THE BROWNS BOARD

Deshaun Watson returns: Some of QB's accusers actually planning to attend Browns-Texans game in Houston

Vambo

I hope Watson runs it in for a touchdown and lays down while his teammates pretend to give him a massage. Best celebration EVER. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I hope Watson runs it in for a touchdown and lays down while his teammates pretend to give him a massage. Best celebration EVER. 

He wouldn't dare do that ..... but then again ?

Hey jigs  "are you ready for some football"  i really am !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

We won. Those whores got no press. The NFL is done with this shit, so it will fizzle or at least settle down.

I love the Browns, and we won. The other 31 teams can all line up to suck glory hole dick.

• Upvote 3

On 12/3/2022 at 3:39 PM, Neo said:

If it was as bad as some make it out to be, no way does Watson ever set foot on an NFL field again. No way they jeopardize their money making machine. People need to grow up and realize that NFL players are human too. They screw up like everybody else. Apparently is not as bad to these women either if they will be in the same building as Watson. Probably just to rub it in his face that they got paid.😏

Hey, anyone remember the Vikings Love Boat excursion?   

• Upvote 1

For a guy that hasn't seen the field in almost two years, had limited pre-season snaps, was not even allowed to be near the facility, I gotta say he did a lot better than I thought he would. I'm stoked for what the future holds if he can continue to get better. We saw a glimpse of what this offense can be with his athleticism. If the offense starts hitting on all cylinders, it will be scary for the rest of the league.

1 hour ago, Neo said:

For a guy that hasn't seen the field in almost two years, had limited pre-season snaps, was not even allowed to be near the facility, I gotta say he did a lot better than I thought he would. I'm stoked for what the future holds if he can continue to get better. We saw a glimpse of what this offense can be with his athleticism. If the offense starts hitting on all cylinders, it will be scary for the rest of the league.

I'll just say this... If Watson plays next week like he played this week... We ain't winning jack shit! Cinncitucky as much as I hate them ain't no joke!!... They aren't Houston. I don't know what game you watched but he looked almost pedestrian to me.. A lot of his passes went right to the turf... He better clean that shit up stat!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

I'll just say this... If Watson plays next week like he played this week... We ain't winning jack shit! Cinncitucky as much as I hate them ain't no joke!!... They aren't Houston. I don't know what game you watched but he looked almost pedestrian to me.. A lot of his passes went right to the turf... He better clean that shit up stat!

I haven't shot hoops in almost 10 years. Went back out to the court a couple months ago, first few shots I air balled, after a couple hours I was knocking them all down. I'm sure it will come back to him.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Neo said:

I haven't shot hoops in almost 10 years. Went back out to the court a couple months ago, first few shots I air balled, after a couple hours I was knocking them all down. I'm sure it will come back to him.

Seeing is believing!

14 hours ago, Neo said:

He was throwing bounce passes in both halves while a lot of his passes were ankle high; so there's reasons to be concerned.  It's not like he wasn't at training camp.  He's also been practicing for a few weeks running scout team offense/QB.  

• Thanks 1

Seriously, I just have to throw my hands up🤷‍♂️ Never mind he's been away from the game for so long and forget the fact his first game back was against his old team in THEIR stadium. Forget that he had all of just one series on pre-season, forget his first game back is a meaningful game with playoff implications not a pre-season game where plays a series and is out. Forget that he got booed for obvious reasons. Fuck being rusty, maybe it was just the enormous pressure of the situation?

He did a hell of alot better than I expected someone who was out as long as he was. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Neo said:

Seriously, I just have to throw my hands up🤷‍♂️ Never mind he's been away from the game for so long and forget the fact his first game back was against his old team in THEIR stadium. Forget that he had all of just one series on pre-season, forget his first game back is a meaningful game with playoff implications not a pre-season game where plays a series and is out. Forget that he got booed for obvious reasons. Fuck being rusty, maybe it was just the enormous pressure of the situation?

He did a hell of alot better than I expected someone who was out as long as he was. 

He's human, he was sweating bullets I bet.

I hope I'm wrong, but don't expect much improvement next week either. Besides his rust, the O line is a complete mess right now. 

15 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

He's human, he was sweating bullets I bet.

I hope I'm wrong, but don't expect much improvement next week either. Besides his rust, the O line is a complete mess right now. 

One of the announcers said he's not trying to add to his career,  that he's just trying to get his life back together, I tend to agree with that. And alot of people are ignoring that this IS his preseason but the games are meaningful and have playoff implications. There's going to be growing pains no doubt about it.

Shit, he played the entire game and who knows if he's even in football shape.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Neo said:

I've seen rookies come in cold with ZERO experience and DO BETTER!...Stop the excuses man...

1 hour ago, Neo said:

One of the announcers said he's not trying to add to his career,  that he's just trying to get his life back together, I tend to agree with that. And alot of people are ignoring that this IS his preseason but the games are meaningful and have playoff implications. There's going to be growing pains no doubt about it.

Shit, he played the entire game and who knows if he's even in football shape.

I doubt very much if he's in true NFL fast, hard hitting   "football shape"   regardless of how much track he ran or weights he's lifted.

Hopefully that comes around next week or in the following week  ..... hopefully not too long until we see the 4823 / 33 / 7 guy or close to it.

Let's see what the BROWNS have paid for ..... and soon.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Neo said:

I got to agree here. Not just because I went all in on support of the trade and backed him through the “legal” troubles and then the NFL commish issues he had. 

But you laid it all out nicely.  

I’m a numbers guy too.  700 days between starts. A limited sample set too- 21 attempts in his first start back.  All New WRs in a game setting.  

He will look a look a little more comfortable next week and the week after and undoubtedly make a few mistakes too.  He had Chubb, Hunt, the surprising defense and special teams help him out game 1. 

This was never about this season.  The 11 game suspension made it that way. 

We gave Baker time, Joe Woods time, Kevin time…the list goes on 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

PANICPANICPANIC! 

I've seen rookies come in cold off the bench and perform better than this turd...

For fuck sake, it was one game, and he won. 

🙄" But but, he didn't score any touchdowns. He didn't help us win"

But he didn't cause us to lose either.

Just like I criticized York last week for missing a kick in a close game, but we won. So I let him off the hook.

Kind of makes you wonder what in the hell Watson has been doing these last few months?

If he’s not physically ready for the season, that’s on him.

If he’s not mentally ready, that’s on the coaching staff.

He looked ill prepared and that’s not good considering what Haslam paid for him.

15 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Kind of makes you wonder what in the hell Watson has been doing these last few months?

If he’s not physically ready for the season, that’s on him.

If he’s not mentally ready, that’s on the coaching staff.

He looked ill prepared and that’s not good considering what Haslam paid for him.

He hasn't played in nearly two full years.

He hasn't practiced with his teammates since training camp. 

I have no idea what some of you were expecting. Hell, I won't be surprised if he never plays this season as well as Jacoby did. 

Now, if he's still looking mediocre next season, after being able to practice like normal, etc, then I will be worried.

But I don't expect great things for the next five games. 

14 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I have no idea what some of you were expecting. Hell, I won't be surprised if he never plays this season as well as Jacoby did. 

Now, if he's still looking mediocre next season, after being able to practice like normal, etc, then I will be worried.

I’m hearing excuses.

There should be no excuses from any of the highly paid players on this team.

I heard excuses from the Baker Bros, now I’m hearing excuses from the Pervert Posse.

No excuses.

20 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So if I take this at face value and the Browns would agree with it, then why the hell is he starting? Jacoby should be under center if this truly is the case, while Watson runs the scout team to try and shake off the rust.

Watson's the highest paid player in NFL history and if he is truly worth that contract, he'll play like it and do so sooner rather than later. I literally can't take another 4 quarters of what I watched last week, much less 20. 

17 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I’m hearing excuses.

There should be no excuses from any of the highly paid players on this team.

I heard excuses from the Baker Bros, now I’m hearing excuses from the Pervert Posse.

No excuses.

You were one of the Baker Bros. 

Those aren't excuses, those are facts. It is also a fact that he is the reason he didn't get to play in the first eleven games this season. (Along with the fact that he chose to sit out last season instead of playing for the Texans in an attempt to get traded from them.)

If you think a QB can literally miss 700 or whatever days and jump right in and play at a top-notch level on a team of virtual strangers, you have a very, very limited knowledge of football.

LIke I said before, I am not expecting him to play that well for the next five games. I'll worry about how he plays next season. If he is playing poorly next season, after getting to train with the team, practice with the team, etc, then I'll be concerned.    

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

So if I take this at face value and the Browns would agree with it, then why the hell is he starting? Jacoby should be under center if this truly is the case, while Watson runs the scout team to try and shake off the rust.

Watson's the highest paid player in NFL history and if he is truly worth that contract, he'll play like it and do so sooner rather than later. I literally can't take another 4 quarters of what I watched last week, much less 20. 

1. Because he's the future of the Browns, not Brissett 

2. You keep going on about how much money he makes like his paycheck comes out of your wallet. 

3. Since when do you actually watch the Browns? Seems to me that after every game you come on here, tell everyone how you rode your bike instead of watching the Browns, how happy and delighted you are about this, etc.