THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Browns at Packers Game Thread

Dutch Oven

another chapter in the book of....

"Life as a Browns fan"

ya can't keep pointing fingers at others without pointing them at yourself 

4 quarters... 60 minute game

want a plan?

a) draft a WR high... b) Trade for saints Micheal Thomas c) Pay Russ/ D.Watson or Matt Ryan..

Merry Christmas !  🎄

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Some folks are saying the cure is Desean Watson. You can encapsulate the difference between Baker and Aaron Rodgers in a couple of plays. Browns call a cover zero blitz, and Rodgers calmly tosses a TD.  Packers blitz Baker and knock us out of FG range.  

The bottom line is... IF Baker plays a clean game, we're 8-7, not 7-8.  It's just that simple. 

Baker Head down stumbles in the pocket when he feels any pressure. I’m over it.  He Ain’t it.  Thank you for helping us dig out of an 0-16 hole. 

But  He can’t read defenses and process coverage quickly enough at this level. And he’s wildly inconsistent with ball placement.  

Couple plays?  you are being way too kind. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

another chapter in the book of....

"Life as a Browns fan"

ya can't keep pointing fingers at others without pointing them at yourself 

4 quarters... 60 minute game

want a plan?

a) draft a WR high... b) Trade for saints Micheal Thomas c) Pay Russ/ D.Watson or Matt Ryan..

Merry Christmas !  🎄

I’m on board.

and don’t be afraid to trade draft picks.  

33 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Wonder if Kev took note that when he pushed the ball down field the box opens up to gash with his run game 

No NFL team shuts down Nick Chubb as effectively as Kevin Stefanski.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Yep, feels like the good ole Browns again. How I missed that feeling of having my heart torn out,  stomped on,  and then set on fire. 

Seems like they are getting even more creative at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Except, they did it the exact opposite than they did last week. 

Also,  I am thoroughly convinced the NFL hates the Browns. I don't find it a coincidence that the Browns are always on the losing end of bad/missed calls.

Today is a day of giving and Baker and the Browns were sure in the giving mood today.

13 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Interesting Stats

ESPN quoted the "Bad Throw%" stat from that link [click on accuracy, sort by bad%] in their summary of the game.

I'm surprised he is his only the 4th worst at off target passes.

What I don't understand is how he can miss those 5-8 yard throws so poorly and throw that dime to DPJ down the field, double covered and hit the guy in the only place the ball could go... Wtf?

The only thing to say, for sure, is that that 4th INT was bullshit. Baker didn’t throw a bad ball there- DPJ literally got pulled backward and the Packers DB used that as momentum for the INT. That ball was honestly in a good spot, absolute trash missed call.

not defending the man, though. Not running the ball with three timeouts at the 50 there is extremely poor coaching, way worse than anything done on the field today.

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

The only thing to say, for sure, is that that 4th INT was bullshit. Baker didn’t throw a bad ball there- DPJ literally got pulled backward and the Packers DB used that as momentum for the INT. That ball was honestly in a good spot, absolute trash missed call.

not defending the man, though. Not running the ball with three timeouts at the 50 there is extremely poor coaching, way worse than anything done on the field today.

While it was poor coaching at the end for sure.
The first 3 picks were WAY worse. Those are throws you expect a rookie to make. Not a guy in his 61st NFL game

This board will be a treat next Sunday if the Browns lose to the Steelers again. 

I'm not even thinking playoffs/division title at this point. 

All I want is for the Browns to ruin Ben's final game in Pittsburgh. I want that so fucking bad. 

Baker wasn't great yesterday.  But he's been away from the team for quite a while.  Pretty much walking in from the street, putting on his uniform and playing....after 2 weeks away.  - Timing wasn't spot on.  Did he throw his normal TOO HIGH bullet?  Yes, and it got picked.  Did he throw behind receivers, yup.  Did he have 3 backups to the backups on the OL?  (and that's gotta be in the back of your mind somewhere while in the pocket)  He's got 2 more games to be watched.

I don't have any real problems with the play calling.  He had to back up the defense to open up the run.  

12 hours ago, Orion said:

Backups starting all over field…on both sides of the ball.  And still almost beat the Packers.

It’s been a tough season.  But not a shameful one.

yep. Here's what I think.The Browns need a "Devonta Adams. They don't have one. They need their offensive line starters, didn't have them. What ? Bitonio had to play LT, backup Dunn? at Lg, Harris at Center (first start), They DID have Teller (who falsely got called for illegal motion at a critical time), and they had Hance at Rt.

So, the Browns battlled like they were trying to save earth from Darth Vader and the rest. I was proud of them. Baker still playing hurt, has a few misthrows here and there...... Landry fell down and it was a pick, was a good throw by Baker.

Another int that lost the game for the Browns......was Peoples-Jones being totally interfered with/held NO CALL. THAT has to be investigated. What the )(*&&?

It isn't just me:

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/browns-packers-no-call-pass-intereference/95-6ac59e7b-d97e-49cc-90a3-dcddbcb51aae

Watch: Controversial no-call seals Cleveland Browns' loss to Green Bay Packers

Something is going on with Case Keenum - or Baker should have just gotten surgery.... but the Browns don't have a star #1 WR.

Actually, the Browns had a few minutes more of offense possesion. Even playing hurt with a shoulder broken, Baker outpassed Rodgers in yardage. Baker - 222 yards, Rodgers 202.

Baker's yards per pass attempt: 6.2. Rodgers: 5.9

The Browns made 58% of their 3rd Downs. Packers - only 30%

Devonta Adams had 10 receptions. The Browns top wr, Higgins - who is really good against zone coverage, had five.

SO...

with Baker getting sacked five times, Rodgers doesn't get sacked once, but Garrett was in pain trying to play and Clowney out, Harrison and Newsome and Johnson were OUT...

and the Browns lost a low scoreing game by two points.

reaching for a different quarterback is baloney. Most teams the Browns play have star #1 Wr's. If I were deciding for the Browns...

Wr would be the #1 priority. The Browns have to upgrade the wr position.  I think they will draft two this upcoming draft. The Browns have not paid attention to the wr group for years. Peoples-Jones - 6th round. Scwartz - 3rd round. that's it. The Browns need a serious star #1 wr. Landry is good, but draws way too much attention, Schwartz doesn't play a play but rarely, but did a great job on his TD pass and  end-a-around.

For example - the Eagles gave up on Carson Wentz. poor wr group. Carson Wentz is starring with the Colts.

The Eagles drafted Hurts, qb, in the second round in 2020. 2021 - they realized wr was the problem, so they drafted Devonta Smith, wr, tenth overall.

The Colts have Michael Pittman, 2nd round star wr, 34th overall pick. Colts just beat Washington  - Wentz is still Wentz, Colts seem to be going to the playoffs.

FINAL NOTES: Gotta love Jarvis Landry. But he is only 5'10". Pittman is 6'4". Devonte Adams is 6'1". Bigger target, better odds of having the height advantage over a lot of corners, I think. Landry has only one TD this year. Schwartz got his first TD vs the Packers.

(btw, Schwartz is a slightly bigger target at 6')

So, it isn't all on Baker at all. But he needs surgery to be ready for next year. And the Browns need a big target, #1 WR you betcha.

9 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

yep. Here's what I think.The Browns need a "Devonta Adams. They don't have one. They need their offensive line starters, didn't have them. What ? Bitonio had to play LT, backup Dunn? at Lg, Harris at Center (first start), They DID have Teller (who falsely got called for illegal motion at a critical time), and they had Hance at Rt.

So, the Browns battlled like they were trying to save earth from Darth Vader and the rest. I was proud of them. Baker still playing hurt, has a few misthrows here and there...... Landry fell down and it was a pick, was a good throw by Baker.

Another int that lost the game for the Browns......was Peoples-Jones being totally interfered with/held NO CALL. THAT has to be investigated. What the )(*&&?

It isn't just me:

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/browns-packers-no-call-pass-intereference/95-6ac59e7b-d97e-49cc-90a3-dcddbcb51aae

Watch: Controversial no-call seals Cleveland Browns' loss to Green Bay Packers

Something is going on with Case Keenum - or Baker should have just gotten surgery.... but the Browns don't have a star #1 WR.

Actually, the Browns had a few minutes more of offense possesion. Even playing hurt with a shoulder broken, Baker outpassed Rodgers in yardage. Baker - 222 yards, Rodgers 202.

Baker's yards per pass attempt: 6.2. Rodgers: 5.9

The Browns made 58% of their 3rd Downs. Packers - only 30%

Devonta Adams had 10 receptions. The Browns top wr, Higgins - who is really good against zone coverage, had five.

SO...

with Baker getting sacked five times, Rodgers doesn't get sacked once, but Garrett was in pain trying to play and Clowney out, Harrison and Newsome and Johnson were OUT...

and the Browns lost a low scoreing game by two points.

reaching for a different quarterback is baloney. Most teams the Browns play have star #1 Wr's. If I were deciding for the Browns...

Wr would be the #1 priority. The Browns have to upgrade the wr position.  I think they will draft two this upcoming draft. The Browns have not paid attention to the wr group for years. Peoples-Jones - 6th round. Scwartz - 3rd round. that's it. The Browns need a serious star #1 wr. Landry is good, but draws way too much attention, Schwartz doesn't play a play but rarely, but did a great job on his TD pass and  end-a-around.

For example - the Eagles gave up on Carson Wentz. poor wr group. Carson Wentz is starring with the Colts.

The Eagles drafted Hurts, qb, in the second round in 2020. 2021 - they realized wr was the problem, so they drafted Devonta Smith, wr, tenth overall.

The Colts have Michael Pittman, 2nd round star wr, 34th overall pick. Colts just beat Washington  - Wentz is still Wentz, Colts seem to be going to the playoffs.

FINAL NOTES: Gotta love Jarvis Landry. But he is only 5'10". Pittman is 6'4". Devonte Adams is 6'1". Bigger target, better odds of having the height advantage over a lot of corners, I think. Landry has only one TD this year. Schwartz got his first TD vs the Packers.

(btw, Schwartz is a slightly bigger target at 6')

So, it isn't all on Baker at all. But he needs surgery to be ready for next year. And the Browns need a big target, #1 WR you betcha.

This guy would help

Treylon Burks, WR Arkansas

Listed Measurables: 6'3" 225 lbs

Age: 22 at the time of the NFL Draft (Born March 23, 2000)

Production: 66 receptions, 1,104 yards (41.1 percent), 11 TDs in 2021

• Upvote 1

Can we do away with its not Bakers fault “Landry slipped” 

He slipped because the ball was 10 yards under thrown. He was wide open behind the defense and the ball was nowhere near him. He had to stop and try to cone back to the ball. 
It was thrown closer to the db then Landry

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

He slipped because the ball was 10 yards under thrown. He was wide open behind the defense and the ball was nowhere near him. He had to stop and try to cone back to the ball. 

I could easily be wrong - but I saw it differently. I think the pass was for Landry to cut back to the ball, but he slipped.

https://sports.yahoo.com/packers-21-12-half-third-230215802.html?fr=sychp_catchall

"The third came on a throw intended for Jarvis Landry that never had a shot of getting to the wideout because Landry wasn’t looking for the ball and fell down as Rasul Douglas stepped in front of him. "

I said it back then - they should have taken Baker out and not start him against the steelers. Why they would not let

Keenum play... is a mystery. Maybe they feel he can't throw well anymore?

A healthy Baker showed exactly who he is, last year. This year is just a disaster in several ways. They may ruin Baker if they keep it up.

According to ESPN stats and info the 1st 3 ints were all off target. There were numerous reasons they didn’t win, refs, kicker, defensive strategy in the first half, play calling at the end, but the BIGGEST REASON WAS 4 INTERCEPTIONS 

In his return from the reserve/COVID-19 list, Mayfield became just the third NFL quarterback this season to be picked off three times before halftime, joining Jets rookie Zach Wilson (Week 2) and the Ravens’ Lamar Jackson (Week 12 vs. the Browns). All three of those throws were off target according to ESPN Stats & Information. And all three led to Rodgers touchdowns, as Green Bay controlled the game despite being outgained by the Browns 408 yards to 311.

13 hours ago, Browns149 said:

It's clearly Landry's fault, and the one that sailed over his head again his fault, f'n grow 4 inches Jarvis!