THE BROWNS BOARD

Your Opinion On Student Loan Forgiveness

D Bone

35 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Mmhmm, got it. That is one way for you to strawman this and feel like you've won. Facts be damned. 

I'm in my generation. I want to see some student loan relief. I've paid off my loans and won't be directly affected by this at all. Please explain how I want "free shit"?

Your generation although some are good, are mostly immature lazy kids.

38 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Mmhmm, got it. That is one way for you to strawman this and feel like you've won. Facts be damned. 

I'm in my generation. I want to see some student loan relief. I've paid off my loans and won't be directly affected by this at all. Please explain how I want "free shit"?

I’m in my generation too. And I want someone else to pay off my car.
But, it’s not going to happen, nor should it 

Pay your own debts. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

368085D3-A3BC-4481-A474-C9F82D177088.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

That's pretty simple. Why would Nancy Pelosi Maxine Waters Chuck Schumer Joe Biden John Kerry and any other multi-millionaire Democrat want more free shit?

There are other similar issues but we will stick to that one. For now.

WSS

You didn't answer my question

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You didn't answer my question

Oh sorry. Well let's say the folks I mentioned before do it in order to garner favor with deadbeats whose votes keep them in unimaginable power. As for you? Here's a little Dime Store psychology. You do it because you believe that virtue signalling makes you seem like a big shot to the other liberals. And to show the world how superior you are too selfish bastards like those of us who think people should stand on their own two feet if possible You know, basically just posturing to try to make us think that you deeply care about your fellow man, even though your way of helping them only includes throwing them a few dollars of somebody else's money.

And that's not just you a lot of people including just about all politicians do that.

Anyway that's my answer. Here's a question for you: I've mentioned chasing the dragon; how much free shit is enough? Is every American entitled to 16 years of education lodging basic clothing food transportation Medical Care a communication device and a basic cable package? 

Would that be enough and no one would ever want more?

WSS

PS I am sorry if this sounds harsher  that it was meant to be.

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Oh sorry. Well let's say the folks I mentioned before do it in order to garner favor with deadbeats whose votes keep them in unimaginable power. As for you? Here's a little Dime Store psychology. You do it because you believe that virtue signalling makes you seem like a big shot to the other liberals. And to show the world how superior you are too selfish bastards like those of us who think people should stand on their own two feet if possible You know, basically just posturing to try to make us think that you deeply care about your fellow man, even though your way of helping them only includes throwing them a few dollars of somebody else's money.

And that's not just you a lot of people including just about all politicians do that.

Anyway that's my answer. Here's a question for you: I've mentioned chasing the dragon; how much free shit is enough? Is every American entitled to 16 years of education lodging basic clothing food transportation Medical Care a communication device and a basic cable package? 

Would that be enough and no one would ever want more?

WSS

PS I am sorry if this sounds harsher  that it was meant to be.

You can make it sound however you like. I have no reason to be offended by some guy on the internet. I appreciate the thought there, but don't worry about it.

Obviously I disagree with you assumption. I don't care at all what I seem like to "other liberals". And however left you and others think I am here, I'm not. Definitely not among those around my age. Believe me. It's just common sense to me on a lot of topics that have been characterized at left. Like legalizing weed. No one around my age group would call me a liberal because I believe we should legalize weed. They'd just after that it's an obvious thing we should do.

Also, I've voted to increase my taxes a few times. So it isn't out of just someone else's pockets. I believe real change has to come systemically and many times that's driven by the government. A perfect example is climate change. I can eat less meat and all of that, but it is an infinitesmal impact. The whole idea of a carbon footprint was started by oil companies to move the focus off of them. Reap change is driven by policies and regulations, not the free market, even if some here disagree with me on that. At the very best the free market will just move way too slow. 

I believe in these causes because I believe they're the best thing for out country. Many conservatives seem incapable of walking a mile in another man's shoes. If something doesn't affect them directly then they see no reason to care about it. For example, Republican politicians years ago that were against gay marriage until they learned they had a gay son. Etc. Call it virtue signaling if you want, but I tryily believe we're better off as a whole by reducing the impact of student loans and, at a higher level, closing the wealth gap. And I'm someone that won't directly impact from any of these policies. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/white-house-caps-exclude-high-earners-student-loan-relief-2022-4?amp

Here is the latest news on potential reimbursement. It has a lot of stuff I agree with. Limiting it for high earners and limiting it to undergrad degrees. Both limitations that remove my ability to benefit at all. I repeat, no "free shit" for me, but I still support this. 

It is all about seeing an issue that doesn't affect you from the lens of someone that it does. Not just creating strawman arguments about lazy kids to falsely justify your stance. You'll call that virtue signaling or whatever. I just think it's a view that helps our country as a whole.