THE BROWNS BOARD

Schefter: Watson to Browns

Riffer X

13 minutes ago, Pavo Joe said:

Not only has Vag read the contract he has also declared that he refuses to hear one fucking peep about moral high ground from anyone here. A squeller fan on a Browns message board telling us what we can post. You could just go away.

Post what you want. I like some people here. I post here for that reason and just for interdivision news. I refuse to hear a peep about moral high ground from anyone here because most have been saying rapistburger for 20 years. Lol

Peep this, you now have 133m next season tied up in 6 players. You are going to have to get 47 guys signed for under 87m. Have fun! 

2 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Peep this, you now have 133m next season tied up in 6 players. You are going to have to get 47 guys signed for under 87m. Have fun! 

Can’t argue with that.

I can’t wait to see the quality of the Green Bay defense after giving Rogers that fat contract.

Unless something drastically happens with the salary cap, I expect that defense will be made up of cast offs and practice squad players.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Can’t argue with that.

I can’t wait to see the quality of the Green Bay defense after giving Rogers that fat contract.

Unless something drastically happens with the salary cap, I expect that defense will be made up of cast offs and practice squad players.

I can argue with it…it’s tied to an elite pass rusher, a top 8 QB, and protection of the QB.  

And We have two other defensive cornerstones that will be on rookie deals the next four years.

It ain’t that bad. 

5 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I can argue with it…it’s tied to an elite pass rusher, a top 8 QB, and protection of the QB.  

And We have two other defensive cornerstones that will be on rookie deals the next four years.

It ain’t that bad. 

Yeah…ok, if you say so. 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

I have a serious question for those that are outraged after DW's signing, but for some reason weren't before even though Hunt plays on the team and has a significant role:

Is it strictly the numbers that matter to you? Meaning it's OK if it's just one woman but you draw the line at 23?

Is it the offense that bothers you? Sex stuff is where you draw the line, and sometimes "loud, nasty bitches acting the fool" just gotta be boot stomped and punched, cause after all, they deserve it?

Is it DW is a QB and Hunt is just a RB? 

^ All serious questions, and all I'm am asking is you to do is actually think about it and look inside yourself for just 90 seconds before furiously typing your reply. Anyone here is free to search my posts on when we signed Hunt and you will see that I thought (and still do) that he was (is) a piece of shit of a man that I saw with my own 2 eyes do exactly what he was accused of doing.  

EDIT: I'm guessing this post will more than likely roll right on by with no quotes or replies because defending any one of those 3 questions would - and quite frankly should, make anyone look at themselves just a little differently the next time they brush their teeth. 

I'm not defending DW (with the lone exception being his right that he is innocent until proven guilty) and I wish our franchise QB was someone like Peyton Manning in terms of character...... but I guess in typical Browns fashion, it's simply a careful what you wish for thing. 

EDIT2: .... and don't even get me started on the team we all root for being owned by a white collar crook that stole from the tables of hard working people. 

^ This is why you all should watch Supercross. There is literally none of this shit there and all of the dudes are easy to root for. 

D Bone, my feeling is there's plenty of Browns fans out there who don't give a rat if Watson (or Hunt) is a sleazebag, as long as they're helping us win games. Probably an equal number ready to turn in their fan cards. 

As to the accusations, where there's smoke there's fire. Can it be the sexual equivalent of  an ambulance chasing lawyer who thinks he can get a big cash settlement for his clients that initially didn't adequately get compensated for sex rubs? I don't doubt it. Like you signed up to work in a massage parlor and had NO idea that sort of stuff went on there? Spare me the indignation Mr. Lawyer.  

I'll close with this thought. Too bad the Gipper is no longer with us to put in his 0.02. This civil side could well turn out to be long and ugly. With serious continuing PR ramifications for the Browns.  The burden of proof is a lot lower in a civil case as opposed to a criminal one.  OJ got cleared of criminal charges, but Brown's family successfully sued him for wrongful death in civil court. 

MHO is I wish we didn't have to deal with a guy who's bringing along as much baggage with him as a full luggage carousel at O Hare. Josh Allen, he isn't.  

PS- as I mentioned earlier, fans have short memories. Had to Google it for the details, but way back in 2005 those naughty Vikings players took a cruise on "The Love Boat". :)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Yeah…ok, if you say so. 🤦‍♂️

Lol. Okay.

Would you rather have us draft a QB at 13 so we pay a rookie contract to an unproven QB?

Does part of you wish Myles Garrett was a bust? 

The previous decades we were void of talent and didn’t have to pay others or come in the vicinity of the cap or even consider second contracts.

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Can’t argue with that.

You are going to find out how well the Browns can or can't draft in a hurry. It was a brain dead contract. Draft picks are justified. 

7 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

The histrionics by some of these Browns "fans" over the Watson signing is a head-scratcher to me.

This is America, where you are innocent until proven guilty. Watson was brought before a grand jury where his accusers testified in open court, and the grand jury did not find enough evidence to bring any charges against him. Zip. Zero. Nada. I hardly believe that the Browns FO and other team's FO's would have pursued Watson if any of those accusations had teeth.

And it's kind of interesting how all these accusations came out of the woodwork shortly after Watson demanded a trade from the Texans last year. Interesting timing.

Deshaun Watson fires back at 22 accusers with ‘money grab’ claim

In a  court of law, yes.  Personally I have a higher standard for moral issues as do most people.

17 hours ago, beare said:

its sorta funny how lots on here talked bout big ben but now condone the browns getting watson! I hate ben i hate the steelers but ben looks like a saint compared to watson!

If you’ve been here long enough, you realize Browns fans will accept anything if the player is on the team and performing.  

3 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

you realize Browns fans will accept anything if the player is on the team and performing.  

I believe that go's for most if not all sports teams fans

• Upvote 1

Any QB needy team would have welcomed a player of Deshaun’s caliber. I don’t think there has ever been a greater need for an elite QB. Browns need a super bowl: Watson has the ability.

He is also a great fit for Cleveland football. Big arm, accurate, mobile, tough.

Keep the O-line healthy/add O-Line depth, feed the Chubb and Hunt.. and dominate.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Vagitron said:

There is a real possibility watson doesn’t play a down this season. He has a load of civil suits still pending. It drives that first up even higher. Luckily you all have case Keenum who should have played more last year. Watson is a stud but that trade is wiiiiiiillllld and it’s wildness is being ignored. 230m fully guaranteed, three firsts and additional undisclosed draft picks. 

Watson was accused of putting his dick in someone’s hand who was unwilling to hold it. 

Roethlisberger was accused of putting his dick in someone’s vagina without their consent. 

Ray Lewis 

Ray Rice

Mike Vick

Joe Mixon

Crazy fuck from the Panthers Mod Edit:  Greg Hardy 

Kareem Hunt

Tyreek Hill 

Josh Gordon

A few hundred other people. 

we’re either going to keep watching the sport in spite of what all these idiots keep doing or not. If not, so be it. I understand. Im going to keep watching for now. 

• Upvote 1

Business decisions in the NFL>Than moral decisions and personal opinions of fans and media.

With that, i will wait and see what Watson does on the field.

If he wins here..it all goes away, and if you say "but,but" just look at the history of violence,charges,etc in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

You are going to find out how well the Browns can or can't draft in a hurry. It was a brain dead contract. Draft picks are justified. 

Brain dead? Yeah- if some Browns fans don't want to think the ONLY reason Watson changed his mind was because of the $$$, you're right- they're brain dead.  

Aw gee, guess the Browns are bad guys for resetting the compensation level of quarterbacks in the NFL arms race?  38 year old Aaron Rodgers has $150 million guaranteed over three years. Five years ago, Joe Q Fan thought it was nuts when the Vikings gave Kirk Cousins (when by today's standards) a piddly $80 million fully guaranteed.  Some eyebrows got raised when the Chiefs made news giving Mahomes 10 years and $450 million. So by those yardsticks, Five years $230 million isn't quite as outrageous as it sounds.  

Yeah, the guy's low on the moral meter, but as was previously posted- there's tons of current and former NFL players who were worse. Should Watson lives up to his past performance level, and stay out of any further trouble.. He's going to be worth the price paid.. for your perusal VAg...  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatsDe00.htm

PS- you remove Watson's baggage, and I count 14 NFL teams who would be thrilled to have him, and there were at least several other teams besides the Browns who wanted him with his baggage.   :) 

• Upvote 1

Maybe it's just me but surely we could have found an untainted QB with those 3 1st rounders in trade value. It's called move up for the best QB. Maybe not this year for I just don't see one that is a sure fire SB level QB. But surely within the next couple of years while we stack the rest of the chips onto the team to give him the best chance to succeed.

Too much baggage added to that makes it untenable. Throw in a key injury to said Mr. Watson and the Browns are once again head clowns of the donkey league.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Eh.  He's the QB now.  I support him.  Go Browns!

Loosely... He has a lot to prove to me before I can buy in...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Brain dead? Yeah- if some Browns fans don't want to think the ONLY reason Watson changed his mind was because of the $$$, you're right- they're brain dead.  

Aw gee, guess the Browns are bad guys for resetting the compensation level of quarterbacks in the NFL arms race?  38 year old Aaron Rodgers has $150 million guaranteed over three years. Five years ago, Joe Q Fan thought it was nuts when the Vikings gave Kirk Cousins (when by today's standards) a piddly $80 million fully guaranteed.  Some eyebrows got raised when the Chiefs made news giving Mahomes 10 years and $450 million. So by those yardsticks, Five years $230 million isn't quite as outrageous as it sounds.  

Yeah, the guy's low on the moral meter, but as was previously posted- there's tons of current and former NFL players who were worse. Should Watson lives up to his past performance level, and stay out of any further trouble.. He's going to be worth the price paid.. for your perusal VAg...  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatsDe00.htm

PS- you remove Watson's baggage, and I count 14 NFL teams who would be thrilled to have him, and there were at least several other teams besides the Browns who wanted him with his baggage.   :) 

The problem is all that money is fully guaranteed. You are also 100% correct on if the baggage is gone. However if the baggage were gone he may be a steeler. It's where he wanted to be based on several reports. I'm glad he's not at that cost. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

The problem is all that money is fully guaranteed. You are also 100% correct on if the baggage is gone. However if the baggage were gone he may be a steeler. It's where he wanted to be based on several reports. I'm glad he's not at that cost. 

I don't care about the costs (not my money and he only gets 1 million next year)..I'm glad we didn't have to give up any players.

5 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Watson was accused of putting his dick in someone’s hand who was unwilling to hold it. 

Roethlisberger was accused of putting his dick in someone’s vagina without their consent. 

Ray Lewis 

Ray Rice

Mike Vick

Joe Mixon

Crazy fuck from the Panthers Mod Edit:  Greg Hardy 

Kareem Hunt

Tyreek Hill 

Josh Gordon

A few hundred other people. 

we’re either going to keep watching the sport in spite of what all these idiots keep doing or not. If not, so be it. I understand. Im going to keep watching for now. 

Yup...shoot add the Patriots and Colts owner. Some of these people voted for Trump or Clinton and supported some Supreme Court Justices who were accused-the people we are supposed to look up to.  There is something to be said that a Grand Jury did not indict....it's a super low bar

49 minutes ago, laiccm said:

Some of these people voted for Trump or Clinton and supported some Supreme Court Justices who were accused-the people we are supposed to look up to.  There is something to be said that a Grand Jury did not indict....it's a super low bar

put your bullshit where it belongs 

4 hours ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Just to piss off nickers and cantondawg.

Don't forget that's flamebaiting, and I still have my Mod powers. I declare neutrality (for the time being).  

• Haha 1