THE BROWNS BOARD

Jacoby Brissett Blows

Zombo

55 minutes ago, Orion said:

What's Sheldon Richardson doing these days?

my guess.. not hearing a paid number high enough to play..

The Browns cut Shelton to save 12M in cap space..Then turned that into paying Clowney.. Shelton took a pay cut to 3.6M👀..and missed his incentives up to 4.35M by only starting in 7 games of 17 at the Vikings in 2021

Whats a healthy Suh or Shelton worth$ to a November playoff team ?  

On 10/4/2022 at 5:46 PM, Dutch Oven said:

I am absolutely fine with what I've seen from Brissett so far, if you would have told me that the Browns would be averaging over 25 points a game through the first four games, I would have done backflips.

I was mostly fine with JB. The worst thing he did was fail to complete the screen passes. He literally left 70 yards on the field and 2 tds. He HAS to make those plays. 

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Are you asking, or answering? 

If only somebody on this forum took the time to research and unpack such things....

Just gereralizing..

Research, proof is in the pudding, again, we have seen wide open receivers how many games now? It's a constant problem. And doesnt seem to be anywhere close to being resolved..but again, just a fan who watches the game. 

I'll leave the research to the scientific field...

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Very last post in the thread.   

We handle all of your Browns needs here at T63 and co.  

Talking about, but long gone by the time we draft in the second round.   :(

8 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Huh?

Sorry Tia, I don't play NFL Fantasy Football.... 

Yay Colts... I did watch most of the TNF game, analytics loses again. Kick the FG and at least take the tie.  And sure enough, (per  NFL.com) Hamler was wide open on a slant that would have won the game for the Broncos.  Wilson forced the ball into coverage instead.   

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Sorry Tia, I don't play NFL Fantasy Football.... 

Yay Colts... I did watch most of the TNF game, analytics loses again. Kick the FG and at least take the tie.  And sure enough, (per  NFL.com) Hamler was wide open on a slant that would have won the game for the Broncos.  Wilson forced the ball into coverage instead.   

- I gave up FF about 5 years ago when I started gambling.  Don't have the time to dedicate to both.

- Saw that.  Wilson has been spotty at best so far this season.  

17 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

In the 3 losses, he has thrown an int late in the 4th quarter With a chance to win the game

That's all I'm saying.

And they are all horrible interceptions.

5-0 without them.

Z

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Zombo said:

That's all I'm saying.

5-0 without them.

Z

to the tune of Cleveland Rocks!!  Birskett sucks...  Briskett sucks... Briskett sucks!!!!  

I saw more of Garrapolo on one drive that's convinced me the Browns should have offered the 49ers something to get him. Did I say Brisket sucks???  

• Haha 1

Stef calls plays like he's never heard of a backup QB... bury some passing attempts?

Today LAC..

31 rush attempts.. 213 yards/  6.9 yrds./ attempt

JB 21 of 34 attempts  230 yards 1 TD ... 1 huge INT

It's JB's 3rd... 4th quarter pick// ending in every loss we have  

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

to the tune of Cleveland Rocks!!  Birskett sucks...  Briskett sucks... Briskett sucks!!!!  

I saw more of Garrapolo on one drive that's convinced me the Browns should have offered the 49ers something to get him. Did I say Brisket sucks???  

Not as bad as Jimmy and Dee Haslam.

But maturity is so important. So glad to have a guy that doesn't give a f*** if the team wins or loses.

WSS

19 hours ago, Zombo said:

That's all I'm saying.

5-0 without them.

Z

And with jacoby at quarterback the browns are the only team to score 27 or more points in all their games.  Yes the interceptions haven't been great and the most recent one was atrocious but the losses haven't been on brissett. This is all on the defense. Brissett has yet to turn the ball over and give opponents a short field (njoku did once). Brissett has been playing above average to good since we're looking for blame and using ifs then if the defense was just average the browns would be 5-0

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

And with jacoby at quarterback the browns are the only team to score 27 or more points in all their games.  Yes the interceptions haven't been great and the most recent one was atrocious but the losses haven't been on brissett. This is all on the defense. Brissett has yet to turn the ball over and give opponents a short field (njoku did once). Brissett has been playing above average to good since we're looking for blame and using ifs then if the defense was just average the browns would be 5-0

Saying that Brisket blows is not mutually exclusive from saying that the defense blows.

Neither can finish.

And either can our kicker.

Z

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Saying that Brisket blows is not mutually exclusive from saying that the defense blows.

Neither can finish.

And either can our kicker.

Z

My only argument is really if you're going to blame someone or a unit for the losses my first fingers wouldn't go to the guy who is playing above average football especially considering what we expect of him vs an entire unit that is playing well below average when they were expected to be strong. I honestly think we're still 2-3 even if watson isn't suspended because it's been on the defense. Yesterday for example let's say watson gets a td on that drive. What are the chances the chargers go down and score a td to take the lead against this defense. I'd put it at over 50% so i dont think a td there means the browns win and certainly doesn't guarantee it.

Now this is far out there but in a weird way because the chargers coach is an imbecile the int almost gave us a better chance to win lol.  Id rather have our 80% field goal kicker on the field to decide the game than our below average defense.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bjh2130 said:

My only argument is really if you're going to blame someone or a unit for the losses my first fingers wouldn't go to the guy who is playing above average football especially considering what we expect of him vs an entire unit that is playing well below average when they were expected to be strong.

And expecting York to nail 50+ yard field goals every time isn't realistic either.  The Chargers gifted the Browns a great chance to win the stinking game, and we choke it away.  

Brisette is a below average starting qb after all... I've mentioned elsewhere giving up 238 rushing yards to the (previously) worst rushing offense in the NFL blows dead worms.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

My only argument is really if you're going to blame someone or a unit for the losses my first fingers wouldn't go to the guy who is playing above average football especially considering what we expect of him vs an entire unit that is playing well below average when they were expected to be strong. I honestly think we're still 2-3 even if watson isn't suspended because it's been on the defense. Yesterday for example let's say watson gets a td on that drive. What are the chances the chargers go down and score a td to take the lead against this defense. I'd put it at over 50% so i dont think a td there means the browns win and certainly doesn't guarantee it.

Now this is far out there but in a weird way because the chargers coach is an imbecile the int almost gave us a better chance to win lol.  Id rather have our 80% field goal kicker on the field to decide the game than our below average defense.

Again ... I'm not excusing horrid defensive play by making a post about how our QB chokes.

That's what mutually exclusive means.

I just decided to start the thread about Brisket because his play in crunchtime has been abysmal.

They are plenty of threads about how bad the defense has been.

Z

• Upvote 1

Ok I've been guilty of backing Brissett. I didn't see the game, I had the displeasure of listening to the Browns broadcast on XM radio. My goodness do I miss Gib Shanley & Nev Chandler.

Jacoby...run the dam ball in for a TD so we can eliminate the endless negativity.  It just seems impossible to continue to struggle as a franchise, but somehow we still do it along with the Lions. 

Yes to all below, the offense is scoring points at a fantastic clip. Scoring that many points a game when your #2 QB is running the show is unbelievable.

Jacoby for the first 58 minutes of the games has been fantastic, especially for a backup. 

But the last two interceptions at the ends of the Falcons and especially the Chargers game are unexcusable. He went full on Brian Sipe yesterday. I mean, I get it, you know he has zero faith that a one point lead is going to hold up with 2+ minutes left with his defense, but man, you cannot throw that interception there.

Still, at the end of the day, his offense is scoring at just below 27 points a game. I'm thrilled to have him on the roster as the eventual #2. 

6 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

• Upvote 1

On 10/5/2022 at 11:54 PM, jiggins7919 said:

I was mostly fine with JB. The worst thing he did was fail to complete the screen passes. He literally left 70 yards on the field and 2 tds. He HAS to make those plays. 

The Browns scored 28 points despite missing 2 FGs.  The bigger problem was another opponent had their best game of the year running the ball down at will on the Browns. Until Ekeler's 173 yards rushing on the Browns at 10.8 yards per carry, his best game was 60 yards, the other 3 games were all under 38 yards.  The week before that, Atlanta had their best day of the year running the ball against the Browns.  At 1 point they ran the ball 14 straight times for 174 yards.  If that isn't complete ownership and domination of an opponent, then by all means let's just pretend Jacoby Brissett is the only thing keeping the Browns from winning.

Again, Jacoby Brissett is 1 of 32 backup QBs not to be confused with the 32 starting QBs.  That's what he is; and we've seen far worse here filling in for starting QBs here over the years.  

The Browns aren't losing games because their QB threw 1 INT.  They're losing games because their defense can't stop anybody.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

The Browns scored 28 points despite missing 2 FGs.  The bigger problem was another opponent had their best game of the year running the ball down at will on the Browns. Until Ekeler's 173 yards rushing on the Browns at 10.8 yards per carry, his best game was 60 yards, the other 3 games were all under 38 yards.  The week before that, Atlanta had their best day of the year running the ball against the Browns.  At 1 point they ran the ball 14 straight times for 174 yards.  If that isn't complete ownership and domination of an opponent, then by all means let's just pretend Jacoby Brissett is the only thing keeping the Browns from winning.

Again, Jacoby Brissett is 1 of 32 backup QBs not to be confused with the 32 starting QBs.  That's what he is; and we've seen far worse here filling in for starting QBs here over the years.  

The Browns aren't losing games because their QB threw 1 INT.  They're losing games because their defense can't stop anybody.

Agree….I wonder what Belichik’s game plan will be Sunday? 🤔

3 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Agree….I wonder what Belichik’s game plan will be Sunday? 🤔

His history against backup QBs tells us to expect a bad outcome.