THE BROWNS BOARD

~  AND  ~   🏈   only  204 days  and now 92 ? 57 ? 32 ? 19 ? YES really ! And still counting...  🏈   ....​​​​​​​🔥

syd

For some reason, mjp edited the title of this thread two weeks or so ago and added the "now only 92, really?" part at the end, when we were somewhere around 104 days left.

I still think he's predicting the end of the world tomorrow. The Canadian wildfires aren't helping my anxiety on this matter. 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

For some reason, mjp edited the title of this thread two weeks or so ago and added the "now only 92, really?" part at the end, when we were somewhere around 104 days left.

I still think he's predicting the end of the world tomorrow. The Canadian wildfires aren't helping my anxiety on this matter. 😆

I only edit the title line periodically   -not-   daily or even weekly.    It should be due soon.    -_-

1 hour ago, syd said:

922560x1440-Player-Headshots-sam-kamara

And who is #92 ?  What 92 ?  92 ?  Yes, finally  92  baby !      Told you it would come.   Patience kids.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

And who is #92 ?  What 92 ?  92 ?  Yes, finally  92  baby !      Told you it would come.   Patience kids.

well that's D.E Sam Kamara you know he played at Stony Brook year before last

• mjp28 changed the title to ~  AND  ~   🏈   only  204 days  and counting, now only 92 ...... YES really !    🏈   ....​​​​​​​
1 minute ago, syd said:

is that Perry ? 

Sure looks like one  Michael  Dean !

🏈  And coming up next at #85 is none other than Dave Logan. 🏈  

Dave Logan (85) tries to catch a pass during the 1981 playoff game against the Raiders. AP

EDI3M3MTCFDMJHJRCS6Y26EROM.jpg

• Like 1

🏈    And after  #85  Doug Logan  is one of our all time favorites   next   at  #84  Webster Slaughter. 

In a catch versus the steelers    -and-   doing a real high 5 with  #88 Reggie Langhorne.   

91tc-55tXlL._AC_SX679_.jpg

images (24).jpeg

Today is Johnny Brewer amount of days left until the Browns season kicks off. Brewer was an interesting player, the 1960 fourth round pick out of Ole Miss was a TE for the first half of his career, then converted to LB for the second half. He caught 89 career balls for six touchdowns, and had three interceptions and a touchdown returned as a linebacker. He became an insurance agent during his football career, and at the end of it requested to be traded closer to home, so the Browns traded him to the almost new New Orleans Saints for a second round pick, that was used to draft Joe "Turkey" Jones. 

johnny brewer.jpeg

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Today is Johnny Brewer amount of days left until the Browns season kicks off. Brewer was an interesting player, the 1960 fourth round pick out of Ole Miss was a TE for the first half of his career, then converted to LB for the second half. He caught 89 career balls for six touchdowns, and had three interceptions and a touchdown returned as a linebacker. He became an insurance agent during his football career, and at the end of it requested to be traded closer to home, so the Browns traded him to the almost new New Orleans Saints for a second round pick, that was used to draft Joe "Turkey" Jones. 

johnny brewer.jpeg

There are a lot of older players like Johnny Brewer  #83 many did not have HUGE signing bonuses and didn't have enough to get by and needed other offseason jobs ..... like the yet older  "taxi squad"  guys.  Many didn't have legendary names either like another  old  #83,  Chip Glass what a name for an old Cleveland BROWNS player in our BROWNS legacy.   No old snazzy pictures either. 

images (25).jpeg

▪︎ But there was a really famous but still quite humble BROWNS HOF player coming up  next  at #82 that I'm sure Dutch will agree.

We're sure you will too on tomorrow .

We've hit the Wizard of Oz days left!

Oh yes the Cleveland BROWNS own #82  HOF  Ozzie Newsome.  Hitting pay "dirt"  at the Ol' Municipal Stadium.   Many of old memories there.

gettyimages-77801008-612x612.jpg

And coming up  next  at #81 this Monday during the first ever Monday Night Football game in 1970.  The 1969 Super Bowl III winner New York Jets and Joe Namath come into Cleveland. 

IUCDXPS7ZFDKDE7XUKLXW5EHZI.jpg

Cleveland Browns defensive ends Jack Gregory (81) and Ron Snidow (88) blast through the New York Jets protection to pressure quarterback Joe Namath during a Monday Night Football game in 1970.AP.  

Gregory was a Pro Bowler in 1969 and started every game from 1969-71. But his biggest accomplishment is his place in the Browns record book. Although sacks weren’t an official NFL stat until 1982, Gregory’s 14 sacks in 1970 are recognized by the Browns as the second-most in a single season, behind Bill Glass’ 14.5 in 1965. (Reggie Camp also had 14 sacks, in 1984).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yes the Cleveland BROWNS own #82  HOF  Ozzie Newsome.  Hitting pay "dirt"  at the Ol' Municipal Stadium.   Many of old memories there.

gettyimages-77801008-612x612.jpg

Holy poop on a stick, this photo is from the Browns/Saints game in 1984. It was the first game under Shottenheimer, and my first Browns game I saw in person. I would have been 8. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

And coming up  next  at #81 this Monday during the first ever Monday Night Football game in 1970.  The 1969 Super Bowl III winner New York Jets and Joe Namath come into Cleveland. 

IUCDXPS7ZFDKDE7XUKLXW5EHZI.jpg

Cleveland Browns defensive ends Jack Gregory (81) and Ron Snidow (88) blast through the New York Jets protection to pressure quarterback Joe Namath during a Monday Night Football game in 1970.AP.  

Gregory was a Pro Bowler in 1969 and started every game from 1969-71. But his biggest accomplishment is his place in the Browns record book. Although sacks weren’t an official NFL stat until 1982, Gregory’s 14 sacks in 1970 are recognized by the Browns as the second-most in a single season, behind Bill Glass’ 14.5 in 1965. (Reggie Camp also had 14 sacks, in 1984).

One day at a time, sir! 

One day at a time, sir! 

Yes I'm trying to get it in some rhythm to replace or fill in for syd.  I have a doctor appointment Tuesday won't be back until later.  Will be busy Wednesday too .... you can run with those for sure !

• Upvote 1