THE BROWNS BOARD

◆ "The"  🏈  Official BROWNS at steelers GAMEDAY THREAD Week 18. 🏈  Right here <---<<

mjp28

8 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Did the Texans lose the 1st pick to the Bears?

They cleverly went for two to loose the game,  but the damn players converted it so, YES, the Texans lost the #1 pick.  :)

• Thanks 1

If they don’t fire woods, I’ll be forced to stop buying tickets.

I don’t know how it’s taken an analytics department 3 years to realize that playing the softest zone in NFL history allows the likes of Bailey Zappe to put 38 points on you, or allows Joe Flacco to come back from the dead and put 17 on you in two minutes . . . All this with what is a super talented backfield . . . Do they teach NFL defense at Harvard? 

I could take or leave Stefanski . . . In a perfect world I would like to see him be the OC and someone else take the HC job based purely on his boneheaded game day decisions. I like his offense, but that’s pretty much it. 

No matter what they do anywhere else in the building it seems our only hope for a winning season next year is that deshaun will be like the deshaun of old for 17 games. 

• Upvote 1

so, see watson throw into triple coverage - INT. See watson get sacked with plenty of time to throw. See watson throw another INT, see watson fumble the ball away close to halftime, then run out the clock.

see watson get sacked again. see watson throw way, way, way too high to an open reciever. See watson throw right into the dirt in front of Hunt.

See the refs make fools of themselves. See the refs give the browns a first down on a bogus roughing the passer call.

See the browns defense give up running and passing. See the browns secondary completely blow coverage. see the stinking hated steelers laughably go for two like they could do it every TD and succeed against the Browns.

230 MILLION GUARANTEED AND THREE FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS.

oh, it's bad.

Oh, and see the coaches who need to be fired still with the Browns because...

well, I don't know why. But it was a productive day - I had a few calls from friends who said the browns are awful....I made pickled eggs and we cooked up a fine supper.

Baker played a lot better than that with a broken shoulder.

Brissett might very well have won that game.

Historically high guaranteed contract - and watson stil made the three rivers area stink worse.

Wait til next year. Maybe the browns will trade watson for ONE first round draft pick, and draft a real NFL qb in the first round.

Browns in last place in the division AGAIN.

As the announcers  said, I was surprised as many with the pass heavy approach and the lack of touches for Chubb. When you have arguably the best back in football, the offense should be run through him. Watching Stefanski run this offense is maddening at times. It doesn't give me very much confidence that things will be better next year.

Just now, Neo said:

As the announcers  said, I was surprised as many with the pass heavy approach and the lack of touches for Chubb. When you have arguably the best back in football, the offense should be run through him. Watching Stefanski run this offense is maddening at times. It doesn't give me very much confidence that things will be better next year.

Yep.

Woods and/or Priefer might lose their jobs as DC and Special Teams Coordinator, but IMO the main "brain trust" of this team will remain the same.

IMO the complete tear down of this front office/head coach won't happen until this time, next year. Another 7-10 season or so will seal their fates.

Unless something drastic happens, I expect to see more of the same next year.

7 minutes ago, Neo said:

In retrospect it may be possible they were "evaluating" the O line pass protection against a quality front. Or "evaluating" DW's progress of reading defenses, a good defense. 

I don't agree with it, but these analytic nerds probably were doing this. 

Analytics doesn't take account of things like the fan base hating the Steelers. I hate this nerdy approach.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Last week. Halloween vs Cincy. That's about it

Last week was only that way because they started Wence

30 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

In retrospect it may be possible they were "evaluating" the O line pass protection against a quality front. Or "evaluating" DW's progress of reading defenses, a good defense. 

from my anal sitting in my recliner :)

1.) Let's hope they extended Conklin to move Jack to LT...

2.) Move Wills back to his college right tackle side..

3) Re-Sign Ethan Pocic

4) Keep Bill Callahan 🤞

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Fuck Seattle. Convinced the nation that $5 coffees are ok

i live in the N.W  and do not go to starbucks so if a sucker wants to pay a fiver than so be it otherwise seattle is a great city to visit and i get to see the Browns play next year

10 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Fuck Seattle. Convinced the nation that $5 coffees are ok

I wouldn’t pay 5 cents for coffee. It’s disgusting 

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

so, see watson throw into triple coverage - INT. See watson get sacked with plenty of time to throw. See watson

Yeah, I just saw your guy Baker cost the Rams the game against Seattle.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Analytics doesn't take account of things like the fan base hating the Steelers. I hate this nerdy approach.

If that is true then nothing has changed. The culture remains the same. You just don't let your most hated rival win in a game that could send them to the playoffs because you want to evaluate talent. And another thing, they need to get that analytics shit far away from Cleveland. What exacly has analytics done for the organization since the implemented it? Analytics only tells you what plays have the highest probability of working in certain situations, not what the right call should be in a certain situation.  

• Upvote 1