THE BROWNS BOARD

¿  QUESTION  for all you loyal  BROWNS  fans. ?   Your honest opinions & feelings on this game. 

mjp28

●   ¿  QUESTION  for all you great, loyal  ♥︎  Cleveland  BROWNS  fans. ?   Your honest opinions and feelings on this game.   

▪︎   Here are mine,  mjp a log time loyal fan.   

On the  Cleveland BROWNS  I still could  barf !    I was a sick and missed the first half game but saw the second half. 

I've tried to be neutral on the HC and  staff   -but-   after this blown game  NO MORE.  REPLACE  STEF  !

........The 2022 season is the Cleveland Browns' 70th in the National Football League (NFL), their 74th overall and their third under the head coach/general manager tandem of Kevin Stefanski and Andrew Berry. The Browns look to improve upon their 8–9 record from the previous season........

SO  how's  that working  out for you BROWNS  FANS ?     mjp.

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎ ¿  QUESTION  for all you loyal  BROWNS  fans. ?   Your honest opinions & feelings on this game. 

I feared a Bolts blow out and honestly thought it would be a 38-20 loss. I was pleasantly surprised with the way the Browns played and they had a chance to win the last time they touched the ball, but just didn't make the play. 

They aren't good enough to overcome mistakes (missed FGs/endzone picks/coaching decisions) and their defense continues to be the weak point with no fix in sight.... just the same old excuses. Stef needed to address the defense this offseason, but instead hooked his future to the horse of Joe Woods. Stef saddled that horse, now he's going to ride it. 

So far, we are who I thought we would be..... a 6-11 team. Prove me wrong Browns. I dare you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

What I think will happen if we continue along here and we finish say 7-10.

Woods is gone.  

I think if you survey the league.  Most would be surprised with our offense performing better than expected.  We are playing with a backup center and a backup qb and a WR group that scared the crap out of most of you in Training camp.  I believe/know that Stefanski has had a direct and substantial impact on that side.  Not a perfect roster on that side BUT still producing. 

• Thanks 1

All you need to know is.. the current group of DT's would barely [barely!] start at Ohio State.  And they wouldn't be stars.

Woods might get fired, but I don't know what he could do consistently with the barely-D1-college level of DI this FO decided to roster.  The consistent result is every team becomes the 1986 49ers with Roger Craig and Tom Rathman each getting 100 yards.

Listened to the game on XM driving to Arkansas. So frustrating not to see it, & honestly aggravated . Jim Donovan, he called the FG good, when it wasn't. 

Sadly, the only defensive stop since the 1st Q and the Browns can't gain positive yards from LAC 45? Stupid.

• Thanks 1

I recall during Woods first season.  “We need to fix our secondary”.   We invested heavily here.   Next season- We need backers.  Enter   JOK. We need another bookend for Myles.  Check here.

Teams are busted up playing backups and came into the year in worse shape than our own defense.

Sorry I don’t feel sorry for Joe as if the Front Office did him in. 

Our Defense is terrible, with average performance we would be 4-1 at least. Our offense has overperformed but I’m resigned to a losing season. And I’m calling our loss to NE now, irrespective of our superior talent our coaches are completely outmatched with Belichik and co. 

Coaching is the root of all that’s wrong with this team. Yea there are execution issues at times but the coaching is abysmal. I felt like leaving when Stefanski went on 4th with an outside run AFTER talking a time bout to change the the ridiculous play he ran. He should be forced to give up play-calling immediately. Woods is who he is, a coach who’s always led mediocre defenses. Fair to mention the DT’s are garbage and could have easily been upgraded with talent that is available. Adding a linebacker tonight after the game speaks volumes on ownership reaction to the rushing yards we gave up. 

2 hours ago, syd said:

here we go brownies here we go woof woof  and fuck bill next sunday

Absolutely  !   Do you all realize how close our beloved  Cleveland  BROWNS were to being 5-0 right now.  

All of you die-hard fans do  know that for sure !   All because of stupid play calling or just poor execution of plays...... geeezzzus h  Christmas  already  !

But despite everything  two things are eternal.......  long live TBB and .....

GO BROWNS  !       :D

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

It's the same old shit every week. They find new ways to lose every single week. Poor execution, lack of discipline, poor coaching, poor clock management, poor decision making, can't finish games. 

This kind of shit SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING IN WEEK 5. The teams that contend for the Super Bowl every year don't make these kinds of mistakes this late in the season. All this stuff is shit you iron out in pre-season. No matter who plays for this team, no matter who coaches them, no matter who owns them , it the same shit every week.

And there is another thing i cannot figure out, the Indians/Guardians and Cavaliers have more titles and more playoff appearances than the Browns could ever dream of and yet Cleveland is considered a "football town". Get the fuck out of here. Honestly, I could care less if they leave again. This team is never going to see a Super Bowl in my lifetime as long as the same type of people are always in charge. Something needs to change or you're going to get the same outcome. The Browns are the very definition of insanity. Doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Neo said:

It's the same old shit every week. They find new ways to lose every single week. Poor execution, lack of discipline, poor coaching, poor clock management, poor decision making, can't finish games. 

This kind of shit SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING IN WEEK 5. The teams that contend for the Super Bowl every year don't make these kinds of mistakes this late in the season. All this stuff is shit you iron out in pre-season. No matter who plays for this team, no matter who coaches them, no matter who owns them , it the same shit every week.

And there is another thing i cannot figure out, the Indians/Guardians and Cavaliers have more titles and more playoff appearances than the Browns could ever dream of and yet Cleveland is considered a "football town". Get the fuck out of here. Honestly, I could care less if they leave again. This team is never going to see a Super Bowl in my lifetime as long as the same type of people are always in charge. Something needs to change or you're going to get the same outcome. The Browns are the very definition of insanity. Doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

Yesl.  All of that and they have some of the most loyal die-hard fans in professional sports.  

But the last 20+ years has tried it a lot !

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, mjp28 said:

●   ¿  QUESTION  for all you great, loyal  ♥︎  Cleveland  BROWNS  fans. ?   Your honest opinions and feelings on this game.   

On the  Cleveland BROWNS  I still could  barf !    I was a sick and missed the first half game but saw the second half. 

I've tried to be neutral on the HC and  staff   -but-   after this blown game  NO MORE.  REPLACE  STEF  !

........The 2022 season is the Cleveland Browns' 70th in the National Football League (NFL), their 74th overall and their third under the head coach/general manager tandem of Kevin Stefanski and Andrew Berry. The Browns look to improve upon their 8–9 record from the previous season........

I've been around as long as you mjp... My take on the situation. 

Well, the Chargers tried mightily at the end to give us the game, and we refused the gift. 

1) Brissett is an OK qb until the last 5 minutes of a game, then he takes stupid pills. Three games in a row with dumb interceptions. Could almost have scored, instead  of forcing a pass into coverage. Accuracy goes to hell too. If he had managed to connect on a couple of those passes, York wouldn't have been put in the position again of having to try and kick a 54 yard game winning field goal.

2) Where's your analytics Kev where Brissett is 95% successful on QB sneaks, so let's let Chubb get stuffed for a loss? Or you could have just punted. 

3) Firing Joe Woods isn't going to solve the immediate problem that opposing teams now know that they can run on the Browns at will. Letting the #32 ranked rushing offense rack up 238 yards on the ground? Barf !!! Yeah, I get why some guys are wondering why Woods hasn't already been fired. It could well be the DL talent is lacking,  And Aaron Donald isn't available for a trade. 

4) The maddening thing is we could be 5-0 with a couple of favorable breaks, but we're not. Seems like the Jets aren't the door mats we thought they were after they beat the Dolphins. 

After all the frustration, we're still only one game out of first with upcoming games against the Ravens and Bengals. Parity rules, and it's too damn early in the season to start the fire everybody chant. The short attention spans are forgetting Stefanski was the NFL coach of the year not that long ago. So now he's a bum?

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Well, the Chargers tried mightily at the end to give us the game, and we refused the gift. 

1) Brissett is an OK qb until the last 5 minutes of a game, then he takes stupid pills. Three games in a row with dumb interceptions. Could almost have scored, instead  of forcing a pass into coverage. Accuracy goes to hell too. If he had managed to connect on a couple of those passes, York wouldn't have been put in the position again of having to try and kick a 54 yard game winning field goal.

2) Where's your analytics Kev where Brissett is 95% successful on QB sneaks, so let's let Chubb get stuffed for a loss? Or you could have just punted. 

3) Firing Joe Woods isn't going to solve the immediate problem that opposing teams now know that they can run on the Browns at will. Letting the #32 ranked rushing offense rack up 238 yards on the ground? Barf !!! Yeah, I get why some guys are wondering why Woods hasn't already been fired. It could well be the DL talent is lacking,  And Aaron Donald isn't available for a trade. 

4) The maddening thing is we could be 5-0 with a couple of favorable breaks, but we're not. Seems like the Jets aren't the door mats we thought they were after they beat the Dolphins. 

After all the frustration, we're still only one game out of first with upcoming games against the Ravens and Bengals. Parity rules, and it's too damn early in the season to start the fire everybody chant. The short attention spans are forgetting Stefanski was the NFL coach of the year not that long ago. So now he's a bum?

No he's just a shit coach...

17 minutes ago, nickers said:

No he's just a shit coach...

I'm glad you're not the Browns GM. I'll agree with Woody, the "Fire the Coach Now" song has always been the #1 hit in Cleveland for decades.

LOL OK- I'll play. Fire Kev now and replace him with who? Dumping a coach in the middle of the season is a sure fired recipe for a disaster. 

Until the Browns fix their atrocious run D, it wouldn't matter if Shula or Noll were coaching this team. 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

I'm glad you're not the Browns GM. I'll agree with Woody, the "Fire the Coach Now" song has always been the #1 hit in Cleveland for decades.

LOL OK- I'll play. Fire Kev now and replace him with who? Dumping a coach in the middle of the season is a sure fired recipe for a disaster. 

Until the Browns fix their atrocious run D, it wouldn't matter if Shula or Noll were coaching this team. 

We have given Joe Woods 3 years... Each year ending with ... Same result... It's time for a change...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

We have given Joe Woods 3 years... Each year ending with ... Same result... It's time for a change...

It would be easy enough to fire Joe Woods, but that doesn't answer my question... Replace him with who? One of the position coaches? If you think that's going to magically fix the run defense- not happening. Can you even name one of the assistant coaches outside of Stump Mitchell?  

If you want to posit Woods is the Baker Mayfield of coaching, that he needs all pros at every position to succeed, then I may buy it.  It doesn't work that way in the NFL. Speaking of Baker, he's played well enough to get his coach fired...  I did get to see his pick six, and now he's hurt too.   🙄

31 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It would be easy enough to fire Joe Woods, but that doesn't answer my question... Replace him with who? One of the position coaches? If you think that's going to magically fix the run defense- not happening. Can you even name one of the assistant coaches outside of Stump Mitchell?  

If you want to posit Woods is the Baker Mayfield of coaching, that he needs all pros at every position to succeed, then I may buy it.  It doesn't work that way in the NFL. Speaking of Baker, he's played well enough to get his coach fired...  I did get to see his pick six, and now he's hurt too.   🙄

DeMeco ryans. I kow he's SF's DC right now, but make him an offer he can't refuse.

3 hours ago, Neo said:

DeMeco ryans. I kow he's SF's DC right now, but make him an offer he can't refuse.

Except IIRC you can't.  In season, that's considered tampering, and not allowed. Trading for players is one thing, other team's coaches under contract is an entirely different critter. No way the 49ers would let that happen anyway.

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

Larry-  I have been around for awhile with the  Cleveland BROWNS  I was born in 1950 same as the BROWNS year 1....and winning the NFL Championship.   

I got interested in the BROWNS when I was around 8 in 1958.  And 14 when they won it all in 1964.  So I've been an INDIANS and  BROWNS fan for over 70 years. 

BUT that doesn't help the 1999-2022 BROWNS that can't get their owner, FO, coaching acts together, they have improved some what on there recent drafts.   I've always said good (or bad)  management and decisions start at the top - well we're screwed there for the near future  there.

You don't want to have a revolving door policy on the HC, staff, OC, DC and  another very important position  starting quarterback.   ~And~ we're set for a long time there let's hope it works out good....starting in about a month.   With this team, loaded at RB, OL, maybe DL and others will come through this year. 

Let's see, the math - From a 2-3 start (no use crying too much about the 3 gone).  Currently  2W / 5 games = 0.40  win % × 12 games left = 4.8 maybe  5 wins + 2 = a 7-10 season,   NO GOOD.   To make the playoffs might need  11  wins.   SO  they will need 9 wins or a .75 win %  to hit that 11 win target.

Do you think that this team actually can win 3/4 of their remaining games left.  Or will they just fall  a few wins short ?   

Better question will they finish over  .500 ?   And.....

GO BROWNS  !

On 10/10/2022 at 1:49 AM, Neo said:

In the Super Bowl era yes.  The 1st 10 years of existence in Pro Football, the Browns were in 10 consecutive Championship Games and won 7 of these (the last 6 of those were in the NFL where they won 3 of the 6).  They also won the NFL Title in 1964.  I know people don't like hearing about championships before color TV; but 1st impressions can be powerful enough to perpetuate why the Cavs or the Tribe/Guardians will never measure up to those days I just spoke of.  My glory years following this team were in the 80s with my favorite 2 QBs Brian Sipe and Bernie Kosar.

As for this team?  We can spend forever on "Fire the Head Coach" stuff; so we can hurry up and watch the SAME guy up at the top using the same hiring criteria to make his next mistake.  Rinse and repeat.   I honestly can't remember so I'll ask - was Stefanski hired before Andrew Berry?  If so, geee - what could go wrong?  When every ship sinks here under Jimmy's tenure - the Head Coach is only a symptom and scapegoat of the much bigger problem at the top. I wish I was wrong about this; but inventory seems to show otherwise...  

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2022 at 7:48 PM, mjp28 said:

I'm with you 100% on the frustration part. I just want the right problem solved. Try to ask yourself why are we right back in the same old crappy feeling we have every 2-3 years or so?  I talked about this more in my first reply.  

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2022 at 7:48 PM, mjp28 said:

For the first time in literally forever I'm intentionally not watching the game Sunday. I've got better things to do. I'm not saying I'm done with the team, but I don't need this. There's obviously something wrong with them. It's never one thing, it's a collection of idiots at key times shatting the muffin. I am tired. 

• Thanks 1