THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns' Perrion Winfrey arrested on misdemeanor assault complaint

Korsou Dawg

Cleveland Browns defensive tackle Perrion Winfrey was arrested Monday in Texas on a misdemeanor assault complaint.

Winfrey is accused of grabbing the hand of a woman he was dating, causing "bodily injury," according to Harris County court records.

A Browns spokesperson said the team is "aware of the situation and gathering more information."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36169954/browns-perrion-winfrey-arrested-misdemeanor-assault-complaint

We were looking for more IDL help even with this guy getting snaps...

16 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36169954/browns-perrion-winfrey-arrested-misdemeanor-assault-complaint

We were looking for more IDL help even with this guy getting snaps...

Not only that, this is what was written about Trysten Hill heading into last season. "Disappointing 2019 second-round pick may not see the end of rookie contract or camp."  As forecasted, the Cowboys released Hill on November 2nd of 2022 and Arizona signed him. He received some backup reps before a week 16 injury landed him on IR.  IMO Hill got a pretty generous contract from the Browns given the situation.  I mean the 2022 DT position in Cleveland wasn't very tough to upgrade; and the Browns brought in a guy that might not even be an upgrade to Elliott or Togiai.  If Dalvin Tomlinson gets injured, we better hope our new DC knows witchcraft or David Copperfield gets hired to get our IDL out of the straight jacket.

This is the type of stuff about Berry and/or the FO that drives me nuckin futs.  Guess what we need to draft as early as round 3 or via trade-up?  And YES, I understand there's nothing to lose with signing Maurice Hurst but that ain't eggs-actly a body of work projecting upside.  We have to be better than "Legally Blind" from our Harvard FO in a division that never forgives the Browns' inability to compete in the draft. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I knew it was only a matter of time... There's just something about the kid that reeks of THUG!

And this isn't the 1st interior defensive linemen this FO brought here with mental health issues that could interfere with the football career.  Malik McDowell was very talented IMO but football talent wasn't what prevented him from staying very long.  Lucky for the FO, only coaches have been getting fired.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

And this isn't the 1st interior defensive linemen this FO brought here with mental health issues that could interfere with the football career.  Malik McDowell was very talented IMO but football talent wasn't what prevented him from staying very long.  Lucky for the FO, only coaches have been getting fired.  

You just look at his face.. It has that look of uncontrollable anger and entitlement...

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

All the physical tools and intensity to make a great 3 tech. 

Needs to get his head out of his ass though. 

I said that from the get.. Physically he's got loads of talent...

We'll see how this plays out, but it might be time to cut your losses and move on. 

I have an issue taking a player with character issues who immediately confirms his character issues and yet still keeping him around. 

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I have an issue taking a player with character issues who immediately confirms his character issues and yet still keeping him around. 

I'm assuming that they figure he'll mature....kind of, grow out of it.  

1 hour ago, Orion said:

I'm assuming that they figure he'll mature....kind of, grow out of it.  

It does not appear that their hopes are coming true on this specific situation.

But we'll see how this plays out. None of us at this point really know the whole story, so I'll give him that at this moment.

On 4/12/2023 at 5:53 PM, Orion said:

This kid has been on the wrong foot since he got here.  ( as opposed to, He got OFF on the wrong foot )

I agree.  He just seems to be the type that follows trouble around.  We might be getting to the point where we just need to say Thanks, we wish you luck.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

We might be getting to the point where we just need to say Thanks, we wish you luck.

As a draft pick....I think he can talk himself out of dire straits.  

4 hours ago, Orion said:

As a draft pick....I think he can talk himself out of dire straits.  

As a draft pick he might not have to say anything.

I am  not giving up on him, at least not just yet.  Lets see what actually happened.  My problem is there just seems to be some sort of negative aura that follows this kid around.  Hopefully this is a wake up call, but I think I have said that before about the guy.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

As a draft pick he might not have to say anything.

I am  not giving up on him, at least not just yet.  Lets see what actually happened.  My problem is there just seems to be some sort of negative aura that follows this kid around.  Hopefully this is a wake up call, but I think I have said that before about the guy.

He's had plenty of time to wake up... He's going by way of Johnny Fucktard.. Just a different path...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, nickers said:

He's had plenty of time to wake up... He's going by way of Johnny Fucktard.. Just a different path...

I dunno. Seems like maybe it's really one and the same. I'd do a drug test on him myself.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I dunno. Seems like maybe it's really one and the same. I'd do a drug test on him myself.

Yeah, I'd hate to see how far he'd launch if someone lit up a cigar next to the guy.  Lookin at the rage with his lady, those James Harrison steroid cocktails aren't something to mess around with.

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2023 at 4:18 AM, nickers said:

😆 Back with Johnny Fratboy, I used to tell everyone "Relax Jim Kelly was a party animal coming out of college just like former Atlanta Falcon Brett Favre. And Kelly is still Irish."  The difference?  Favre and Kelly liked football enough to commit to it for a career.  Fratboy liked his rear view mirror and the temporary fame from it.

About our current Romper Room dilemma of "will poor little Perrion get a chance to grow up?" He's not Albert Haynesworth or he would have been a 1st round pick by a team that actually studied and scouted DTs last year.  Anyone that has a pulse knows our FO was way too smart to prioritize the DT position.  Consequently, they drafted a guy that most other teams doing their research stayed away from.  Now here comes the "Oh yeah? He was a only 4th round draft pick so what did we have to lose?"  My answer?  For a team that wasn't entering the draft until round 3 for a position group that is supposed to protect the LBers from offensive linemen AND stop the run - how'd we do?   4 LBers on IR and our staring DTs were Raggedy Ann and Andy.  It was so bad we had to use a guy that failed in Jax as a DE (Taven Bryan) in our DT rotation at times.  

So here we are celebrating FA signings like Maurice Hurst and Trysten Hill as what a terrific job this FO is doing. I did it too before I really looked into what was actually done to better the IDL personnel. YES, Tomlinson was a very good acquisition as a run stopper.  That said, Minnesota was very weak on defense and I think the Giants just rushed for another TD on them as we speak.  I bring that up because Tomlinson is going to need something more reliable than wet band aids like Trysten Hill and Maurice Hurst going tag team with him inside/upfront.   Let's be honest, we're really only wishful thinking Hill and Hurst to be something they've been incapable of thus far in the NFL.

Do we really want to be listening to another year of "Browns fans just need to be patient?"  What has this FO done to accomplish such unchallenged tenure?  They're the only ones not getting fired for how this roster has been built.  All these 1 year contracts aren't a foundation for the future - the Browns HAVE TO FREAKIN DRAFT BETTER or they stay in the basement and only coaches will get fired for the incompetence of the FO.  A FO that hasn't draft well and traded away the 1st 2 rounds for 2 consecutive years has now cornered itself into no margin of error in the draft this time around.

How are the the Browns going to compete at the IDL?     As much as I can't stand trading away any more future picks - they gotta move up and draft either Mazi Star Smith or Keeanu Benton to change the way this defense does business on game day.  That, or stick with Legally Blind fantasy football keeping Cleveland in the last place comfort zone...  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Flugel said:

😆 Back with Johnny Fratboy, I used to tell everyone "Relax Jim Kelly was a party animal coming out of college just like former Atlanta Falcon Brett Favre. And Kelly is still Irish."  The difference?  Favre and Kelly liked football enough to commit to it for a career.  Fratboy liked his rear view mirror and the temporary fame from it.

About our current Romper Room dilemma of "will poor little Perrion get a chance to grow up?" He's not Albert Haynesworth or he would have been a 1st round pick by a team that actually studied and scouted DTs last year.  Anyone that has a pulse knows our FO was way too smart to prioritize the DT position.  Consequently, they drafted a guy that most other teams doing their research stayed away from.  Now here comes the "Oh yeah? He was a only 4th round draft pick so what did we have to lose?"  My answer?  For a team that wasn't entering the draft until round 3 for a position group that is supposed to protect the LBers from offensive linemen AND stop the run - how'd we do?   4 LBers on IR and our staring DTs were Raggedy Ann and Andy.  It was so bad we had to use a guy that failed in Jax as a DE (Taven Bryan) in our DT rotation at times.  

So here we are celebrating FA signings like Maurice Hurst and Trysten Hill as what a terrific job this FO is doing. I did it too before I really looked into what was actually done to better the IDL personnel. YES, Tomlinson was a very good acquisition as a run stopper.  That said, Minnesota was very weak on defense and I think the Giants just rushed for another TD on them as we speak.  I bring that up because Tomlinson is going to need something more reliable than wet band aids like Trysten Hill and Maurice Hurst going tag team with him inside/upfront.   Let's be honest, we're really only wishful thinking Hill and Hurst to be something they've been incapable of thus far in the NFL.

Do we really want to be listening to another year of "Browns fans just need to be patient?"  What has this FO done to accomplish such unchallenged tenure?  They're the only ones not getting fired for how this roster has been built.  All these 1 year contracts aren't a foundation for the future - the Browns HAVE TO FREAKIN DRAFT BETTER or they stay in the basement and only coaches will get fired for the incompetence of the FO.  A FO that hasn't draft well and traded away the 1st 2 rounds for 2 consecutive years has now cornered itself into no margin of error in the draft this time around.

How are the the Browns going to compete at the IDL?     As much as I can't stand trading away any more future picks - they gotta move up and draft either Mazi Star Smith or Keeanu Benton to change the way this defense does business on game day.  That, or stick with Legally Blind fantasy football keeping Cleveland in the last place comfort zone...  

We're right on the same mindset... None of these guys are sure fire except Garrett... So no matter where you look on defense... There's a position to be won... Now to be fair... A new system,scheme and location could be the thing these kids need.. Time will tell.. But you know the odds of falling by the wayside are great with this bunch...

18 minutes ago, nickers said:

We're right on the same mindset... None of these guys are sure fire except Garrett... So no matter where you look on defense... There's a position to be won... Now to be fair... A new system,scheme and location could be the thing these kids need.. Time will tell.. But you know the odds of falling by the wayside are great with this bunch...

True.  A new scheme and system can help. However, even when the gridiron chess mind of Bill Belichick (and his attention to detail and soundness of fundamentals) arrived in Cleveland - the Browns only won 6 games in his 1st year.  1 year later they only won 7 games.  

It's like challenging someone to a game of chess but only your opponent gets to use all of the attack pieces while you have to forfeit your bishops, queen and rooks.  Even if your opponent isn't more intelligent than you at this game - the field of play slants very heavily in their favor.  I'll give you another example.  Bill Callahan is arguably one of the best OL coaches in the business - has that changed our situation at Left Tackle though?  It really hasn't.  That's the scariest part of our offensive line at one of the most crucial positions protecting the blind side of our 230 million $ investment at QB.  

YES, coaching and coordinators are very important.  However, counting on them to be miracle workers can really set one up for disappointment.  

Right now, we only have 1 legit starter at DT that is coming to us from Minnesota.  All other personnel at this position is questionable at best.  It's so pathetic we have people trying to see silver linings in Winfrey's behavioral patterns.  Even worse, we don't start drafting until round 3 when a lot of immediate help at this position has already been drafted.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

😆

But, but, but..................we just interviewed Gervon Dexter yesterday. For some reason that does not look like a trade up for DT according to tia.🤠

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Meh, spotty reception.  Verizon likes to think they're the tops... But the golf course would argue otherwise. 

lol.  It's usually better to be short than long.  :)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

First time out this year. I was long, short, past, around, above, below...

1st round is tomorrow 7:45 shotgun.  Just took my first swings in my front yard.  Really bad right rotator cuff.  No more high finish poses.

• Like 1