THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns fans are a confusing bunch.

Neo

2 hours ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

I'd definitely take that Houston QB. More yards, more TD's, less interceptions (this is huge), higher completion percentage, more game winning drives, higher QBR. And he did it with way less talent than the Cleveland QB.

All good points 

Digging deeper completions 1185 to 1186 but one with more attempts.   Watson two 11 win seasons to one, two 4,000+ passing yard seasons to none (play calling, WRs? ) .  And with 14,000+ passing yards each  only 224 apart.  More fun with numbers. 

Bottom line i liked Mayfield in his 1½  exciting seasons  ‐but-  two thuds (injuries? ).  And we will only know if  "The Watson Deal"  is a good or bad deal IF :

1. The legal mess somehow can be resolved.   2. Watson can prove that he is a franchise quarterback   -and-   worth that mega contract. 

The character or morals thing may take years if ever to resolve itself.   It will be talked about " to death " this coming preseason,  season and beyond.  What a shame. 

GO BROWNS,  we real fans still love ya',   Time to draft and get ready for some football  !      :)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

sounds like putin "doesn't care about the war crimes and genocide, he just wants to win" ?

Well, I know I never should have invoked your name, and I already regret replying but you know what, I'm gonna go ahead and give it a shot and try to untangle your twisted mind.

Ok, here we go...

Putin would be the Browns in this situation.

Winning the war then is the SuperBowl.

And thus, obviously, war crimes and genocide would be akin to handjobs and blowjobs.

Hmmm ... Makes perfect sense when you break it down.

I mean, let's take it a step further ... Those massage girls who solicited Watson on Instagram ... They are innocent Ukranian families being bombed, terrorized and tortured.

Z

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Well, I know I never should have invoked your name, and I already regret replying but you know what, I'm gonna go ahead and give it a shot and try to untangle your twisted mind.

Ok, here we go...

And thus, obviously, war crimes and genocide would be akin to handjobs and blowjobs.

I mean, let's take it a step further ... Those massage girls who solicited Watson on Instagram ... They are innocent Ukranian families being bombed, terrorized and tortured.

Z

Z, I'm not going to get into a political debate with someone here... I have Cal on ignore, for obvious reasons. A general waste of my time trying to counter the master of spin and whataboutism, I try my best to avoid responding. However, if I scan posts before I log in, I can see everything that's been posted. Just sayin'- apparently what's moral in politics or sports depends on how far you have your head up the ass of a certain politician.  :)  

So in a word to Cal.... If you're not going to follow the Browns, I'd strongly suggest you stop posting your hurt feelings about Berry & Company's lack of morality bringing in Deshaun already. ALL  of us know your POV, so drop it. 

On 4/24/2022 at 11:40 AM, calfoxwc said:

this is bs. Everybody has their own opinion - the browns didn't "try to bring a franchise qb here". Watson can play, he isn't a star qb, he is a cancer, and apparently a sleazy in trouble with the law asswhole. The browns want to bring a winner to clevelad? then WHY give up THREE FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS for this garbage reputation? Why alienate about half of the fans who can't and won't support this jerk?

I've been to Browns games before I was born. As a kid, I went with my Parents to see the browns play pittsburg in an exhibition game vs the squealers. I"ve watched Browns seasons through so many coaches. Decades and decades.

Columbus Crew soccer fans protest Browns trade for Deshaun ...

The decision by Cleveland Browns owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam to trade for former Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson has led to a backlash among fans of another team they own, the Columbus Crew.

I watched Blanton Collier teach kids how to pass a football in a video back in the day as a kid. You judging fans who don't agree with you is stupid.

The haslams doing this - was NOT for the fans or the team, not for winning. It was for going woke with the NFL. Seriously, they draft this "scumbucket" ? then they sign two other qb's who ....are all black.

If the browns had traded two first round draft picks to draft say, PIckett? and traded Baker? I'd be fine with that.

This was a slutty move by the Browns.

honestly i believe your best bet would be to  go root for buffalo

• Haha 1

People are harping on us giving up so many picks for little gain in QB ability (by certain stats).  But how much better were Matthew Stafford's stats over Goff's on the day before the trade?  

The Rams felt that Goff wasn't good enough to win the Super Bowl with.  So they traded for Stafford and proved that they were right.  (and THEY were the team that traded way up in the draft to DRAFT Goff)

We are / were in the same boat.  And Watson's stats, on a worse team, are much better than Baker's.  

Tom Brady recently said in an interview, "You can't wait for the Super Bowl to come to you.  You have to make it happen".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, syd said:

honestly i believe your best bet would be to  go root for Buffalo

Yup, they have that fine upstanding QB Josh Allen that Cal has always liked. 

Sure, we should just draft another QB, wait for a couple of years for him to turn into the next Tom Brady when our window will have closed by the time he's ready. Our drafting QBs has been so stellar, let's roll the dice on another one. Quinn, Johnny Football, Weeden, Kizer, Frye, and what is it? 22 other flops? 

Berry's opinion is the Browns time is now, and he saw the same stuff Tia has been posting for months regarding Baker.  If teams out there thought Mayfield was a sure fire slam dunk starting QB in the NFL, they would have no hesitation picking up his $18 million for a mid round pick, and a performance escalator in the 2023 draft.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

People are harping on us giving up so many picks for little gain in QB ability (by certain stats).  But how much better were Matthew Stafford's stats over Goff's on the day before the trade?  

The Rams felt that Goff wasn't good enough to win the Super Bowl with.  So they traded for Stafford and proved that they were right.  (and THEY were the team that traded way up in the draft to DRAFT Goff)

We are / were in the same boat.  And Watson's stats, on a worse team, are much better than Baker's.  

Tom Brady recently said in an interview, "You can wait for the Super Bowl to come to you.  You have to make it happen".

It really shouldn't be debatable on the field that Watson is superior to Baker Mayfield. It just isn't.

But I can't discount a lot of people on here's apprehension about adding Watson. The off the field stuff isn't over yet, and this move could still blow up in the Browns face. I totally can understand people not getting on board with this move. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yup, they have that fine upstanding QB Josh Allen that Cal has always liked. 

Sure, we should just draft another QB, wait for a couple of years for him to turn into the next Tom Brady when our window will have closed by the time he's ready. Our drafting QBs has been so stellar, let's roll the dice on another one. Quinn, Johnny Football, Weeden, Kizer, Frye, and what is it? 22 other flops? 

Berry's opinion is the Browns time is now, and he saw the same stuff Tia has been posting for months regarding Baker.  If teams out there thought Mayfield was a sure fire slam dunk starting QB in the NFL, they would have no hesitation picking up his $18 million for a mid round pick, and a performance escalator in the 2023 draft.  

the only thing i kinda disagree with is when some day we do draft a QB are F.O will make the right pick

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

It really shouldn't be debatable on the field that Watson is superior to Baker Mayfield. It just isn't.

But I can't discount a lot of people on here's apprehension about adding Watson. The off the field stuff isn't over yet, and this move could still blow up in the Browns face. I totally can understand people not getting on board with this move. 

I dont I think they are fucked in the head certifiable if you will or just bat shit crazy

• Haha 1

Somehow I don't think Neo was quite looking for this part of his subject line.  

Browns fans are a confusing bunch.      :lol:

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gorka said:

And why am I not surprised. 

Come on man..come over to Pol board. Keep your pussy hat on. No one can see you.

Why am I not surprised that an alleged man who takes another man's name is backpedaling like a bitch when the offer to meet up in person is offered?

For once in your life, crawl out from that keyboard you hide behind, stop being a pussy, and let's see if your ass can cash the checks your mouth writes.

So, where are we meeting? How about the Royal Oaks. I'll even buy you some killer BBQ. 

5 minutes ago, syd said:

i see gorka deleted his post I swear the dumbass's will never learn to keep their bullshit outta here 

Well time to play nice boys and girls. 

When they talk about honestly leaving the keyboard boxing to meet me behind the local McDonald's I always remember......

....... I'm getting too old for that crap, I just will look in my gun stash.....that generally ends things.  We then go in and have a happy meal.  Eh ?  .  :lol:

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I totally can understand people not getting on board with this move. 

I think it's a lot easier to be on board if one, like me, had come to the conclusion that Baker makes some bad decisions (and frankly, selfish decisions) on the field, high passes, etc.  If one were a Baker Bro, and felt that it was his injury(s) that was the reason he made selfish and/or dumb decisions and his constant high over your head passes, then one wouldn't be on board.  (is it me, or does that sound like something Gipper would say?)

Believe me, I understand it's a large risk.  Three friggin' first round picks...gone.  And uncertainty about the 'potentially great' player.  But Heck, we've probably blown that many 1st round picks in 4 successive drafts before.  :)   Although Berry so far has a good track record.  

To me, the QB position is just that important...it's always been all about the QB.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

I think it's a lot easier to be on board if one, like me, had come to the conclusion that Baker makes some bad decisions (and frankly, selfish decisions) on the field, high passes, etc.  If one were a Baker Bro, and felt that it was his injury(s) that was the reason he made selfish and/or dumb decisions and his constant high over your head passes, then one wouldn't be on board.  (is it me, or does that sound like something Gipper would say?)

Believe me, I understand it's a large risk.  Three friggin' first round picks...gone.  And uncertainty about the 'potentially great' player.  Heck, we've probably blown that many 1st round picks in 4 successive drafts before.  :)   Although Berry so far has a good track record.  

To me, the QB position is just that important...it's always been all about the QB.

Oh, absolutely. I had no problem moving on from Baker before the Watson sweepstakes started, and in my head they, without a doubt improved with Watson. Honestly, though, I just wish the improvement would have happened with someone I didn't feel dirty about. The idea of rooting for someone who might be a complete piece of garbage bothers me, but then again, there's always been something strange about the timing of this whole thing. (Watson demands trade and BOOM this comes out of nowhere). I mean, I'm not naive, I don't need to love every player on my favorite teams, but I also won't sell my soul so my favorite team can win a few more games. I just wish I knew what the truth really is on this. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Orion said:

......To me, the QB position is just that important...it's always been all about the QB.

That's pretty much it you need to have a franchise quarterback to be a serious contender.......and you go from there. 

It starts and ends right there. 

........edit add,  you just don't want to wake up one Sunday morning and find out that our Cleveland BROWNS  starting quarterback really is some kind of perv, with video to prove it.  OMG !    :o

Edited by mjp28
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I just wish the improvement would have happened with someone I didn't feel dirty about. The idea of rooting for someone who might be a complete piece of garbage bothers me

...it's not completely foreign to us, having had Manziel on the team...but yes, I hear ya!  So let's hope that he didn't do anything stupid in the message rooms and we can all get past this.  We currently can hope anyway.  After all, it's a done deal.  He's here...the picks are gone...the Browns moved and became the Ravens and THEN won a super bowl....it's the universe we're assigned to.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Orion said:

...it's not completely foreign to us, having had Manziel on the team...but yes, I hear ya!  So let's hope that he didn't do anything stupid in the message rooms and we can all get past this.  We currently can hope anyway.  After all, it's a done deal.  He's here...the picks are gone...the Brown moved and became the Ravens and THEN won a super bowl....it's the universe we're assigned to.

There's never a dull moment as a Browns fan, is there?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, syd said:

i see gorka deleted his post I swear the dumbass's will never learn to keep their bullshit outta here 

Hmmm...   ↑↑↑

2 hours ago, Gorka said:

And why am I not surprised. 

Come on man..come over to Pol board. Keep your pussy hat on. No one can see you.

Yeah, where there aren't any rules.  Where the right wing echo chamber gangs up and attacks anyone who doesn't agree with their POV....  "Woodpecker" "Drunk". You guys are pathetic, and a bunch of your posters are f**king delusional. Sprinkle in a Grade AAA smartass suffering from BDS. Not going to name names, but you know damn well who they are.  Including at least one certifiable QAnon adherent. Hey, what's the conspiracy theory of the day over there?  :D 

59 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Stop stalling. It has to be embarrassing to be sitting there, hiding behind your keyboard, trying to save face when you know this liberal faggot would beat the ever-loving shit out of you. 

So when and where are we meeting? You can bring your boyfriends nickers and cal, too. 

FWIW, I deleted a bunch of the personal name calling... And newly minted Mod mjp happens to agree with me about this BS.    

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Hmmm...   ↑↑↑

Yeah, where there aren't any rules.  Where the right wing echo chamber gangs up and attacks anyone who doesn't agree with their POV....  "Woodpecker" "Drunk" You guys are pathetic, and a bunch of your posters are f**king delusional. Sprinkle in a Grade AAA smartass suffering from BDS. Not going to name names, but you know damn well who they are.  Including at least one certifiable QAnon adherent. Hey, what's the conspiracy theory of the day over there?  :D 

FWIW, I deleted a bunch of the persona:lol:l name calling... And newly minted Mod mjp happens to agree with me about this BS.    

Yes you boys and girls can play around  no problem  -but-  when it just turns into 10, 15, 20 posts of nothing but a nasty guy name-calling contest that's when it's time to cool it.   

Go back to the Las Vegas draft in just 3 days.   And remember  :

Browns fans are a confusing bunch.    :lol:

GO BROWNS,  just win baby  !

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yes you boys and girls can play around  no problem  -but-  when it just turns into 10, 15, 20 posts of nothing but a nasty guy name-calling contest that's when it's time to cool it.   

Go back to the Las Vegas draft in just 3 days.   And remember  :

Browns fans are a confusing bunch.    :lol:

GO BROWNS,  just win baby  !

Exactly... And (guys) need to remember... If you want respect, act respectable. As a Mod, I try to avoid getting into macho pissing contests and name calling.... Take this FWIW....   

HOWEVER....  The thought has crossed my mind... If I had ever had Z's level of Mod control (I didn't\don't) AND I had his mindset...  (negatory there too)  I wonder how Cal would like it if I took a blast from the past and pulled a "Ghoolie" changing his screen name to Calsnot?  Vambo = Dumbo. Yeah Gorka...  I think Dorka would suit you well...  What goes around, comes around. Consider yourselves damn lucky I won't sink to your grade school level of insults.  I can be damn creative when the need arises.  :D 

A few pushes of a button, and 1\2 the Poli crap goes bye-bye.  Parler and Truth Social calls...   

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

A few pushes of a button, and 1\2 the Poli crap goes bye-bye.  Parler and Truth Social calls...   

how bout finding a pin button to push the never ending food trend up top... (out the way since 2017) ?

Guardians baseball gamely updates? pin it too or move it to where it belongs

Thanks ! signed,

not confused..  just... 

images.jpg.7ccab265da504016d441214f50a46669.jpg  images.jpg.67363f6a8fe3771b0b273ad47c752533.jpg

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

how bout finding a pin button to push the never ending food trend up top... (out the way since 2017) ?

Guardians baseball gamely updates? pin it too or move it to where it belongs

Thanks ! signed,

not confused..  just... 

images.jpg.7ccab265da504016d441214f50a46669.jpg  images.jpg.67363f6a8fe3771b0b273ad47c752533.jpg

We can't have Browns threads going off-topic, gumby. We CAN, though, have a food thread and a baseball thread on the Browns board, apparently. 😉

16 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

We can't have Browns threads going off-topic, gumby. We CAN, though, have a food thread and a baseball thread on the Browns board, apparently. 😉

I don't know about that baseball thread "for you see I'm on a losing streak.....I can't get no.....(da da da) .....Satisfaction!"😒

Just now, calfoxwc said:

Whooreta said:

blahblah sissy drunken rage? blah

A. Stop bringing politics into this forum. I never liked him before, yes, he changed, and proved it by keeping his promises and you know you looked like a slut not being able to answer my question to you. sissy. You made yourself look like an asswhole over there, several of us do NOT respect you over there. dishonest sissy.

B. Baker took the Browns to the playoffs, so stfu, with obj. Without a deep threat, and all the Browns wide receivers were NOT good at getting open vs man to man, and Schwartz was raw and made mistakes.......defenses simply played man to man and went all in on shutting down the run. Maybe you should switch to water, but you may not be very smart even then.

C. Bitonio and Chubb are not wide receivers. You are a moron.

18 hours ago, Zombo said:

Ok, here we go...

Z

lol. Thank you for the insightful reply.

13 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I have to admit this has been a fun read with the land of oz coming into the land of football. But then the land of football has no orange queen👸, only orange helmets.👷‍♂️

well, that was a polite way to put it. good job.

• Haha 1

I root for the jersey, the BROWNS. I think most of us do.

I think they did Baker wrong. BUT I remain a fan. Cautiously optimistic heading into 2022.

Maybe we can agree our Browns owners have stunk. Nothing we can do about that however. 

Let's hope Berry nails another draft with our limited picks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2