THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Ravens

Orion

image.png.d49523ce2b4b269c80ef9cf2bb52542c.png

Game 3 of the 2022 Pre Season of the 2023 Season.

Our interest is now on the development of our new QB.  And this game will be a major test for the offense....especially the offensive line.  The Ravens are wicked good against the run and they get after the QB.  Apparently, if you can get the ball off you can do some damage against their pass defense...but our OL is not now playing like a top notch OL.  And their top notch running game against our 22nd ranked run D...with MORE LB'ers out this week.....umm....well, the numbers just don't look good.  Without Jackson, we can't tell what the outcome will be.

I'll go out on a limb and say that Watson won't look all that good against their D this week.  But then, Chubb probably won't either...and we know that Chubb isn't a problem.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Orion said:

image.png.d49523ce2b4b269c80ef9cf2bb52542c.png

Game 3 of the 2022 Pre Season of the 2023 Season.

Our interest is now on the development of our new QB.  And this game will be a major test for the offense....especially the offensive line.  The Ravens are wicked good against the run and they get after the QB.  Apparently, if you can get the ball off you can do some damage against their pass defense...but our OL is not now playing like a top notch OL.  And their top notch running game against our 22nd ranked run D...with MORE LB'ers out this week.....umm....well, the numbers just don't look good.  Without Jackson, we can't tell what the outcome will be.

I'll go out on a limb and say that Watson won't look all that good against their D this week.  But then, Chubb probably won't either...and we know that Chubb isn't a problem.

Thanks for the work. 

There are so many fucked up variables on our side of the field I have no clue of what to expect. The Ravens are not a complete package and are not above our ability to win, but which fucking version of these jackoffs shows up?

Go Browns.

Fuck Baltimore.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I fully expect the raturds to run all over us. Maybe even 250 yards or so. They might even throw fewer then 15 passes

As for the Browns, more stupid penalties, bad play calling and horrible tackling

I hope I’m wrong but it sure doesn’t look good 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

The Ravens are not a complete package

Right.  They do it with running the ball, defending the run and rushing the passer.  Of course Jackson is their leading rusher...but their host of real RB's have been productive.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'll curious to see how Watson deals with real grass and blustery lakefront weather. 

Being a QB in the north at this time of year isn't for everyone.. 

...and prior to 230 million reasons, it wasn't for him...like, at all!

12 minutes ago, Orion said:

...and prior to 230 million reasons, it wasn't for him...like, at all!

Are you implying that a professional athlete chose the team he wanted to play for based on what team offered him the best contract?

THIS MOST LIKELY HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE! 😉

• Haha 1

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Are you implying that a professional athlete chose the team he wanted to play for based on what team offered him the best contract?

THIS MOST LIKELY HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE! 😉

I remember listening to one of Watson's college coaches on an interview call with The Fan radio.  It was a few days before he signed with us.  His coach basically said that Cleveland has absolutely NO chance at getting Watson.  That he absolutely HATES their winter weather and would never go to a team that has that kind of weather.  :)  

And then the next day it was announced that Cleveland was out of the running for Watson and that it would be New Orleans or Atlanta.

And then the NEXT day it was announced that he's a Cleveland Brown.   I was like, What the hell caused that?  And then I heard about the fully guaranteed 230 million reasons.   Just another mercenary.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Orion said:

I remember listening to one of Watson's college coaches on an interview call with The Fan radio.  It was a few days before he signed with us.  His coach basically said that Cleveland has absolutely NO chance at getting Watson.  That he absolutely HATES their winter weather and would never go to a team that has that kind of weather.  :)  

And then the next day it was announced that Cleveland was out of the running for Watson and that it would be New Orleans or Atlanta.

And then the NEXT day it was announced that he's a Cleveland Brown.   I was like, What the hell caused that?  And then I heard about the fully guaranteed 230 million reasons.   Just another mercenary.

Some of us would never relocate no matter the money involved.  I have to think it may have been a factor but definitely not a deciding factor.   Atlanta, Carolina or anyone else actively pursuing him has to go on the road too and play in lousy weather. 

And there is No amount money that I’d take to go and live in places like El Paso, TX.,  St. George, UT, Pittsburgh for (obvious and not so obvious reasons) or a region like central PA.  Right before I moved to Southern California I almost relocated to Scranton, PA….it was Youngstown Ohio…with no family and subpar Italian and polish food and some of most worst pizza I’ve ever had.  No offense here if I named a locale anyone resides in…to each their own.  California can be lousy too 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I almost relocated to Scranton, PA….it was Youngstown Ohio…with no family and subpar Italian and polish food and some of most worst pizza I’ve ever had.  

Michael Scott: Guess who just ordered from your favorite pizza place, Alfredo?
Kevin: Wait. Alfredo's pizza cafe? Or Pizza by Alfredo?
Michael Scott: Same thing. [everyone groans] You know what, I don't understand when you all talk at the same time!
Kevin: Oscar, talk to him.
Oscar: Michael, there's a very big difference between these two pizza places. Both in quality of ingredients and in overall taste. Which one did you order from?
Michael Scott: Pizza by Alfredo. [everyone groans] All right, you know what? Okay, okay. What is better, a medium amount of good pizza, or all you can eat of pretty good pizza?
All: A medium amount of good pizza.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Michael Scott: Guess who just ordered from your favorite pizza place, Alfredo?
Kevin: Wait. Alfredo's pizza cafe? Or Pizza by Alfredo?
Michael Scott: Same thing. [everyone groans] You know what, I don't understand when you all talk at the same time!
Kevin: Oscar, talk to him.
Oscar: Michael, there's a very big difference between these two pizza places. Both in quality of ingredients and in overall taste. Which one did you order from?
Michael Scott: Pizza by Alfredo. [everyone groans] All right, you know what? Okay, okay. What is better, a medium amount of good pizza, or all you can eat of pretty good pizza?
All: A medium amount of good pizza.

I should have known an Office Quote/script was coming 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Some of us would never relocate no matter the money involved.  

.... St. George, UT, Pittsburgh 

My oldest son & his family live in Houston, holy crap is it muggy down there. 

My middle son lives in Phoenix....HOT!!

Both are good places to visit in the fall/winter though. I couldn't live there year round.

St. George, Ut...gateway to all those National Parks, what's wrong with it, I'm curious.

Pittsburgh, yeah. My sister has lived there since 1987. Married a Steeler fan & all their kids are Steeler fans, hate the Browns.

15 hours ago, Bob806 said:

My oldest son & his family live in Houston, holy crap is it muggy down there. 

My middle son lives in Phoenix....HOT!!

Both are good places to visit in the fall/winter though. I couldn't live there year round.

St. George, Ut...gateway to all those National Parks, what's wrong with it, I'm curious.

Pittsburgh, yeah. My sister has lived there since 1987. Married a Steeler fan & all their kids are Steeler fans, hate the Browns.

I sold water purification technology into industry and science/medical facilities in the Pittsburgh area for 12 years of my career.

Great people, very similar NE Ohioans, just a different region. Also played a lot of music in the area. They treated me like a king.

However, geographically, the metro area is the gloomiest fucking part of the world I have ever been to. There are no parallel and perpendicular roads. The hills can make a 4 mile drive to get 1/4 mile from where you are.

Pittsburgh really is a fucking shithole.

Once again, late in the season with nothing to really play for. Lots of guy going down so this will be a time for somebody to step up and maybe we can find another diamond in the rough. As i said before I have already made my mind up about Watson, not going to panic, even if he comes out and throws 5 interceptions( would be unfortunate but). I'm going to give him the same time I gave Mayfield, all I'm looking for is improvement which I believe we will see. This is like his pre-season, if he comes out at the start of next season and stinks then I will be concerned. If he stinks 8 games into next season then I will panic. 

Players aside, I want to see improvement out of the coaching staff. If these guys can't show any kind of ability to make adjustment then I say shit can them all and just hope the new guy doesn't gut the roster. The biggest thing holding this team back aside from injuries are these morons. I mean, Stefanski showed so much promise when he got here and then suddenly turned into the Pat Shurmurs/Romeo Crennels/Hue Jacksons of season's past. I mean what the hell?🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Players aside, I want to see improvement out of the coaching staff. If these guys can't show any kind of ability to make adjustment then I say shit can them all and just hope the new guy doesn't gut the roster. The biggest thing holding this team back aside from injuries are these morons. I mean, Stefanski showed so much promise when he got here and then suddenly turned into the Pat Shurmurs/Romeo Crennels/Hue Jacksons of season's past. I mean what the hell?🤷‍♂️

Do you sometimes this season get the impression that the coaching staff knows they are getting consistently outcoached, so that is why they do so many head-scratching moves in some kind of "let's compensate for being outcoached by outsmarting the other team!" act of desperation? 

30 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Do you sometimes this season get the impression that the coaching staff knows they are getting consistently outcoached, so that is why they do so many head-scratching moves in some kind of "let's compensate for being outcoached by outsmarting the other team!" act of desperation? 

I'm not a big fan of the calls where people say, He's a genius if it works.  Just make a smart call.  But I DO remember having that feeling when Brian Dabol was here.  I felt like he was staying up late to come up with a 'creative' play each week because the media & everyone else wanted to run him out of town like a common pigmy.  (I'll refrain from posting Leslie Nielson and the Police Squad clip)  :) 

4 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I sold water purification technology into industry and science/medical facilities in the Pittsburgh area for 12 years of my career.

Great people, very similar NE Ohioans, just a different region. Also played a lot of music in the area. They treated me like a king.

However, geographically, the metro area is the gloomiest fucking part of the world I have ever been to. There are no parallel and perpendicular roads. The hills can make a 4 mile drive to get 1/4 mile from where you are.

Pittsburgh really is a fucking shithole.

Lol....well I was a mover for 14 years before I became a fireman/paramedic. Pittsburgh neighborhoods all seemed to be on a hill. You had to carry stuff uphill all day long, nothing's flat except the kitchen countertop.

It's not really a bad city, some good eateries. I just can't stand the dreaded Steelers. D'Anoias is my favorite restaurant there.

2 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Wtf kevin does this mean??

That's as bad a quote as our secondary coach saying that the Bengals losing two of their starting receivers "made it harder to defend their offense". 

I'm just done with this entire coaching staff. 

• Haha 1

I think Stefanski outcoached himself at times. Like the TE screen to Njoku that worked the first time for minimal yards then got blown up a couple of players later because the LB recognized it. I think it was Lavante David in the Bucs game. As athletic as Njoku is and the only way you can try to get him involved is a TE screen?

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

That's as bad a quote as our secondary coach saying that the Bengals losing two of their starting receivers "made it harder to defend their offense". 

no shit i saw that what a fucking idiot

6 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Lol....well I was a mover for 14 years before I became a fireman/paramedic. Pittsburgh neighborhoods all seemed to be on a hill. You had to carry stuff uphill all day long, nothing's flat except the kitchen countertop.

It's not really a bad city, some good eateries. I just can't stand the dreaded Steelers. D'Anoias is my favorite restaurant there.

It was bitter sweet for me. I made my.living with their help, made.friends, and ate at some great places, but it always felt weird to me, especially on football fridays.

• Upvote 1

On 12/16/2022 at 7:48 PM, Dutch Oven said:

If this wasn't our favorite team - this stuff would be hilarious!

Now I have one of Baker's male cheerleaders trying to educate me about how terrific Matthew Stafford's backup QB is in between cartwheels...  If McVay can get that kind of production out of a backup QB - just think would he could do with Watson.  

I have to admit, one thing I wasn't expecting was to see our defense playing as well as they have in 3 of the last 4 weeks.  I don't even think were playing that bad in Cincy; if our Special Teams didn't rough the Punter after our defense forced them to punt deep in their own territory.  

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

If this wasn't our favorite team - this stuff would be hilarious!

Now I have one of Baker's male cheerleaders trying to educate me about how terrific Matthew Stafford's backup QB is in between cartwheels...  If McVay can get that kind of production out of a backup QB - just think would he could do with Watson.  

I have to admit, one thing I wasn't expecting was to see our defense playing as well as they have in 3 of the last 4 weeks.  I don't even think were playing that bad in Cincy; if our Special Teams didn't rough the Punter after our defense forced them to punt deep in their own territory.  

Then again, the Browns defense started slow last season, then played well down the stretch too.

This year, they started in reverse and stayed that way for half the season, with virtually the same defensive roster. You are correct in saying that Woods was hamstrung when he was given such a bad interior DLine, but how completely lost the secondary was is on him. 

Really proud of how the Browns played yesterday. A lot of teams would have rolled over and died in their position.

• Upvote 2

it isn't a matter of "male cheerleader", it's a matter of facts.

Baker, after week 14, has a higher qb rating than watson.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/deshaun-watson-or-baker-mayfield-who-is-ranked-higher-in-nfl-quarterback-power-rankings-after-week-14/ar-AA15jcvn

btw, both watson and Brissett have tremendous advantage with Amari Cooper. Two threads of Baker bashing, and some guys on here can't handle telling facts about Baker because "he's no longer with the team".

Right.

McVay can't teach watson how to have character and love the game.

That is watson's downfall, off the field.

He will never be the face of the frachise. For a lot of folks, whether or not he succeeds with the Browns

won't matter as much as it would have, if the Browns had a true leader at qb.

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2022 at 7:48 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Then again, the Browns defense started slow last season, then played well down the stretch too.

This year, they started in reverse and stayed that way for half the season, with virtually the same defensive roster. You are correct in saying that Woods was hamstrung when he was given such a bad interior DLine, but how completely lost the secondary was is on him. 

In order

- Losing starters and replacing them with players who have little tape does accomplish one big thing, you lose whatever insight you had on play call tendency.  Sure, when receivers are out you generally tend to run the ball a bit more.  But with a QB like Joey Buckets, Taylor still has all the confidence in him to sling the rock all over even with Chase out.  So that element of anticipation of calls and route strengths, that coaches and players learn about their divisional opponents, isn't present.   Does it mean their team is better without Jamar? Hell no, but the quote isn't without a bit of merit.  

- This defense started as fast as our opponents would allow.   It is no small coincidence when you look at games lost and points surrendered, then compare that with facing offenses who don't field a bottom 10 IOL and/or a backup QB.     They fought hard yesterday and it's a testament to them not quitting, but they still are what they are.

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

Repeat after me…

Joe Woods is not the guy. Joe Woods is not the guy. Joe Woods is not the guy.

It was crazy watching the Niners front the other day.  In those same over calls that the Browns show, San Fran executed and manhandled the Seahawks line end to end.  Design is one thing, but no design trumps just having better talent across the board.