THE BROWNS BOARD

~  AND  ~   🏈   only  204 days  and now 92 ? 57 ? 32 ? 19 ? YES really ! And still counting...  🏈   ....​​​​​​​🔥

syd

35 minutes ago, syd said:

ill be 59 in july ha i thought i was gonna be 61 (maybe i do need a calculator) but the good news is i got 2 years younger and at the end of the year I retire and if i have questions ill look ya up

Yes that might be a good idea to make sure that you have some kind of workable plan heading into your retirement years.

Number one might be when do you plan on retiring ?  Then all of the many little things that you should have written down  about your plan.    When you're good and ready just drop me a PM and we'll go from there.  I've done this many, many times although  I am retired and i do all of this for my friends,  relatives,  neighbors  pro bono  (no cost).   

I've done taxes for 30+ years including setting up a tax business  ....... and giving it to a friend,  SHE has done very well with it.  BUT I haven't done anyone's taxes since 2015 still I know what to do,  a part of the plan.  Oh a good up-to-date will ?  All of those little things, when you're ready.  mjp.     :)

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, syd said:

woo hoo only a 180 day's to go

another bassist has a birthday today u2's adam clayton

Wow you've knocked off  24  days already. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, syd said:

176 day's

Happy ST.PATS Day i'm headed to the coast for a couple of day's to bet March Madness and to see George Thorogood play tonight so Hell Ya 

I'll be seeing Springsteen in Cleveland in about three weeks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'll be seeing Springsteen in Cleveland in about three weeks!

Wow!  I saw him at the Syracuse Carrier Dome back when I was in college.  I went mostly because my friend needed someone to go with him.  So, we hitch-hiked from Cortland 30 miles south of SU when it was about 5 degrees out.  Much to my surprise, it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen.  The guy played for over 3 hours.  Then, came the worry about about getting back to Cortland without freezing and we were really lucky with that.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Wow!  I saw him at the Syracuse Carrier Dome back when I was in college.  I went mostly because my friend needed someone to go with him.  So, we hitch-hiked from Cortland 30 miles south of SU when it was about 5 degrees out.  Much to my surprise, it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen.  The guy played for over 3 hours.  Then, came the worry about about getting back to Cortland without freezing and we were really lucky with that.  

That's what I've heard about his concerts - you definitely get your money's worth. 

170 days.  And in World Baseball Classic news.

★ Undefeated Japan wins 3rd WBC.  Shantoi wins MVP, gets SAVE in clincher strikes out Mike Trout !

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

170 days.  And in World Baseball Classic news.

★ Undefeated Japan wins 3rd WBC.  Shantoi wins MVP, gets SAVE in clincher strikes out Mike Trout !

it's to bad they play for the angels and capt.kirk turned 92 today

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, syd said:

168 day's till kickoff

robert carradine turned 69 today

And Ray "Boom boom"  Mancini had a birthday party tonight for his 62nd birthday.   Happy 62nd birthday "Boom boom".   :D

Just now, syd said:

damnit we were not invited 

Maybe you weren't  .......  :lol:.   Well I wasn't either,  it was a surprise deal from his cigar buddies  but it was covered on WFMJ TV 21.

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Maybe you weren't  .......  :lol:.   Well I wasn't either,  it was a surprise deal from his cigar buddies  but it was covered on WFMJ TV 21.

some video would be cool,wonder if youtube has anything 

24 minutes ago, syd said:

Ray's birthday was March 4 but they had a party for him tonight  ...... will have to check that out.  :o

46 minutes ago, syd said:

OK I found it.   We'll sorta'.  From this Friday March 25, 2023 WFMJ TV News.

Friday night, around 80 people gathered at the Sigaro Cigar Lounge in Hubbard. They were there to celebrate the birthdays of former boxing champion and Youngstown legend, Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini and rocker musician Donny Iris.

"Two of our favorite friends and customers and of course, Boom Boom is a Youngstown legend and we like to think has become an ambassador for this community and Donny Iris has done the same in Pittsburgh," said Sigaro Co-Owner Steve DeGenaro.

★ Mancini turned 62 earlier this month, while Iris turned 80 in February. The pair struck up a friendship 10-to-15 years ago.

"I haven't seen Ray for a couple years now and I'm excited as I can be," Donny Iris said.

"I remember listening to his music and then I got a chance to meet him and just what a wonderful person he is," Ray Mancini said.

One thing they both have in common is their love of cigars and over time, they became friends with the co-owners of Sigaro, Jaime Garayua and Steve DeGenaro, who opened Sigaro back in July and say this is one of their biggest events held yet.

"We've been blessed," Garayua said. "In Hubbard, the community, the council, everybody from start to finish have been extremely inviting and welcoming and it's good because when you are moving into a community, you are looking to open up a business, those type of things are very important."

"We did this for all our members, for Donny and Ray and it's just a great night," DeGenaro said.

"I hope people in Youngstown and the area will come and patronize it and give it a shot because once they see it they are really going to fall in love with this place and my friend Steve and Jamie and Jamie did all the interior, all the work himself and its special man, I'm telling you, this is what a real cigar club should be," Mancini said.

Internationally renowned tenor Marco Fiorante provided the entertainment with Station Square providing the food.

★  Jackie Popovec from The Vindy's even sang Happy Birthday.

"It means everything, Derek, look, only a place like Youngstown when you got special friends, special people that they do something like this," Mancini said. "They ain't going do like this in a major city, but this is home, always been home. I love these people, I love this place and it's just wonderful to have a night like this with all these people, I'm just flattered."

Next month, Mancini will be celebrated even more when he's inducted into the National Boxing Hall of Fame, the third such hall of fame he'll be a member of.

As his dreams continue to come true though, he's urging others to chase after theirs.

"Remember, they are not coming to you, you got to go take it, you got to go after it," Mancini said. "My father taught me, if you want a challenge, challenge greatness but you got to go take it, greatness ain't coming to you, you got to try to be great, you got to want to be great but you got to go after it."

★ Iris will be playing at the Robbins Theater in Warren in May and in Youngstown with REO Speedwagon in June.

For more information on Sigaro Cigar Lounge, call 330-568-4212. You can inquire about a membership and all the different cigars they offer.

• Like 1