THE BROWNS BOARD

This could be bad news

Westside Steve

12 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

A further thought: it used to take a 60 vote supermajority for a Supreme Court Justice to be confirmed by the Senate. This was changed in 2017, when the then GOP majority used the "nuclear option" to make it a simple majority vote to push through Neil Goursch's nomination.

So if Biden and the Democrats push through a woke liberal justice nominee with just a simple majority, everyone can go ahead and thank Cocaine Mitch for pulling the trigger on the nuclear option. Everyone reaps what they sow eventually.

I said that when they ran through the nuclear option; that's going to come back and bite somebody in the ass.

WSS

20 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You're not fishing.   You been spouting the 'were going to get Trump' for years now, and never have you been correct.

Even the blind pig finds an acorn now and then.😂 Sooner or later I get the acorn courtesy of the orange loser.👱‍♂️

We should hope the president of either party would have fairness and a rational view of the constitution in mind when selecting a Supreme Court nomination. If you're number one criteria is skin color or sex....

You know who you are and you know how  you would react if it were the other way around.

WSS

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

We should hope the president of either party would have fairness and a rational view of the constitution in mind when selecting a Supreme Court nomination. If you're number one criteria is skin color or sex....

You know who you are and you know how  you would react if it were the other way around.

WSS

This was Dementia Joe’s criteria for selecting his VP…and we both know how that worked out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I’d hope the highest the court in the land would represent the people that they preside over. And that would include race and sex.  You aren’t being put before Congress as a nominee with qualifications.

5 hours ago, BaconHound said:

I’d hope the highest the court in the land would represent the people that they preside over. And that would include race and sex.  You aren’t being put before Congress as a nominee with qualifications.

You are joking right? Since there really is no qualification required. 

WSS

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

That would be both Reagan and Trump who first voiced the woman criteria.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1980/10/15/reagan-pledges-he-would-name-a-woman-to-the-supreme-court/844817dc-27aa-4f5d-8e4f-0ab3a5e76865/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/20/politics/trump-supreme-court-woman-nominee-2020/index.html

How's that foot taste Steve?

Black is fine, woman is fine - but the left will nominate a puppet lefty that will vote however the left tells her to.

Major problem.

activist crap - the left justices break their promises every vote.

29 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I don't like either of those pledges. Especially if they were compounded by selecting the color. I know it's tough for you to understand because Trump hatred is your only Criterion. I think it's a stupid idea to narrow your search to in the case of a woman approximately 40% of the attorneys, if you guys think you need to be an attorney which you don't, and the further minimize that by requiring a negro. And by Bacon's rule another negro would make too many of them on a nine-member court but that's a stupid criteria too.

Imagine if stefanski said he was going to draft the best white cornerback.

WSS

6 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I don't like either of those pledges. Especially if they were compounded by selecting the color. I know it's tough for you to understand because Trump hatred is your only Criterion. I think it's a stupid idea to narrow your search to in the case of a woman approximately 40% of the attorneys, if you guys think you need to be an attorney which you don't, and the further minimize that by requiring a negro. And by Bacon's rule another negro would make too many of them on a nine-member court but that's a stupid criteria too.

WSS

It's obviously black privilege.  

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Somebody black needs to balance out uncle whiteboy Thomas who no more represents black America than any of you crackers from the new Confederacy.😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Somebody black needs to balance out uncle whiteboy Thomas who no more represents black America than any of you crackers from the new Confederacy.😂

It's a sad thing when being a conservative African American is considered being an Uncle Tom. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, BaconHound said:

You're a fucking nut job.  First of all, the function of the SC is not to "represent people" that's the Congress' job. Neither do they preside over anyone. They are not there to represent the interest of a class of people.

Their job is to ensure equal justice under the law and be the guardians and interpreters of the Constitution.

• Upvote 2