THE BROWNS BOARD

Preseason Game 3: Bears at Browns August 27

Dutch Oven

Well we had a late supper it was great compared to the BROWNS first half.  They're coming back in the second half. 

GO BROWNS,  baby !     (And the Guardians at 10:10 pm tonight from Seattle. )

34 minutes ago, Orion said:

...was at a party.  How did Brissett look?

Brissett looked okay, but Dobbs looked much better in the time he got (which is too little IMO) Would be my vote to start. Bell had a few nice catches. 

More concerning was the defense looking underwhelming, but with the elite starters off the field there is room for improvement there. Emerson looked pretty good. Having 3, possibly 4 quality CBs on the squad is nice in this day and age.

10 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Yep.

He might be a great athlete, but he sucks as a football player.

#Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski on Anthony Schwartz's struggles..
"He's very accountable...he wants to be better....will work very hard." Is he in danger of being cut? "No."  🙋‍♂️

Translation...  Then Berry better find a upgraded WR3 and slide Sch-ure Stonehand's backwards
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I'll get to some highs & lows later... But

Chris Rose..Aditi Kinkhabwala with Joe Thomas were a amazing fun team listen to call the Browns preseason games this season...

Let's hope they get a return call for next season

👏 Job Well Done Crew !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I was at a winery for dinner then ended up at a fantasy football party after, so I didn't get to watch the game.

Going over some highlights, can't help but continue to praise the physical play style of Emerson.    So often when you see CB's not willing to stick their nose in run fits, any good coach will draw up ways to attack those weaknesses, especially in the outside running game.     He's not afraid to come downhill at ball carriers or get physical on WR's trying to block him out.

I am recording it when it makes NFL Network later in the week. I do know that Manos de Piedra Duran.......................er................Schwartz dropped the ball the very first play of the game. Sorry coach but you either have hands or you don't. All the desire in the world is not going to convert him into a prime time receiver. Start watching the waiver wire.

3 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Brissett looked okay, but Dobbs looked much better in the time he got (which is too little IMO) Would be my vote to start. Bell had a few nice catches. 

More concerning was the defense looking underwhelming, but with the elite starters off the field there is room for improvement there. Emerson looked pretty good. Having 3, possibly 4 quality CBs on the squad is nice in this day and age.

I agree.  Dobbs should be given the chance to start.  He seems to give a spark to the team and the crowd.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:
"He's very accountable...he wants to be better....will work very hard." Is he in danger of being cut? "No."  🙋‍♂️

Translation...  Then Berry better find a upgraded WR3 and slide Sch-ure Stonehand's backwards

Well then you have to carry an extra WR.  You cannot count on him unless you don’t value your job. 

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I'll get to some highs & lows later... But

Chris Rose..Aditi Kinkhabwala with Joe Thomas were a amazing fun team listen to call the Browns preseason games this season...

Let's hope they get a return call for next season

👏 Job Well Done Crew !

Dobbs, York, Emerson and the crew.  I’m out of positives this preseason.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Unfortunately, I think Berry is the problem here.  He's probably challenging the coaching staff with it's up to you guys to develop the player.  The PROBLEM is some guys just aren't football players regardless of how fast they are.   One thing I'd like to see for a refreshing change in Cleveland is to see a GM finally admit a choice like this was a bad idea. 

Sticking with a bad idea for way too long at WR (Michael Jackson) is how a guy like Keenan McCardell doesn't emerge as a highly efficient WR until he lands on his next team (Jax Jaguars) 1 year later.  Michael Jackson ran 4.3s but dropped way too many passes when he wide open.  Then he'd explicably make a tough catch in traffic once in a while.

I'd rather have the Browns continue their efforts with developing DPJ than waste too much more time on Schwartz.  

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Well then you have to carry an extra WR.  You cannot count on him unless you don’t value your job. 

why don't we see more of felton at wr I mean i really do not remember him dropping the ball when thrown to

17 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Unfortunately, I think Berry is the problem here.  He's probably challenging the coaching staff with it's up to you guys to develop the player.  The PROBLEM is some guys just aren't football players regardless of how fast they are.   One thing I'd like to see for a refreshing change in Cleveland is to see a GM finally admit a choice like this was a bad idea. 

Sticking with a bad idea for way too long at WR (Michael Jackson) is how a guy like Keenan McCardell doesn't emerge as a highly efficient WR until he lands on his next team (Jax Jaguars) 1 year later.  Michael Jackson ran 4.3s but dropped way too many passes when he wide open.  Then he'd explicably make a tough catch in traffic once in a while.

I'd rather have the Browns continue their efforts with developing DPJ than waste too much more time on Schwartz.  

100% agree. Bottom line is if the light hasn’t come on for catching the ball by now it likely won’t. He was atrocious last night. So bad you can’t really assess how Brissett did. 

• Thanks 1

I'm probably in the minority here but I think Rosen played well with the little time he was given. Made a couple of nice throws on the run, didn't turn the ball over. I thought he played better than Brisket that's for sure. I think Rosen would thrive in our offense with the weapons we have. Hard to do anything when he's throwing to guys that probably won't be on the team in two weeks.

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

The problem is, I'd do backflips if Schwartz could develop in the Michael (Dyson for one game) Jackson category. That's how far he is at this point to that. 

I'm probably being naive, but I still would be somewhat surprised if he doesn't get cut, but you are probably correct - they aren't cutting the string with a second year 3rd round pick of theirs. (Now, if someone else had drafted him, absolutely)

I think Kevvy did the kid a disservice by basically covering for his ass... He should've said the kid needs to work harder... I guess the thing that sucks for Schwartz is his confidence is shot... On the other hand... I think he's garbage talent... It's sad the kid has world class speed... And can't even catch a cold...

Everybody talks about Shwartz's world class speed, has it ever helped the Browns? Every time I see him do a jet sweep or reverse he doesn't go far. Has he returned kickoffs or punts for touchdowns? I think it's time to move on. No need to keep a fast guy if he can't put that speed to use. Maybe convert to DB?🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1