THE BROWNS BOARD

BROWNS OUT OF WATSON RACE

ATOM

Well this could be interesting... 

I mean, I think it is pretty apparent this front office is not sold on Baker long-term (as of today), and this is the front office that brought in Kareem Hunt... 

I'm not saying to go and get him, and I'm not saying the Browns are going to do it, but would it shock me if they tried?

No, no it would not. 

• Like 1

I like Baker better as a human being, but Deshaun better on the football field. I also won't be surprised if the Browns make a push for him. 

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

I like Baker better as a human being, but Deshaun better on the football field. I also won't be surprised if the Browns make a push for him. 

I agree. 

Maybe if Watson comes to Cleveland he can just stick to getting blowies from skanks in the parking lot of the Cheesecake Factory while his wife is at home arguing with Browns fans on Twitter like ol' Baker... 😉

It’s very obvious Watson went to massage parlors with nefarious intentions. 22 women, many of whom did not know each other before the civil complaints, do not all come together to form a grand conspiracy to get this man. This is Bill Cosby all over again- I don’t care if he’s technically innocent in the court of law, the dude is a total piece of shit. And don’t even get me started on any of you mofos who would support Deshaun who called Big Ben a rapist.

If the browns sign Watson that’s the end of me watching until he’s gone. No way I could look my 2 year old daughter in the face and support the team. Not trying to be holier than thou at all, I just hope it’s not the browns who make that decision. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

And don’t even get me started on any of you mofos who would support Deshaun who called Big Ben a rapist.

You are absolutely correct. 

The hypocrisy would be staggering. 

Here's the thing: Watson has a no-trade clause in his contract. Even if the Browns want him, he might not want them back.

6% higher completion percentage, an almost 3 to 1 touchdown to interception ratio compared to Baker's not even 2 to 1, and this doesn't even factor in what a weapon Watson is running the ball. 

Yeah, definitely not much of an upgrade. 😉

agreeing with Grossi on this...

Andrew Berry, was part of the brain-trust to trade the 12th overall pick in 2017 to Houston for Deshaun Watson...

Why would he mortgage 3 No 1s & $100m+ now for him?

Silly season.

Berry now holds the trading cards... staying tuned

49 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

6% higher completion percentage, an almost 3 to 1 touchdown to interception ratio compared to Baker's not even 2 to 1, and this doesn't even factor in what a weapon Watson is running the ball. 

Yeah, definitely not much of an upgrade. 😉

Watson threw for nearly 5000 yards in 2020, but the Texans only won 4 games.

He’s also been sacked 40 more times than Mayfield despite playing fewer games.

That’s a stat I find amazing since Baker is less mobile than Watson and has been accused of holding the ball too long.

Just now, tiamat63 said:

The way Bill Belichick draws up defenses against Deshaun is significantly different than what he did against Baker.   I tend to side with his football opinion on this. 

Serious question:

Do you think there is a defensive coordinator that loses one minute of sleep the week leading up to playing against Baker Mayfield?

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Serious question:

Do you think there is a defensive coordinator that loses one minute of sleep the week leading up to playing against Baker Mayfield?

Baker himself? Not likely. 

But against what the offensive line and running game creates?  Yes.

1 hour ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

Imagine having someone who can throw the ball alongside that OL and running game

Imagine having a play caller who will stay with the run game each and every week.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You are absolutely correct. 

The hypocrisy would be staggering. 

Here's the thing: Watson has a no-trade clause in his contract. Even if the Browns want him, he might not want them back.

Texans willing to waive the no trade clause... Watson wants out, but he can call the shots, and reports are wants to go to a contender.. If Houston is asking a Wilson level three firsts + players, no thanks.  ESPN saying Carolina and possibly Tampa are interested.  

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Please explain this to us using girls softball as reference... 

😉

Down 1 and my #3 batter who can't drop a bunt to save her life is up with runners on 2nd and 3rd and 1 out, I don't put on a suicide squeeze.

When my rise ball pitcher is in the circle, up 1, bottom of the 7th and bases loaded, I don't call a drop ball.

When my #1 hitter is up who leads the team in OB % and BB's (walks for you Neanderthals), I don't call a 1st pitch hit and run with a runner at 1st.

When my 6 batter who is the slowest runner on the team is on 1st, down 1 in the top of the 6th, I don't ask her to steal.

^ Pretty sure you get the point, but for those in the back of the class who had their phones pressed into their faces instead of listening to the teacher, I'll break it down for you...

Be who you are. If you're going to lose, lose doing the best thing you can do. Don't ask something out of an athlete that you know they don't do well. Ask your athlete to do what they do well. 

If you live and die by the long ball in the previous 162 games, don't go small ball once you get to the postseason. If you live and die by the 3 pointer, don't ask your team to drive to the hoop in game 1. (did I say that right? I've never seen more than 60 seconds of basketball in my life) 

With 2:00 to go in the 3rd, down 7, with the ball on your 37, don't ask your injured QB - that should not even be playing and who's had a terrible day, to go win you a game with 3 passes in a row and 2 from an empty set...... Ask the best player on your team, behind the best unit on your team to go win you a game, all while punching a tiring defense in the mouth and keeping them on the field as the 4th quarter quickly approaches.

...... but what do I know

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Texans willing to waive the no trade clause... Watson wants out, but he can call the shots, and reports are wants to go to a contender.. If Houston is asking a Wilson level three firsts + players, no thanks.  ESPN saying Carolina and possibly Tampa are interested.  

Trading for cooper puts the browns 3 or 4m over the cap. If the Browns were to trade for Watson your FO would have to clear a ton of room. 

10 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Trading for cooper puts the browns 3 or 4m over the cap. If the Browns were to trade for Watson your FO would have to clear a ton of room. 

landry and tretter are more than likely going to play  somewhere else so that would free up around 27 mil

On 3/11/2022 at 5:46 PM, Dutch Oven said:

and this is the front office that brought in Kareem Hunt... 

I believe that was Dorsey.  I'm not sure what Berry might think of Watson.   

He'll probably wind up a Steeler...

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Oh wow, you are right... man, I can't believe he's been here that long. 

9 hours ago, Orion said:

How ironic......in a strange way,  the steelers may be becoming the place old BROWNS go to be recycled ♻️ before leaving the NFL to be released back into the world 🌎 to live. 

And now without the old Findlay Ohio product Big Ben Roethlisberger stranger and stranger.......if he's truly 100% done collecting Pittsburgh million dollar paychecks. 

Strange, the TB12 effect of old(er) white retirement age of quarterbacks and the newer NFL no touch rules. 

40 the new 35 before going into the booth ?

13 hours ago, Orion said:

egad, apparently the slutty steelers won't even sign him. That is very bad.

Report: Steelers are not interested in Deshaun Watson ...

4 days agoThe Dolphins insist " the door is shut " on a Watson trade. Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazett e now reports that the quarterback-needy Steelers are not interested in Watson. Dulac even ...

Steelers are not interested in pursuing Deshaun Watson ...

The Pittsburgh Steelers will have a new quarterback in 2022, but it won't be Deshaun Watson.Pittsburgh is not interested in pursuing the Houston Texans' quarterback, according to Gerry Dulac of ...

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

egad, apparently the slutty steelers won't even sign him. That is very bad.

Report: Steelers are not interested in Deshaun Watson ...

4 days agoThe Dolphins insist " the door is shut " on a Watson trade. Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazett e now reports that the quarterback-needy Steelers are not interested in Watson. Dulac even ...

Steelers are not interested in pursuing Deshaun Watson ...

The Pittsburgh Steelers will have a new quarterback in 2022, but it won't be Deshaun Watson.Pittsburgh is not interested in pursuing the Houston Texans' quarterback, according to Gerry Dulac of ...

From what I’ve been reading, it sounds as if Carolina and Seattle are the 2 the most eligible suitors for DW.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

From what I’ve been reading, it sounds as if Carolina and Seattle are the 2 the most eligible suitors for DW.

Come on Man ! leave our Carolina redneck massage women out of this 🤓.... how bout he becomes a Saint? 🤭 and nobody gets harmed  ....  carry on! off my chest

• Haha 1