effective considering wearing one is damn near the easiest thing anyone could do. 

Common  sense. 

👍😄😄😄

WSS 

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Common  sense. 

👍😄😄😄

WSS 

Yep, common sense. 

But there are also posters on this board that apparently believe highways are more expensive per mile than high speed rail, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Here is one study looking at results in Kansas

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2781283

There are more out there. 

Social distancing and hand washing help too. Surgical masks are better than cloth masks. People can still wear them wrong. Right, yes, got it. None of that changes the fact that wearing cloth masks can still help reduce the spread of the virus. 

I wonder what countries like south Korea think of our anti mask talk...

Just now, MLD Woody said:

Yep, common sense. 

But there are also posters on this board that apparently believe highways are more expensive per mile than high speed rail, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Here is one study looking at results in Kansas

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2781283

There are more out there. 

Social distancing and hand washing help too. Surgical masks are better than cloth masks. People can still wear them wrong. Right, yes, got it. None of that changes the fact that wearing cloth masks can still help reduce the spread of the virus. 

I wonder what countries like south Korea think of our anti mask talk...

Oh well I guess you're free to wear it whenever and however you want. If you think the guidelines I posted are insane do whatever makes you feel good.

WSS

Just now, Westside Steve said:

Oh well I guess you're free to wear it whenever and however you want. If you think the guidelines I posted are insane do whatever makes you feel good.

WSS

Unfortunately this isn't an individual thing. This whole pandemic has never been about "just do whatever you think feels right". Our American need for individualism and freedom is great in many instances, and not in others. This is one. Decisions one makes about mask wearing, for instance, doesn't just affect them. It affects everyone around them. 

What is sad, is politically oriented assumptions from facts.

13 states with most vaccinations.... doing worst with covid.

But what does it mean?

Getting vaccinated all too often leads to refusing to wear the masks anymore. and stopping the use of hand sanitzer.

and not being careful to use a paper towel with gas pumps, etc etc.

Which, inevitably leads to the spread of covid.

It doesn't mean "vaccinations don't work" dammit.

It doesn't mean "masks don't work: dammit.

it doesn't mean "hand sanitizer when you go out": doesn't work. dammit.

etc.

16 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Unfortunately this isn't an individual thing. This whole pandemic has never been about "just do whatever you think feels right". Our American need for individualism and freedom is great in many instances, and not in others. This is one. Decisions one makes about mask wearing, for instance, doesn't just affect them. It affects everyone around them. 

Sorry Woody until you guys can put together and enforceable  and constitutional 24/7 mask mandate it actually is your choice in most places.

I don't think the risk is high enough to warrant that but I assume we're just going to continue to disagree about that.

Again wear one whenever you like. I think there's a reason you avoid my point that the vast majority of the few people that I see wearing them aren't wearing them properly anyway. 

But all the stores or at least most will still deliver your stuff to your house.

WSS