THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns fans are a confusing bunch.

Neo

1 minute ago, Canton Dawg said:

Since we don’t have a first round pick in tonight’s draft, I’m not sure I’ll take the time and watch someone else mine for diamonds.

Canton Mike isn't even having a draft party tonight. so sad. Jordan Davis. Flugels asked me who will be drafting him, and I said "the stinking ratbirds" and he knew it too.

We'll see. It's what the ratbirds do. Ngata. Calais Campbell. Campbell has been in the NFL since 2008. I predict they will draft Davis to be Campbell's successor eventually,

We'll see if that's right tonight.

dammit. and the ratbirds draft at 14, right after where the Browns were.

10 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Since we don’t have a first round pick in tonight’s draft, I’m not sure I’ll take the time and watch someone else mine for diamonds.

I almost don't even care about this draft... The Clowns gave it away for some dude who can't keep his pants on... Pathetic!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nickers said:

I almost don't even care about this draft... The Clowns gave it away for some dude who can't keep his pants on... Pathetic!

What did you expect?! They closed the semi-legit Chicken Ranch in La Grange years ago. 🐔😪

Miss Edna later died in 2012 in Phoenix, AZ at the age 84. Now it's all run down.

4.ranch-today-300x202

11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

What did you expect?! They closed the semi-legit Chicken Ranch in La Grange years ago. 🐔😪

Miss Edna later died in 2012 in Phoenix, AZ at the age 84. Now it's all run down.

4.ranch-today-300x202

He could've invited them to his home.. But no.. Like a jerk.. He used a public facility... Hes an idiot fuck!

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

FRbhW87WQAE4R87.jpg.60549ec3e77620ab048aaf27231f1d14.jpg  'I got who I was targeting' 🎯  

Exactly... You can look at it this way, (I do) The Browns really only gave the Texans two first round picks... "With their first round pick in the 2022 NFL draft... The Cleveland Browns select...  Deshaun Watson quarterback, Houston Texans."  

Plus unlike increasing in value- I've read plenty of stuff where future picks get devalued by a round.  

20 hours ago, syd said:

who the fuck is don carter ? and more importantly who cares ? well according  to cal he doesnt like white coachs thats why he is not in houston and no watson is not overrated 

So tell me why he's so great again?  Has he won anything ? 

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Well I soured on Johnny for other reason than that but what makes this allegation at a more or less believable than the 22 against Watson?

Regardless I'm waiting for a full season or two before I place Watson above Tom Brady.

WSS

When did Tom Brady play for the Browns?

Hey feliz cumpleaños there gumby, have a good one.  Nice that the NFL threw you a party today  !  

How many candles or is that classified  ?  :lol:

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Hey feliz cumpleaños there gumby, have a good one.  Nice that the NFL threw you a party today  !  

How many candles or is that classified  ?  :lol:

Tad be 59 (no I'm not showing you any cake ideas;)) Thanks 28... draft-days have been a open gift.. Enjoy everyone!

5 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Tad be 59 (no I'm not showing you any cake ideas;)) Thanks 28... draft-days have been a open gift.. Enjoy everyone!

Happy Birthday,  Gumbo, one of my faves!

Don't worry the new mod crew will learn to quietly take care of business behind the scenes, and not let it, or the lack of it, take over a thread.

Z

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Happy Birthday,  Gumbo, one of my faves!

Don't worry the new mod crew will learn to quietly take care of business behind the scenes, and not let it, or the lack of it, take over a thread.

Z

Yeah... We're all on the same page now- I think. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, darkside5 said:

So tell me why he's so great again?  Has he won anything ? 

ill just toss this little tid bit at you even without  Hopkins at wr Watson led the nfl in passing yards second in passer rating and yards per game and 7th in touchdowns and that was for a crappy 4-12 team with a shit o-line that let him get sacked 49 times makes ya wonder how many wins watson would have had in cleveland last year and also what bakers #'s would have looked like in houston

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Not sure my statement was all that obtuse. I said I'm going to wait for the fucker to play a year or two before I put him in the Hall of Fame hows that?

WSS

I didn't think my original statement was something that warranted a "Well I'll wait and see before I say he's better than Tom Brady" response, you silly goose. 

Man I wonder what the reaction is going to be when the 230 million dollar man fails to make the browns any more of a contender in the span of four years. 

I won't be able to pinpoint this thread at that time, probably, but looking back over Watson's career...I think you had all better keep your expectations low. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Man I wonder what the reaction is going to be when the 230 million dollar man fails to make the browns any more of a contender in the span of four years. 

I won't be able to pinpoint this thread at that time, probably, but looking back over Watson's career...I think you had all better keep your expectations low. 

I don’t quite get the reasoning either.

We were more than just a QB a way from being a contender.

But dropping $230 million on a QB with a blank resume seems to be the Browns way of doing things.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I couldn't hear you over your Baker Mayfield jersey.... 😆

22 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I couldn't hear you over your Baker Mayfield jersey.... 😆

I think your hatred is clouding your vision. Whether it's Watson or any other quarterback that they decided was going to be an upgrade and therefore the last missing puzzle piece, Carr, Garoppolo, Ryan, Rodgers or Wilson, it's not going to look good if the preseason fervor doesn't match the results. 

Just that in the case of your buddy DW, the expense was unprecedented.

WSS

• Thanks 1

On 4/24/2022 at 1:59 PM, calfoxwc said:

All they had to do was draft the terrific qb from Liberty College if they

Terrific? TBD, cal... No one thinks he's ready now and competition level is a serious question in my mind.

We know what DW can do on a pro field. 

On 4/25/2022 at 1:26 PM, Canton Dawg said:

Making Watson the highest paid QB was an all in approach by the FO.

I certainly hope they’re right, but if Berry is wrong he just set us back a few years and needs to be shitcanned.

Rinse wash and repeat much? 

Or we can accept the error and let Berry learn in his job and maybe grow in it.

On balance I think Berry has done well. DW? Controversial, iffy, move, but we are never going anywhere without a franchise QB. And as another replied above, who else was out there that we could tab?

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

who else was out there that we could tab?

Well the Broncos found a way to send Lock to Seattle while getting a franchise QB in return. Were we willing to pay the price the Broncos paid?

"The Broncos received the Super Bowl-winning quarterback and a fourth-round pick in exchange for tight end Noah Fant, quarterback Drew Lock, defensive end Shelby Harris, 2022 and 2023 first-round picks, 2022 and 2023 second-round picks and a 2022 fifth-round pick."

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-trade-for-nine-time-pro-bowl-qb-russell-wilson

At least theirs comes with a Superbowl win, a jumped GL pass away from a second one and no known baggage that might preclude all or part of a season.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Rinse wash and repeat much? 

Or we can accept the error and let Berry learn in his job and maybe grow in it.

On balance I think Berry has done well. DW? Controversial, iffy, move, but we are never going anywhere without a franchise QB. And as another replied above, who else was out there that we could tab?

Watson has the tools to be a franchise QB, but to call him a franchise QB after looking at his resume is a bit of a stretch.

Did I mention the fact that if this experiment doesn’t get us to a SB we’re screwed for the foreseeable future?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I think your hatred is clouding your vision. Whether it's Watson or any other quarterback that they decided was going to be an upgrade and therefore the last missing puzzle piece, Carr, Garoppolo, Ryan, Rodgers or Wilson, it's not going to look good if the preseason fervor doesn't match the results. 

Just that in the case of your buddy DW, the expense was unprecedented.

WSS

"My buddy" DW?

I guess in that head of yours, anyone who didn't ride on Baker's nuts must love Watson. It's a ridiculous thought-process, but then again, you are the person behind the cesspool that is this board's political forum, so... 

If Baker was the QB you think he is, the Browns wouldn't have had to do this. A move that I have said numerous times is one that I understand why people are upset about, either ethically or logically. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well the Broncos found a way to send Lock to Seattle while getting a franchise QB in return. Were we willing to pay the price the Broncos paid?

"The Broncos received the Super Bowl-winning quarterback and a fourth-round pick in exchange for tight end Noah Fant, quarterback Drew Lock, defensive end Shelby Harris, 2022 and 2023 first-round picks, 2022 and 2023 second-round picks and a 2022 fifth-round pick."

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-trade-for-nine-time-pro-bowl-qb-russell-wilson

At least theirs comes with a Superbowl win, a jumped GL pass away from a second one and no known baggage that might preclude all or part of a season.

& Houston didn't want players (fortunately). For us to land the older (by seven years) Russell Wilson... 

"The Broncos Browns received the Super Bowl-winning quarterback and a fourth-round pick in exchange for tight end Noah Fant, David Njoku, quarterback Drew Lock, Baker Mayfield, defensive end Shelby Harris, Chase Winovich 2022 and 2023 first-round picks, 2022 and 2023 second-round picks and a 2022 fifth-round pick."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's the going rate for a franchise QB...  

Texans receive: Three first-round picks (2022, 2023, 2024), one third-round pick (2023), one fourth-round pick (2024)

Browns receive: Deshaun Watson, 2024 fifth-round pick. Basically with the draft day trade with Houston we got a couple 4th round picks back.  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

& Houston didn't want players (fortunately). For us to land the older (by seven years) Russell Wilson... 

"The Broncos Browns received the Super Bowl-winning quarterback and a fourth-round pick in exchange for tight end Noah Fant, David Njoku, quarterback Drew Lock, Baker Mayfield, defensive end Shelby Harris, Chase Winovich 2022 and 2023 first-round picks, 2022 and 2023 second-round picks and a 2022 fifth-round pick."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's the going rate for a franchise QB...  

Texans receive: Three first-round picks (2022, 2023, 2024), one third-round pick (2023), one fourth-round pick (2024)

Browns receive: Deshaun Watson, 2024 fifth-round pick. Basically with the draft day trade with Houston we got a couple 4th round picks back.  

it's the going rate because Jimmy Haslam set the price with a ridiculous offer that no team in the league except the Cleveland Browns would have made. If I find out anybody playing in any of the bars I do is making twice or three times as much money as me I'm going to demand the same deal.

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

"My buddy" DW?

I guess in that head of yours, anyone who didn't ride on Baker's nuts must love Watson. It's a ridiculous thought-process, but then again, you are the person behind the cesspool that is this board's political forum, so... 

If Baker was the QB you think he is, the Browns wouldn't have had to do this. A move that I have said numerous times is one that I understand why people are upset about, either ethically or logically. 

Your buddy because that's the guy we're talking about. Mayfield would be my buddy. Ethically? Morally? Ethically it sucks but they didn't really have a choice if they were really looking to dump him for somebody else and we're worried about getting left holding the bag with no quarterback at all. (Like that Aesop fable about the dog with the bone that saw his reflection in the Stream.) Even if it were for a player I liked a lot more than I like Watson, including Russell Ryan Carr... Maybe not Rogers. Morally? That only matters to me if Watson got rough with these chicks. And kicking that can down the road with a wink and a nod will never come out one way or the other. The me-too movement can blow me. 

On the other hand, I think Mayfield had a rough season and has the ability to have a great season when he's put in the right situation and the team is in the right situation, same as anybody else in the league. Actually same as your buddy y Watson.

WSS 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1