THE BROWNS BOARD

It's 19 weeks into the year and America has already seen 198 mass shootings

Vambo

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/15/1099008586/mass-shootings-us-2022-tally-number

With just over 19 weeks into the year, this averages out to about 10 such attacks a week.

And the only one you hear about is Buffalo...

20 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Because they don't care. The only reason it matters is as a political culdgel. They aren't stupid enough to believe that waiting periods registration and background checks will make any difference. They just know it pisses off the NRA and that's the sole purpose.

WSS

pretty much, except that I think they also want to put Americans on the defensive, create violent crime crises, then work to benefit from the crises saying, vote for us, we will fix it ! Also, creating enough crisis would warrant, THEY THINK, emergency actions that for them, would help them obliterate political opposition enough that they can stay in power despite elections. The same with the msm - censorship. The same thing with the "disinformation board" they created. etc etc.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Because they don't care. The only reason it matters is as a political culdgel. They aren't stupid enough to believe that waiting periods registration and background checks will make any difference. They just know it pisses off the NRA and that's the sole purpose.

WSS

So Steve, is the solution to do nothing and let the slaughter continue? Las Vegas wasn't racially motivated, neither was Sandy Hook. Yep, I had to look it up... Canada has had 15 mass shootings... in the last 130 years.  Not exactly Rocket Science as to why. Tougher gun laws. Per capita, we have seven times as many gun homicides as our neighbors to the North. I don't see that country going to hell over restrictive gun laws either. 

Yeah, I've shot a few critters in my younger years.. So tell me why you need a 100 round drum magazine to go deer hunting.  :)  FWIW, you're right, at least in the United States. The horses (er, guns) are already out of the barn, and there's too damn many of them already floating around to make any difference.  Welcome to the Wild West 2022 style.... 

28 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Steve's answer to most large scale problems are "whatever, nothing we can do anyway, so why bother?" 

Easier to do when it won't be your problem in a couple decades. 

008.jpg.da8307908ee5408159ba5b1f2e0b4c6c.jpg

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Steve's answer to most large scale problems are "whatever, nothing we can do anyway, so why bother?" 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

So Steve, is the solution to do nothing and let the slaughter continue? Las Vegas wasn't racially motivated, neither was Sandy Hook. Yep, I had to look it up... Canada has had 15 mass shootings... in the last 130 years.  Not exactly Rocket Science as to why. Tougher gun laws. Per capita, we have seven times as many gun homicides as our neighbors to the North. I don't see that country going to hell over restrictive gun laws either. 

Yeah, I've shot a few critters in my younger years.. So tell me why you need a 100 round drum magazine to go deer hunting.  :)  FWIW, you're right, at least in the United States. The horses (er, guns) are already out of the barn, and there's too damn many of them already floating around to make any difference.  Welcome to the Wild West 2022 style.... 

New York

New York is another state with rigorous gun laws. They prohibit the possession and sales of assault firearms. Although semi-automatic firearms are not prohibited, it is mandatory that their magazines do not exceed 10 rounds.

Background checks are also compulsory in the state, and to purchase firearms, you must be at least 21 years old. Being a May-issue state, New York will only issue permits based on discretion and this is done at the local counties. Only residents of the state, per time residents, and employees in the state can apply for firearm permits.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/strictest-gun-laws-by-state

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shootings in New York City rose during 2022’s first quarter compared with the same period last year, even as homicides declined, police officials said Wednesday afternoon, the continuation of a drumbeat of violence that emerged early in the pandemic, and has not ebbed with the virus.

Shooting incidents increased from 260 to 296 in the first quarter of this year compared with the same period last year, according to the latest Police Department statistics, which include the first three days of April.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

This is a stupid opinion. Why? Because.... NY/NYC/CHICAGO/etc have serious gun control laws. AND.....Canada doesn't have as many big cities as America. and Americans big demoquack cities are where the vast majority of shootings occur.

seriously:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Canada

https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-cities

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Many Canadians feel gun violence getting worse in their communities: poll

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/many-canadians-feel-gun-violence-getting-worse-in-their-communities-poll-1.5907346

Published May 17, 2022 2:57 p.m. EDT

•  

Many Canadians say gun violence is increasing in the communities they live in, with residents in major cities and the country's largest provinces mostly reporting such views, according to a new survey from the Angus Reid Institute.

The Angus Reid Institute recently polled about 5,000 Canadians and found that overall, 43 per cent believe gun violence is increasing in the area where they live.

Fifty-one per cent said gun violence is the same, while six per cent believed it was decreasing, according to the survey results.

Sixty per cent say gun violence is rising in their province, with residents in Quebec (75 per cent) and Ontario (66 per cent) more likely to say so

Angus Reid says the polling matches Statistics Canada data, which confirms that firearm-related offences have been on the rise, increasing to nearly 10.9 per 100,000 people in 2020.

About one in three homicides in Canada in 2020 involved a firearm, nearly half by a handgun, according to Statistics Canada.

In 2020, police reported 277 firearm-related homicides, up six per cent from 2019 and the second year in a row that the rate has risen in Canada.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The current population of Canada is 38,344,319 based on projections of the latest United Nations data. The UN estimates the July 1, 2022 population at 38,388,419.

The current population of United States is 334,543,969 based on projections of the latest United Nations data. The UN estimates the July 1, 2022 population at 334,805,269.

-  38,388,419    =296,416,850 more people in the USA, could that make a difference?

5 hours ago, Vambo said:

-  38,388,419    =296,416,850 more people in the USA, could that make a difference?

yep. That is the difference in population.

and guess what, whoorta?

divide America's population by canada's population, and you get:

drum roll....

7.7 !

so...............

whoorta said:

"Per capita, we have seven times as many gun homicides as our neighbors to the North. I don't see that country going to hell over restrictive gun laws either.  "

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

13 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes you are correct doing nothing and doing something that has absolutely no effect on the problem is just about the same. But yes I know it's a wedge issue for you guys. And rather than to try to explain the difference between a solution and something that isn't a solution to you guys has been proved to be a waste of time but let me say this: making the facetious argument that nobody really needs a rifle that shoots 100 rounds or a laws rocket or whatever the hell. Let's be frank Larry, you don't actually need a hunting rifle at all. You don't need to go out into the woods to kill animals to survive. I would also venture to Guess that ninety-nine percent of the people that own any kind of a gun don't really need them and Aren't good enough with them to use them for protection. And I did post a photograph of the bunch of people who have killed more than 4 making them Mass shooters. I know how much you guys love equity and diversity. Yet nobody cares about any of them or any other mass shooting unless you get to attack somebody that seems to have conservative values insane or not. And you will make up those values if you can't really find them.

And again I know it's a waste of time but I'll ask you once more which of your so-called Common Sense laws would have prevented any of them.

WSS

In case you missed it with more than four kills these folks, probably all Biden voter's, are mass shooters. Or as some of you like to call them domestic terrorists.

WSS

FB_IMG_1652785576442.jpg

You really don't understand how a lot of words work, huh?

How exactly do you define "domestic terrorist" Steve?

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Yes you are correct doing nothing and doing something that has absolutely no effect on the problem is just about the same. But yes I know it's a wedge issue for you guys. And rather than to try to explain the difference between a solution and something that isn't a solution to you guys has been proved to be a waste of time but let me say this: making the facetious argument that nobody really needs a rifle that shoots 100 rounds or a laws rocket or whatever the hell. Let's be frank Larry, you don't actually need a hunting rifle at all. You don't need to go out into the woods to kill animals to survive. I would also venture to Guess that ninety-nine percent of the people that own any kind of a gun don't really need them and Aren't good enough with them to use them for protection. And I did post a photograph of the bunch of people who have killed more than 4 making them Mass shooters. I know how much you guys love equity and diversity. Yet nobody cares about any of them or any other mass shooting unless you get to attack somebody that seems to have conservative values insane or not. And you will make up those values if you can't really find them.

And again I know it's a waste of time but I'll ask you once more which of your so-called Common Sense laws would have prevented any of them.

WSS

Yes, what a crazy, ridiculous argume to say someone doesn't need "a rifle that shoots 100 rounds". 

If my "wedge issues" are climate change and gun control while the other group here is concerned that LGBTQ people are getting too many rights and that they're shouldn't feel uncomfortable about the history of race taught in schools then I'm fine with that distinction. 

You default to this every time btw. "oh, that one action won't completely solve climate change? Then why bother doing it?"

It's about incremental steps. Generations prior have fucked so much up it isn't all going to get resolved in one day. We unfortunately have to slowly work towards *checks notes* not being a fucking laughingstock to the rest of the developed world when it comes to gun violence

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes, what a crazy, ridiculous argume to say someone doesn't need "a rifle that shoots 100 rounds". 

If my "wedge issues" are climate change and gun control while the other group here is concerned that LGBTQ people are getting too many rights and that they're shouldn't feel uncomfortable about the history of race taught in schools then I'm fine with that distinction. 

You default to this every time btw. "oh, that one action won't completely solve climate change? Then why bother doing it?"

It's about incremental steps. Generations prior have fucked so much up it isn't all going to get resolved in one day. We unfortunately have to slowly work towards *checks notes* not being a fucking laughingstock to the rest of the developed world when it comes to gun violence

It's ridiculous because almost nobody has an automatic weapon that fires a hundred rounds. Even if as your fevered minds seem to think that there are thousands of them out there when was the last time a mass shooting involved an automatic weapon that fired a hundred rounds? So it's a facetious argument.

WSS

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

You really don't understand how a lot of words work, huh?

How exactly do you define "domestic terrorist" Steve?

I understand the definition. Right now it's anybody that realizes that Joe Biden's policies are pure shit and that he's a deranged and addled old fool and voices  an opinion.

I also understand you are a hypocrite as well as a Litany of foul insults did I'm hesitating to post at the present time.

WSS

It's ridiculous because almost nobody has an automatic weapon that fires a hundred rounds. Even if as your fevered minds seem to think that there are thousands of them out there when was the last time a mass shooting involved an automatic weapon that fired a hundred rounds? So it's a facetious argument.

WSS

I believe nearly ALL of his "arguments" are facetious. Of course, he won't stop because he probably feels that the world "facetious" means a wart on his beak.....

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

What argument is actually being made and what argument you made up in your own little reality are two very different things. 

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I understand the definition. Right now it's anybody that realizes that Joe Biden's policies are pure shit and that he's a deranged and addled old fool and voices  an opinion.

I also understand you are a hypocrite as well as a Litany of foul insults did I'm hesitating to post at the present time.

WSS

And you still haven't defined domestic terrorist... 

Unless you actually believe the above, then you're getting to Cal and JAFBF levels of derangement

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Unless you actually believe the above, then you're getting to Cal and JAFBF levels of derangement

Yes I did but your love of Joe Biden or the idiots to his left who control him just won't  allow you to see it.

Bullshit that goes dick and butt with "hate crime" laws.

WSS

42 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

What argument is actually being made and what argument you made up in your own little reality are two very different things. 

"Yeah, I've shot a few critters in my younger years.. So tell me why you need a 100 round drum magazine to go deer hunting. "

why waste our time by pretending you are too stupid to know what I'm talkin about? At least I hope you're pretending.

The what do you need X Y or Z for is facetious because nobody, probably almost nobody, needs a weapon of any kind. It's not a matter of need.

WSS

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes I did your love hope Joe Biden or the idiots to his left who control him just won't  allow to lie you to see it.

woodpecker - it's silly of you to critize jaf's posts, and accept whooreta's posts.

they are both nonsense.

that makes you a hypocrite birdgirl.