THE BROWNS BOARD

Global Warming/Climate Change Explained

Axe

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2022/07/18/fact-check-plymouth-rock-not-accurate-gauge-sea-level-rise/10010728002/

- the rock has been moved and has been in that spot since 1920

- you can take a picture at low tides

- records and officials in the area say there has been documented sea level rise since 1620

Facebook has warped your already gullible and fragile brains 

Any time one of you post something thinking you're disproving a vast consensus of scientists and academics you're always wrong. And it takes about 30 seconds to show you're wrong. 

And yet you and your side still love the whole anti academic, anti expert push... Sad stuff 

35 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2022/07/18/fact-check-plymouth-rock-not-accurate-gauge-sea-level-rise/10010728002/

- records and officials in the area say there has been documented sea level rise since 1620

Any time one of you post something thinking you're disproving a vast consensus of scientists and academics you're always wrong. And it takes about 30 seconds to show you're wrong. 

And yet you and your side still love the whole anti academic, anti expert push... Sad stuff 

And as usual... You MISSED the entire point... Now that's SAD!...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

http://ossfoundation.us/projects/environment/global-warming/myths/31000-scientists-say-no-convincing-evidence

31,000 scientists say "no convincing evidence".

31,000 scientists reject global warming and say "no convincing evidence" that humans can or will cause global warming? But polls show that of scientists working in the field of climate science, and publishing papers on the topic: 97% of the climate scientists surveyed believe “global average temperatures have increased” during the past century; and 97% think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures. What is the significance of these statistics?

While polls of scientists actively working in the filed of climate science indicate strong general agreement that Earth is warming and human activity is a significant factor, 31,000 scientists say there is "no convincing evidence" that humans can or will cause "catastrophic" heating of the atmosphere.

This claim originates from the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine, which has an online petition (petitionproject.org) that states:

We urge the United States government to reject the global warming agreement that was written in Kyoto, Japan in December, 1997, and any other similar proposals. The proposed limits on greenhouse gases would harm the environment, hinder the advance of science and technology, and damage the health and welfare of mankind.
There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate. Moreover, there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the Earth.

To participate in the petition one only needs to mark a check box to show that one has a Ph.D., M.S., or B.S. degree, and then fill in the fields. Unfortunately, that means that anyone can sign the petition, whether they have a degree or not.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

woodpecker loves farces. like a real woodpecker loves pecking on aluminum siding.

Care to comment on the topic of thread? You know, the same thing you bitch and moan and whine about me doing?

Explain why my post is incorrect 

5 hours ago, nickers said:

And as usual... You MISSED the entire point... Now that's SAD!...

I know you have the mental capacity of a paperclip, so I'm expecting nothing more than an old man homophobic/racist/whatever insult back...

... but care to explain what the point is and how I missed it?

5 hours ago, Vambo said:

http://ossfoundation.us/projects/environment/global-warming/myths/31000-scientists-say-no-convincing-evidence

31,000 scientists reject global warming and say "no convincing evidence" that humans can or will cause global warming? But polls show that of scientists working in the field of climate science, and publishing papers on the topic: 97% of the climate scientists surveyed believe “global average temperatures have increased” during the past century; and 97% think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures. What is the significance of these statistics?

While polls of scientists actively working in the filed of climate science indicate strong general agreement that Earth is warming and human activity is a significant factor, 31,000 scientists say there is "no convincing evidence" that humans can or will cause "catastrophic" heating of the atmosphere.

This claim originates from the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine, which has an online petition (petitionproject.org) that states:

We urge the United States government to reject the global warming agreement that was written in Kyoto, Japan in December, 1997, and any other similar proposals. The proposed limits on greenhouse gases would harm the environment, hinder the advance of science and technology, and damage the health and welfare of mankind.
There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate. Moreover, there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the Earth.

To participate in the petition one only needs to mark a check box to show that one has a Ph.D., M.S., or B.S. degree, and then fill in the fields. Unfortunately, that means that anyone can sign the petition, whether they have a degree or not.

"Signatories are approved for inclusion in the Petition Project list if they have obtained formal educational degrees at the level of Bachelor of Science or higher in appropriate scientific fields. The petition has been circulated only in the United States."

I could sign this, fyi. 

In 2019, 430k bachelor degrees in STEM fields were awarded. I know you're bad with numbers, but fyi. 

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

"Signatories are approved for inclusion in the Petition Project list if they have obtained formal educational degrees at the level of Bachelor of Science or higher in appropriate scientific fields. The petition has been circulated only in the United States."

I could sign this, fyi. 

In 2019, 430k bachelor degrees in STEM fields were awarded. I know you're bad with numbers, but fyi. 

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I know you have the mental capacity of a paperclip, so I'm expecting nothing more than an old man homophobic/racist/whatever insult back...

... but care to explain what the point is and how I missed it?

Ahh here you go with your insults... The point is everything goes in cycles you moron... Just like the universe itself ... Life it self is cyclical... Now go have a lollipop... Sucker!

Like the Earth,,, there has been more than one Ice age... But I know your brain is too feeble to grasp this concept... God you are DUMB!

Everything cedes... and recedes...

41 minutes ago, nickers said:

Ahh here you go with your insults... The point is everything goes in cycles you moron... Just like the universe itself ... Life it self is cyclical... Now go have a lollipop... Sucker!

Like the Earth,,, there has been more than one Ice age... But I know your brain is too feeble to grasp this concept... God you are DUMB!

Everything cedes... and recedes...

You called me a child molester in another thread... Spare me your victim act around insults (as much as I know you conservatives love playing the victim)

Oh wow, cycles? That's groundbreaking stuff. I'm sure no one has thought of that at all. You need to publish this research!

And the "point" of this Plymouth rock thread is that the earth goes in cycles? Those two things aren't connected at all. Your single brain cell is enough to realize Axe is incredibly incorrect and all you could do was try your best to invalidate climate change as a whole to direct attention away. Of course you aren't very bright so your cycle thing literally holds no weight. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You called me a child molester in another thread... Spare me your victim act around insults (as much as I know you conservatives love playing the victim)

Oh wow, cycles? That's groundbreaking stuff. I'm sure no one has thought of that at all. You need to publish this research!

And the "point" of this Plymouth rock thread is that the earth goes in cycles? Those two things aren't connected at all. Your single brain cell is enough to realize Axe is incredibly incorrect and all you could do was try your best to invalidate climate change as a whole to direct attention away. Of course you aren't very bright so your cycle thing literally holds no weight. 

Again... as I expected... You offered nothing.. You are a F R A U D!!.. Climate change is "CYCLICAL" Engrain that in your ignorant mind...

7 minutes ago, nickers said:

Again... as I expected... You offered nothing.. You are a F R A U D!!.. Climate change is "CYCLICAL" Engrain that in your ignorant mind...

You poor, stupid, angry old man. 

It's a shame your pea size brain is negatively affecting future generations. Hopefully we can get out of the hole you dug

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You poor, stupid, angry old man. 

It's a shame your pea size brain is negatively affecting future generations. Hopefully we can get out of the hole you dug

Young, Dumb and full of cum... You're predictable... Move along now Jr.

I live on the Gulf. I have for a long time. I live around some long standing structures in the water. Al Gore told us in a dire warning almost 30 yrs ago that Florida would be under water in 20 yrs. Well, I can tell you with absolute certainty that tides notwithstanding, the sea level has not risen one fucking inch in the 50 +yrs I've been here.

• Thanks 1

so, did Obamao commie move all the beaches to a higher elevation? nope.

Did ghengis khan move all the beaches in the world to a higher level? nope.

Go build yourself an ark to save yourself, stupid bird.

Care to actually discuss your biden president that is screwung up out country?

Care to admit you helped put all these completely incompetent and corrupt dirtbags into our WH and congress?

Care to be honest just ONCE?

no, we do not want to give up our Constitution/Bill of Rights because you leftie birdbrains are terrified of a fake impending doom by

tidal wave in one year.

How about your homey gore ? What was his dire prediction? Florida completely flooded and GONE forever by....1977? I forget the date.

The sea level did not accelerate or decelerate, as some might expect — meaning that the rise of the sea level does not depend on ocean temperature, much less on the atmospheric carbon...
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Axe said:

I live on the Gulf. I have for a long time. I live around some long standing structures in the water. Al Gore told us in a dire warning almost 30 yrs ago that Florida would be under water in 20 yrs. Well, I can tell you with absolute certainty that tides notwithstanding, the sea level has not risen one fucking inch in the 50 +yrs I've been here.

Well you'll have to tell all the scientists measuring sea level rise around Florida that they're wrong because you know with absolute certainty you haven't seen anything

Thrill the aboot Plymouth rock too! Remember? Your genius start to this thread ...

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Well you'll have to tell all the scientists measuring sea level rise around Florida that they're wrong because you know with absolute certainty you haven't seen anything

Thrill the aboot Plymouth rock too! Remember? Your genius start to this thread ...

🤣

The rock has been in the same place for over a hundred yrs.

1 hour ago, Axe said:

🤣

and woodpecker should know sometime, somehow, that a hundred years ago was a long, long time before woodpecker's idol, al gore, said Florida would be flooded completely over.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/10-times-experts-predicted-the-world-would-end-by-now

1 hour ago, Axe said:

🤣

Dammit Axe you went and told him!

I wanted to see Pecker exercise his mental superiority over us feeble old guys that don’t know Jack shit!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Dammit Axe you went and told him!

I wanted to see Pecker exercise his mental superiority over us feeble old guys that don’t know Jack shit!

Awe, that's adorable. This senior citizen thinks you actually did something Axe. How precious. 

53 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

But your first post insinuates it's been in the same spot for 400 years? Are you saying your first post is incorrect?

No, I'm saying you are a dumbass. But you'll probably miss that point as well.

• Haha 4

On 3/9/2023 at 8:17 AM, MLD Woody said:

The irony is that Obama bought a $15m oceanfront home just 38 miles away from that rock.

Seems the climate change warrior president wasn't worried much about rising sea levels as well. LOL

The fact is that if all emissions on the planet would cease tomorrow, nothing would change. 

On 3/10/2023 at 1:29 PM, Axe said:

No, I'm saying you are a dumbass. But you'll probably miss that point as well.

You have no point. Well, you did, and it was easily proved incorrect. 

But the little right wing crew has your back, so it's all good. 

Right wing posters on this board being objectively incorrect about climate change has been a constant here for over a decade. You doing it too is expected. It's always hilarious too when one of you thinks you have some great point too. 

But no one expects any of you to show any ounce of intelligence, so it's all good. 

• Haha 1