THE BROWNS BOARD

BROWNS OUT OF WATSON RACE

ATOM

11 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftrib.al%2FxQNJG8w&h=AT3HLAgyKqhlabHewatCvALmKJIehjnDzlxVFyXp8aIPKVII6Vh9Kvais2d-NF98nYT15guZof5mXP3xn-Zqy7ofDU6EW9OKJsZwaLvXGRt72ZNjsMAM4cAXjcNXHazXTyq8bPgvFp8KgNSJfw

Here's the story. Well I'm glad we're not getting that overpriced scumbag. I would still prefer Baker got a real shot but if not I could still probably root for Ryan or Carr or Garoppolo.

But I'd still be disgusted by the backstabbing.

WSS

Baker got a real shot..he bet on himself and lost....thus we lost. The AFC has Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Jackson and now Russell Wilson not to mention Carr....we needed Watson. As in backstabbing.....Baker really gonna take that route after Duke Johnson debacle? Sports....there's no loyalty in pro sports

7 minutes ago, laiccm said:

Rather all in or all out...be honest...you really think Baker can compete in this AFC? We had problems with the Ravens and they were destroyed by injuries last year

What makes you think Watson can? 

That dude won 4 games his last season in Houston.

The year he had the best WR in football and a top 5 defense he didn't win shit. 

Then you throw all your cards on the table to go after him with 22 cases of sexual assault pending, and NFL suspension looming?? Torpedo the value of the guy you have because you just told the whole league you don't believe in him at all? Make your GM look like an liar to the rest of the players on your team?

You wanna do that for Tom Brady? Aaron Rodgers? Russell Wilson? Ok. 

This scumbag? Hard pass.  

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, hx214 said:

What makes you think Watson can? 

That dude won 4 games his last season in Houston.

The year he had the best WR in football and a top 5 defense he didn't win shit. 

Then you throw all your cards on the table to go after him with 22 cases of sexual assault pending, and NFL suspension looming?? Torpedo the value of the guy you have because you just told the whole league you don't believe in him at all?

You wanna do that for Tom Brady? Aaron Rodgers? Russell Wilson? Ok. 

This scumbag? Hard pass.  

Watson is way better than Baker and that was our best shot in competing in the AFC. To say Watson isn't or to even hint it is ridiculous. He had nothing and his numbers were way better than Bakers...Baker had a top 5 line, defense and rushing attack.....as in suspension for about 4-6 games ...cool. Are we winning a SB this year with Baker?

10 minutes ago, laiccm said:

Baker got a real shot..he bet on himself and lost....thus we lost. The AFC has Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Jackson and now Russell Wilson not to mention Carr....we needed Watson. As in backstabbing.....Baker really gonna take that route after Duke Johnson debacle? Sports....there's no loyalty in pro sports

But there is among the fan base and should be. If there weren't everybody would just root for the front-runner and have 30+ jerseys hanging in their closet. 

Which I'm sure some people do.

WSS

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

But there is among the fan base and should be. If there weren't everybody would just root for the front-runner and have 30+ jerseys hanging in their closet. 

Which I'm sure some people do.

WSS

You can be just loyal to your team....no matter the player. I recall a old Falcons RB Warrick Dunn explaining to me the contract structure in the NFL...unilatral contracts basically that are as meaningful as a wet napkin. The problem with fans seem to be when players reciprocate  

5 minutes ago, laiccm said:

Watson is way better than Baker and that was our best shot in competing in the AFC. To say Watson isn't or to even hint it is ridiculous. He had nothing and his numbers were way better than Bakers...Baker had a top 5 line, defense and rushing attack.....as in suspension for about 4-6 games ...cool. Are we winning a SB this year with Baker?

WTF are you talking about. 

Have you seen Watson's numbers? Mitch Tribisky has more wins and he played for the freaking BEARS. 

If he is so freaking great, why did they win the same number of games with and without him?

Who gives a shit if Watson is better than Baker. What did I say in that post that had said anything otherwise? I ask you why you think Watson could compete in the AFC based on his career that would justify the cost and screwing yourself as a team doing what you did for that value. 

And he's a piece of shit scumbag. 

1 minute ago, hx214 said:

WTF are you talking about. 

Have you seen Watson's numbers? Mitch Tribisky has more wins and he played for the freaking BEARS. 

If he is so freaking great, why did they win the same number of games with and without him?

Who gives a shit if Watson is better than Baker. What did I say in that post that had said anything otherwise? I ask you why you think Watson could compete in the AFC based on his career that would justify the cost and screwing yourself as a team doing what you did for that value. 

And he's a piece of shit scumbag. 

You really gonna just go by wins? So many examples.....That means Garapolo is better than almost every NFL QB playing right now,  If you do then Lamar Jackson is way better than Baker. Dude, you can argue all you want that Baker is better or nearly....you're wrong and no one thinks that outside of Cleveland.

Maybe he is a scumbag...Idgaf....just like Albert Belle running over kids, Hunt punching chicks, and Jim Brown beating women.....I don't function as a moral cop with athletes. if the court clear u...then its between u and God

5 minutes ago, laiccm said:

No because that would mean Nick Foles and Flacco are better than Marino Jim Kelly...and as explained that means Lamar Jackson is much better than Baker. You eblieve those things?

So if wins and losses don’t count, how do they determine which teams go to the playoffs?

Extremely disappointing that we missed on all 3 big names this off season. I honestly think it's less the Browns, and more of the AFC being a total nightmare to get out of for a Super Bowl appearance that made Watson's decision an NFC team. Mahomes, Josh Allen, R. Wilson, Burrow, L. Jackson, Herbert and we play in the toughest division in the NFL. 

Nothing in this league gets leaked unless it is done intentionally. "We need an adult at QB" was leaked on purpose and I agree 100%. Bitch Baker has the mental and emotional capacity of a 13 year old boy. He posts a passive-aggressive beta bitch message on Tuesday. So the question is what can we get for Bitch Baker now? Maybe a 3rd rounder from the Colts? I don't know what his trade value would be, but it's not high. 

34 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

So if wins and losses don’t count, how do they determine which teams go to the playoffs?

Is that what you got out of the reply? Are we grading entire teams or quarterbacks? WTF Stafford's horrible record having azz in Detroit garnered so many picks? And what happened? A Superbowl

22 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Extremely disappointing that we missed on all 3 big names this off season. I honestly think it's less the Browns, and more of the AFC being a total nightmare to get out of for a Super Bowl appearance that made Watson's decision an NFC team. Mahomes, Josh Allen, R. Wilson, Burrow, L. Jackson, Herbert and we play in the toughest division in the NFL. 

Nothing in this league gets leaked unless it is done intentionally. "We need an adult at QB" was leaked on purpose and I agree 100%. Bitch Baker has the mental and emotional capacity of a 13 year old boy. He posts a passive-aggressive beta bitch message on Tuesday. So the question is what can we get for Bitch Baker now? Maybe a 3rd rounder from the Colts? I don't know what his trade value would be, but it's not high. 

No emotional discipline whatsoever

13 minutes ago, Dste Ace said:

Baker requests trade. Browns tell him no.

This, ladies and germs, is what is commonly referred to as "Brownsing it up".

Somehow I expect Baker to retire for 2022 if he doesn’t want to be on the roster.

They should've known before they went on the visit that he wasn't going to go to a cold city anyway ('cept maybe NY).  It was all a waste of time and effort...and of course pissed Baker off in the process...which is ok if you were gonna get the guy...but they had no chance.

well, jimma haslam is now an asswhole, because that was an asswhole attempt to find a qb.

He needs to sell the team or go watch the team from a distance. Like, Siberia.

with no phone, no internet. Just a shack out in the wilderness/frozen tundra so he can't

do any more damage.

dammit.