THE BROWNS BOARD

Schefter: Watson to Browns

Riffer X

Just now, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Open photo

There is a real possibility watson doesn’t play a down this season. He has a load of civil suits still pending. It drives that first up even higher. Luckily you all have case Keenum who should have played more last year. Watson is a stud but that trade is wiiiiiiillllld and it’s wildness is being ignored. 230m fully guaranteed, three firsts and additional undisclosed draft picks.Β 

2 minutes ago, ATOM said:

well he is are q.b so who do you think will play during the suspensionΒ 

Β 

1 minute ago, Vagitron said:

There is a real possibility watson doesn’t play a down this season. He has a load of civil suits still pending. It drives that first up even higher. Luckily you all have case Keenum who should have played more last year. Watson is a stud but that trade is wiiiiiiillllld and it’s wildness is being ignored. 230m fully guaranteed, three firsts and additional undisclosed draft picks.Β 

The fact that you are still on a Browns Board after a big browns announcement on a Friday…has me over the moon that this will work out.Β 

• Upvote 1

Just now, SdBacker80 said:

Β 

The fact that you are still on a Browns Board after a big browns announcement on a Friday…has me over the moon that this will work out.Β 

You keep engaging and I keep getting notified. I’m just waiting on the honey badger. I could be in here yelling rapist. Be glad I’m not doing that. I’ve been posting here a long time.Β 

2 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Β 

Your spinning is cute tho. Better hope he doesn’t blow out a knee. πŸ‘€

fuuuuulllllllllly guaranteeeeeeeeed.

52 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

The Steelers via FA have opened their entire draft to do whatever the hell they want. Honey badger opposite minkah is very possible. All the new contracts are also structured to get out of. You may want to check the qb’s next draft. Watson is terrific but his contract is fully guaranteed and it’s a lot. No firsts for three seasons and who knows what else. You should be happy but acting like the browns are going to run away with the division now is hilarious. I was already talking about how the browns were going to have trouble keeping the roster together and they just gave 230 to one guy, all guaranteed. He’s still gonna be running from our d which is getting better by the day. If Mitch sucks stroud is in play. πŸ€™

Well, plain as mud now why the Browns dumped Tretter and Landry...Β  Welcome to Cap Hell Browns... BTW, they had better hope Denzel Ward will give them a hometown discount, he's in line for a big raise.Β Β 

• Upvote 1

Decades of not having a Super Bowl caliber quarterback. Finally, the drought has ended. I can’t believe this turnaround.

Does it come with a caveat? Oh hell yeah. Big time. There is shit to deal with. But will that noise be drowned out by his play on the field? Wouldn’t be the first time.

I’m excited to finally see my team with a legit QB.Β 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Unsympathetic said:

Also, Watson won't take the snap in Berea and drop back to Strongsville before throwing.Β  Wherever Baker goes, good luck with that OL..

This was the most obvious take away from the empty looks.Β  Β Depth is 6-7yards.Β  Β It's outstanding.

6 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Figured I'd get an early jump on what we're looking at.

Watching Watson operate from empty sets is night and day different than watching Baker.

Watch some of the goal line sets. Β The back shoulder dimes. Β Placement with hisΒ fadeΒ routes and the uncomfortable way he makes the defense think about his running ability. Β Red zone offense is going to be a night and day differenceΒ 

23 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

It's not nearlyΒ as wild when you consider what the Broncos just gave up to get Russell Wilson,Β  Vag....Β  It was draft picks or players...Β  We might have been able to cut it down to two firsts, at the cost of giving up say Denzel Ward and a couple more players, but supposedly the Texans only wanted picks... Well- they just got a boatload of them.Β Β 

"The Broncos have agreed to trade quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, defensive lineman Shelby Harris, two first-round picks (2022 -- No. 9 overall -- and 2023), two second-round picks (2022 -- No. 40 overall -- and 2023) and a 2022 fifth-round selection to the Seahawks for Wilson and a 2022 fourth-round pick"Β 

You can quibble about the contract, but in case you're ignoring it, Wilson is sevenΒ years older than Watson.Β  Β 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Well, plain as mud now why the Browns dumped Tretter and Landry...Β  Welcome to Cap Hell Browns... BTW, they had better hope Denzel Ward will give them a hometown discount, he's in line for a big raise.Β Β 

Well we drafted NewsomeΒ 

1] Note from far down the article -- Three first-rounders was Texans asking price.Β  So that was part of the dealΒ no matter what the contract was going to be.

2] 46/yr is actually right in line with the other current top contracts -- mahomes is 45, allen is 43, rodgers is 50.Β  So not really more hell than the other teams with probowl QB's.

Now, to get the return on that money will be another thing entirely..Β Β Maybe Clowney and OBJ will give us a probowlQB discount?

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Β Garrett is a $28 million cap hit next season, Amari Cooper $20 million, Watsons $48-Β  Three players $96Β million.

I hope they know what they're doing.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, ATOM said:

i think i just need to chill untill after the smoke clears

Β where I'm at ^^

as a fan. I can't remember 2 worse flustered days as a browns fan than the last 2 days.. 😀 

Than This !

a whole lot of smoke will get clearingΒ sooner or later...

Β Β 

Question? for anyone- is it true Watson's attorney worked Haslam case?Β 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gorka said:

Β Garrett is a $28 million cap hit next season, Amari Cooper $20 million, Watsons $48-Β  Three players $96Β million.

I hope they know what they're doing.

Cooper is on a one year prove it deal.Β  Actually, it's a zero year deal, his dead cap this year is a big fat nothing.Β  I'm more concerned about Ward, he's on the final year of his rookie contract at $13 million and he's a UFA next year. I doubt he'd be willing to take less.Β  Β 

Supposedly the Browns have offered Clowney 2 years $24 million. Will a shot at a Super Bowl make him change his mind and come back?Β  Also depends on how long Watson is going to be suspended for.Β Β 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It's not nearlyΒ as wild when you consider what the Broncos just gave up to get Russell Wilson,Β  Vag....Β  It was draft picks or players...Β  We might have been able to cut it down to two firsts, at the cost of giving up say Denzel Ward and a couple more players, but supposedly the Texans only wanted picks... Well- they just got a boatload of them.Β Β 

"The Broncos have agreed to trade quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, defensive lineman Shelby Harris, two first-round picks (2022 -- No. 9 overall -- and 2023), two second-round picks (2022 -- No. 40 overall -- and 2023) and a 2022 fifth-round selection to the Seahawks for Wilson and a 2022 fourth-round pick"Β 

You can quibble about the contract, but in case you're ignoring it, Wilson is sevenΒ years older than Watson.Β  Β 

The draft picks I expected. It’s the 230m fully guaranteed that I think is insane. He has at least 12 civil suits pending.Β 

Is this the Holier Than Thou thread? They certainly aren't going to suspendΒ him now. If he settles with one or more of these women he may get a slap on the wrist at that point,Β but how many games do you get for trying get the masseuse to touch your dick?

Didn't rape anyone, didn't assault anyone, didn't get involved in a murder cover upΒ (Hi, Ray!), he wanted the masseuses to touch his junk. I'm sure it happens all the time. And when you get an attorney with a vendetta that promises these young massage therapists that they can get paid, then the stories start pouring in.

He'll do the Ben thing: Get married and start a family and proclaim himself a new man and we'll all move on get SB rings for a change.

Zombo

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Vagitron said:

The draft picks I expected. It’s the 230m fully guaranteed that I think is insane. He has at least 12 civil suits pending.Β 

As I mentioned to Flugels...Β  $230 millionΒ will make a lot of those suits go away...Β  And correct me if I'm wrong... But didn't Ben have to pay off some of his accusers?Β  Β 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Well fellas, I'm a man of my word. I can hope against hope the backlash in Cleveland is enough to cause an uprising, but it won't be.

Easy decision for me to not support this team and organization until the sexual deviant is gone. It's going to be a hard break from this board, so I genuinely hope the best for all of you. I've come to see many of you as virtual fans and buddies with me, and I hope life treats you well. None of you bastards better die on me until God willing this board is still operational and this clown is off the team. I'm not trying to be holier than thou, but this is an easy line in the sand for me.

Best of luck-JustinΒ 

go root for buffaloΒ  later

• Upvote 1