THE BROWNS BOARD

" The"  🏈   Official  Thursday  &  Saturday * WEEK 15 * ​​​​​​​ Saturday Baltimore (+2.5)  at  Cleveland  4:30 pm   🏈

mjp28

5 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

29-29 and    6:04 left whoa ....

2 minutes.   Allen is a really good quarterback  !  Marching down the field. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I did something that I almost  never  ever do,  I switched from MIA +7.5 to  BUF. -7.5  about 15 minutes before game time. 

We'll see what happens.     :)  :(

FINAL SCORE    BUFFALO  32   MIAMI  (+7.5)  29.    Your first choice is generally best choice,  NO KIDDING.   :o 

Oh well.  

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Just our luck in Florida Jigs.  We missed the entire 1st quarter.  Lucky for us, the score was only 0-0 when we were finally able to watch it.

Well flugs it turned out to be quite an interesting   college and NFL football Saturday  whether you watched some or most of it.  Including the greatest comeback   EVER   in the NFL football history.   

I started out just to watch the BROWNS game and ended up watching the entire  BILLS/DOLPHINS   game while my wife slept through that one.  

You never know what you will see on any given Sunday.   And of course  .....

GO BROWNS  !

• mjp28 changed the title to " The"  🏈   Official  Thursday  &  Saturday * WEEK 15 * ​​​​​​​ Saturday Baltimore (+2.5)  at  Cleveland  4:30 pm   🏈
18 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Now 33-0.  OK what's the plan now,  17-0 each quarter ?   OK is that even possible  ?   Can't wait for Game #2  BROWNS  30-19 ..... baby !

You never know on any given Sunday  ......   to quote Al Michaels ....  you might see a miracle.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Well flugs it turned out to be quite an interesting   college and NFL football Saturday  whether you watched some or most of it.  Including the greatest comeback   EVER   in the NFL football history.   

I started out just to watch the BROWNS game and ended up watching the entire  BILLS/DOLPHINS   game while my wife slept through that one.  

You never know what you will see on any given Sunday.   And of course  .....

GO BROWNS  !

Me too!  I saw all 3 games on the NFL Channel and they were gems.  The Colts-Vikes game was awesome (biggest comeback in NFL history they reported).  The only problem with it was the OT went almost the entire 15 minutes which was the whole 1st quarter of the Browns game.  The good news was the score was still 0-0.

Hard to complain about the football we were treated to all afternoon and night yesterday. I just felt a lot like Jigsy about our luck missing a quarter of the game on the rare occasion we get treated to the Browns being televised where we live.

15 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Wow...Watson had a huge day.  18 for 161...are we the steelers now?

Chubb with 99 yds.

kev is going all out 

I had no doubt Watson would get better, you could see it in his play that he was putting in the work and wants to do good things here. Also, something about Watson that you didn't get with Brissett is he spread the wealth with passes to Felton, DPJ, Harrison Bryant, Baldwin, Woods, Cooper,  and Njoku. Did I miss anyone? He may have had one to Hunt too?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Orion said:

Jets coach is a dumb shit.  He doesn't understand what TO's are fore.

I felt like the Lions went out and won that game.  The 4th down play call…wide open and well played.  They are going to be a problem next year…but they just started too slow this year.

They have the Rams first round pick…might be the time to use it on one of the QBs coming out…develop them behind Goff

Finally watched the game, I like Watson’s progression and he made a few elite sideline throws I haven’t seen since the return. Defense also made one of its sporadic appearances this season which if had been more consistent would’ve been good for 2-3 more wins this season. 
Cade York is worrisome but he’ll get another season to hopefully figure things out. DPJ is legit, hope he’s paid next season. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 10:22 AM, Neo said:

I had no doubt Watson would get better, you could see it in his play that he was putting in the work and wants to do good things here. Also, something about Watson that you didn't get with Brissett is he spread the wealth with passes to Felton, DPJ, Harrison Bryant, Baldwin, Woods, Cooper,  and Njoku. Did I miss anyone? He may have had one to Hunt too?

I'd bet money that after we scored our td, we went into super safe mode, and we really should have had 2 additional FG's. Our QB didn't turn it over and we knew we weren't losing that game unless we lost it ourselves. I know it wasn't pretty, but it didn't have to be. How many of these type of games have we lost in the past? 

We're going to have another game JUST like this coming up Sunday against the Saints. I don't think they have the firepower to beat us in a crap show weather game. I think we win again with a score around 16-9.

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Anyone going to the game this Saturday?

Its looking like a potential nasty weather game. Snow and a wind chill below zero.

Ooo, doesn't that sound like fun..........to watch a team with a 1% chance of making the playoffs....

7 minutes ago, Orion said:

Ooo, doesn't that sound like fun..........to watch a team with a 1% chance of making the playoffs....

I had the chance for free tickets, but I think I'll just enjoy it from my living room in front of the 55",,,,

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I had the chance for free tickets, but I think I'll just enjoy it from my living room in front of the 55",,,,

...right?   Now, admit it....if the stadium was domed you'd probably have gone.  But then, the tickets probably wouldn't have been offered.

Oh, but the purists would say, Football was made to be played outside in the elements.  Of course it was, because there were no domes back then.  And it wasn't intended to be played in January & February.  Just like baseball wasn't intended to be played in November. 

10 minutes ago, Orion said:

...right?   Now, admit it....if the stadium was domed you'd probably have gone.  But then, the tickets probably wouldn't have been offered.

Oh, but the purists would say, Football was made to be played outside in the elements.  Of course it was, because there were no domes back then.  And it wasn't intended to be played in January & February.  Just like baseball wasn't intended to be played in November. 

Boy, I'm conflicted on that.

Sure, the idea that I'd be inside, watching the game in 72 degree weather would be nice, but I also hate indoor football. Honestly, the idea of driving from Canal Fulton to downtown Cleveland and back during a possible blizzard is the bigger deterrent. I could probably dress warm enough. 

You aren't wrong about most of your points. I still contend that with the lease on First Energy running out at the end of the decade that the Haslams will push for a domed stadium. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I could probably dress warm enough. 

I went to a playoff game in NE and watched Dan Pastorini beat the Patriots.  A light snow falling...was cool.  And cold.  I swear that I got frostbite in my right foot that day.  It's bad in the winter time for me now.  (and I wore two pairs of socks)

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Orion said:

I went to a playoff game in NE and watched Dan Pastorini beat the Patriots.  A light snow falling...was cool.  And cold.  I swear that I got frostbite in my right foot that day.  It's bad in the winter time for me now.  (and I wore two pairs of socks)

Dan Pastorini was a good one... Never got enough love as far as I was concerned...

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 4:30 PM, Orion said:

Jets coach is a dumb shit.  He doesn't understand what TO's are for.

Man, do we have a Special Teams Coordinator for him...  I can just see the interview now. 

Saleh: Can you describe something innovative you've done?"

Priefer:  Yeah, while all of our opponents use 11 guys on their Special Teams unit - I like to try to use 12.

Saleh: Wow!  That could warm a lot of groins at the Meadowlands. Anything else?

Priefer: You should see what I've done for my rookie place kicker.  While all the other teams put their holder the same distance behind the long snapper, we buck trend.  I move our holder a few yards up; so it's easier on the long snapper and it shortens the distance of the kick - even when the kick makes it past the line of scrimmage.

Saleh:  INTERESTING!  I gotta do something to get these damn sportswriters off my ass; and you might have the solutions!  What is a recent unplanned problem or situation that you had to resolve?

Priefer:  As we were getting ready for our first playoff game since 2002, Kevin came down with COVID. Even though Bill Callahan had 23 years of experience and Stump Mitchell had 20 - I also had 20 years of experience at the time and the Browns had me as their Interim Head Coach.  The first thing I did was let our Offensive Coordinator Alex Van Pelt call the plays so that I could attend to all 3 phases of the game.. 

Saleh: How did you make out with that? 

Priefer: Well, our Defense forced 5 interceptions and recovered a fumble in the end zone.  Our offense scored the other 41 points and didn't throw any interceptions - as this team won it's first playoff game since the Browns returned to the NFL in 99.  That's probably my favorite warm and fuzzy in Cleveland that really counted on me.

Saleh: Any final thoughts that separate you from the other candidates?

Priefer:  Yeah, I was US Marine.  If you need anyone to go Roadhouse Bouncer on all those Sportswriters with the white noise - I got it covered...

Saleh:  You're hired!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Anyone going to the game this Saturday?

Its looking like a potential nasty weather game. Snow and a wind chill below zero.

Yeah, the New Orleans Saints whether they want to or not.  

You gotta be there just to see the look on their faces when they ask "where the Hell is the roof on this dump?"

This will be 1 time where dreaming of a White Christmas won't be so positive for them, at least hopefully...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Orion said:

An interesting stat:  Rats scored 3 points, but only punted once.  

I'm amazed they only netted 3 points... I thought it would be much closer

6 hours ago, nickers said:

I'm amazed they only netted 3 points... I thought it would be much closer

Yeah, but they didn't have their QB.   Each team missed 2 FG's....so, it is what it is...

• Upvote 1