THE BROWNS BOARD

Dobbs

Westside Steve

18 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

"Cleveland Browns sign QB Josh Dobbs - Dawgs By Nature" https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2022/4/8/23017370/cleveland-browns-sign-quarterback-josh-dobbs

WSS

I guess the QB room wasn't black enough... My money says Eric Bienemy will be the new Browns coach in 23... The Fritz Pollard Alliance is alive and well..

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, nickers said:

I guess the QB room wasn't black enough... My money say Eric Bienemy will be the new Browns coach in 23... The Fritz Pollard Alliance is alive and well..

Still waiting on you to give us a link of an article outlying how Watson demanded all his white coached be fired in Houston and replaced with black coaches.

Thanks in advance. 

a) Watson suspension coming?

b.) Browns have trade partner for Baker Mayfield?

c) Needed a safe option Camp Arm?

QB 4 Watson, Deshaun T/Hou 6 Mayfield, Baker 18/1 7 Brissett, Jacoby U/Mia 00 Dobbs, Joshua U/Pit

d) None of the above

50 minutes ago, nickers said:

I guess the QB room wasn't ______ enough... 

Fwiw...  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/07/report-deshaun-watson-advocated-for-eric-bieniemy-as-head-coach/

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

a) Watson suspension coming?

b.) Browns have trade partner for Baker Mayfield?

c) Needed a safe option Camp Arm?

QB 4 Watson, Deshaun T/Hou 6 Mayfield, Baker 18/1 7 Brissett, Jacoby U/Mia 00 Dobbs, Joshua U/Pit

d) None of the above

Fwiw...  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/07/report-deshaun-watson-advocated-for-eric-bieniemy-as-head-coach/

It's most-likely "c" but of course, if Watson is suspended Dobbs is QB3, possiblt QB2 if he looks better than Brissett. 

Dobbs didn't get much playing time, but he's a veteran & he's tall. More mobile than Brissett.

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Still waiting on you to give us a link of an article outlying how Watson demanded all his white coached be fired in Houston and replaced with black coaches.

Thanks in advance. 

I don't know that it was a demand. He did advocate for Eric Bienemy.

I doubt he would hesitate to tell Jimmy Haslam what needs to be done with our coaching staff.

WSS

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

It's most-likely "c" but of course, if Watson is suspended Dobbs is QB3, possiblt QB2 if he looks better than Brissett. 

Dobbs didn't get much playing time, but he's a veteran & he's tall. More mobile than Brissett.

I've had a odd feeling, AB's got a Baker deal in place/draft with the Lions/Panthers/Atlanta/Hawks in day 2 or 3? Saints might feel a Jimmy G away in day 1 or 2? 

Medically cleared ?... should come into play with both cases.. 

Baker's still a year better option, than tossing any of these QB rookies into the fire... Marriota? Darnold? Goff? Lock?/ They'd win no camp battle with the chip that #6 will be carrying

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I've had a odd feeling, AB's got a Baker deal in place/draft with the Lions/Panthers/Atlanta/Hawks in day 2 or 3? Saints might feel a Jimmy G away in day 1 or 2? 

Medically cleared ?... should come into play with both cases.. 

Baker's still a year better option, than tossing any of these QB rookies into the fire... Marriota? Darnold? Goff? Luck?/ They'd win no camp battle with the chip that #6 will be carrying

Andrew Luck...?

53 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Lady Luck

I'm even more convinced that is what this current BROWNS quarterback roulette is becoming.  Getting a guy to replace a guy and getting a guy to replace guy #1 if needed......and now another guy to...wait a minute  what's the plan here ?  Big guaranteed contracts and baggage in your top spot, whoa.

Thats why I prefer craps it's quicker.  C'mon 7 or 11.

Anyone else here miss the Bernie Kosar or Brian Sipe type about now ? 

GO BROWNS  !

And from SI today.......

Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson will have to answer questions aiming to determine whether he had sex with any of the 18 massage therapists who issued statements of support for the quarterback, according to USA Today’s Brent Schrotenboer about Tuesday’s ruling. 

The 26-year-old is facing 22 active civil lawsuits concerning sexual harassment and assault during massage therapy sessions. The lawsuits describe .......  

~~~~~~~~~ ♡ ~~~~~~~~~

Oh say no more this is already a incredibly stupid ordeal  placed upon the BROWNS nation.  Just how do you fix this ?  Or are we just stuck with it. 

And I read where Jim Thome's wife said that they would not be extending their season tickets because of the Watson deal.  Amazing. 

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I doubt he would hesitate to tell Jimmy Haslam what needs to be done with our coaching staff.

WSS

He also advocated the GM be black too... I saw this on social media... I just can't remember which outlet...

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

You gotta love nickers saying the quiet part out loud. Just keep it in the poli board man.

Hey Dexter... I was never shy about saying what many people actually think... But then again... I'm not a woke snowflake pussy...

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

And from SI today.......

Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson will have to answer questions aiming to determine whether he had sex with any of the 18 massage therapists who issued statements of support for the quarterback, according to USA Today’s Brent Schrotenboer about Tuesday’s ruling. 

The 26-year-old is facing 22 active civil lawsuits concerning sexual harassment and assault during massage therapy sessions. The lawsuits describe .......  

~~~~~~~~~ ♡ ~~~~~~~~~

Oh say no more this is already a incredibly stupid ordeal  placed upon the BROWNS nation.  Just how do you fix this ?  Or are we just stuck with it. 

And I read where Jim Thome's wife said that they would not be extending their season tickets because of the Watson deal.  Amazing. 

I support her decision 100%!!

6 hours ago, nickers said:

Hey Dexter... I was never shy about saying what many people actually think... But then again... I'm not a woke snowflake pussy...

What's painfully obvious is that you are a bitter, miserable person.

It's actually enjoyable seeing you prove this with every asinine, moronic post you bring to this message board.

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Pretty wide chasm between advocating for a coach he believes in - and demanding that the entire coaching staff be turned over based on the color of their skin. You have to take a pretty big running racist leap from one thing to the other.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

Pretty wide chasm between advocating for a coach he believes in - and demanding that the entire coaching staff be turned over based on the color of their skin. You have to take a pretty big running racist leap from one thing to the other.

Are you familiar with nicker's work on here?

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

Two different issues.

Remember the holdout spark in part by his disapproval of a coaching  hire. 

But I was just clarifying for the Dutchman's sake.

WSS

3 hours ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Are you familiar with nicker's work on here?

What Dutch said. No "running racist lead". Just a normal, every day stroll 

11 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Two different issues.

Remember the holdout spark in part by his disapproval of a coaching  hire. 

But I was just clarifying for the Dutchman's sake.

WSS

nickers is a big boy.

He can explain his stupid posts that can't be backed up by facts on his own. 

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

nickers is a big boy.

He can explain his stupid posts that can't be backed up by facts on his own. 

The deep and searing pain of having annoyed you will stay with me until my dying day. I hope eventually  you will be able to accept my heartfelt apology. 

WSS

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

The deep and searing pain of having annoyed you will stay with me until my dying day. I hope eventually  you will be able to accept my heartfelt apology. 

WSS

Now start apologizing to everyone for that cesspool that is your political forum. 😆

21 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

and, to get a little back on topic, I think Dobbs will be a good backup. He was good at Tennessee 

Very smart kid from what I remember when I lived in TN.  He graduated from UT with a 4.0 GPA; and earned his degree in Aerospace Engineering. 

Even though I had season tickets to Vandy back then; I didn't mind seeing him play well when they were on TV every Saturday.  This is a good signing IMO.

I remembered getting stopped by a guy at 1 of the home games when he saw me wearing a Vandy T-shirt and a Cleveland Browns hat on my dome.  He said "you poor thing."   He already knew I wasn't the brightest apple in the orchard so I had to be quick with my reply.  I said, "yeah I can't stand teams that score TDs and winning is overrated!"  The sad thing is I think he really believed me...  

• Haha 2