THE BROWNS BOARD

BROWNS OUT OF WATSON RACE

ATOM

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

But other trams also have deals??? With the Texans... Very mixed reaction here to this news which have nothing to do with the allegations. Apparently, decision is De'Shon's

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/report-texans-have-accepted-offer-in-place-with-browns-amongst-other-teams

Oh Lort...  Baker to the Texans & how much else?   

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Browns, Saints and Panthers have offers in to Texans for Watson.

Ball is in Watson's court now. 

Larger court...Falcons meet with Watson Wednesday... https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/03/falcons-eyeing-deshaun-watson 

3 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Larger court...Falcons meet with Watson Wednesday... https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/03/falcons-eyeing-deshaun-watson

He's from Georgia and played his ball at Clemson, in South Carolina.

I'll be shocked if he picks the Browns. 

I think Baker's days with the Browns are over, even if Watson doesn't choose to come to Cleveland. 

I'd trade Baker and start accumulating picks for a run at a QB in the 2023 Draft. Sign someone like Winston or Mariota for a stopgap.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think Baker's days with the Browns are over, even if Watson doesn't choose to come to Cleveland. 

I'd trade Baker and start accumulating picks for a run at a QB in the 2023 Draft. Sign someone like Winston or Mariota for a stopgap.

Judging from the letter that he wrote it certainly seems his days are numbered

https://bleacherreport.com/post/cleveland-browns/8bf9250d-d4e5-44d1-bc0c-dee2385bf33c

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Judging from the letter that he wrote it certainly seems his days are numbered

https://bleacherreport.com/post/cleveland-browns/8bf9250d-d4e5-44d1-bc0c-dee2385bf33c

I literally was just going to post this...

One way or another, the Baker Era appears to be over. 

• Upvote 1

I agree.  The Baker cat got out of the bag as soon as it was announced that the Browns were flying down to talk to Watson.  We knew right then an there what the brain-trust thought about their current QB.

1st season facing a real business season .. I get it.. I get the young players city/fan/ attachments too (Bears-Mitch Trubisky) 

but a real odd placement for a "Whatever Happens"? in letter

lots of cold shit happens in this business time of year... 

🧔He might know something? he did hit......... send 

I think the question is what did we give up for Watson? I'm thinking a boat load of picks, Baker, and Hooper or Hunt maybe? Hopefully news breaks soon so this doesn't drag out, but Baker is gone for sure. We've been clearing cap space - Landry gone, Tretter gone, Conklin restructured - all to pay Watson and Amari. I love it.

There is no way Watson goes to the Falcons. They are a complete mess. The o-line is atrocious, Julio left last year, Ridley is suspended all next year, no receiving threats, no running backs, and the defense is terrible. Carolina is mediocre. The Browns give Watson the best team to compete for a Super Bowl.

I honestly think the way the browns are handling this is totally fucked. I’m also not implying baker is the answer. However the dude played pretty damn hurt for a long stretch of time. If I were a browns fans I’d be mad at how they are handling it. I’d have at least let the dude get healthy, draft another wr and see what’s what. If they don’t trade for watson what the hell do the browns even do? Trade baker for what? To where? I can’t imagine he’s going to want to run out there and play. He’s too proud. Question the dude all you want but as I said before he’s got moxie in spades. Bringing watson in is a slap in the face. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

I think the question is what did we give up for Watson? I'm thinking a boat load of picks, Baker, and Hooper or Hunt maybe? Hopefully news breaks soon so this doesn't drag out, but Baker is gone for sure. We've been clearing cap space - Landry gone, Tretter gone, Conklin restructured - all to pay Watson and Amari. I love it.

There is no way Watson goes to the Falcons. They are a complete mess. The o-line is atrocious, Julio left last year, Ridley is suspended all next year, no receiving threats, no running backs, and the defense is terrible. Carolina is mediocre. The Browns give Watson the best team to compete for a Super Bowl.

You are going to be giving up a lot. If I had to guess three firsts and maybe additional draft capitol and a solid player or something to that effect. Houston has been a dumpster fire. He’s still going to command a mint. If the front office thinks they are watson away from a super bowl you do it. However he brings A LOT of fucking baggage. The Browns will have a PR shit storm on their hands for a long time, especially if he doesn’t stay on the Walter Payton man of the year track post scandal. He’s also likely to serve some sort of suspension I imagine. It’s a weird situation. 

4 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I honestly think the way the browns are handling this is totally fucked. I’m also not implying baker is the answer. However the dude played pretty damn hurt for a long stretch of time. If I were a browns fans I’d be mad at how they are handling it. I’d have at least let the dude get healthy, draft another wr and see what’s what. If they don’t trade for watson what the hell do the browns even do? Trade baker for what? To where? I can’t imagine he’s going to want to run out there and play. He’s too proud. Question the dude all you want but as I said before he’s got moxie in spades. Bringing watson in is a slap in the face. 

I'm not mad in the slightest, I'm actually thrilled. There's nothing new to see with Baker. Baker is who he is. You could get Baker 3 Pro Bowl WR's and he'll still suck. He has no talent, can't read defenses, holds onto the ball too long, and has some of the worst all-time 4th quarter crunch time stats. His ceiling was 2020 - everything goes 100% perfect - almost no injuries, super soft schedule, maybe a wildcard win against the right matchup.

I loved Baker's toughness and competitiveness, but we'll never ever get to a Super Bowl with him. Watson makes us instant contenders. I could care less about his baggage, if he wins nobody will care. If Watson stinks it up, sure he'll get booed. But Watson produced on terrible Houston teams, it is exciting to think what he can do here. If we get Watson, I think we pick up another WR and this offense is going to be scary.

• Upvote 2

On 3/13/2022 at 5:09 PM, jbluhm86 said:

Watson would be an upgrade over Baker, but it's a moot point since the Browns can't afford him:

Screenshot_20220313-170641-206.thumb.png.0f63305b53dcfefe25d145f496193af1.png

Browns are over the cap after picking up Cooper's contract, and there's no way Berry would gut the team to clear enough cap space to pick up Watson.

Then he shouldn't even have flown to Texas to talk to the POS.

WSS 

What Houston wants. Does not mean that's what they are going to get...:P... 

No one including Rapsheet, knows if Greg Newsome or C.McCaffery would be considered as giving up a 1st ?  Houston may consider a healthy Mayfield, better than their starter now? Carolina/Saints have no QB Houston would take? They want their high picks (3)...  surely Berry needed some kind of trade clarifications..

The more teams = more messy... when Houston says.. 'We like this'.. and Watson says 'No/this team'

Will it end after Atlanta's visit? Doubt it !

we do know this... the Powers that be... want DeShone Watson as their QB..  

#Browns traveling party is back from Houston.... Uh, welcome home.

Oh! ! 4pm Wednesday should be fun 😳   

7 hours ago, hx214 said:

Just read this is all Haslem's doing. And the lawyer defending Watson in court is the same lawyer Haslem used for all his court cases.  This shit is going to blow up in their face.  Jimmah is one dumb SOB

I cannot fathom how the Texans are going to net so much draft loot for a guy who is a complete public relations nightmare.

Trading Watson now should be the epitome of "selling low", but it looks like some idiotic team is going to pony up a ton to get someone who should repulse whatever fan base he goes to. Then, there's the upcoming NFL suspension coming his way. 

I totally understand why the Browns front office do not want to hitch their wagon to Baker Mayfield. I just can't believe they would be so tone-deaf by trying to replace him with Watson, but then again, Haslam didn't really suffer any consequences for what he did years ago, so its not like he learned anything from it. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I cannot fathom how the Texans are going to net so much draft loot for a guy who is a complete public relations nightmare.

Trading Watson now should be the epitome of "selling low", but it looks like some idiotic team is going to pony up a ton to get someone who should repulse whatever fan base he goes to. Then, there's the upcoming NFL suspension coming his way. 

I totally understand why the Browns front office do not want to hitch their wagon to Baker Mayfield. I just can't believe they would be so tone-deaf by trying to replace him with Watson, but then again, Haslam didn't really suffer any consequences for what he did years ago, so its not like he learned anything from it. 

I've already had multiple texts from friends that say if they bring in Watson they are done with this team.  Most likely, I'll be on the same route. If you wanted to upgrade and give that much away, you should have overpaid for Wilson... Always figured Jimmah was a scumbag.