THE BROWNS BOARD

Jacoby Brissett Blows

Zombo

We'd be 4-0 if he had any sense of how to close a football game. Total panick city. He is really good at handing off and hitting wide open guys on early downs on play action, but he totally crumbles in situations where he, as the motherfucking qb, needs to win motherfucking games. Fuck this guy, he has no guts.

Z

8 minutes ago, Zombo said:

We'd be 4-0 if he had any sense of how to close a football game. Total panick city. He is really good at handing off and hitting wide open guys on early downs on play action, but he totally crumbles in situations where he, as the motherfucking qb, needs to win motherfucking games. Fuck this guy, he has no guts.

Z

how much you been drinking zombo ?

8 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Z

I told all of you that before OTA's even started...

1 minute ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

A lot of this is also Stefanski not respecting opportunity to get points. He would rather get 6 which I understand is more than 3, but the risk isn’t worth it on the road!!! Points are so valuable in the NFL. It’s insane our coach denies 3 points early on the road. Come on Kevin. He’s over thinking 

The problem here is that Shitpantski and Woods coach scared... They're anti-aggressive.. They're so scared of losing they over think and go conservative and wind up losing... These 2 bozos need to be shown the door!

• Upvote 2

I can agree to a point but Jacoby is a backup quarterback. He's a good game manager but can be too overly careful at times. The 4th and goal play is a good example of that. Why throw it away when you're going to turn the ball over on downs anyhow at least give your guy a chance to make a catch. 

I thought this was a trap game from the very beginning. No Garrett no Clowney, Joe Woods blows but in his defense he has a patchwork line. They were 8th in the league against the run,  just not very good in this game.  I don't think anyone expected Brissett to take us to the Superbowl. In fact, he's exceeded my expectations.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nickers I think Stefanski is the best coach the browns have had in a long time. The browns have a good offense. They just were inconsistent today. Mainly due to Kevin being too aggressive and cheeky with play calling instead of just playing our game and running the ball. Kevin gets way out of his head as the game goes. We throw the ball too much. 

And Brissett had a horrible pick to end the game. But played decent enough to win today

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Nickers I think Stefanski is the best coach the browns have had in a long time. The browns have a good offense. They just were inconsistent today. Mainly due to Kevin being too aggressive and cheeky with play calling instead of just playing our game and running the ball. Kevin gets way out of his head as the game goes. We throw the ball too much. 

And Brissett had a horrible pick to end the game. But played decent enough to win today

Shitpanstki is garbage... But thanks for playing...

22 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

A lot of this is also Stefanski not respecting opportunity to get points. He would rather get 6 which I understand is more than 3, but the risk isn’t worth it on the road!!! Points are so valuable in the NFL. It’s insane our coach denies 3 points early on the road. Come on Kevin. He’s over thinking 

He tends to outcoach himself at times. The TE reverse to Njoku was ill-advised and it ended up 2nd and a mile. Instead of just going with what works.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Z

Well give Briskett a pair of goat horns...  throwing passes into the dirt when it mattered... Or the cardinal sin of taking a sack when he absolutely can't take one- pushing York out of FG range...   But old Kev deserves a pair leaving points on the board not going for the gimmie FG on the opening drive.    

30 minutes ago, nickers said:

The problem here is that Shitpantski and Woods coach scared... They're anti-aggressive.. They're so scared of losing they over think and go conservative and wind up losing... These 2 bozos need to be shown the door!

You might have missed it nickers.... Anti aggressive? get real!!!  Went for it on the opening drive, and a couple more on 4th and short with Brissette qb sneaking for the first down.  

Atlanta executed the old axiom to perfection in the 4th quarter...  "If the other team can't stop what you're doing, don't stop doing it until they can stop it"..... HOW many times did Atlanta gash our decimated DL in a row on running plays? IIRC it was 10+.   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Well give Briskett a pair of goat horns...  throwing passes into the dirt when it mattered... Or the cardinal sin of taking a sack when he absolutely can't take one- pushing York out of FG range...   But old Kev deserves a pair leaving points on the board not going for the gimmie FG on the opening drive.    

You might have missed it nickers.... Anti aggressive? get real!!!  Went for it on the opening drive, and a couple more on 4th and short with Brissette qb sneaking for the first down.  

Atlanta executed the old axiom to perfection in the 4th quarter...  "If the other team can't stop what you're doing, don't stop doing it until they can stop it"..... HOW many times did Atlanta gash our decimated DL in a row on running plays? IIRC it was 10+.   

Explain to me why our best player was sitting on the bench on our final drive?.. Secondly... Joe Woods is CHICKENSKHIT... They didn't put any pressure on Mariota and laid back like BITCHES!

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

Explain to me why our best player was sitting on the bench on our final drive?.. Secondly... Joe Woods is CHICKENSKHIT... They didn't put any pressure on Mariota and laid back like BITCHES!

still hanging on bakers cock arnt you 

5 minutes ago, nickers said:

Please, don't embarrass yourself... Put pressure on Mariota exactly HOW? An extremely mobile quarterback with backup defensive linemen and a practice squad player? 

Now it you want to bitch, I'll give you your 4th game in a row in a critical situation with a complete defensive secondary breakdown, with nary a defender not in the same area code... again.    

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Please, don't embarrass yourself... Put pressure on Mariota exactly HOW? An extremely mobile quarterback with backup defensive linemen and a practice squad player? 

Now it you want to bitch, I'll give you your 4th game in a row in a critical situation with a complete defensive secondary breakdown, with nary a defender not in the same area code... again.    

Yeah... Thank Joe and Kevvy for that

The scary thing is we're a miracle kick away from 1-3. Yikes. But we're also a few plays away from 4-0, so we can play that game all day. 

Here's the thing we all have to accept:  we're playing the majority of the season with a backup QB. That's the cold hard truth and we're seeing EXACTLY what that means. It means that when we absolutely need a drive, we're probably screwed. It's no shame upon Brissett, how many backups lead their team to victory at the last minute? 

Elite qb's make their money at the end of games. We don't have one, thus we'll struggle if we can't run. Admittedly it would have been a MIRACLE against the Jets, as there was almost no time left for us, but Brissett turned it over at the end. What happened today? Instead of hitting a wide open DJ for 10-15 yards and a 60 yard FG attempt, he throws another INT to effectively end it...again. 

We lost to a team that completed 7 passes. Our coach didn't kick a FG on the opening drive, ran the dumbest plays inside the red zone, and struggled yet again to get big explosive plays. 

I like Stefanski, but he lost this game and he knows it. You've simply GOT to win these games at the end. 

• Thanks 1

Stef gets too caught up in the modern day analytics sometimes.  I also wanted the FG early in the game.  We needed too many yards.   -  I'm thinking we're now gonna start stringing some losses together.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Orion said:

Stef gets too caught up in the modern day analytics sometimes.  I also wanted the FG early in the game.  We needed too many yards.   -  I'm thinking we're now gonna start stringing some losses together.

I don't understand... everyone knows that NFL games are so often very close affairs, and yet so often you'll see coaches just leave points on the field. 

I see this all over the NFL. Going for 2 way too early and failing, then when the game gets down to the end that extra point the coach didn't just kick ends up being big. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

thus we'll struggle if we can't run

We'll also struggle if we've proven we can run but Stef's playcalling anticipates peak DW.

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

We lost to a team that completed 7 passes

Sure, because our DL is somehow by plan a first-ballot hall-of-famer and a collection of effort-based backups.

I don’t know what game some of you were watching but blaming Jacoby is just silly. He played very well as he has all along. This loss is all on poor play calls / situational football. That started with the first drive and the ridiculous red zone calls and got worse as time went on. We could have easily run the sneak (Brissett is 8/8) and has a new set of downs from like the one. Instead we pass and then decline to kick and field goal. How bout that reverse to Njoku?? I mean WTF. How about the last series when Chubb rode the pine despite averaging over 6 yards a carry? Kevin out smarts himself way too often. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Just now, jcam222 said:

I don’t know what game some of you were watching but blaming Jacoby is just silly. He played very well as he has all along. This loss is all on poor play calls / situational football. That started with the first drive and the ridiculous red zone calls and got worse as time went on. We could have easily run the sneak (Brissett is 8/8) and has a new set of downs from like the one. Instead we pass and then decline to kick and field goal. How bout that reverse to Njoku?? I mean WTF. How about the last series when Chubb rode the pine despite averaging over 6 yards a carry? Kevin out smarts himself way too often. 

He was throwing passes in the dirt for crissake!...

4 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

He didnt lose the game...Shitmypanski lost us the game...oh and woods chipped in to help

Great, accurate post. Here is my take, and reinforcement.

In any fucked up loss there are scapegoats. Brisset(sp) made a few goofs, Njoku fumbled, the D had miscues.....on it goes.

Reality is that the Browns outplayed the Falcons, just as they outplayed the Jets.

Brissett(sp) can't play clutch when we need it? Well, 6 times last year when he could have delivered a KO punch, Mayfield also failed.

The Browns.....NOT the QB can't deliver a KO punch. Our D continues to be soft and continues to make garbage QBs look good. Last year, This year, same thing. We don't rough up the QBs we know will fail. 

The only common variable in all this choking, and kneeling down to give blowjobs to weaker teams, is ShitMyPantski.

Different game, different player the fool blames. All the while, the one guy who is responsible for this team characteristic remains above reproach.

Kevin ShitMyPantski is a soft man. He is a soft coach, he is a beta male, a coward, a sissy. Like Hue Jackson and Romeo Crennell, he is not his own man.

He is afraid to win. 

Two trips to the extreme depths of the opponents red zone produced 3 points..

How does one's offensive line manhandle the opposing OL, basically moving the ball at will, and then completely fall apart when it comes time to punch the ball into the end zone?

It matters not who starts at QB for the Browns, or who is injured on D. ShitMyPantski is a Coward.

So again, as always, do your analytics, pick your own personal pet - "if we make that play", "if we stop them on that down" scenarios and play armchair Depodesta.

I am telling you here and now. Leopards cannot change their spots. Marty was a Coward and ShitMyPantski is a Coward. He will never take the Browns anywhere.

He should be fired, like now.

• Like 1