THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Browns at Packers Game Thread

Dutch Oven

Just now, tiamat63 said:

You wanted him to challenge receivers, turns out you're facing one of the best in the NFL at the point of contact.  That's what you draw when you challenge receivers and pressure.

At this point you're just bitching now.

You don’t have a rookie covering Adams 1 on 1. That will never work

Just now, tiamat63 said:

You wanted him to challenge receivers, turns out you're facing one of the best in the NFL at the point of contact.  That's what you draw when you challenge receivers and pressure.

At this point you're just bitching now.

Sending an all out blitz and leaving a rookie practice squad player on the best WR/QB combo in the league is just beyond stupid. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Browns149 said:

You don’t have a rookie covering Adams 1 on 1. That will never work

Just now, jrb12711 said:

Sending an all out blitz and leaving a rookie practice squad player on the best WR/QB combo in the league is just beyond stupid. 

You make the call, your defense has to adjust per formation.  This is the issue with facing a team like GB, they move Davonte all over the formation to get away from your best DB's.   This has been a theme for the entirety of the time that Rodgers has been throwing to DA.   Running Adams at the #3 gives him favorable matchups if he doesn't draw some type of bracket.

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

You make the call, your defense has to adjust per formation.  This is the issue with facing a team like GB, they move Davonte all over the formation to get away from your best DB's.   This has been a theme for the entirety of the time that Rodgers has been throwing to DA.   Running Adams at the #3 gives him favorable matchups if he doesn't draw some type of bracket.

Why not have Ward cover him no matter he lines up

Just now, tiamat63 said:

So you'd have Rookie lacounte out on the perimeter playing CB against Lazard with even more space to get beat?

I’d rather have ward on adams

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

And I get that. But the browns can also scheme against what they know is coming. And no matter how you slice it, that scheme is fucking stupid. 

1 minute ago, Browns149 said:

I’d rather have ward on adams

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

And I get that. But the browns can also scheme against what they know is coming. And no matter how you slice it, that scheme is fucking stupid. 

Oh, so you knew Davante was going to be playing at the #3 and not #1, Z or the slot?     Somehow you knew that before the Browns made the call and before the Packers even broke the huddle? What if they ended up getting a motion to that #3 as well?   

Neither of you are thinking this through.  There are counters to that, but those counters aren't having Lecounte in man-zero.   Just so happens that's what Green Bay caught us in that down.  Chances you see it again are slim to none.

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Oh, so you knew Davante was going to be playing at the #3 and not #1, Z or the slot?     Somehow you knew that before the Browns made the call and before the Packers even broke the huddle? What if they ended up getting a motion to that #3 as well?   

Neither of you are thinking this through.  There are counters to that, but those counters aren't having Lecounte in man-zero.   Just so happens that's what Green Bay caught us in that down.  Chances you see it again are slim to none.

Which is why I’m telling you that running the blitz and being in man zero in the first place was stupid. Also, yeah maybe I don’t know that but I’m not a defensive coordinator who gets paid millions of dollars to spend weeks not putting practice squad players against a top 3 WR in the league.