THE BROWNS BOARD

Deshaun Watson returns: Some of QB's accusers actually planning to attend Browns-Texans game in Houston

Vambo

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

1. Because he's the future of the Browns, not Brissett 

2. You keep going on about how much money he makes like his paycheck comes out of your wallet. 

3. Since when do you actually watch the Browns? Seems to me that after every game you come on here, tell everyone how you rode your bike instead of watching the Browns, how happy and delighted you are about this, etc. 

1) A 1st round QB is also the future of a team, yet if he's not ready, he doesn't play.

2) If it came out of my wallet, he would not be here. A player's pay check is part of his legacy whether they like it or not. He will always be tied to the most ridiculous contract in sports history and if he doesn't live up to it on the field, it will only be highlighted even more.

3) I thought you understood humor? I watch all the games on delay so I don't log on here to have you spoil it for me while I'm behind. Guess I'll have to use the pink font more as to not lose you. 

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You were one of the Baker Bros. 

Those aren't excuses, those are facts. It is also a fact that he is the reason he didn't get to play in the first eleven games this season. (Along with the fact that he chose to sit out last season instead of playing for the Texans in an attempt to get traded from them.)

If you think a QB can literally miss 700 or whatever days and jump right in and play at a top-notch level, you have a very, very limited knowledge of football.

LIke I said before, I am not expecting him to play that well for the next five seasons. I'll worry about how he plays next season.   

I was a fan of Baker, until he was no longer a Brown.

Same as Couch, Anderson, Brady, McCoy, Kiser, you get the idea.

I wouldn’t call throwing a pass at the feet of my receivers a top notch level accomplishment. 

BTW, I played college ball so I would like to think I know a little bit about the game.

I stated before, I can hold my nose and root for DW….but I’m not sure I can root for another shit show like I saw on Sunday.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Canton Dawg said:

I was a fan of Baker, until he was no longer a Brown.

Same as Couch, Anderson, Brady, McCoy, Kiser, you get the idea.

I wouldn’t call throwing a pass at the feet of my receivers a top notch level accomplishment. 

BTW, I played college ball so I would like to think I know a little bit about the game.

I stated before, I can hold my nose and root for DW….but I’m not sure I can root for another shit show like I saw on Sunday.

So there is no confusion, since anything Deshaun Watson usually devolves into IF YOU DON'T HATE HIM WITH EVERY BREATH YOU BREATHE YOU MUST LOVE HIM! RABBLE RABBLE, allow me to retort with:

1. Watson looked really, really bad Sunday.

2. I, for perhaps the 320th time, have zero problem with someone being morally bothered by the presence of Watson on the Browns. I get it. 

3. I expect Watson to look rusty and to have chemistry problems with teammates he's had very little time to work with, after not playing football for almost 2 full years. Call me crazy, but I don't expect him to play at the All-Pro level he did in 2020 and before in these last six games of the season. I look at this, for him, as extended preseason. It is what it is. 

32 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So there is no confusion, since anything Deshaun Watson usually devolves into IF YOU DON'T HATE HIM WITH EVERY BREATH YOU BREATHE YOU MUST LOVE HIM! RABBLE RABBLE, allow me to retort with:

That we can agree on.

2. I, for perhaps the 320th time, have zero problem with someone being morally bothered by the presence of Watson on the Browns. I get it. 

The NFL isn’t filled with choirboys, and DW isn’t one of them and I’m fine with that. My problem is the FO overpaid for him, and if this deal turns out to be a bust it’s going to set us back years.

3. I expect Watson to look rusty and to have chemistry problems with teammates he's had very little time to work with, after not playing football for almost 2 full years. Call me crazy, but I don't expect him to play at the All-Pro level he did in 2020 and before in these last six games of the season. I look at this, for him, as extended preseason. It is what it is. 
If DW looks like hot garbage the next couple of games, I would expect Stefanski to put in Brisset. I think Stefanski is sitting in the hot seat at this point.

honestly I believe the browns thought...

1) Watson would only miss 6-8 game weeks

2) Agreed..Watson looked 700 days rusty.. but remember.. His contract number for this season is 1 million dollars..

3. The balls thrown in the dirt... I'll wait for a all 22 view.. Watson has done this before at Clemson, when his reads were not open preventing taking hits on himself or his target.. K. Hunt had a outstanding clutch catch on a low ball, that saved us on a 3rd down..

Watson's feet looked all over the place at his release.. Passes did come out of his hand nose diving.. I'd need a better tape look for a reason why

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

The NFL isn’t filled with choirboys, and DW isn’t one of them and I’m fine with that. My problem is the FO overpaid for him, and if this deal turns out to be a bust it’s going to set us back years.

The options were going all-in on Watson, sticking with a guy who is hurtling towards obscurity in Baker (and was a free agent after this season) or drafting a QB and rolling with a rookie on a team allegedly built to win now. 

All three options have/had huge issues. 

This isn't directed at one specific person,  but if it's not the Browns bad play that makes it hard to be a Browns fan, it's the fans. 

It's either some unknown guy makes a play in preseason and everyone says "superbowl!"

And on the flipside, you have a guy of Watson's caliber and because he looks like a guy who hasn't played football in 700 days.......batman-dark-knight.gif.212edebb221af18abe7896a28d13261f.gif

Everywhere on the internet I read comments discussing Watson's performance it's the same thing. They mention that he hasn't played football in almost two years and then proceed to say how bad he was almost like an alzheimers patient forget what they had just said.

No shit. Really? You don't say. A guy who hasn't played meaningful football in two years struggled in his first game back on a new team. Color me shocked.

If you want to talk about how much they overpaid him, then you want to be PATIENT with him. He's what we have and he's not going away.

I just don't know if I can do this anymore. It's both frustrating and infuriating. And fuck all that "making excuses for Watson" shit. Maybe I'm just trying to give the guy a chance instead of tossing our 200 million dollar QB in the trash because he had a predictable bad game.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Neo said:

For fuck sake, it was one game, and he won. 

🙄" But but, he didn't score any touchdowns. He didn't help us win"

But he didn't cause us to lose either.

Just like I criticized York last week for missing a kick in a close game, but we won. So I let him off the hook.

His defense and special teams "won"... He was along for the ride... Tell me how many TD's he scored... I'll wait...

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Hes had OTA's and Preseason Dorkus... And he still looks like toast!

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

His defense and special teams "won"... He was along for the ride... Tell me how many TD's he scored... I'll wait...

Either you cannot comprehend what people are telling you, or you have brain damage. I'm going to go with you have brain damage. It's not hard to understand what I'm trying to say.

11 minutes ago, Neo said:

Either you cannot comprehend what people are telling you, or you have brain damage. I'm going to go with you have brain damage. It's not hard to understand what I'm trying to say.

It's true... I have brain damage via 3 mini strokes you dork!...  So now you are not only an idiot... You discriminate against people with Handicaps and Disabilities. YOU are a RACIST POS! And a weasel moron to top it off...  Have a nice day Junior...

• Haha 2

And all you could do was laugh like a 12 year old ,immature brat... It's what I expected from you... Your Parents obviously forgot to use Birth control before you were hatched...

4 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Kind of makes you wonder what in the hell Watson has been doing these last few months?

If he’s not physically ready for the season, that’s on him.

If he’s not mentally ready, that’s on the coaching staff.

He looked ill prepared and that’s not good considering what Haslam paid for him.

How do you simulate physical GAME reps without playing a game for 700 days?  

He’s had a red jersey on and no one is grabbing his jersey or tumbling by his feet.  The coach is isnt blowing the whistle when Wills misses his block.  Cooper isn’t running a route at 85% etc etc. 

23 minutes ago, nickers said:

And all you could do was laugh like a 12 year old ,immature brat... It's what I expected from you... Your Parents obviously forgot to use Birth control before you were hatched...

In all seriousness, you get on here talk shit and treat people like dirt, and then you can't take it when someone returns the favor. Sounds like you need to grow some thicker skin.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Neo said:

In all seriousness, you get on here talk shit and treat people like dirt, and then you can't take it when someone returns the favor. Sounds like you need to grow some thicker skin.

Hey fuck you!... If think I'm being funny... Go call my Doctor and ask him how funny the shit I go through on a daily basis is... Heres the number.(440-974-4404).. I bet you don't have the balls...  And your the one who makes threatening messages to people! Take in your own inventory Sherlock!...

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

How do you simulate physical GAME reps without playing a game for 700 days?  

You can’t, but his performance screams not enough practice or serious lack of effort.

I certainly hope it’s the former.

6 hours ago, Neo said:

The hilarious thing is that he'll pull the victim card, then immediately drone on about all the "pussies and woke snowflakes" the next day 😁 in some pathetic attempt to convince people he's not exactly that himself. Calling you a "racist POS" is irony at its best, too. As I've said many times, always consider the source around here. 

8 hours ago, gumby73 said:

honestly I believe the browns thought...

1) Watson would only miss 6-8 game weeks

2) Agreed..Watson looked 700 days rusty.. but remember.. His contract number for this season is 1 million dollars..

3. The balls thrown in the dirt... I'll wait for a all 22 view.. Watson has done this before at Clemson, when his reads were not open preventing taking hits on himself or his target.. K. Hunt had a outstanding clutch catch on a low ball, that saved us on a 3rd down..

Watson's feet looked all over the place at his release.. Passes did come out of his hand nose diving.. I'd need a better tape look for a reason why

Good points Gumbs!

I'd still like to hear from all of the Jacoby critics about this massive foretold upgrade we have at QB (via Dobbs or Watson) the second Jacoby is replaced.   We haven't seen an offensive TD since it happened.   If our defense and special teams were as helpful to the career back QB here - this team would easily have 8 wins on its record today.

Watson DID avoid sacks with intentional throw-aways at Clemson. However, a lot of his bounce passes and/or ankle high throws on Sunday weren't intended throw-aways.  I'm okay with some rust; but this seemed excessive to the extent he lost all his mechanics and fundamentals aside from the re-adjustment to the speed of the game.  You brought up an interesting point about the ball coming out of his hands nose diving.  Looks to me like he's waiting a split second longer to let go of the ball during his throwing motion. It's a fine line the coaching staff is going to have to take a look at to help him.  Some of that could a temporary lack of confidence in himself or with his decision within a progression or a little bit of both.  I can't say without access to film.  It might be something for you to look for with the all 22 view.

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The hilarious thing is that he'll pull the victim card, then immediately drone on about all the "pussies and woke snowflakes" the next day 😁 in some pathetic attempt to convince people he's not exactly that himself. Calling you a "racist POS" is irony at its best, too. As I've said many times, always consider the source around here. 

And your just another better than thou asshole who thinks his shit don't stink... Look in the mirror before judging others you dumb prick... You and cry baby Neo have a proclivity for twisting things people say or mean to benefit your weak ass agenda... You both seriously need to grow up and grow a pair... You can both go fuck off!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Neo said:

This isn't directed at one specific person,  but if it's not the Browns bad play that makes it hard to be a Browns fan, it's the fans. 

It's either some unknown guy makes a play in preseason and everyone says "superbowl!"

And on the flipside, you have a guy of Watson's caliber and because he looks like a guy who hasn't played football in 700 days.......batman-dark-knight.gif.212edebb221af18abe7896a28d13261f.gif

Everywhere on the internet I read comments discussing Watson's performance it's the same thing. They mention that he hasn't played football in almost two years and then proceed to say how bad he was almost like an alzheimers patient forget what they had just said.

No shit. Really? You don't say. A guy who hasn't played meaningful football in two years struggled in his first game back on a new team. Color me shocked.

If you want to talk about how much they overpaid him, then you want to be PATIENT with him. He's what we have and he's not going away.

I just don't know if I can do this anymore. It's both frustrating and infuriating. And fuck all that "making excuses for Watson" shit. Maybe I'm just trying to give the guy a chance instead of tossing our 200 million dollar QB in the trash because he had a predictable bad game.

It can definitely get difficult and we all have our moments!

This fanbase is always gonna have fans that hate the starting QB.  It would be more surprising if they didn't at this point.

Hopefully they'll get Watson's mechanics and fundamentals back up and running this week.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Flugel said:

It can definitely get difficult and we all have our moments!

This fanbase is always gonna have fans that hate the starting QB.  It would be more surprising if they didn't at this point.

Hopefully they'll get Watson's mechanics and fundamentals back up and running this week.

I'm just tired of starting over all the time. People are always excited to see that one QB the Browns "reached" to draft, the second the starter throws an incomplete pass in preseason, they are already chanting for the new guy. Now we have a very talented QB who showed promise of what could be and everybody is crying because he didn't throw for 800 yards and 7 TD's and 100 yards rushing. And people want to mention his contract, it's not Watson's fault the owner was dumb enough to give him a massive fully guaranteed contract.

• Upvote 1

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/deshaun-watson/32005741-5433-8355-e029-e49022cf4b81

Weaknesses
  • Frame is a little more slender than teams typically like
  • Accuracy runs hot and cold
  • Tends to over-stride on drive throws, causing release point to drop and balls to sail
  • Ball placement on crossing routes and slants needs to improve
  • Will leave throws behind intended targets
  • Deep-ball accuracy has been scatter-shot over his last two seasons at Clemson, with throws sailing well beyond his target
  • Design of offense limited his need to make full-field reads
  • Has to become adept at working through progressions and playing chess against safeties
  • Needs to let routes develop rather than rushing anticipatory throws
  • Too many interceptions due to lack of vision, placement or decision-making
  • Threw interception vs
  • Troy against bracketed coverage he didn't see
  • Baited into bad-decision interceptions twice by Florida State cornerbacks
  • Has issues improvising away from initial, pre-snap plan even when pathway to target becomes muddy
  • Shotgun quarterback who, like Jared Goff, could take time getting used to huddling, pace of play-calling and drop-backs from under center

5 hours ago, Neo said:

I'm just tired of starting over all the time. People are always excited to see that one QB the Browns "reached" to draft, the second the starter throws an incomplete pass in preseason, they are already chanting for the new guy. Now we have a very talented QB who showed promise of what could be and everybody is crying because he didn't throw for 800 yards and 7 TD's and 100 yards rushing. And people want to mention his contract, it's not Watson's fault the owner was dumb enough to give him a massive fully guaranteed contract.

Well said!  Me too..   

In 2020, Watson had a better season than he did when his team made the playoffs previously.

He was the top rated passer in the AFC (2nd in the NFL) with a rating of 112.4, comp % 70.2, 4823 yards, 33 TD, 7 INT; but he had a crappy owner with a sum of talent rendering all that useless in the form of a 4-12 record.   

I was in college when the Browns blew a 20-3 half time lead to Miami in Kosar's Rookie Year.  No biggy, we had a young team with 2 studs at RB that both rushed for over 1000 yards apiece.  The next year was the Drive.  The next year was The Fumble.  And through it all, I was only in my younger 20s thinking I had forever ahead of me to see our team win some Championships.

My favorite 2 QBs here were Brian Sipe and Bernie Kosar; because in spite of their imperfections - their competitive wills to win were so fun to watch and easy to root for.  I want that kind of football again with a better ending.

What made success for both guys possible?  Continuity around them on the same team.  There was a lot of patience with Brian Sipe considering he was drafted in 1972 with the arm strength of a 13th round draft pick.  In 1980, he was the only Cleveland Brown in my lifetime that earned the NFL MVP honor.  A few years later, Bernie Kosar led the Miami Hurricanes to its 1st National Championship with a big upset over the #1 ranked Nebraska Cornhuskers. A year or 2 later, we got him in the 1st round of the NFL Supplemental Draft.  He became the ONLY 1st round draft pick the Browns drafted in my lifetime to go on and put together a successful career in Cleveland.  

Since then...  Testaverde was the QB of an 11-5 team that also won a playoff game here and so was Baker.  This fan base hated both guys.

Other than this, we have a T-shirt honoring every QB who failed miserably here since 1999.

Like you - I'm looking forward to the day this shit finally changes.  

I think Brissett did a good job during 11 weeks where mostly the defense wasn't playing good, costing us some wins (we could have started 5-0 easily). 

We went 4-7, and it is hard to believe that we are going to reach the playoffs this year, so I think it is the perfect spot to start the guy the OF put all the chips in. 

He shows all the rust in the world and some more, but defense and special teams pull out their best performance of the season,and we get a W. 

I just hope Watson takes this as a wake-up call and gets to his level, and Browns fans don't kill each other in the meantime. We're not winning the Superbowl this year, and we have been to bigger shitshows, so let's see how this turns out. 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I think Brissett did a good job during 11 weeks where mostly the defense wasn't playing good, costing us some wins (we could have started 5-0 easily). 

We went 4-7, and it is hard to believe that we are going to reach the playoffs this year, so I think it is the perfect spot to start the guy the OF put all the chips in. 

He shows all the rust in the world and some more, but defense and special teams pull out their best performance of the season,and we get a W. 

I just hope Watson takes this as a wake-up call and gets to his level, and Browns fans don't kill each other in the meantime. We're not winning the Superbowl this year, and we have been to bigger shitshows, so let's see how this turns out. 

They better take a long look at his mechanics and release.  The low throws could be from releasing the ball a split second late each time.  Some could also be from indecision or a lack of confidence at this point - but it's not something impossible to correct at all.

We'll see,...

I wouldn't worry.  People are gonna be hitting each other over the heads with cyber mallets in here because there's news about Baker.  That'll keep em all pre-occupied for the next few days...