THE BROWNS BOARD

¿  QUESTION  for all you loyal  BROWNS  fans. ?   Your honest opinions & feelings on this game. 

mjp28

3 hours ago, D Bone said:

It's so funny because roadies think we MTBers are crazy, but we think you are for riding on the road with all of the idiot texting drivers! 

One thing is for sure though, bikes will prolong our lives and give us a fighting shot at having a great final phase...... Keep on pedaling brother!! 💪

What the hell, here's one more. It's my favorite trail and a glimpse of where I've spent all 54yrs of my life (it's much steeper than it looks on GoPro)...

Hehe... who says you have to ride on roads? I try to avoid it whenever possible...  We're blessed here in SW Ohio with the longest off road trail network in the country. 8\10th of a mile on a residential street, and I'm on it.  :)   I can ride to Cincinnati or Columbus from Dayton and it's less than a mile on city streets.  https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2022/04/americas-largest-paved-bike-trail-network-miami-valley-trails-is-in-southwest-ohio.html

Oh, over the course of a few years, I completed the 300+ Mile Ohio (River) to (Lake) Erie trail.  90%+ of it is paved trail, and the parts that aren't are zero traffic Amish Hill Country.  Because it's already there, the Great American Rail-Trail (East Coast to West Coast) is using almost all of it through Ohio. 

PS- imitating RAGBRAI the week long ride across Iowa, put your wheel in the Ohio and then Lake Erie when you finish. I now know why MTB guys use SPD cleats, and not my SPD-L cleats. Seems like getting wet sand in them at Edgewater Beach on the lakeshore is the equivalent of super gluing your cleats to the pedals.  Yeah, I took a zero mph crash there... :D  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Hehe... who says you have to ride on roads? I try to avoid it whenever possible...  We're blessed here in SW Ohio with the longest off road trail network in the country. 8\10th of a mile on a residential street, and I'm on it.  :)   I can ride to Cincinnati or Columbus from Dayton and it's less than a mile on city streets.  https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2022/04/americas-largest-paved-bike-trail-network-miami-valley-trails-is-in-southwest-ohio.html

Oh, over the course of a few years, I completed the 300+ Mile Ohio (River) to (Lake) Erie trail.  90%+ of it is paved trail, and the parts that aren't are zero traffic Amish Hill Country.  Because it's already there, the Great American Rail-Trail (East Coast to West Coast) is using almost all of it through Ohio. 

PS- imitating RAGBRAI the week long ride across Iowa, put your wheel in the Ohio and then Lake Erie when you finish. I now know why MTB guys use SPD cleats, and not my SPD-L cleats. Seems like getting wet sand in them at Edgewater Beach on the lakeshore is the equivalent of super gluing your cleats to the pedals.  Yeah, I took a zero mph crash there... :D  

^ Loved that link!! It's so cool to see areas embrace cycling and actually put money towards it. If you watched the 2nd video I posted, I ended up on the CA Aqueduct and we can ride it 37 miles, point-to-point, one way. It's a mix of asphalt and dirt and most people use a road or gravel bike. 

It's a cool thing for us to have for people who don't want to ride trails like I ride, but also don't want to ride on the road with autos piloted by morons. I have a few MTB buddies that do both and they make a whole day out of the 74 miles.

Maybe one day I'll borrow a gravel bike and see what it's like. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll help you along... I have never done a mock draft, it's a waste of my time (and I don't have the time) trying to do a deep dive on prospects who might get drafted on day three. But I've frequently done a thumbs up thumbs down analysis on the very top prospects. Go look up my pre draft comments about Brady Quinn, Johnny Football, and Deshone Kiser- among others. 

And your hero Josh Allen?  My scouting report... Can throw the ball in the air a reported 90+ yards, also can't hit the broadside of a barn at 20 yards 1\2 of the time... Pass...  He's one of the very rare quarterback birds (like maybe one out of 100) who has managed to fix his accuracy issues in the pros.  BTW, one of the reasons I liked Baker pre draft, he was extremely accurate on his long throws. 

Accurate and fair enough. Analysis is easier - you can adopt other experts' analyses.

Mock drafts are very, very tough - near impossible to do. Experts are lucky to get a few correct, unless it's a #1 pick and you follow leads in the media and from the team.

Doing mock drafts is hard if someone is afraid to be wrong. I just have fun with it.

19 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Accurate and fair enough. Analysis is easier - you can adopt other experts' analyses.

Mock drafts are very, very tough - near impossible to do. Experts are lucky to get a few correct, unless it's a #1 pick and you follow leads in the media and from the team.

Doing mock drafts is hard if someone is afraid to be wrong. I just have fun with it.

I'd rather take a look at the 10 or so players the Browns might actually draft in the first round, instead of looking at marginal prospects. You're right even the draft "experts" like Daniel Jeremiah and the others just rate players, then start guessing. 

Can't remember exactly, but I believe they had an open contest a few years back for a million bucks if for anyone to exactly predict just the first round of the draft- and there wasn't a winner.  :)   

continuing to question Andrew Berry's 2022 upgraded roster moves .. 

POSITION
PLAYERS
CAP DOLLARS
% OF CAP
NFL RANK
Running Back 4 $13,251,208 6.09% 4
Offensive Line 13 $36,952,255 16.97% 11
Quarterback 4 $15,837,928 7.28% 16
Defensive Line 11 $27,679,775 12.71% 17
Tight End 4 $5,637,476 2.59% 24
Secondary 9 $23,506,263 10.80% 24
Linebacker 8 $9,708,941 4.46% 27
Wide Receiver 8 $11,762,495 5.40% 28
Special Teams 3 $3,637,410 1.67%

Your QB spending will go up next season..

and, Ya might want to think about lower your RB & OL expenses?

While adding to your weak as$ middle of your defense... 28th ranked WR group 🙄 

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/LongFormArticle/Four-Lessons-For-Cleveland-Browns-GM-Andrew-Berry-195339470/#195339470_1

Nice chart and   OL 16.97%  QB 7.28 %  24.25 %  and the   DL 12.71%  DBs 10.97% = 23.94%.  So all the rest are les,  kind of puts some things in perspective. 

A total of  48.19%  of the team's 5 groups (1.67% to 6.09% each) cap is right there in roughly even amounts. 

Now back to the Guardians game in Cleveland, Ohio.  Another close game.   🥎

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Nice chart and   OL 16.97%  QB 7.28 %  24.25 %  and the   DL 12.71%  DBs 10.97% = 23.94%.  So all the rest are les,  kind of puts some things in perspective. 

A total of  48.19%  of the team's 5 groups (1.67% to 6.09% each) cap is right there in roughly even amounts. 

Now back to the Guardians game in Cleveland, Ohio.  Another close game.   🥎

Another fantastic finish- depending on your POV of course.  :)  

On 10/15/2022 at 8:47 AM, gumby73 said:

continuing to question Andrew Berry's 2022 upgraded roster moves .. 

POSITION
PLAYERS
CAP DOLLARS
% OF CAP
NFL RANK
Running Back 4 $13,251,208 6.09% 4
Offensive Line 13 $36,952,255 16.97% 11
Quarterback 4 $15,837,928 7.28% 16
Defensive Line 11 $27,679,775 12.71% 17
Tight End 4 $5,637,476 2.59% 24
Secondary 9 $23,506,263 10.80% 24
Linebacker 8 $9,708,941 4.46% 27
Wide Receiver 8 $11,762,495 5.40% 28
Special Teams 3 $3,637,410 1.67%

Your QB spending will go up next season..

and, Ya might want to think about lower your RB & OL expenses?

While adding to your weak as$ middle of your defense... 28th ranked WR group 🙄 

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/LongFormArticle/Four-Lessons-For-Cleveland-Browns-GM-Andrew-Berry-195339470/#195339470_1

it's not very nice of you to confuse some people here with numbers

1 hour ago, syd said:

it's not very nice of you to confuse some people here with numbers

can't even get to game day without somebody confused   :D

Andrew Berry won't take my calls 📞(hold please) maybe Syd should try from a Washington area code;)

this anal lick it play call sheet ain't winning games & JJ3 needs some veteran defensive help..

Here's what the Ravens do, in under a month ..

Signed free agent OLB Jason Pierre-Paul

Signed free agent ILB A.J. Klein off the Giants' practice squad.

Designated OLB David Ojabo for return from the Non-Football Injury (NFI) list.

Signed WR DeSean Jackson ...      (yeah! I can't wait to watch more of Stonehand's Schwartz 🙈 )

14 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

can't even get to game day without somebody confused   :D

Andrew Berry won't take my calls 📞(hold please) maybe Syd should try from a Washington area code;)

this anal lick it play call sheet ain't winning games & JJ3 needs some veteran defensive help..

Here's what the Ravens do, in under a month ..

Signed free agent OLB Jason Pierre-Paul

Signed free agent ILB A.J. Klein off the Giants' practice squad.

Designated OLB David Ojabo for return from the Non-Football Injury (NFI) list.

Signed WR DeSean Jackson ...      (yeah! I can't wait to watch more of Stonehand's Schwartz 🙈 )

you know something gumby I think were gonna win on sunday but then you have to bring in the numbers and players (sigh sad but true) has schwartz only been thrown to like a hand full of times this season ? and why is he still even on the team ?

1 minute ago, Canton Dawg said:

Because it would mean Berry fucked up by drafting him.

He has too big of an ego to ever to admit to it.

while i agree that you need to give draft picks time to develop so that they can contribute to your team  they really just do not use him at all and it's time to open up a roster spot for someone else

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, syd said:

you know something gumby I think were gonna win on sunday but then you have to bring in the numbers and players (sigh sad but true) has schwartz only been thrown to like a hand full of times this season ? and why is he still even on the team ?

Winning the division is the only way I see us getting into it now.. Hope your right..W

imo, Schwartz could have gone to PS weeks ago. Berry's phone would have never rang..Rookie WR's Woods/Bell saw snaps with Schwartz last week..  The Schwart's has 1 catch for 19 yards on 6 targets including 4 drops of the 6... We've sat Felton 3 games watching this guy do nothing

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Because it would mean Berry fucked up by drafting him.

He has too big of an ego to ever to admit to it.

combine that, along with Berry's roster player age limitations..🙄

• mjp28 changed the title to  ¿  QUESTION  for all you loyal  BROWNS  fans. ?   Your honest opinions & feelings on this game.