THE BROWNS BOARD

I don't go to the NFL for my morals

laiccm

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

Do you have any Jim Brown merchandise or are a Jim Brown fan? If so, aren't you being a tad hypocritical?

nope. never once. Jim Brown was an ardent racist back then, and his domestic violence - Dad and I did not respect him at all.

Leroy Kelly was our favorite rb back then. He was great, too. Would you give three NUMBER ONE DRAFT PICKS for McDowell after he did what he did?

me neither.

I never said I was going to root for the ratbirds and squealers after this fiasco. I just said I'm done with spending time watching their games.

haslams and berry apparently don't give a damn that they have divided their fans into two groups after this controversy....all they care about is $$$$$$$$$$$$ from the networks.

so be it. let the network execs buy all their tickets. I won't even watch them anymore.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

From Jim Brown wikipedia:

"In 1965, Brown was arrested in his hotel room for assault and battery against an 18-year-old named Brenda Ayres; he was later acquitted of those charges. A year later, he fought paternity allegations that he fathered Brenda Ayres' child.

In 1968, Brown was charged with assault with intent to commit murder after model Eva Bohn-Chin was found beneath the balcony of Brown's second-floor apartment. The charges were later dismissed after Bohn-Chin refused to cooperate with the prosecutor's office. Brown was also ordered to pay a $300 fine for striking a deputy sheriff involved in the investigation during the incident. In Brown's autobiography, he stated that Bohn-Chin was angry and jealous over an affair he had been having with Gloria Steinem, and this argument is what led to the "misunderstanding with the police".

In 1970, Brown was found not guilty of assault and battery, the charges stemming from a road-rage incident that had occurred in 1969.

In 1975, Brown was convicted of misdemeanor battery for beating and choking his golfing partner, Frank Snow. He was sentenced to one day in jail, two years' probation, and a fine of $500.

In 1985, Brown was charged with raping a 33-year-old woman. The charges were later dismissed.

In 1986, Brown was arrested for assaulting his fiancée Debra Clark. Clark refused to press charges, though, and Brown was released.

Brown married his second wife Monique Brown in 1997; they have two children. In 1999, Brown was arrested and charged with making terroristic threats toward his wife. Later that year, he was found guilty of vandalism for smashing his wife's car with a shovel. He was sentenced to three years' probation, one year of domestic violence counseling, and 400 hours of community service or 40 hours on a work crew along with a $1,800 fine. Brown ignored the terms of his sentence and in 2000 was sentenced to six months in jail, which he began serving in 2002 after refusing the court-ordered counseling and community service. He was released after 3 months".

No disagreement here. But after high profile incidents like the Duke Lacrosse team, Columbia university mattress girl, Brian Banks, etc, where men's lives were ruined over false accusations by women, I'd be forgiven for being skeptical for not taking accusations of sexual assaults by women with no evidence at face value.

And, for the record, I believe that women who make false accusations of rape or sexual assaults should serve the same length of prison that the people they falsely accused would face.

Like I said he did jail time for the things he was convicted of. The other accusations I guess he's in the same boat as Watson. As for your last wine I agree with you I think that's a shity thing for a woman to do and I think it happens too often. Probably because they don't really seem to be any consequences.

WSS

20 hours ago, nickers said:

It still does not excuse Watson for being a DUMB FUCK and getting himself into this mess... Which had he used his fucking head... All couldve been avoided

Nope.

The agency in this wasn't Watson's.

Watson's interactions with women are actually a red herring because none of us will likely know for certain precisely what happened.  The only thing we do know for certain is that whatever happened both wasn't criminal and wasn't enough to deliver an indictment.  This is your weekly reminder that hearsay can, in fact, be testimony -- because in reality very few cases ever have "smoking-gun evidence" -- and even with all those witnesses they still ended up with bupkis not once but twice.

The lawsuits came purely because Watson forced his way out of Texas.. The ONLY way this could have been avoided is if Watson remained with Houston.

If Watson had remained in Houston, "magically" zero lawsuits would have been filed against him and this wouldn't be a thing.

Are the women money-grabbing? Sure, but not from Watson. From McNair..

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Nope.

The agency in this wasn't Watson's.

Watson's interactions with women are actually a red herring because none of us will likely know for certain precisely what happened.  The only thing we do know for certain is that whatever happened both wasn't criminal and wasn't enough to deliver an indictment.  This is your weekly reminder that hearsay can, in fact, be testimony -- because in reality very few cases ever have "smoking-gun evidence" -- and even with all those witnesses they still ended up with bupkis not once but twice.

The lawsuits came purely because Watson forced his way out of Texas.. The ONLY way this could have been avoided is if Watson remained with Houston.

If Watson had remained in Houston, "magically" zero lawsuits would have been filed against him and this wouldn't be a thing.

Are the women money-grabbing? Sure, but not from Watson. From McNair..

And it was a Grand Jury....they can indict almost over any reason....

17 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

nope. never once. Jim Brown was an ardent racist back then, and his domestic violence - Dad and I did not respect him at all.

Leroy Kelly was our favorite rb back then. He was great, too. Would you give three NUMBER ONE DRAFT PICKS for McDowell after he did what he did?

me neither.

I never said I was going to root for the ratbirds and squealers after this fiasco. I just said I'm done with spending time watching their games.

haslams and berry apparently don't give a damn that they have divided their fans into two groups after this controversy....all they care about is $$$$$$$$$$$$ from the networks.

so be it. let the network execs buy all their tickets. I won't even watch them anymore.

Brown was a racist? Did he have reasons?

3 hours ago, laiccm said:

My old man hungout with Jim Brown... Never once said he was racist... They just have a few drinks together at the Left Bank in the Flats...

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, nickers said:

My old man hungout with Jim Brown... Never once said he was racist... They just have a few drinks together at the Left Bank in the Flats...

U know some people if u support equality for one demo then u hate the other

8 minutes ago, laiccm said:

U know some people if u support equality for one demo then u hate the other

Ummm English please... I don't do Ebonics...

On 4/4/2022 at 10:31 AM, laiccm said:

Jim Brown was the opposite of a racist ... he fought for equality.

He did have a violent past though, as we are aware of ... but, not even a suggestion of violence with Watson ... so what are all the snowflakes protesting? That he tried to get a hand job from a massage therapist? Grow up.

Z

• Upvote 3