THE BROWNS BOARD

Climate change pledge

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

As an Astronomy nerd... Let me just give you Exhibit A...  Our sister planet Venus, if it had an Earthlike atmosphere would be quite habitable- at it's North and South poles. However, since it's atmosphere is almost totally carbon dioxide, the surface of the planet, with the Greenhouse effect in full display- is hot enough to melt lead.  So increased levels of CO2 in our atmosphere have a direct correlation to the crazy 100+ degree temperatures we're seeing globally.

damn those martians and venusians. They man and woman made global warming and ruined their planet.......

egad. Maybe they were all alcoholics on those planets......

and only a hundred years?  constant boozing can cause that. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile, this is the science -

https://www.livescience.com/37469-fuel-endures.html

We Will Not Run Out of Fossil Fuels (Op-Ed)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

damn those martians and venusians. They man and woman made global warming and ruined their planet.......

Total bullshit Cal... You honestly think Fossil Fuels will be around forever... I have Eskimo Icicles to sell you...

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, nickers said:

Total bullshit Cal... You honestly think Fossil Fuels will be around forever... I have Eskimo Icicles to sell you...

just the flip side. I could post plenty of other links that say 400 or 300 years. If I were to go calc how many centuries before I would run out of wood to burn in our firepit, or enclosed fireplace unit - it would be in the eons. lol.

It's the alarmist crap that is a total bogus political manipulative wedge.

Look at the news - kerry flies on his jet everywhere? al gore might be the world's first mmgw BILLIONAIRE?  When the un official admitted global redistribution of wealth was the ulterior motive, why can't everyone just listen?

The only man made global warming aspect that has truth to it - is the destruction of the world's rain forests. billions of acres, gone over the years.

Odd that the mmgw wonks won't listen to anything about that.

The reason is..... it doesn't make money - it doesn't make for liberal votes.

Old shep and I used to argue about it - "we don't have much time left" he said. a few decades ago. Florida was absolutely going to be mostly flooded by the ocean.

NO, IT IS NOT. It is a fake alarmist bunch of crap.

https://johnenglander.net/florida-is-not-going-underwater-anytime-soon/

Florida is Not Going Underwater

Screenshot-2020-06-23-09.49.11-1536x1194

• Haha 1

fossil fuels might run out in about oh....600 years or so. maybe 1000 - depending on what has NOT BEEN DISCOVERED YET.

But passing laws to screw with people right NOW ? Forcing people to buy electric vehicles NOW? When the alternative energy has not been discovered yet - that would be sustainable and dependable???

political and enriching for the corrupt in gov.

Seriously, hundreds of years before fossil fuels run out, we will have discovered new energy science.

we....do.....not.......have......it..........now.

The panic is both fake and real I'm sure - but the truth will set everyone free that cares to listen.

Work on new energy - I'm really fine with it.

Stop driving gas engin cars? go to hell, lol. Stop running air conditioning? haha. nope.

Stop having campfires? never going to happen for mmgw farce reasons.

The critical alarmist garbage is what is BS.

33 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

fossil fuels might run out in about oh....600 years or so. maybe 1000 - depending on what has NOT BEEN DISCOVERED YET.

But passing laws to screw with people right NOW ? Forcing people to buy electric vehicles NOW? When the alternative energy has not been discovered yet - that would be sustainable and dependable???

political and enriching for the corrupt in gov.

Seriously, hundreds of years before fossil fuels run out, we will have discovered new energy science.

we....do.....not.......have......it..........now.

The panic is both fake and real I'm sure - but the truth will set everyone free that cares to listen.

Work on new energy - I'm really fine with it.

Stop driving gas engin cars? go to hell, lol. Stop running air conditioning? haha. nope.

Stop having campfires? never going to happen for mmgw farce reasons.

The critical alarmist garbage is what is BS.

No I will not stop making camp fires... Camping is a passion of mine as well as hiking...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

So you clearly didn't read anything more than the title of that article 

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

just the flip side. I could post plenty of other links that say 400 or 300 years. If I were to go calc how many centuries before I would run out of wood to burn in our firepit, or enclosed fireplace unit - it would be in the eons. lol.

It's the alarmist crap that is a total bogus political manipulative wedge.

Look at the news - kerry flies on his jet everywhere? al gore might be the world's first mmgw BILLIONAIRE?  When the un official admitted global redistribution of wealth was the ulterior motive, why can't everyone just listen?

The only man made global warming aspect that has truth to it - is the destruction of the world's rain forests. billions of acres, gone over the years.

Odd that the mmgw wonks won't listen to anything about that.

The reason is..... it doesn't make money - it doesn't make for liberal votes.

Old shep and I used to argue about it - "we don't have much time left" he said. a few decades ago. Florida was absolutely going to be mostly flooded by the ocean.

NO, IT IS NOT. It is a fake alarmist bunch of crap.

https://johnenglander.net/florida-is-not-going-underwater-anytime-soon/

Florida is Not Going Underwater

Screenshot-2020-06-23-09.49.11-1536x1194

You also clearly didn't read this article either 

12 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You also clearly didn't read this article either 

and you are a liar - I read both. The point is - the science is not settled. There are two sides to every issue. That means the theory is not proven to be fact.

You seem to FEEL that your FEELINGS are reality.

sad.

21 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

and you are a liar - I read both. The point is - the science is not settled. There are two sides to every issue. That means the theory is not proven to be fact.

You seem to FEEL that your FEELINGS are reality.

sad.

Ok maybe you just can't actually read then. Explains a lot. My mistake. 

(You know just yelling about "feelings" like a deranged old man doesn't actually make you any more correct, right? Especially when we're literally talking about a scientific issue, which, shocker, you aren't on the "non-feelings" side of)

you also never add much to any legit conversation.

and, again, there is a big difference between living full time on feelings to the extent that no critical thinking enters into your daily "existence", and people who can critically think, most all of them having some feelings that they let get in the way.

You are a moron. You can't explain why you FEEL you are right, so you simply puke out general insults to hide your losses in most every argument.

https://thethinkingshop.org/?+Butter+Audiences+|+Conversions=

15 hours ago, nickers said:

Hey all of the people who sit there and laugh can go look it up.. For me it's not Democrat or Republican issue.. It's a basic Human life survival issue.. I have watched and read countless documentaries on this... Go ahead and laugh all you like... Your grandchildren and future generations will be the ones to suffer for your arrogance... And ignorance...

When it comes to data, there are only two real factions of scientific opinion.

First, you have to understand that IPCC uses roughly about 100 models to create multiple scenarios each.  With this data they create a spaghetti plot and output a median range.  The discussion of this range drives policy.  If you leave it at that, without going into weighing the differences in models, it sounds very reasonable.

Now I'm going to attempt to oversimplify where the climate "skeptic" has taken issue.

Let's say you have a real sweet tooth, and you've gotten a little overweight.  You've eaten twinkies every day since the 1970's.  Let's say you create several models to track your weight gain from twinkies, as well as your normal diet.  Currently you're consuming 2 twinkies a day, but you want modeled data of different scenarios.  Obviously, you want scenarios of one twinkie and the ideal zero twinkie diet to understand where you could be.  That makes perfect sense, but you also want to know what the scenario would be if you cheated.  Now let's say you create a doomsday scenario that would have you eating twinkies breakfast, lunch, and dinner, roughly 6x more twinkies than you typically consume.  That becomes the endpoint of your data set, all the rest of your scenarios are between 3-12 twinkies.  Now let's assume the most you've ever eaten in 1 day is 5.  How plausible then is the data from 6-12 twinkies?  Why would you include them in the spaghetti plot if your trying to understand how the status quo would affect you?

Educated skeptics argue that roughly 40% of the scenarios from the models are implausible, not that mmgw doesn't exist.  That's an argument simply to shut down conversation.  If you remove that 40%, the global median temperature rise to 2100 is 2.2 degrees.  At zero carbon emission the same median would be 1.5 degrees.  You can see how that won't sell tickets on policy, nor make for good documentaries. 

Now if you want to make a compelling argument for the "12 twinkie" scenarios, I'm all in.  Otherwise, we don't have a clear understanding of the controversy. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

you also never add much to any legit conversation.

and, again, there is a big difference between living full time on feelings to the extent that no critical thinking enters into your daily "existence", and people who can critically think, most all of them having some feelings that they let get in the way.

You are a moron. You can't explain why you FEEL you are right, so you simply puke out general insults to hide your losses in most every argument.

https://thethinkingshop.org/?+Butter+Audiences+|+Conversions=

Alright cal. I think it's time for your nap.

Make sure you actually read the articles you post next time. You'll see they both repeatedly said climate change is real, a problem, and should be addressed.

26 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Alright cal. I think it's time for your nap.

Make sure you actually read the articles you post next time. You'll see they both repeatedly said climate change is real, a problem, and should be addressed.

yes, climate change is real. I disagree that CO2 is a crisis, asswhole sissy birdbrain woodpeckersucker.

Whether or not man is making it happen is the problem. I simply said I can post articles that are fair, and show both sides of the issue without the hysteria.

You can't even spell "rain forests" without looking it up - you are a moron.

again- the un is fine with the Kyoto treaty that EXCLUDED india and communist china etc.

why would that be?

if it was really a crisis, they would be after china and india etc to sign, right?

for years you and a few others have had no answer.

about 60% of our energy comes from FOSSILE FUELS, you moron. Electric cars are produced using FOSSIL FUELS, you moron. The electric car batteries are produced in communist china, who keep building more and more COAL ENERGY PLANTS, you moron.

Apr 26, 2022China is building more than half of the world's new coal power plants Some 176 gigawatts of coal capacity was under construction in 2021, and more than half of that was being built in China...
Jun 2, 2021The report showed that China commissioned a total of 38.4 gigawatts (GW) of new coal capacity last year, which was equivalent to building more than one large coal plant every week. The rest of the world, on the other hand, commissioned just 11.9 GW.
so, all the sacrifices we could possible make, all the changes we could possibly make, would be nullified by communist china.

"lower our thermostats" 
"use communist chinese batteries in electric cars" 
vote democrats for social perversion change and total dicktatorial control over everything - including elections. 

you just want to FEEL good about yourself - by being on the liberal total control wagon no matter what.

But, to your credit, you don't post like you are constantly inebriated, so there's that.
     You post like you are 24x7 hungover.
cartoon, drunk, happy new year, woody woodpecker - image #347552 on ...

13 hours ago, hammertime said:

Someone knows they’re getting their ass kicked in November…

they will literally do anything to try and stay in power.

climate crap, killing babies and illegals

shooting kids 

there is no end to this evil.

AND, after telling a story about how he got asthma because oil in town was on the windshield of their car.....

he has just retold the story, only this time, he "has cancer".

Biden has been a liar, a plagiarizer, and a lot worse his entire career of never having worked a day in his life.

Look at their kids. They are are lost souls and corrupt.

Jul 11, 2020Joe Biden's family racks up arrests for drugs, drunk driving — but no jail time. In August 2019, Caroline Biden, 33, a niece of former Vice President Biden, was busted in Lower Merion Township ...

22 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Ok maybe you just can't actually read then. Explains a lot. My mistake. 

(You know just yelling about "feelings" like a deranged old man doesn't actually make you any more correct, right? Especially when we're literally talking about a scientific issue, which, shocker, you aren't on the "non-feelings" side of)

Couple of things about Cal's hundreds years worth of fossil fuels. As in so many other things he's in denial.... Just look at what's happening in the world... Where are we drilling for oil? 40 below weather on Alaska's North Slope, offshore in 2 mile deep ocean water. Other than (probably) the Middle East, damn near all of the easily extractable crude has already happened. Getting sort of desperate if you ask me... Shale oil, fracking, and let's not forget that crap Canadian tar sand either. 

I'll admit- we DO have plenty of coal, so let's go all in DJT and "f**k the environment".  

Yeah Woodster, Cal likes to think his "opinions" are really facts... He's great at whataboutism and denial though.  :( 

51 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Let me know who knows how much fuel is left.

I’m guessing there are at least 1000 different experts who will tell you whatever you want to hear $$&&&$ if you know what I mean 😭 

hammer... That's EXACTLY it.  Cal only spews articles he digs up that support his POV, and everything else doesn't matter. Contrarian points of view are ridiculously easy to find & and Cal searches them out like a heat seeking missile.... That doesn't make them accurate on fact check or even 1\2 true.  :D LOL, I'm sure- if I bothered- I can dig up some posts on the Internet that the Earth really is flat. And there's folks who actually believe that. 

Yeah, for sure we don't have an accurate idea of how much oil is still in the ground... BUT take a look around where we're drilling for crude right now.  Ya don't think if there was a massive oil field in Southeast Ohio, it would have been discovered already? We sure as hell would have been tapping that source way before we started drilling on the North Slope.  I have no doubt whatsoever companies like Mobil, Exxon, and BP have spent billions of dollars surveying the world for the most likely places oil can be found. Looks like the places it still can be found are getting fewer and fewer- with the increased risk of an environmental disaster. Deep Water Horizon anyone? I'm not of the opinion of some around here.. Yeah, we killed a few birds and some shrimp, so what? Or a political disaster- like Russia. FWIW oil companies built refineries on Aruba and Curacao because they didn't trust (wisely) the stability of the Venezuelan government.

BTW- that's the primary reason I'm glad Keystone got deep-sixed by Joe. There's the very real possibility a pipeline break could have contaminated the Oglala aquifer. I've said it before many times- and Tour the petrochemical guy agrees with me... Tar sand is crap, and it's really abrasive too... Get the "sand" part of that?  If it's such great stuff, MHO is let Canada build a refinery up north, and they can deal with it.  

42 minutes ago, hoorta said:

hammer... That's EXACTLY it.  Cal only spews articles he digs up that support his POV, and everything else doesn't matter. Contrarian points of view are ridiculously easy to find & and Cal searches them out like a heat seeking missile.... That doesn't make them accurate on fact check or even 1\2 true.  :D LOL, I'm sure- if I bothered- I can dig up some posts on the Internet that the Earth really is flat. And there's folks who actually believe that. 

Yeah, for sure we don't have an accurate idea of how much oil is still in the ground... BUT take a look around where we're drilling for crude right now.  Ya don't think if there was a massive oil field in Southeast Ohio, it would have been discovered already? We sure as hell would have been tapping that source way before we started drilling on the North Slope.  I have no doubt whatsoever companies like Mobil, Exxon, and BP have spent billions of dollars surveying the world for the most likely places oil can be found. Looks like the places it still can be found are getting fewer and fewer- with the increased risk of an environmental disaster. Deep Water Horizon anyone? I'm not of the opinion of some around here.. Yeah, we killed a few birds and some shrimp, so what? Or a political disaster- like Russia. FWIW oil companies built refineries on Aruba and Curacao because they didn't trust (wisely) the stability of the Venezuelan government.

BTW- that's the primary reason I'm glad Keystone got deep-sixed by Joe. There's the very real possibility a pipeline break could have contaminated the Oglala aquifer. I've said it before many times- and Tour the petrochemical guy agrees with me... Tar sand is crap, and it's really abrasive too... Get the "sand" part of that?  If it's such great stuff, MHO is let Canada build a refinery up north, and they can deal with it.  

Democrat's campaign caught spending thousands of dollars on flights for wife, seat upgrades

6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Thats because polar ice caps are melting due to depletion of the ozone layer and rise in temperatures..

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Thats because polar ice caps are melting due to depletion of the ozone layer and rise in temperatures..

Here is a very fair article on the subject - The ice age has been legit history, it's having faded away a long time ago - is also history.

http://factmyth.com/factoids/the-polar-ice-caps-are-melting/

So, those polar caps melting- ok. The qusetion is, why?

The assumption that it is because we drive SUV's, and don't set out thermosts right, and we have factories (pollution is a different serious matter), and we have campfires, and drive gas engine vehicles, and our roofs are not white, etc etc etc etc etc. ......... is bogus.

NOT fact, as well as a lot of people, including a lot of scientists, can figure.

The assumption is political. How else can the UN accept china and india etc NOT signing the old Kyoto treaty?

China is building huge coal plants every month or os? and we are supposed to vote democrat cause that is their frantic issue?

Studies have shown that all we could do as America - would not dent the damage china and india etc do every year.

nada.

CO2 - if that is the concern, then why the heck don't CO2 worriers talk about the destruction of many millions of rain forests in the world???

It used to be called "man made global warming" until it was discredited, so they had to change it to "global warming", but as always, they want legit "global warming" to mean the "man made" part.

it's what the left does - bait and switch definitions of words.

btw, about CO2 - the drastic rise in CO2 levels (that isn't good in the long run, btw) has NOT directly corresponded with the rise in global temps.

Devastating crisis bullhockey.

Apr 21, 2021CO2 lags temperature. "An article in Science magazine illustrated that a rise in carbon dioxide did not precede a rise in temperatures, but actually lagged behind temperature rises by 200 to 1000 years. A rise in carbon dioxide levels could not have caused a rise in temperature if it followed the temperature."

The most broken record on this site is cal and climate change, and that's saying something. 

Every point in his post has been brought up dozens of times and addressed a handful of times. 

In one ear and out the other...

(And no cal, I'm not going over this all again...)