THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Browns at Steelers MNF Game Thread

Dutch Oven

1 minute ago, Browns149 said:

Why can’t they just line up and run a play? 
All the motion just causes problems 

You say this every week.

How does motion cause problems? It actually allows the QB to figure out what type of defense the opposition is playing. 

3 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

For 30 yards. Let’s throw 4 incompletions next

They must have been stacking the box again.... it's so innovative and has never been done before, so there's no way any team can ever run against it. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

You say this every week.

How does motion cause problems? It actually allows the QB to figure out what type of defense the opposition is playing. 

They false started after all the stupid motion

3 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

I was against baker manziel from day 1...i played along for a few years...he sucks..im done with him..

I admit I was wrong about Wyoming's QB. I thought Mountain West and his overthrowing inaccuracy in pro days was a killer.

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

I admit I was wrong about Wyoming's QB. I thought Mountain West and his overthrowing inaccuracy in pro days was a killer.

To fair, there is nothing from Josh Allen's tape that would indicate what he is today. Nada...

In fact, Josh was one of the worst QB's in the NFL his first two seasons while the team around him struggled to float his play.   If that same level of play was brought to CLE, doubt this front office would have had the patience to see it through like BUF has.

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

To fair, there is nothing from Josh Allen's tape that would indicate what he is today. Nada...

The Bills took him 7th overall, so they must have seen some different tape, or at least saw the tape differently... 

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

In fact, Josh was one of the worst QB's in the NFL his first two seasons while the team around him struggled to float his play.   If that same level of play was brought to CLE, doubt this front office would have had the patience to see it through like BUF has.

I agree on both points. Someone has done a nice job of fixing that cannon he has to more accuracy thatnhe ever showed before the NFL.

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

The Bills took him 7th overall, so they must have seen some different tape, or at least saw the tape differently... 

See above. They saw the cannon and decided they could work with a guy that big with a big arm. The question is why did the Browns staff not see it.

3 minutes ago, D Bone said:

The Bills also took EJ Manuel. 

They saw what Cal saw - "big, strong, AfC nOrTh Qb".  Same thing the Browns saw with Weeden.   And that's about it.

The Bills just so happened to stumble across a kid who's physical tools they were patient enough to develop while working on the mentals. He's still prone to dumbass mistakes, but he's a farcry removed from how raw he was.

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

See above. They saw the cannon and decided they could work with a guy that big with a big arm. The question is why did the Browns staff not see it.

Gotta be able to see the forest through the trees sometimes.