THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the NFL Playoffs

Zombo

9 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

3 second 20-25 yard pass play?  Yeah okay 

I thought the same thing. But jeez Buffalo, I thought the Browns had the "painful loss" patented.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Buffalo fade in 2022. That's a real real tough way to enter the off season. 

McDermott, wow he's going to get totally fried by his local media. 

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

13 is an unlucky number.

13 was my badge number at the BFD. 

While I'm not the most superstitious person, I missed time due to several injuries...broken ribs, several sprained ankles, broken hand, broken fingers.

When I retired I told the Chief they should have treated my badge like a high rise building...skip 13, should have went to 14 lol.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

Why not just give both teams ONE chance on offense? That seems to be the most fair. Simple solution. KC scored....now Buffalo gets the ball and has to match that TD or game over.

Buffalo didn't deserve it. They had a 3 point lead with :13 seconds left, their opponent on their own 25 yard line and they owned the league's #1 defense and yet still couldn't win. 

The best team won.  

54 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Buffalo didn't deserve it. They had a 3 point lead with :13 seconds left, their opponent on their own 25 yard line and they owned the league's #1 defense and yet still couldn't win. 

The best team won.  

9 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Heartbreaking loss. Even worse than the drive or the fumble because he didn't even have the chance to even it up. 

This ! ^^^

I went nosing around on a Bills fan forum late last night 😎.. The reads were unbelievable !  Saw several post that were... "knowing what browns fans felt like fumble/drive...  I had to login 🤓..

5 words.. No The Hell You Don't !  Checking again this morning... I have 26 ugly replies from Bills Mafia 😚  I thought.. No matter what I say?... I decided to just.... Let it go !

• Upvote 1

Personally I would have kicked it deep.  All the talking heads on ESPN say squib it…but what if an up guy fields it cleanly and takes it to the 40.   Now you need just one Kelce play instead of two. Or the squib goes out of bounds.

at any rate the two play sequence after the kick was bad. 

Tough loss for Buffalo they were looking at a very winnable game this week and then a Super Bowl with no juggernaut that they’ve normally faced in SB past.

2 hours ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

Why not just give both teams ONE chance on offense? That seems to be the most fair. Simple solution. KC scored....now Buffalo gets the ball and has to match that TD or game over.

The rules committee should change overtime to mirror college footballs overtime and eliminate the ties from the equation during the regular season. 

• Thanks 2

I thought on the second play they should have set their defenders to match the speed of the middle pass receiver but not touched him until time had expired. Just run along in front and beside him and if he goes down on his own, let the clock get to 0 before tagging him.

53 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Josh Allen said it best "if the coin flips differently, we're playing this week"

I get they let the game go in a terrible fashion. But that statement is about as correct as possible given how both teams were scoring and is really, really stupid. 

Or……..IF your #1 ranked defense can keep KC out of field goal range or if your #1 ranked defense can hold KC for a defensive stand in overtime.

35 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Or……..IF your #1 ranked defense can keep KC out of field goal range or if your #1 ranked defense can hold KC for a defensive stand in overtime.

Two things can be correct at the same time, you know.

I alluded to this being correct while also saying overtime rules are stupid. IDC what the defenses were ranked, no one was stopping anyone.

6 hours ago, D Bone said:

The best team won.  

This is going to haunt Bills fans until they actually win a Super Bowl. 

You let the Chiefs get 45 yards in less than 13 seconds to kick the game-tying field goal. 

That is unthinkable.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bob806 said:

13 was my badge number at the BFD. 

While I'm not the most superstitious person, I missed time due to several injuries...broken ribs, several sprained ankles, broken hand, broken fingers.

When I retired I told the Chief they should have treated my badge like a high rise building...skip 13, should have went to 14 lol.

lol. Do you know if he ever re-issued #13 ? Maybe he took your advice!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Pat Mahomo said:

I expect TV ratings from Cleveland to be through the roof this weekend for the AFCCG featuring the good football team in Ohio, and the best QB in the NFL, hosting the AFCCG for the 4th year in a row.  Seems like some compelling storylines there that Cleveland folks might find interesting.

The only compelling storyline you’re missing is Joe Burrow is 0-3 against the best football team in Ohio.

• Upvote 2

On 1/23/2022 at 7:46 PM, tiamat63 said:

Appreciate you spelling that out in case anyone was curious as to what it meant.

Just another little crease in the playbook I'd like to see Stef add to improve our pull/power game from single back.    Especially if you toss in some pre-snap motion.    Really just anything Kyle Shanahan does, in all honesty.  

Trent Williams 😤

Example of Shanny's style when give'in toys..

it's not even fair to grown men..

Awarded as this weeks Angry Runs....  download.jpg.a24c885d94fedecab1d5227d1040e373.jpg

• Like 1

Not only is it great design but everyone in that system buys into the dirty work. Deebo throws downfield blocks,  Kittle loves blocking inline, Jus is a fantastic lead.  

Can't stress this enough, this organization essentially trading Kyle Shanahan for Johnny Manziel might be the worst thing they've ever done.  And that's saying a lot.

• Upvote 1

My betting head says Chiefs vs 49'ers

My Buckeye State rooting ❤️ says Burrow vs Shanny

Which boat remains a float after Sunday? I really don't know !  🤔