THE BROWNS BOARD

BROWNS OUT OF WATSON RACE

ATOM

According to the talking heads on ESPN, they only give the Browns an outside shot at landing DW.

Which means, we’re going to probably end up going through the recycled QB’s available in FA.

Who’s the best of the worst? Mariota? Jimmy G?

My expectations and approach to watching sports has evolved along with my approach to life the last couple years. I’m more interested in spending my focus on positive things and being less invested in things l have no control over. The results have been good. I’m no longer that guy who gets overly bent outta shape when the Browns lose. 

I always figured it wasn’t realistic to expect all football players to be really good guys. A couple traits that make you really good at football, violence and aggression, don’t go over so well in the ho hum outside world. 

When you get down to it, Browns games take up maybe 3 days of the year. 17 games at 4 hours each = 68 hours. While l love my Brownies l miss a few games for work or other obligations, so we’ll say l spend 2 days a year watching Browns games.

I probably spend considerably more time than that on football adjacent things throughout the year. Reading articles, talking football with friends or family, tooling around this site, the draft, watching Draft Day, etc.

In some respects those football adjacent things are the more positive aspects in life that l’m more interested in these days. Sports is largely a platform to create great memories with friends and family for me. Come baseball season l’m a Reds fan, and right now they’re slashing payroll and getting rid of good players, and they’re most likely gonna suck this year. I got friends who are losing their shit over this. But me, l just can’t wait to spend another season taking my daughter to the ballpark. 

So how does all this relate to a guy like Watson? I don’t spend much time focusing on the lives of individual players outside the game.There are exceptions. The guys who l deem positive forces in the world, l want to support and amplify what they’re doing. I follow a guy like Nick Chubb on social media. I bought a Chubb jersey and a couple boxes of Chubb Crunch for my daughter for Christmas. 

A guy like Kareem Hunt? I’m aware of what occurred, l saw the video, it was damn ugly. I like a good redemption story so l hope for that, but l also know it’s important to be prepared if that don’t happen. Like l said, traits that make you good at football don’t necessarily make you good at life. His character is not my focus. 

Bottom line is anything you do for enjoyment should be enjoyable, so if you’re not getting that out of it, find something better. If a guy’s character flaws make it hard for you to enjoy his work, then change your focus off of him or off of his work, whatever it takes. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, laiccm said:

I don't blame this FO for the weakest link on this team...the QB...top 5 rushing attack,oline,defense....we had Landry, OBJ, Hopper...i ain't mad at all with this FO

So tell me Mrs Watson…do you think your son is innocent?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

According to the talking heads on ESPN, they only give the Browns an outside shot at landing DW.

Which means, we’re going to probably end up going through the recycled QB’s available in FA.

Who’s the best of the worst? Mariota? Jimmy G?

Right now... I go after Jimmy G... What the Browns did was despicable to Mayfield... Whether or not you like Mayfield... They treated him like shit.. And he didnt deserve that AB and Jimmy are still dumber than a bag of rocks... jimmy needs to sell the team STAT!

Just now, laiccm said:

Tell me Mrs. Baker.....was your son too busy getting his knob licked in restaurant parkinglots when he should've been in the playbook and that's why he stunk last year?

You obviously came here to troll.. Which means you are going right into the iggy bin

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, laiccm said:

U actually is the ones trolling and Ive been on this board for years...I just been not posting for long.....just dumb

So you just came here to swing on Watson’s nutsack?

That makes sense! 🤦‍♂️

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

First off, welcome to the board? 

Second, what does this even mean?

thank you -I think?

watson sits out a year because he didnt like the GM player moves?

league wide interest and the man can have his pick of team ( his right by contract yes) 

and a manipulated browns front office acting this out with contradiction and disregard for a guy who actually earned the spot. {Mayfield}

kind of the trend in takes by a few others here - maybe even you? i dunno

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Browns were informed they are out on watson. I don’t know how the hell you move forward with baker. Gotta trade him at this point. 

Yep, the Browns stepped on their dick again.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, laiccm said:

Reported 

This move came with a lot of risk. Not sure he’s a slam dunk success story. Time will tell. Jimmy G and Carr May still be options. I do like AB’s aggressive approach. 

6 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

This move came with a lot of risk. Not sure he’s a slam dunk success story. Time will tell. Jimmy G and Carr May still be options. I do like AB’s aggressive approach. 

I have a feeling that Hick of an owner played a big part of this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Canton Dawg said:

I have a feeling that Hick of an owner played a big part of this.

Well sometimes you have to roll the dice to win a Super Bowl. I knew from the start that the OBJ trade would be disastrous. Watson is more high risk / high return. I wanted him when the Browns could have drafted him. How stupid were our evaluators? That was a terrible trade-down decision. Anyway, it seems they’ve moved on from Baker. I would have been OK with another year and bringing in some QB competition in FA or the draft. 

• Upvote 1

Ya, that's what you get Jimmah. You dumbass. You couldn't have messed this whole situation up any worse than you did.  Laughing stock of the NFL once again. Now you get to overpay for a re-thread all because you have to throw the cards all the way on the table for a scumbag POS.  

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftrib.al%2FxQNJG8w&h=AT3HLAgyKqhlabHewatCvALmKJIehjnDzlxVFyXp8aIPKVII6Vh9Kvais2d-NF98nYT15guZof5mXP3xn-Zqy7ofDU6EW9OKJsZwaLvXGRt72ZNjsMAM4cAXjcNXHazXTyq8bPgvFp8KgNSJfw

Here's the story. Well I'm glad we're not getting that overpriced scumbag. I would still prefer Baker got a real shot but if not I could still probably root for Ryan or Carr or Garoppolo.

But I'd still be disgusted by the backstabbing.

WSS

10 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

Well sometimes you have to roll the dice to win a Super Bowl. I knew from the start that the OBJ trade would be disastrous. Watson is more high risk / high return. I wanted him when the Browns could have drafted him. How stupid were our evaluators? That was a terrible trade-down decision. Anyway, it seems they’ve moved on from Baker. I would have been OK with another year and bringing in some QB competition in FA or the draft. 

Yeah....its' a new day in the league. You go all in or you go all out...Stafford goes to LA and freakin Tom Brady goes to Tampa. Now the AFC is LOADED. We needed Watson to compete imo

10 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Ya, that's what you get Jimmah. You dumbass. You couldn't have messed this whole situation up any worse than you did.  Laughing stock of the NFL once again. Now you get to overpay for a re-thread all because you have to throw the cards all the way on the table for a scumbag POS.  

Rather all in or all out...be honest...you really think Baker can compete in this AFC? We had problems with the Ravens and they were destroyed by injuries last year