THE BROWNS BOARD

Hunt on the block

Korsou Dawg

Browns listening to trade offers on RB Kareem Hunt after 2-5 start

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2022/10/24/browns-kareem-hunt-listening-trade-2022/

As if this season wasn't eye-gougingly terrible to watch already, it is about to get worse. That said, it is the right call considering we have a popsicle's chance in hell to reach the play-offs, and the chance of re-signing him is similar.

Will the FO address the IDL and actually make a net improvement to the squad? About the same chance too I'm afraid. 

On 10/25/2022 at 7:59 AM, tiamat63 said:

Panthers need an RB now.

Just sayin' 

Now do the playoff looking NY Jets.. 

WR's Elijah Moore (punt returner) for K. Hunt?

or

WR Denzel Mims for D'ernest Johnson?

fits AB's way of thinking.. young & both former 2nd rounders.. 

Rumors think Hunt is only worth a 5th rounder 👎 (keep him)

edit-10-27-- a lot of Jets media/fan boards want Browns to trade RT Jack Conklin to slide Becton to play Guard..as we have seen before, AB does dump large veteran 1yr. contracts if AB/Callahan think James Hudson is ready.... stay tuned 🤦‍♂️

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Now do the playoff looking NY Jets.. 

WR's Elijah Moore (punt returner) for K. Hunt?

or

WR Denzel Mims for D'ernest Johnson?

fits AB's way of thinking.. young & both former 2nd rounders.. 

Rumors think Hunt is only worth a 5th rounder 👎 (keep him)

The "rumors" are strictly based on the market offer to Robinson. 

I think Hunt could be a 4th, (conditional?)  depends on how needy of a team you find though.   I don't want to send him anywhere within the AFC, so that limits options. 

On 10/25/2022 at 6:30 AM, Korsou Dawg said:

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2022/10/24/browns-kareem-hunt-listening-trade-2022/

As if this season wasn't eye-gougingly terrible to watch already, it is about to get worse. That said, it is the right call considering we have a popsicle's chance in hell to reach the play-offs, and the chance of re-signing him is similar.

Will the FO address the IDL and actually make a net improvement to the squad? About the same chance too I'm afraid. 

Depodesta. Here are his analyrics.

Hunt is not scoring touchdowns. 

We don't win when Hunt  plays

Hunt does not carry the ball enough

Quality player on the block. Oh fuck yeah, I have to think the other players are motivated by this.

2 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Depodesta. Here are his analyrics.

Hunt is not scoring touchdowns. 

We don't win when Hunt  plays

Hunt does not carry the ball enough

Quality player on the block. Oh fuck yeah, I have to think the other players are motivated by this.

Depudpuller blows!

We're not utilizing Hunt this year like we did last year.  Even so, he's our 4th leading receiver with 15 catches...and he's averaging 4 yards per rush.  What have we gotten out of our Ford draft pick?   We've known all along that we have too many RB's.....and Hunt was going to be the odd man out because this group drafted Ford.  

20 minutes ago, Orion said:

What have we gotten out of our Ford draft pick?   We've known all along that we have too many RB's.....and Hunt was going to be the odd man out because this group drafted Ford.  

Tony Grossi via nfl radio, stated Ford's on schedule to return in 2 weeks.. Should return back to practice during our bye week 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Tony Grossi via nfl radio, stated Ford's on schedule to return in 2 weeks..

I just don't see that guy having the same value as a football player as Hunt.  But that's just me.

On 10/26/2022 at 9:11 PM, Orion said:

I just don't see that guy having the same value as a football player as Hunt.  But that's just me.

I agree. Hunt doesn't get used a lot but when he is given the ball he is way above average. The logic of getting rid of him makes no sense especially since we are going to get a shit level pick for him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If the Browns lose to the Bungholes, I'm fine getting whatever value we can for Kareem and see what Ford/Johnson can do int hat same role. Stefanski said Ford should be back after the bye week.

Sucks to say but a loss to Cincy essentially puts a wrap on this season. Amassing draft capital where possible just makes logical sense.

• Upvote 2

On 10/25/2022 at 6:30 AM, Korsou Dawg said:

I just don't get this. He is a good player. The chances of a 4th rounder being this good? 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I just don't get this. He is a good player. The chances of a 4th rounder being this good? 

Circumstance. You will lose him in free agency anyway. He will command starter money, and we cannot afford to pay that to a back-up, no matter how good that back-up is. If we were in the hunt for the play-offs, he wouldn't be available, but we obviously are not.

On 10/26/2022 at 9:30 PM, Orion said:

We're not utilizing Hunt this year like we did last year.  Even so, he's our 4th leading receiver with 15 catches...and he's averaging 4 yards per rush.  What have we gotten out of our Ford draft pick?   We've known all along that we have too many RB's.....and Hunt was going to be the odd man out because this group drafted Ford.  

Hunt was a piece in a very talented Chiefs offense, I agree that he is not being used the proper way. Sad thing is that he is a local kid and WANTS to stay here, that's rare these days. Somehow they will find a way to push him out the door.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Circumstance. You will lose him in free agency anyway. He will command starter money, and we cannot afford to pay that to a back-up, no matter how good that back-up is. If we were in the hunt for the play-offs, he wouldn't be available, but we obviously are not.

Yeah, I get it, but what is the point? Sign players and pray that we win before they leave?

Fucked up, is all I am saying

12 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Kareem's long term value to this team has always been as a trade piece.

Hunt's a Dorcey guy.  So when he became available (much like now with Watson) he fell right into Dorcey's lap.  And this regime has kept him all this time because, well, he's good.  But they drafted the Ford.  And the draft pick has to play.  

33 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Kareem's long term value to this team has always been as a trade piece.   I'm shocked people think moving him is a sign of "giving up".  

Did people honestly think Kareem was going to keep signing team-friendly contracts for the rest of his career to continue to be Chubb's backup? You're right, this was the only logical way for this to end. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Kareem's long term value to this team has always been as a trade piece.   I'm shocked people think moving him is a sign of "giving up".  

I think it is a sign of the Browns don't know what the fuck they are doing.

The guy likes it here, he is a good player, he can help win games.

If indeed he has more value than winning games, our organization is truly fucked up.

24 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I think it is a sign of the Browns don't know what the fuck they are doing.

The guy likes it here, he is a good player, he can help win games.

If indeed he has more value than winning games, our organization is truly fucked up.

He's a great player at a log jammed position where the Browns commit well over league average salary.

Holding onto him is akin to owning a Ferrari but only driving it during rush hour. 

If his trade nets a pick or player this team can role into an effective IDL or WR, then it's a smart move with long-term benefits to the organization.  

• Upvote 1

I feel stupid for just thinking of this (thank you ESPN) but if the Browns keep Hunt for the season, and let him walk, won't they get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick for him when he leaves for free agency?

If so, why wouldn't the Browns keep him? 

21 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I feel stupid for just thinking of this (thank you ESPN) but if the Browns keep Hunt for the season, and let him walk, won't they get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick for him when he leaves for free agency?

If so, why wouldn't the Browns keep him? 

And I think you can know the compensatory pick before hand, so you only accept trades above that value. 

28 minutes ago, Nero said:

And I think you can know the compensatory pick before hand, so you only accept trades above that value. 

And I have a hard time believing someone is giving up better than a comp pick for a RB rental.